6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Do you think this will fit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:55 PM

Do you think this will fit?

Since the recent thread about relocating the info screen, i've been thinking of making it my next project. A friend of mine pointed out the kenwood DDX7015 HU. Do you guys think it would fit where the info screen is now?
I'm sure some modifications may be needed, but i know of a great shop that could probably handle it.

Kenwood DDX7015

Any comments?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:57 PM

Actually, I think that there is a pic of that HU installed where the info screen is. I believe it's on Carcus's page. Check it out.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:21 PM

Ah your right. I thought i had seen it before someplace, just wasn't sure. Awsome now all i need is the $$$
Old 03-09-2005, 11:22 AM

Doesnt that monitor pan down though to expose the dvd/cd player?? How would it fit in the top of the dash if it had to move downward without hitting anything??
Old 03-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

$1,700?? jeez, didnt realize they were that expensive....
Old 03-09-2005, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by maximaman2oo4
Doesnt that monitor pan down though to expose the dvd/cd player?? How would it fit in the top of the dash if it had to move downward without hitting anything??
From what i've seen it only goes down a little, just enough to insert a disk. There should be plenty of room and it slopes down on an angle.

It is a bit pricey, but i've gotten better prices, any where between 1,000 and 1,200.

And as mentioned previously, its been done in a 6gen. Scroll down to the middle of carcus' page
Old 03-10-2005, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mystery_Man
Since the recent thread about relocating the info screen, i've been thinking of making it my next project. A friend of mine pointed out the kenwood DDX7015 HU. Do you guys think it would fit where the info screen is now?
I'm sure some modifications may be needed, but i know of a great shop that could probably handle it.

Kenwood DDX7015

Any comments?
You have an SE. Why move your info screen when you can get a dash kit and modify that? It'll fit a double-din unit with modification, not to mention it'll probably be cheaper. Just my 2 cents. Have you seen the double-din monitors from Eclipse? They are really nice.
Eclipse Double-din HU's
Old 03-10-2005, 12:53 PM
andymax95

that headunit is exactly what i've been looking for and just browsed ebay, saw it for 500 bucks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Old 03-10-2005, 12:59 PM
andymax95

sounds to good to be true, it's maybe buy all 3 at 500 a piece. If it is we should get 3 orgers to go in on it it.Anyways just sent him an email to find out about it. If it is that much then i'm picking up asap. and if it is for all three i may purchase all of them and them and sell the other two for 750 bucks, basically getting one for free

Old 03-10-2005, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by andymax95
sounds to good to be true, it's maybe buy all 3 at 500 a piece. If it is we should get 3 orgers to go in on it it.Anyways just sent him an email to find out about it. If it is that much then i'm picking up asap. and if it is for all three i may purchase all of them and them and sell the other two for 750 bucks, basically getting one for free
That is a heck of price, almost too good of a deal. He doesn't mention anything about them being new or used. The bids are in Australian dollars but he's in NY. I don't know, I might pass on this one AndyMax
Old 03-10-2005, 01:09 PM
andymax95

he's got feedback and they questions everyone probably is pondering I asked him in the email i sent.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by andymax95
he's got feedback and they questions everyone probably is pondering I asked him in the email i sent.
Let us know how it turns out. If you bought all 3 and sold 'em for $750, that's still a good deal. Not only do you get one free, but you just saved some orgers(hint hint) a nice piece of change.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:01 PM

I emailed him as well, and he wanted to do the business off ebay. Then ebay sent me a message saying that doing business off ebay will not be protected if anything goes wrong. Basically i wouldn't trust it. I found it for 1,000 as well for a buy it now. The 500 has got to have a catch.

As far as moving the screen, its something i would like to do, I like the look. I haven't looked into other double din monitors yet, this one was brought to my attention, but since i have time before i'm going to buy i'll do some more research for sure.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:07 PM

I emailed him as well, and he wanted to do the business off ebay. Then ebay sent me a message saying that doing business off ebay will not be protected if anything goes wrong. Basically i wouldn't trust it. I found it for 1,000 as well for a buy it now. The 500 has got to have a catch.

As far as moving the screen, its something i would like to do, I like the look. I haven't looked into other double din monitors yet, this one was brought to my attention, but since i have time before i'm going to buy i'll do some more research for sure.
I thought I smelled poo.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Look at his other auctions... he also has 3 Alpines that he's selling for $500 if purchased within 12 hours. And 3 Alienware laptops for $900 (again within 12 hours).

Looks like a perfect setup to grab a ton of cash at once and disappear. Maybe somebody's account got jacked and they wanna smash and grab... I don't know.

But like I always say... if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably neither good, nor true.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by viguera
Look at his other auctions... he also has 3 Alpines that he's selling for $500 if purchased within 12 hours. And 3 Alienware laptops for $900 (again within 12 hours).

Looks like a perfect setup to grab a ton of cash at once and disappear. Maybe somebody's account got jacked and they wanna smash and grab... I don't know.

But like I always say... if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably neither good, nor true.
Exactly, i saw that, and my thoughts are exactly
Old 03-10-2005, 03:58 PM

I have to say I have been interested in adding another screen in my SE as well since I do not have NAV. BUT I do not want to lose the Bose tape deck (like the flow) and I don't want anything like the Avic1 or 2 that flips up and covers the controls. I like the idea of putting the kenwood up top abnd relocating the info to the bottom but not sure it would fit.....

here's my question though, if I were to put in a seperate headunit, like a double din eclipse where the tape player is, does that eliminate my 6 disc in dash and the controls up top? If so, forget it, I'll settle with what I have somehow.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Smoken'04
I have to say I have been interested in adding another screen in my SE as well since I do not have NAV. BUT I do not want to lose the Bose tape deck (like the flow) and I don't want anything like the Avic1 or 2 that flips up and covers the controls. I like the idea of putting the kenwood up top abnd relocating the info to the bottom but not sure it would fit.....

here's my question though, if I were to put in a seperate headunit, like a double din eclipse where the tape player is, does that eliminate my 6 disc in dash and the controls up top? If so, forget it, I'll settle with what I have somehow.
I like the stock flow, it'll look relatively stock except for the moving of the info screen. I was debating on the flip ups because they do cover the controls, thats why i like this idea better. Its been done so i assume it would fit.

As for your ? I'd have to think no, unless you were able to split the wiring or something, but thats not my area i could be completely wrong or i just confused myself thinking
Old 03-10-2005, 04:26 PM

Exactly, i saw that, and my thoughts are exactly
Seems to be suspicious...was pulled off of Ebay from what I have seen.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:30 AM
andymax95

I'd pay with a credit craud, thats got enough protection.
I have a question, i use my tape deck for my ipod, does this headunit have an aux option for the ipod?

This was the sellers response to my email:
HI
First I want to tell you that my item are brand new, unopened box
all accessories included and also an international warranty.
The invoice will come at the same time with the package.
My price is the best you could get: 500$/unit, including the
shipping and insurance taxes. We will pay them because the package
will be delivered from Europe.
As delivery service we use UPS2days air service or overnight (with insurance and
15 days return policy), because it's the faster. And if you will have
a quick payment, we must also have a quick delivery. So that's why we
use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and
also very secure way of sending money.
So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
Waiting your quick answer right now,

THANK YOU