6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Spoiler Frenzy!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any more opinions on the Aerogear Altima spoiler for the Maxima?

Old 03-27-2005, 09:00 PM

can someone photoshop this Altima spoiler on to the maxima?
Old 03-29-2005, 11:58 AM

Awsome paint job!

Hey Max 617, That's an awsome paint job man! What is something like that go for if I can be a bit bold to ask?

Thanks for the pics!
Old 03-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dues, you get a spoiler yet?

You cant go a whole week without a new mod can you? ....or at least painting something black.....
Old 03-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04

You cant go a whole week without a new mod can you? ....or at least painting something black.....
I agree...but its very entertaining
Old 03-30-2005, 09:09 PM
SuPeRmOd

D, if you don't slow a little bit, you'll have extreme withdrawl issues when you run out of possible mods.

maybe you should wait until your Stillen kit is on. I think that will influence how a spoiler will flow with the rest of your car.

makes you wonder if he resorts to black fingernails during down times.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:44 PM

My fignernails did get black during the headlight chrome trim painting project. I am waiting to get a good hookup to a body shop thats reasonably priced and produces good work. In the meantime, I can do smaller projects, like tinting the cornering lights and painting brake calipers. I am itching to do something.

I agree that its better to wait til Stillen kit is on before I decide on the spoiler. Im pretty sure I want the Altima spoiler in the above pictures. Im not sure if it fits. Can anyone photoshop that on a black max?
Old 03-31-2005, 07:16 AM

I got an email from a company that sells the Altima spoiler on that blue car above. They indicated that it is custom made for the altima and will not fit the maxima. Im not convinced. I have parked next to an Altima and the trunks appear to be the same shape and contours. Can anyone help me determine if the Altima trunk is that different?
If they are that different, Aerogear makes a spoiler I like that is universal. Here is a pic:

Opinions???
Old 03-31-2005, 07:52 AM

NO! N, O, !!

Old 03-31-2005, 08:15 AM

NO! N, O, !!

Yep... I say he gets banned on general principle if he puts that thing on his car.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:45 AM

What about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33638

I think people have this one already. How do you guys like it? It seems like a great price for a painted spoiler, and the company seems pretty reputable with a 13,800 score and 99.6% rating.

On another note, is the factory "lip" spoiler just taped on?

-MO-
Old 03-31-2005, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by MObruin
What about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33638

I think people have this one already. How do you guys like it? It seems like a great price for a painted spoiler, and the company seems pretty reputable with a 13,800 score and 99.6% rating.
I think that's the same one that lex4style has for $150 shipped -- but primed, not painted. The ebay one is $140 but there's also $30 in shipping charges at the bottom... depending on how cheap you can get it painted, lex's might be a better deal. Plus you're putting the $ into a .org member, if that matters...

You can even try and see what JerryRome has them for... I think they had the painted one for $200, and they were offering a 25% discount on some parts. Check out the 6th gen classifieds section for a link.

On another note, is the factory "lip" spoiler just taped on?

-MO-
Yeah, double-sided tape.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by viguera
I think that's the same one that lex4style has for $150 shipped -- but primed, not painted. The ebay one is $140 but there's also $30 in shipping charges at the bottom... depending on how cheap you can get it painted, lex's might be a better deal. Plus you're putting the $ into a .org member, if that matters...

You can even try and see what JerryRome has them for... I think they had the painted one for $200, and they were offering a 25% discount on some parts. Check out the 6th gen classifieds section for a link.

Yeah, double-sided tape.
Hold up. Ive been told that there is MORE than tape under the oem spoiler, that in fact there are drill holes. Am I mistaken or are you?

Anyone confirm? I would love to take my EOM off and add a wing...but DONT want both!! Thanks-
Old 03-31-2005, 12:47 PM

Hold up. Ive been told that there is MORE than tape under the oem spoiler, that in fact there are drill holes. Am I mistaken or are you?

Anyone confirm? I would love to take my EOM off and add a wing...but DONT want both!! Thanks-
I might be mistaken, or you might be...

I remember reading that the OEM lip comes with only tape for mounting. Perhaps when they (Nissan) installs it, they drill or something, but AFAIK I don't remember reading anything about holes. I know there are holes where the logo is, and some people take off the logo and fill/paint the thing, but as far as the spoiler itself, I thought it was attached with just tape.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:48 PM

oem lip spolier is just tape, no holes. well thats what the service guys told me at nissan after they installed mine.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:46 PM

Been looking for this. Thanks MSOEMAX. My Girlfriend just picked my OEM spoiler up at the dealership and was wondering if anyone knew what the process was to install on an SL, e.g.(remove trunk hamburger badge, does the OEM spoiler require screws, etc.?) Just wondering. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know. Also, I've broken one nylon retainer clip that holds up the map lights/sunroof control panel and I cannot nor can about 5 Nissan dealers locate them on any schematic. Just wondering if anyone knew of the part number for this Nylon retainer clip? JP
Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 PM

sorry, don't know about the clips...spoiler is held on by using double sided 3M tape. To remove the hamburger you should use your GF hair dryer and heat uo that area. Some have used dental floss/fishing line to assist in pulling off the burger. that should be all...post pics if you can when you take apart the door...
Old 03-31-2005, 02:08 PM
GrandPa

When they took off my OEM spoiler to install the leds there were 4 holes in the trunk lid. Take off the cover on the lid and see if you see any holes. Pal379, are you going to CT. on the 9th? Later Warren
Old 03-31-2005, 02:12 PM

I wont be able to attend that one, family party. Hopefully if they have another one in a few weeks to a month, I'll be able to go.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:32 PM
GrandPa

Thats cool. We have to meet one day. I live in Bay Ridge. I just had carbon fiber installed on the door pillars. I will have pictures on cardomain tomorrow. Later Warren
Old 03-31-2005, 02:34 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by ramberg
Thats cool. We have to meet one day. I live in Bay Ridge. I just had carbon fiber installed on the door pillars. I will have pictures on cardomain tomorrow. Later Warren
where are you guys getting this carbon for the pillars from?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:41 PM
GrandPa

I brought them from superiordash.com. I will call them tomorrow to see if they can cut us a deal. Later Warren

Old 03-31-2005, 02:44 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I brought them from superiordash.com. I will call them tomorrow to see if they can cut us a deal. Later Warren
yea, I like this carbon piece... I saw pics of another max there and it looks good.. thanx Warren..........
Old 03-31-2005, 02:54 PM

OK, Im not gonna put the Universal Aerogear spoiler on. Also, I measured an Altima trunk and it is THREE INCHES WIDER than the Maxima trunk!!!! SO its no go, which is too bad cuz I liked the Altima Aerogear spoiler. I really dont like the stock boring lip spoiler and the G35 spoiler is only slightly less boring. I also dont want ricey-looking things sticking on the back. The search goes on.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:00 PM

How bout this spoiler?

Its a Black Widow II for a Civic.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:13 PM

Well, getting back to the topic, did everyone agree that the lip spoiler is just taped on?? Can we confirm this with anyone thats actually removed it??

-MO-

PS- Would adding a bigger spoiler to the small lip spoiler really look that bad?? The lip doesnt even look like a spoiler so I think no one would notice the two unless they are maxima owners
Old 03-31-2005, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by MObruin
Well, getting back to the topic, did everyone agree that the lip spoiler is just taped on?? Can we confirm this with anyone thats actually removed it??
Well opinions vary, but I'd much rather err on the side of caution and assume that there are holes. Like was mentioned up there, you can try and take the liner off and see if you see any holes.

I don't see why the lip would NEED screws or whatever as opposed to the "wing" type spoilers though... and it'd make sense that, if it NEEDED hardware to mount it other than tape, then when you buy it from Nissan it would come with that hardware, and there would be instructions to bolt the thing on to the car... seems to me to be the standard with Nissan parts anyway.

PS- Would adding a bigger spoiler to the small lip spoiler really look that bad?? The lip doesnt even look like a spoiler so I think no one would notice the two unless they are maxima owners
Depends on your taste... I saw one with a lip + spoiler in real life the other day and it looked like a'ss. The pictures might not look all that bad, but (IMO) it really doesn't look good. Then again, there are people -- probably reading this thread -- that have 2 and don't care, and they think it's nice.

To each his own, I guess...
Old 03-31-2005, 05:28 PM

Ive read quite a few times that there ARE holes under the oem spoiler. Looks like Ramberg confirmed it in the earlier post. Anyone else back him up FO SHO???

There are a few who have done the duel spoiler. I think it looks pretty good, but looks REALLY good with no oem and a wing. My 2 cents....

And I sure would love to take off my oem and add a wing!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:54 PM
SuPeRmOd

here u go guys don't say I never did anything for ya:

I believe if you buy an aftermarket one, even from Nissan, it is only 3M though. but it appears our stock ones are nicely fastened w/ 3 screws.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
here u go guys don't say I never did anything for ya:

I believe if you buy an aftermarket one, even from Nissan, it is only 3M though. but it appears our stock ones are nicely fastened w/ 3 screws.
And I guess that settles that...
Old 04-01-2005, 12:55 AM
GrandPa

My friend chernmax has both. Later Warren

Old 04-01-2005, 01:43 AM

How bout this spoiler:
Old 04-01-2005, 04:48 AM
GrandPa

Here are a couple of pictures of the carbon fiber pillar inlays. Warren

Old 04-01-2005, 07:01 AM

My friend chernmax has both. Later Warren

This doesnt look bad at all!! If I find that my lip is drilled on, then I might as well leave it. Do you know how hard it was from your friend to install the wing?? And where did he get that one from, it looks like the one on the ebay link I posted at the top of this page. Can anyone confirm?

-MO-
Old 04-01-2005, 07:36 AM

Here are a couple of pictures of the carbon fiber pillar inlays. Warren
Errmm... I don't mean to rag -- too much -- but I hope you're getting paid some serious cash for having all those stickers on your windows...

Even if the parts were free, I wouldn't put that much **** on my car unless it was a show car, but to each his own.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:33 PM

OK How about this spoiler:

OPINIONS??
Old 04-01-2005, 07:34 PM

This is from a Subaru WRX. Its more aggressive than the stock ones u see above, but looks similar
Old 04-01-2005, 07:42 PM
VIP Maxima

i dunno about measurements but have u guys given the 4th gen spoiler a thought?

Old 04-01-2005, 07:47 PM

Yeah, BORING. Sorry
Old 04-01-2005, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
OK, Im not gonna put the Universal Aerogear spoiler on. Also, I measured an Altima trunk and it is THREE INCHES WIDER than the Maxima trunk!!!! SO its no go, which is too bad cuz I liked the Altima Aerogear spoiler. I really dont like the stock boring lip spoiler and the G35 spoiler is only slightly less boring. I also dont want ricey-looking things sticking on the back. The search goes on.
The Altimas trunk is 3 inches wider?!?! Really?? I never measured, but I just thought they were smaller. huh...

Quick Reply: Spoiler Frenzy!