6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Good price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good price?

I got an online quote for an SE with only sunroof and the usual floor mats, splash guards and spoiler. Sticker is 29,190 they came back with a price of $25,020. I checked, that's about $1500 under invoice. Good deal? I'm thinking it is.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:59 PM

Seems like a good price to me, I suppose you need to wait and see what they give you for your trade (if you have one). I know they didn't discount my SL quite that much, but they did give me about $1000 more for my trade than any other dealer was going to - so it evened out in the end.

This may sound silly too, but I would make sure that's on an '05 and not a leftover '04. When I got mine last month one of the dealers actually tried to hide the fact that it was an '04 and only late into the negotiations did that fact come forth.

And isn't the spoiler standard on the SE?

Good luck
Old 03-11-2005, 01:13 PM
SuPeRmOd

so is the interior growing on you?
Old 03-11-2005, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by BlackMax2k1
I got an online quote for an SE with only sunroof and the usual floor mats, splash guards and spoiler. Sticker is 29,190 they came back with a price of $25,020. I checked, that's about $1500 under invoice. Good deal? I'm thinking it is.

If you don't get Driver Preferred Package, you will regret it later on and it may reduce the car's resale value.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Banned

yeah thats kinda funny if you're the same guy who was dissin the 04 max in a previous thread
Old 03-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

BlackMax, you really should steer away from this deal. Remember, the interior is from my grandmas 62 Buick. Thats why it must be so cheap.

Time to eat some crow????
Old 03-11-2005, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04
BlackMax, you really should steer away from this deal. Remember, the interior is from my grandmas 62 Buick. Thats why it must be so cheap.

Time to eat some crow????
Too funny
Old 03-12-2005, 01:26 PM

Pretty sad that you remember I bashed the interior. I think you are just jealous I would be getting an '05. Ever hear the phrase "money talks". I don't remember saying that I was actually buying it either. I haven't even test drove one or an Altima SE-R. No love for the older gen Maxima owner here.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:37 PM

Pretty sad that you remember I bashed the interior. I think you are just jealous I would be getting an '05. Ever hear the phrase "money talks". I don't remember saying that I was actually buying it either. I haven't even test drove one or an Altima SE-R. No love for the older gen Maxima owner here.
Hehe....and like we get alot of love from you guys bashing on our 6th gen.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=386993

These are the things that make me wonder why I even post some times. Way too much hate on the 6th gen......and part of it could be $$$$$$ like you said yourself. Money talks.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by carcus
These are the things that make me wonder why I even post some times. Way too much hate on the 6th gen......and part of it could be $$$$$$ like you said yourself. Money talks.
Exactly, I can put aside my dislike for something if the money is right.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:12 PM

First I've read that post, a couple points really stand-out IMHO...

1) Some Maxima owners really do think they are driving a sports car. There are a few 4-sports sports cars out there, the max is a sporty looking 4-door. Theres a big difference. Sorry folks, you are driving a good, solid 4 door grocery getter/highway cruiser family car, nothing more. Regardless of generation. the 6th gen just gives you more much needed space and a nice open airy feeling. If it's FWD, regardless of who makes it, it's NOT A SPORTS CAR.

2) The "hate" on the 6th gen? I guess it's pretty simple. It's the first max that doesn't look like every other Jap 4 door sedan on the planet. Thankfully, Nissan made a statement with the new one, vs. Honda's unbelievably plain, non-descript Accord as an example.

I'll be willing to bet that unlike the previous gens, you won't see a grandmother driving every 3rd Max you see.

Check-out any other forum on the net based on cars that have changed over the years, EVERYONE of them contain the same kinds of threads... "I have the old one and the new one sucks". The *insert model here* has ruined the "heritage"". Typical, very typical.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:05 PM

I agree with you Okiewan....the true sports cars were just that....2 seaters, not very fast but could handle. MG, Triumph, Fiat, Sunbeam, Porsche....those are sports cars. The closest thing that could be a 4 door sports car is the M3....E36 was made with 4 doors at one time. Still, even that is not a true sports car. I agree also with you that whatever brand....the new style comes out....the owners of the last gen usually hate it. Granted.....some dislike could be due to lack of the body style...others can be from people that shelled out $$$$$ for the last year body style and now their car looks old and they feel ripped. Other bad feelings can be from younger Max owners that can not afford a new 6th gen....but own a later gen and claim it is crap due to lack of dollars. Regardless... I like all Maximas....just been alot of crapping on the 6th gen. I like it. Hell, I even see it on the Infinity G35 boards that call the Maxima a big pig...but the G35 4 door is pretty much the same and they tend to think Infinity is special...all of these brands are badged Nissan in Japan and just change the badges to make a few bucks. As far as people racing Maximas.....they need to get over the fact it is not a Muscle Car.....I hate hearing stories of "I wasted a Camaro"...."I wasted a....insert car here and get ready to go to the Honda Civic forum"

Sorry done with venting. Maxima is a nice family sedan......the 4 door sports car was a marketing thing....but some take that the wrong way and think the Maxima is a sports car....most of them do not know what a true sports car is and those years are far gone....just my 2 cents.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:22 PM

Don't anyone get me wrong, I really like the car and am very satisfied with it. Then again, I bought it with the mindset of getting a well made comfortable, safe and competent 4 door for my wife. Yeah, she may have preferred the softer ride (read insulated) of the Avalon, but I didn't take her to drive one . Bottom line is, she likes it a lot.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Blackmax, how could we NOT remember a tool that comes into the 6th gen forum and outright bashes our rides? And a week later you are asking us for a good price?

Jealous? Jeez man, thats the best you got? Guess not, cuz you tried " well, I didnt say I was buying it" WEAK bro!

Be a man and eat some crow.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Okiewan
First I've read that post, a couple points really stand-out IMHO...

1) Some Maxima owners really do think they are driving a sports car. There are a few 4-sports sports cars out there, the max is a sporty looking 4-door. Theres a big difference. Sorry folks, you are driving a good, solid 4 door grocery getter/highway cruiser family car, nothing more. Regardless of generation. the 6th gen just gives you more much needed space and a nice open airy feeling. If it's FWD, regardless of who makes it, it's NOT A SPORTS CAR.

2) The "hate" on the 6th gen? I guess it's pretty simple. It's the first max that doesn't look like every other Jap 4 door sedan on the planet. Thankfully, Nissan made a statement with the new one, vs. Honda's unbelievably plain, non-descript Accord as an example.

I'll be willing to bet that unlike the previous gens, you won't see a grandmother driving every 3rd Max you see.

Check-out any other forum on the net based on cars that have changed over the years, EVERYONE of them contain the same kinds of threads... "I have the old one and the new one sucks". The *insert model here* has ruined the "heritage"". Typical, very typical.
so true, all of it. The FWD kills the sports car thing for sure. It almost has too much power for FWD and would only be a good sports car if torque steer didnt get in the way of maneuvering around turns much less straight at full throttle. Thats just the nature of front wheel drive though. It doesnt feel like a cookie cutter japanese car. And while I still see grandmas with 6gens, it performs and looks well enough for us younger people. Something for everyone I guess. Definently people have strong opinions on style changes of any make and model car, good or bad. Just the way it is.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:04 AM

it's alright brother...everybody needs time to "see the light..." welcome!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:43 PM
wsu

sporty sedan, but a sedan nonetheless

I echo the sentiments of some of the other comments above. The Maxima is not a sports car, it is a family SEDAN, albeit sporty and with some near luxury amenities. It is its roominess as a sporty sedan that sold me on the car. I haul kids, work files, luggage, and training materials around southern Illinois with my Maxima. I wanted something comfortable for a lot of windshield time and with ample power to pass on two lane roads with briskness. The SL has been a good choice, though I wish the ride were a little more smooth on some of the state roads.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:52 PM
SuPeRmOd

NaNaNaNa I can't hear this.... I may be in denial, but I notice people's reactions when I pass them effortlessly in my "family sedan" And I know the Ricers get annoyed as I pull away on my merry way. b/c once I start coasting, awhile later they finally catch up and look at me like I kissed their girl or something. I see the fear in their eyes as they try to egg me into a race. Then relief as I continue to ignore them and they boast "uh, yeah, um, he's scared."

fine, add a Y to my Sport' Sedan. My 265 horses do just fine.