6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Rear Window Spoiler - Where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Z

Rear Window Spoiler - Where to buy?

I know one of you folks has a window spoiler on their 6th gen. I need to know where you can buy one. Have a friend who just bought an 05 and is looking for one.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:47 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

ebay, sarona makes it...

EDIT: never mind I looked and didn't find any....... it was too expensive anyway.. priced at $200 for that thing...
Old 04-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I think it's more like $245
Old 04-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Z

I'm positive I've seen bigger ones.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:49 AM

There is one. I think it's ugly. They have it on http://www.customenterprise.com

Personally, I wanted one also, but that one that is out is so flimsy. I want a real one that is a bit more meatier
Old 05-05-2005, 07:45 AM

the one queenzkid links to is also the sarona one, just on a different site, for a different price - $299
Old 05-05-2005, 03:32 PM

I would like one of these....but CRAZY price for a piece of tinted plastic. I had a GTS solar wing II on my Camaro Z28....cost me 60 bucks or so, and had more material to it. They are just tinted plastic with 3M tape. What makes these things so expensive....
Old 05-05-2005, 03:44 PM
KC's FINEST

Maybe its because their not squared and dont stick to the paint anymore. The nerer ones seem to be more form fitting... I dunno, Id love to have one as well. Not for that price though. I havent seen any around here...
Old 05-05-2005, 03:47 PM

heres the spoiler for a cheaper price:

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/index2.html

Custom Roof Wing by Erebuni Aerodynamics
Fiberglass construction. Does not come with brake light.
$ 255.00

This is where i got the rear lip spoiler from.. still waiting for it to arrive though....
Old 05-06-2005, 10:50 AM

Try Rayco on queens BLVD they will paint and install it direct from sarona
Old 05-06-2005, 12:25 PM

how much?

do you know how much rayco wants for the wing to paint and install?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:44 PM

bigcozz, u think they have 5th gen ones too?
Old 05-07-2005, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by HzMajesty
heres the spoiler for a cheaper price:

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/index2.html

Custom Roof Wing by Erebuni Aerodynamics
Fiberglass construction. Does not come with brake light.
$ 255.00

This is where i got the rear lip spoiler from.. still waiting for it to arrive though....
This piece of plastic...even painted is not worth 1/3 the price of that....

Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-09-2005, 07:30 AM

Sorry guys i was away i think they said 350 painted and installed but i didnt spend too much time trying to get them down in price. I agree with CARCUS its definately not worth it but it looks so nice i really want to get it. Also they may do a group deal if they see more than one of us show up.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

big cozz, I'm sure you can get over a dozen peeps. I'm down for one.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:50 AM
MaxiMiller305

i want one count me in the group buy, but not for over 200 thats for sure, maybe 150 ill pay, doesnt that sound fair for a nice looking cheaply made mod.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:52 AM

yeah $150 would be great... but dont look for it that cheap. I have a feeling it will still be around $225.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:13 AM

I think y'all should wait until a real window spoiler comes out. That looks too thin. And really cheap. I agree with carcus, it's not worth that much. I'm waiting until they make a real one. Something similar to the trunk spoiler. Obviously, not that big, but one that has more meat to it. I've seen them on the Mustang 5.0. Anyone feel me on this???
Old 05-09-2005, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by queenzkid
I think y'all should wait until a real window spoiler comes out. That looks too thin. And really cheap. I agree with carcus, it's not worth that much. I'm waiting until they make a real one. Something similar to the trunk spoiler. Obviously, not that big, but one that has more meat to it. I've seen them on the Mustang 5.0. Anyone feel me on this???
70 bucks and in tinted ABS plastic and I am in. Anything else is just way too much. Again, I like these things, but no way is it worth the price. If they come body color painted for that price.....still too expensive. You can get a painted rear spoiler for the trunk 100 bucks cheaper than a rear window one. Again, just my 2 cents.

Actually, a few nice things from the Aussie Maxima....window spoiler included....

http://www.nissan.com.au/maxima/acce...#midpageAnchor

Wonder what the $$$$ ratio and shipping costs are.

I like the spoiler as well but wonder if it will fit.

And the chrome trim on the rear.

Hey, as usual, you guys know what to expect from my posts. Can we get this stuff and will it fit?
Old 05-09-2005, 05:33 PM

These guys are good ...

Originally Posted by carcus
70 bucks and in tinted ABS plastic and I am in. Anything else is just way too much. Again, I like these things, but no way is it worth the price. If they come body color painted for that price.....still too expensive. You can get a painted rear spoiler for the trunk 100 bucks cheaper than a rear window one. Again, just my 2 cents.

Actually, a few nice things from the Aussie Maxima....window spoiler included....

http://www.nissan.com.au/maxima/acce...#midpageAnchor

Wonder what the $$$$ ratio and shipping costs are.

I like the spoiler as well but wonder if it will fit.

And the chrome trim on the rear.

Hey, as usual, you guys know what to expect from my posts. Can we get this stuff and will it fit?

I get some bits and peices sent to me in Australia from these guys and they are really on the ball with shipping ect.. maybe they might have it. They have a nice sunroof job I am thinking of getting.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima/a34_exterior.html

As for the Aussie rear sunshade/spoiler it costs $119.00 AUD but shipping to the states is like $50.00 AUD as it's a large box.( Genuine Nissan Part) They flap around in very strong winds in the centre however. But most of the time they are fine.

I can measure mine up for you all if you really want to get one.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by blackpaladin67
I get some bits and peices sent to me in Australia from these guys and they are really on the ball with shipping ect.. maybe they might have it. They have a nice sunroof job I am thinking of getting.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima/a34_exterior.html

As for the Aussie rear sunshade/spoiler it costs $119.00 AUD but shipping to the states is like $50.00 AUD as it's a large box.( Genuine Nissan Part) They flap around in very strong winds in the centre however. But most of the time they are fine.

I can measure mine up for you all if you really want to get one.
Well, at the conversion rates....looks like 91 USD. Now, if it fits, and we can get a shipping thing going on....nice mod. You have a email of phone # for us American guys that want some of the nice stuff. Thanks blackpaladin67 for your help. If this fits the US Maxima....looks better than the aftermarket ones going over 200 bucks....I could deal with the rate of 38 bucks shipping. Any advice would be appreciated. If you could take out a tape measure and check it out for us. I imagine the rear glass is the same.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:03 PM

^^^ Yeah, I'd be interested in one of these Aussie window spoilers! Could you measure it? Thanks!
Old 05-09-2005, 06:56 PM

Mesurements

Originally Posted by rabenoja
^^^ Yeah, I'd be interested in one of these Aussie window spoilers! Could you measure it? Thanks!

Hi All,

Ok it is 9.1 inches tall & 23.25 long.

The problem is that the glass and the roof are curved at the top and I do not know how to advise you the degree of this curve, it is not very severe but it most definately not a straight line either. ( The Spoiler/ Sunvisor is curved to suite same)

They only come in one colour which is dark tinted Black, it would not be a problem to paint them however.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:36 AM

Is that the 6th Gen maxima?? That Ausie max looks slightly different. Actually, very different. Looks more rounded. Are we positive it will fit?????

You don't want 20% restocking fee. Or having to bend that thing into shape that it's not in, etc.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:47 AM

Is that the 6th Gen maxima?? That Ausie max looks slightly different. Actually, very different. Looks more rounded. Are we positive it will fit?????

You don't want 20% restocking fee. Or having to bend that thing into shape that it's not in, etc.

Hi All,

I am just helping out, I would not have a clue wether it will fit US 6th Gen's.. looks nice on my Aussie 6th gen , and you are right we aussie like our Maxi's like we like our ladies with nice round A$$
Old 05-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

blackpaladin67, Can you please show us a wider view of your whole car to squash the 6th Gen question, just a back and side view would be great. I think the Aussie spoiler looks hot, I would definitely buy it over that flimsy little $hit made here. Thanks Mate...
Old 05-10-2005, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
blackpaladin67, Can you please show us a wider view of your whole car to squash the 6th Gen question, just a back and side view would be great. I think the Aussie spoiler looks hot, I would definitely buy it over that flimsy little $hit made here. Thanks Mate...

He has one hell of a nice car.

I do think that rear spoiler will fit our car though. Window should be the same and for the price.....

Hook us up with a email or place to order it from. Awsome, and already tinted black.....

You should see his interior....nice.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:43 PM

He has one hell of a nice car.

I do think that rear spoiler will fit our car though. Window should be the same and for the price.....

You should see his interior....nice.

Hook us up with a email or place to order it from. Awsome, and already tinted black.....

Smeg, I forgot what my car looked like clean... best give it a wash today.

How did the mesurements go ? is it the right size ?

I rang around a few dealers yesterday and they were all to lazy to bother about shipping overseas. However, if someone is really dead set on getting one, I will buy it for them and ship one over for someone who wants to take a punt on it fitting. But don"t go baming me if it don't.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:54 PM

blackpaladin67 are you sure it is 9.1 inches tall & 23.25 long.? That seems short

I just checked the Max, and at the top part of the glass, straight across is 44.5" long.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by PaL379
blackpaladin67 are you sure it is 9.1 inches tall & 23.25 long.? That seems short

I just checked the Max, and at the top part of the glass, straight across is 44.5" long.

Smeg you are right little wee problem in my conversion calculator from cm to inches ... it is exactly +/- .5 44.5" accross the top still 9.1" tall ...
Old 05-10-2005, 06:31 PM

Well for $91 USD, I'd give it a try! I'll see if my guy at the dealer can get his hands on one of these things. I hope it fits!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:01 PM

I'd be down to order one of those. And for those prices it would be so much worth it compared to that of the sarona one. Keep us updated if any of you go for it.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:27 PM

the sarona one is made outta fiberglass while those are just plastic and look like a sun shade thingy... remember its a roof spoiler not too prevent the sun from hitting the back of ur head... i love my rear roof spoiler... since im installing the G35 spoiler i dunno wat i should do w/ the Sarona one... it is possible to install both but i think thats way too much... it not the same as the OEM lip... at least that looks decent...
Old 05-11-2005, 07:17 AM

Does that mean it's exactly same size???

Are we getting a bit over our heads?? This is a sunvisor, not a spoiler. This is similar to those ventvisors that go above the door windows. Don't get me wrong, it certainly looks a lot better than that ugly thing Sarona calls a spoiler. Whoever gets it, post some pics.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:37 PM

Hopefully we get some updates from our member down under and a place to order them from. If so....I will buy this and be the first US experiment. Hook us up blackpaladin with some more info or an email to the dealer you got it from so we can try it out.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:20 PM

Happy to help

Hopefully we get some updates from our member down under and a place to order them from. If so....I will buy this and be the first US experiment. Hook us up blackpaladin with some more info or an email to the dealer you got it from so we can try it out.

High all,

talked to a couple of nissan dealers down here and it's, all to hard with export documentation and overseas payments.

I am happy to help out and go down and buy one and ship it out to whoever, they can send me the payment on paypal or similar.

If it fits and everbody wants one then I could list it on ebay and we can go from there..

However , please, I think just one person should get one and check it fits ok and then go from there ..

So who ever wants to be the first should email me and i will see if we can help out ok.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:09 PM

i agree. carcus wants to be the guinea pig. maybe a pm would be suitable. Not that I got anything against blackpaladin, but I suggest somekind of recourse payment just in case you get a box of bricks in the mail. Sorry, we have to be a little careful. I mean... I'm from Queenz. what can I say?
Old 05-12-2005, 04:30 PM

i agree. carcus wants to be the guinea pig. maybe a pm would be suitable. Not that I got anything against blackpaladin, but I suggest somekind of recourse payment just in case you get a box of bricks in the mail. Sorry, we have to be a little careful. I mean... I'm from Queenz. what can I say?

I am happy to put one up on ebay on buy it now or something like that ,but I am not making any money on it , this is just a favour to the .org members...

Now if you were buying diamonds off me that would be different I would be stinging you A$$ something evil... I actully send lots of stuff to the states , a mate of mine is a big buyers in Schanectacy NY...

I can understand you being wary as I get stung about 1 in 20 times on ebay and other transactions...
Old 05-12-2005, 05:30 PM

No word from the dealer yet...but, if I get no word by the end of tomorrow maybe I'll go through Blackpaladin.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

This is a great mod, anyone get any feedback on where to purchase yet. Hot mod...

Quick Reply: Rear Window Spoiler - Where to buy?