6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Interior/Exterior LED install pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 03:06 PM

Interior/Exterior LED install pics

Just got done installing my interior LEDS along with a pair for the License plates.

The pictures don't do em justice..I'll try to take some pics at night but those damn things are really bright.

I couldn't get a good shot of the floor lights unfortunately.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LP lights (I'll have to see how they look at night)

Map Lights

Rear Lights

I also took out this metal plate that was blocking a lot of the light from the rear...I think that's the only purpose it has...to block the light

Sparq.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Old 04-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Banned

My LED's are still on the way, hopefull they cabin will glow a nice blue
Old 04-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

sweeeeeeeettttttttt.........
Old 04-01-2005, 08:38 PM
*moderator*

I took out my rear plate as well, I think it's intended to direct the light onto each passenger better...gone!!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:13 AM

Damn, those do look alot better than orange~~
Old 04-02-2005, 01:05 AM
2004 Smoke

Excellent! part numbers and source please....
Old 04-02-2005, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by koreanmaximan
Damn, those do look alot better than orange~~
Not only that...but they light up cooler than regular bulbs I'm sure...Put some part numbers down and a source. I know PIAA sells them but they are only 2 LED bulbs for the floor wedge bulbs. How many LEDs are in the tube like bulbs for front and rear and how many LED's are in the wedge bulbs?

Thanks...Jimbo
Old 04-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Banned

Jimbo...the ones I have coming (should be here today or monday) have 4 LED's in each festoon bulb on the front and rear dome lights. So 16 total. The wedge type 195 LED's I bought have 5 LED's in each, facing straight out and all 4 sides. I didnt bother paying for LED's in the doors because the red coating on the covers drowns it out anyway. I have blue incadescent bulbs in the front doors now, looks pretty nice but because of the red, isnt too bright. But its better than messing up the blue theme on the floor.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Jimbo...the ones I have coming (should be here today or monday) have 4 LED's in each festoon bulb on the front and rear dome lights. So 16 total. The wedge type 195 LED's I bought have 5 LED's in each, facing straight out and all 4 sides. I didnt bother paying for LED's in the doors because the red coating on the covers drowns it out anyway. I have blue incadescent bulbs in the front doors now, looks pretty nice but because of the red, isnt too bright. But its better than messing up the blue theme on the floor.
Cool...where did you get them from? Post a link for us...thanks BlackMaxx...

Jimbo

Update/Edit: Got my LED's for my Passat (RIP) from this site below:

SuperBright LEDs

Another update. Here is the list of bulbs for the 2005 Maxima that I copy pasted from the Sylvania website. Some of the bulb numbers I recognize as standard across the board...not sure if the others are Sylvania specific:

2005 NISSAN Maxima (With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

Low beam headlamp
HID-D2S

Parking light
1157A
1157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style
1157ALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front turn signal
1157A
1157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style
1157ALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear turn signal
3057LL

Tail light
3057LL

Stop light
3057LL

High mount stop light

Fog/Driving light
H3-55W
H3ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen

License plate

Back up light
3156LL

Cornering
3156LL

Rear sidemarker

Glove box

Map light
DE3021

Dome light
DE3175

Step/Courtesy light
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Trunk/Cargo area

Daytime running lights
1156LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

__________________________________________________ __

The applications presented in this replacement guide have been compiled using the best information available from the vehicle manufacturers at the time of your search. This guide is intended for general information purposes only, not to be construed as any type of warrantee as to any particular application. For specific applications the vehicle owner's manual should be consulted.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Banned

I got mine from www.discountleds.com
but the site superbright leds sells the same stuff as I bought.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Banned

Oh its always nice to see lower prices somewhere else after I made the purchase...superbrightleds.com is where I will shop in the future.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:49 AM

I got mine from www.discountleds.com
but the site superbright leds sells the same stuff as I bought.
BlackMaxx...did you use 31x10mm for both front and rear (map and dome) lights? Also...how did you get the cover off...I just got my rear off easily, but don't see how to get the front map light cover off without using a tool...don't want to dent up the plastic...thanks!

Jimbo
Old 04-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Banned

I used the 31mm for both the front and rear yes. It is more snug in the front but it fits...you'll notice stock ones are smaller in front (but Ive never seen blue ones in that size) The front maplight is such a pain to get off...and back on...that I left it off while I wait for the shippment of the LED's. But the 31x10 will work perfect in back and fit in front tightly. The way the manual says to get the cover off the front is to place a butterknife inbetween the clear plastic cover and the housing. I started in the drivers corner near the buttons. You just have to pry it out and down a little bit...Then the corner pops out and you carefully pop out the rest of the plastic on the side facing you..The window facing side has longer tabs and is pulled away from the unit after the front is popped away. In my experience there is no smooth way of doing this, I used a butterknife and I did this twice without damaging anything. I was very afraid of breaking the tabs the whole time.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:17 AM

I used the 31mm for both the front and rear yes. It is more snug in the front but it fits...you'll notice stock ones are smaller in front (but Ive never seen blue ones in that size) The front maplight is such a pain to get off...and back on...that I left it off while I wait for the shippment of the LED's. But the 31x10 will work perfect in back and fit in front tightly. The way the manual says to get the cover off the front is to place a butterknife inbetween the clear plastic cover and the housing. I started in the drivers corner near the buttons. You just have to pry it out and down a little bit...Then the corner pops out and you carefully pop out the rest of the plastic on the side facing you..The window facing side has longer tabs and is pulled away from the unit after the front is popped away. In my experience there is no smooth way of doing this, I used a butterknife and I did this twice without damaging anything. I was very afraid of breaking the tabs the whole time.
Cool...Thanks BlackMaxx...I just ordered some LEDs from the SuperBright that I used in the past and some accent lighting to replace the lighting in my trunk now. Don't know if you noticed, probably, the trunk is not that bright with the current light. I put two cheap light bars in there that I had from my Passat, but I'm replacing them with better accent lighting from SuperBright...the 3 inch bars in black housing...match the interior of the trunk better. Get an idea from looking at my CarDomain page...thanks BlackMaxx!

Jimbo
Old 04-02-2005, 03:59 PM

Think BlackMax answered everything already!

But yeah...I got mine from superbrightleds as well...the LP, and Floor ones have 6 LEDs in em...and the fuse type have 4 tiny LEDs in em...very bright.

As for the front cover...I just used a tiny flathead scredriver to lift the plastic off...and used my fingers to pop the rest off.

Forgot to take pics at night...will try to remember

Sparq
Old 04-02-2005, 08:02 PM

looks good
Old 04-02-2005, 10:18 PM

I went to 5 different parts stores this weekend and couldn't find any. Guess the web is the best place.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:11 AM

The acura TL has a nice blue led light that gives off a cool glow at night. I would like to do somethiing like that in my max
Old 04-04-2005, 03:21 PM

hey guys....the 31x10mm only have two LED's according to superbright.com...anyone who installed these are they bright enough?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:23 PM

i shoulda put this is the previous post as well but just one more question...anyone know why they dont make the dome light in blue on superbright?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:39 PM

Use these instead: 3022-4 LED Festoon bulb

Old 04-04-2005, 03:42 PM

thanx sparq...that answere both questions
Old 04-04-2005, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by sparq
Just got done installing my interior LEDS along with a pair for the License plates.

The pictures don't do em justice..I'll try to take some pics at night but those damn things are really bright.

I couldn't get a good shot of the floor lights unfortunately.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LP lights (I'll have to see how they look at night)

Map Lights

Rear Lights

I also took out this metal plate that was blocking a lot of the light from the rear...I think that's the only purpose it has...to block the light

Sparq.
Look nice sparq......I am thinking I want red ones. Do they make them?
Old 04-04-2005, 06:35 PM
*moderator*

I just replaced my liscense plate lights with LED's looks much better. I also bought the PIAA'a for the dome lights and cornering lights, much brighter than the cheap ones I bought before...
Old 04-04-2005, 06:38 PM

Carcus....

Yes...I think they do..but I doubt they'll be as bright as whites

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...gi?product=CAR
Old 04-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Banned

They have the technology as of 2001 I read, to make LED's in any color under the rainbow from white to ultraviolet. This was not possible until 2001, On superbrightleds.com they have red,green,amber,UV, blue, and superwhite festoon bulbs and wedges.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

they are look so coooooooool......I love it..
Old 04-05-2005, 05:43 AM

Thanks!!!

Sparq
Old 04-05-2005, 07:24 AM

There are so many threads and posts about different bulb changes it makes Baby Jesus cry.

Somebody should put together some kind of write-up... Bulb A, LED B or whatever, what it looks like, where to get it and how much it costs. Right now there's like 50 links to different types of bulbs, people saying some places are outrageous in price, all kinds of stuff.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:04 AM

I am with viguera, if sparq could give us the superbright part numbers for his different applications would be a hugh help.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:16 PM

I got mine from www.superbrightleds.com

Ok chaps...here's the part numbers:

4 X Front/back Map lights: #DE3175
I got these:
3022-4 LED Festoon bulb

2 X License PLates and 2 X floor lighting: #168
I got these:
WLED-6 LED bulb

Hope that helps.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:58 PM

Thanks... that helps a ton...

For anyone else shopping there, it's a lot easier to search for the items directly from their shopping area...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...?product=OTHER

Just put the part #s in there and they'll show up, then you can add them to the cart.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sparq -

Did u put Blue map lights in or white. If you did put in blue are they brighter than the stock lights???
Old 04-06-2005, 08:29 AM

Thanks that helps a ton. Great job
Old 04-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Banned

ARGH..still waiting on my LED's...Called them after like a week and a half and was told my package got returned to their PO box with a damaged label...The suspense is killing me! I really hope thay are deep blue and NOT bright...I wasnt a big fan of the brighter 10 watt bulbs in the front, just looking for a blue glow.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:50 PM

Here are some pics folks of the LEDs bulbs that I recommended from SuperbrightLEDs.com. The first pic is a comparison for those folks wanting to see a difference between stock bulb (left) and the 4 LED festoon (right)

The next photo is the completed product which you all saw previously posted by someone else...but I upgrade that light that is under that little slit in the middle to a wedge LED bulb. Tried a blue and white LED bulb I already had, but it was too bright...so I went with red since it kinda matches the gauge lights and such...

I plan to upgrade...again...the lighting in my trunk. If you look at my Cardomain page I have blue LED light bars in the trunk that increase the lighting...better than the weak stock lights. I will be upgrading it to red LED lighting...the ALM-OB Accent Light Module (accent lighting on superbrightleds.com). Easy install and good looking upgrade!

Jimbo
Old 04-06-2005, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by MAJ_Jimbo
Here are some pics folks of the LEDs bulbs that I recommended from SuperbrightLEDs.com. The first pic is a comparison for those folks wanting to see a difference between stock bulb (left) and the 4 LED festoon (right)
Is that festoon blue or white? I know it "looks" blueish, but I don't know if that's the camera, the white bulb that looks blue or just the plain old blue bulb.

I plan to upgrade...again...the lighting in my trunk. If you look at my Cardomain page I have blue LED light bars in the trunk that increase the lighting...better than the weak stock lights. I will be upgrading it to red LED lighting...the ALM-OB Accent Light Module (accent lighting on superbrightleds.com). Easy install and good looking upgrade!
That's a hell of an idea... I'm sick of the assy bulb in the trunk, but I never thought of an LED light bar. Did you get those from the same place? Part # please?

You're doing some awesome interior work with the lights, btw... not many people have messed around with the 6th gen interiors so far. Now let me know if you ever get around to the door switches and stuff...
Old 04-06-2005, 11:19 PM

madmaxman......I got white LEDs...but trust me..they look more purple/blue...kinda like the HID headlights!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by viguera
Is that festoon blue or white? I know it "looks" blueish, but I don't know if that's the camera, the white bulb that looks blue or just the plain old blue bulb.

That's a hell of an idea... I'm sick of the assy bulb in the trunk, but I never thought of an LED light bar. Did you get those from the same place? Part # please?

You're doing some awesome interior work with the lights, btw... not many people have messed around with the 6th gen interiors so far. Now let me know if you ever get around to the door switches and stuff...
Thanks Vigurela...There white bulbs, but as already said...they look bluish and close to HID. The type of bulb is already pictured with part number from superbrightleds.com above in a thread. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll repost some information.

Jimbo

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior LED install pics