6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

The 6th Gens just keep multiplying

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 08:22 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

The 6th Gens just keep multiplying

It's crazy not only am I seeing more and more around town but now there are three (including mine) in my complex. We have two black SEs and one Red Op SL. Talk about representing I just had to share this with all of you.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:26 PM

I'm in Richmond today for work, I always forget to check to see if anybody on this forum is from a town where I'll be before I leave for the next trip. Would have been cool to meet up. Spent almost the entire day in the hotel.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Tell the dude with the Red Op, good choice in color...
Old 05-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah, I've been noticing this too. Yesterday, for instance, I was heading to lunch and as I rounded a turn, a parking lot to my right had (I think) 2 6 gens and at that very same moment another 6th gen was coming towards me in the opposite direction (this of course while I was riding in my 6th gen). Interestly, there was an Altima leaving an adjacent parking lot.. it was like Nissan central.

And today I saw more than I could keep track of in my tiny town (it used to be that the relatively few owners would acknowledge each other, especially since we all work for the same (large) employeer - but now its just so common ).

It's amazing that Nissan's growth recently has been so high (especially when other manufacturers haven't been so fortunate). Honestly though, I kind of miss the exclusiveness of owning the 6th gen... I used to get lots of comments and looks, and now it's just like "Oh, it's another Maxima". Oh well, atleast mine is red (I don't see many of those).
Old 05-19-2005, 07:48 AM

Red Op is a sweet color, but I am biased. I also notice a few more around where I live, and hopefully mine looks just as sweet as theirs look when I see them riding by. These cars just look so classy.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:11 AM

Guy's you need to keep better tabs on your rides at night, they are obviously doing the nasty, hence mother nature is taking over... Be responsible Max owner...
Old 05-19-2005, 08:11 AM

I like it when some Altima owners give that "I wish I had bought the Max instead" look. Still don't see too many Maxima's in my area.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Agreed, I'm not sure if its more of an east coast thing, but you'd be surprised...with a city the size of Los Angeles, you would think there would be a bunch of Maximas.......but no. I would say there are 10 Altimas for every one Max (6th gen) I see, and I drive across town on the freeways everyday.

And I too love it when I pass all those Altimas and see the look on their faces.

Just curious, just how many southern Cali Maximas are on here?

-MO-
Old 05-19-2005, 08:51 AM

Same deal here, when i first bought my 04 i barely saw any on the road around my area with a Max. And now on base there are a good number. And every morning on the commute to work a couple zoom past me here and there.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:07 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

me too.. I see a few now around my way........ not too many young dudes though, some have rims that I can tell right off the bat..
Old 05-19-2005, 03:13 PM

Seems like alot of people waited for the '05's to roll out in my area. I see at least 2 a day on my way to and from work. Today was the first day I saw a Smoke SE w/sunroof, rear spoiler, and frost interior. At first I was like "damn...I'm not the only one" but I then remembered my 20% tint and billet grille....I have yet to see one 6th gen with a billet grille in my area.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:15 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by chernmax
Guy's you need to keep better tabs on your rides at night, they are obviously doing the nasty, hence mother nature is taking over... Be responsible Max owner...
So that's where the third Maxima in my complex came from. That's it, I'm putting a boot on my car at night.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well in the Atlanta area I see very few 6th gen Maxima, lots of 5th gen in the area. One of the reason I like the 6th gen not too many around. Later

Chris
Old 05-19-2005, 05:28 PM

That's the truth. Atlanta has more TL's than Maximas... everybody is buying Altimas b
Old 05-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Banned

I think people are waiting for the depreciation to hit before getting the car, lots of affordable ones around with low miles now compared to a year or 2 ago. I see about 3 a day now....when I got it Id see 3 a week or less.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:53 PM

I found myself telling a 40yr. old lady that she should get a new grille and tint her windows (all this in a Walgreens parking lot). I was just kidding around, but she took it seriously. She asked me for a local tint shop and a website for Max Mods. I couldn't believe it. Apparently she lives around the corner from my townhouse. She said she always saw my car and always wanted to see what I do next to it. Off course I told her to check out Maxima.org to for tips and advice (I even offered to help install anything I am capable of doing). I left there saying to myself, "Did that really just happen?"
Old 05-19-2005, 06:56 PM

Oh yea! I forgot to mention she was very attractive (and I don't want to say "for a 40 year"...Damn, I can't ever hold my typing).
Old 05-19-2005, 06:57 PM
2004 Smoke

I am (just recently) starting to see more and more in my home city (Ottawa, Ontario). Lots of nice Onyx.

Today, I drove from Ottawa to Toronto to Detroit and down to Dayton, a total of 1200 kms (about 750 miles), over 12 hours straight. I thought for fun, just to help kill the long drive, I would count the number of 6th gens I saw. This included ones I passed and ones that I passed by. Can you believe I saw only one (1)??? And this was near the end of my trip. (and I even looked for the taletale headlights coming at me - BMWs, Mercedes, Audis and a couple of TLs - but no Maxis...). Funny, I thought for sure I would have seen more. I must have passed 50,000 cars....

On another note - finally got to check out my best highway mileage (at least what the computer computed) - best was 7.7 l/100 km (about 31 MPG) at an average of 110 km/hr. I normally get 10.5 in the city. Very happy about this. This car gets GREAT mileage for a high HP vehicle.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:58 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by pkane3
I found myself telling a 40yr. old lady that ..... "Did that really just happen?"
that's why we have these: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....34#post3253634
maybe your Max's will see more of each other...
that's awesome man.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:30 PM

Hell Yea, NismoMax! I'll be printing some of those out tomorrow to keep in my car.

I appreciate the thread.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:50 PM

Those two Atlanta posters who aren't seeing 6th gens need to ride to the south side. Like to Union City or Fairburn or Fayetteville or Peachtree City.

While sitting in a window booth in Oz Pizza in Fairburn for less than an hour tonight, my wife and I saw two 6th gens come by. And that was in light traffic. Of course ours was also parked right outside our window. 6th gen central!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:07 PM

pkane: Send her my way, bro!!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:10 PM

deus, that will be some mileage on the car.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:02 PM

This is wierd that this thread is up because I started thinking the same thing about three days ago. I am noticing more and more in my area daily. However their owners are not young folks mostly 40's and up nothing wrong with that at all but just interesting. I think Nissan's rebates have some to do with the growth spurts. Had a lot to do with my purchase. I thought I was on my way to an Altima until I saw that there was very little price difference.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:23 PM

I purchased my Maxima strictly for the performance and the fact it could hold my walker in the trunk. Forty (40) please...

Anyway, you guy's (girls) are obviously doing good, however most people in their 20's maybe unable to afford a base or loaded Maxima, never mind afford to mod it like some of us. That's why Altima's out sell them just like most cars with different classes, OLDER professionals probably can afford them and seek the performance matched by the comfort...

But hey, send that chick this way, I like younger woman...
Old 05-20-2005, 01:25 PM

a lot more maxis in my area too only prob they are driven by the older crowd~ none of them are modded at all i mean not even tints~~
Old 05-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Banned

I have yet to see a 20 something or teenage in a 6th gen
Old 05-20-2005, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Tell the dude with the Red Op, good choice in color...

cuz everyone knows its the best color

i see so many 6th gens everyday its not even funny. today coming back from dartmoth on rt 140 i passed 4, 2 silver, 1 onyx, and 1 maj. blue. all within 2 miles of each other. plus the smoke and sprinted bronze ones i saw in the parking lot at the mall. i see silver all day though, seems to be the color of choice in SE mass.

on a side note, theres a chick who lives around me who drives a onyx SE, she copies every mod i do to mine. i got a billet grille, 2 weeks later she got one, i debadged my 3.5 SE and MAXIMA emblems, and a week after talking to her about it, she did hers. it feels good to inspire other maxima owners
Old 05-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Old Maxima Legend

yeah the 6th gens are really out there now a days ! my mom represents here silver sl
Old 05-20-2005, 11:32 PM

Well, perhaps it's my age (50), but there are no mods on mine...I like it just the way it is. To each their own, I guess.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:51 AM

i don't think anyone from IL replied but there's a ton of 6th gens in my area. i literally see a minimum of five a day; i see more 6th gens than i do camrys or accords.
however, all of them have been stock.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:53 AM

Liquid Silver with triple coated bling bling is the only way to go. Still don't see too many Max's in the Nati, but numbers have grown since last year. Mine's the only one I see around town with different rims and tires though.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:40 AM

Cmon guys, have some respect for the older crowd who just happen to love the design, style and power of the Max. Just like you young bucks do. I'm 57 and my wife's 55 and we each own a 6th gen Max. Just bought them about 3 weeks ago. Went to replace her 2000 Accord with another one, stopped to see a buddy of mine who works at a Nissan dealer to test an Altima and she fell in love with the Max. What can I say, she drove a Coral Sand SE with all the toys and when she got out of the car her smile was all I needed to know that she just had to have the Max. What happened to me was that I drove her Max for the rest of the weekend and by tuesday of the next week I just had to have one for me. Called my buddy to look for a fully loaded Red Opulance SE, but the only one he had like I wanted was Liquid Silver. Went by at lunch, drove the Liquid Silver and by dinner time it was in my garage. These are great cars, overlooked by too many people who settle for an Accord or Camry, which to me are too bland and ugly. As for mods and tint, both will eventually be tinted as South Texas is brutal. Other mods, hmm, not hers, but mine will probably get a new grille for my birthday in July. Anybody know a shop in the San Antonio area that can install the new grill? I'm a mechanically challanged computer professional with no automotive skills.

So, just don't judge us old folks by our cover, some of us wouldn't be caught dead in a Buick even when we turn 80. We can be young in heart and soul just like you. So, the next time you see us "elderly" people driving our 6th gens, tip your hat and we will respond. Who knows, I just might put two fingers over my arm out the window and the race will be on. See, we're not dead yet!!! Long live us "oldsters" and our smiles from our 6th gens.

tootee,

Used to live in Northridge 26 years ago. On Enfield in an area called Sherwood Forest, between Parthenia and Nordoff just east of Balboa, just south of Cal State Northridge. Wonder what that area is like now as I haven't been back for years. Still miss that house as it was a custom ranch built in the 50's.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by jinsatx
Cmon guys, have some respect for the older crowd who just happen to love the design, style and power of the Max. Just like you young bucks do. I'm 57 and my wife's 55 and we each own a 6th gen Max. Just bought them about 3 weeks ago. Went to replace her 2000 Accord with another one, stopped to see a buddy of mine who works at a Nissan dealer to test an Altima and she fell in love with the Max. What can I say, she drove a Coral Sand SE with all the toys and when she got out of the car her smile was all I needed to know that she just had to have the Max. What happened to me was that I drove her Max for the rest of the weekend and by tuesday of the next week I just had to have one for me. Called my buddy to look for a fully loaded Red Opulance SE, but the only one he had like I wanted was Liquid Silver. Went by at lunch, drove the Liquid Silver and by dinner time it was in my garage. These are great cars, overlooked by too many people who settle for an Accord or Camry, which to me are too bland and ugly. As for mods and tint, both will eventually be tinted as South Texas is brutal. Other mods, hmm, not hers, but mine will probably get a new grille for my birthday in July. Anybody know a shop in the San Antonio area that can install the new grill? I'm a mechanically challanged computer professional with no automotive skills.

So, just don't judge us old folks by our cover, some of us wouldn't be caught dead in a Buick even when we turn 80. We can be young in heart and soul just like you. So, the next time you see us "elderly" people driving our 6th gens, tip your hat and we will respond. Who knows, I just might put two fingers over my arm out the window and the race will be on. See, we're not dead yet!!! Long live us "oldsters" and our smiles from our 6th gens.

tootee,

Used to live in Northridge 26 years ago. On Enfield in an area called Sherwood Forest, between Parthenia and Nordoff just east of Balboa, just south of Cal State Northridge. Wonder what that area is like now as I haven't been back for years. Still miss that house as it was a custom ranch built in the 50's.
As a semi older driver myself, I'll tip my hat to you and your bride RIGHT NOW! Remember the two fingers are for fellow Max drivers, One is for Honda cars in your rear view mirror... (^_^)

Drive safe fellow Max fan.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:42 AM

Well, I and my bride thank you chernmax. We both love the Max. Both of us have owned many other fine cars in the past and feel this is the best bang for the buck we've ever gotten. Mine has been perfect from the get go and her's had a slight shimmy and pulsing brake problem that the dealership corrected on the first visit.

Now, just what one finger do I use for Honda drivers???

P.S. - grew up in the DC/Maryland area, U of M grad '71. GO TERPS!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2005, 12:32 PM

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I was making the final payment on my long term care and picking out my assisted living center. Seriously though, what is it with everyone thinking 40 is so old lately? It seems like I keep hearing it for some reason. Haven't you heard 40 is the new 30? 40 is fabulous in my book! I'm just starting to live.

Anyway, back to the topic. Max's around here are still pretty rare. I see a few more then I did a year ago but I can still go out and never see one sometimes. We took a trip to Miami recently and I was looking for Max's on the way down. I can count on one hand how many I saw. I think it has a lot to do with the area you live in too. Pick-up trucks are mostly the vehicle of choice in my area.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Going Ginsu

Originally Posted by boone
It's crazy not only am I seeing more and more around town but now there are three (including mine) in my complex. We have two black SEs and one Red Op SL. Talk about representing I just had to share this with all of you.
Tell me about it.

One week after I smoked my neighbors new Accord (from a stop, going uphill, and giving him an intersection worth of lead) he goes out and gets one.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:44 AM

I live in the Memphis area (NW MS) and there are a lot here but only after I bought mine! I've only seen one with a modified grille and it was just like mine (stillen) but I've not seen any with tinted windows. That was the first mod I had done. I've not seen any drivers in their late teens/early twenties, most are old like me (40'ish). By the way, I made my 8 year old car sick yesterday driving around our back country roads. Felt bad but it was so much fun, I thought she was enjoying it as much as I was! The only car that I've owned that was funner to drive was my '84 300ZX 2+2 w/manual tranny. I lived in Ft.lauderdale at the time, was a newly divorced mother of 2. When the kids weren't in the car, I'd race anyone that challenged. Those were the days!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Red Op here, in KC. I have seen a couple others, but none as pretty as mine (biased). I see several other colors though. Mostly black and white. I have seen a couple of pretty deep blue ones. I'm the only Max in my whole apt. complex though. Plenty of Altima's though.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:46 AM
wsu

The few, the proud, the Maxima drivers

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
I have yet to see a 20 something or teenage in a 6th gen
Same here. I live in rural southern Illinois and so many people around here drive Buicks, Chevy's and Fords. I was at a parade at a small town over the weekend and only saw one other foreign car, an Accord. Not only are American made cars the vast majority around here (it seems like there is a Ford and GM dealership in nearly every little town over 2,000 people), but Maximas are even in the minority among the few imports (quite a few Toyotas). I think I have seen one or two other Maximas around town, but that's about it. Given the price of the car, I am surprised at how many younger (20's) Maxima drivers there seem to be posting on the site. Around where I live, the Maxima drivers that I have noticed are likely at least in their 40's (like me).

Quick Reply: The 6th Gens just keep multiplying