6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

PA System speaker mounting location.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 02:13 PM

PA System speaker mounting location.

PA horn mounting location for 6th gen? Where is a good spot to mount the horn for my pa system that I'm installing? I took a look and the engine compartment is PACKED with stuff. I can't figure out where to mount it. Please provide a pic with a crudely drawn arrow if you could.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:22 PM
SuPeRmOd

are you the police?
um, since you are more than likely the first to attempt this, how about you look and let us know?
just get an intake or simply remove the stock snorkel.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:17 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
are you the police?
um, since you are more than likely the first to attempt this, how about you look and let us know?
just get an intake or simply remove the stock snorkel.
HAHAHAH......... there is some room by the grille if the speaker isn't too big.... you are the first on this one bro, so let us know..
Old 07-20-2005, 03:49 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by headbrainface
PA horn mounting location for 6th gen? Where is a good spot to mount the horn for my pa system that I'm installing? I took a look and the engine compartment is PACKED with stuff. I can't figure out where to mount it. Please provide a pic with a crudely drawn arrow if you could.
Are you going to be yelling at the crazy drivers in Fl.?
Old 07-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by ramberg
Are you going to be yelling at the crazy drivers in Fl.?
Good idearrrrr!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 05:18 PM
GrandPa

Try behind the grill. I installed airhorns there.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:33 PM

airhorns in a max !! hell yeah ...added to my mods list... that is off that hook ...ghetto as heel too but hey !! that stuff will move people outta way for sure !! lol props on that one man !!
Old 07-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by luigi'smax
airhorns in a max !! hell yeah ...added to my mods list... that is off that hook ...ghetto as heel too but hey !! that stuff will move people outta way for sure !! lol props on that one man !!
Looks like Ramberg got some Hella air horns, not some ghetto wallymart or kmart ones. The Hella horns sound like an Italian sports car, not like a truck. I had some in the same spot in my old car.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 AM
GrandPa

Thanks you should check out my site www.cardomain.com/id/ramberg

Old 07-21-2005, 08:08 AM

been there...lovely man...someday ill be rich and then, just then...maybe...

hey i didnt mean your airhorns were ghetto, just the idea of haing airhorns in a car was guetto, i thought hey would sound like a big truck but for what i read they are not...never heard them before i wonder...i love the idea though !! cool...very kewl...

luigi

Originally Posted by ramberg
Thanks you should check out my site www.cardomain.com/id/ramberg

Old 07-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

PA system.. huh?! So you'll be the one driving around shouting "Re-elect Mayor Goldie Wilson!"

Actually, I recommend renting a copy of "Blues Brothers" (the original one) and take a look at their setup for their PA system... Very classy!
Old 07-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Probably a Hurricane Warning System...
Old 07-21-2005, 01:04 PM

Sorry for the late replies. I'm not the police or anything like that. I'm just sick of people trying to change lanes into me and stuff like that. Ya know when theres two lanes and the person on the left goes equal speed to the person on the right so you can't pass? I hate that. Now I can tell them to move their @ss out of the way. Plus I can order stuff at drive throughs and hit on girls without actually getting out of my vehicle.

To the person that mounted the airhorns (ramberg) Do you have a link to more pictures of that area under the hood? I would like to see closer pictures of how you mounted that stuff and just better resolution pics in general. Thank you.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:10 PM
SuPeRmOd

um, don't you think that would require a permit or something?
"Hey ******* watch where you're merging!!"

Booop "Please pull the Maxima over!"

"Okay officer."
Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Newbie just Registered

Sorry for the late replies. I'm not the police or anything like that. I'm just sick of people trying to change lanes into me and stuff like that. Ya know when theres two lanes and the person on the left goes equal speed to the person on the right so you can't pass? I hate that. Now I can tell them to move their @ss out of the way. Plus I can order stuff at drive throughs and hit on girls without actually getting out of my vehicle.

To the person that mounted the airhorns (ramberg) Do you have a link to more pictures of that area under the hood? I would like to see closer pictures of how you mounted that stuff and just better resolution pics in general. Thank you.
Seriously, check your local laws, that won't fly around here for the reason you want it. Talking about roadrage, you're armed with speakers, they're armed w/ something else.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:22 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=headbrainface]

Thats a crazy reason for installing that type of system. PPL all over drive like like as*holes and you just have to learn to deal with it. Warren
Old 07-21-2005, 02:13 PM

thanks for the support *sarcasm* You guys obviously can't take a joke. Whatever reason I want it for doesn't concern you people. I only asked information on how to mount it. I'm not using it for those reasons I stated earlier.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:24 PM
GrandPa

If you good advice, don't run BS on the tread.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:42 PM

had to do it !!....

ok, i just couldnt stop thinking about how cool that would be so i will have to do it !! first i want airhorn in my max so...ramberg could you please tell me what kind of air horns are this since i dont think it would be cool to have airhorn that sound like a truck in my max, also what kind of air compressor and where it goes mounted...you know if you could please give me (us) all the details would be nice !!

also, headbrainface, could you please tell me what kind of system are you having in mind?? i really want to do this !! i would really help me with the stuff i do when i do the comunity service around here...but hey could you please let me know the whole system setup and if possible where are you looking to buy it or boutgh it from ??

thank you both !!

luigi
Old 07-21-2005, 05:54 PM

Just in case..

Florida Statutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

316.3048 Operation of radios or other mechanical soundmaking devices or instruments in vehicles; exemptions.--

It is unlawful for any person operating or occupying a motor vehicle on a street or highway to operate or amplify the sound produced by a radio, tape player, or other mechanical soundmaking device or instrument from within the motor vehicle so that the sound is:
Plainly audible at a distance of 100 feet or more from the motor vehicle; or
Louder than necessary for the convenient hearing by persons inside the vehicle in areas adjoining churches, schools, or hospitals.
The provisions of this section shall not apply to any law enforcement motor vehicle equipped with any communication device necessary in the performance of law enforcement duties or to any emergency vehicle equipped with any communication device necessary in the performance of any emergency procedures.
The provisions of this section do not apply to motor vehicles for business or political purposes, which in the normal course of conducting such business use soundmaking devices. The provisions of this subsection shall not be deemed to prevent local authorities, with respect to streets and highways under their jurisdiction and within the reasonable exercise of the police power, from regulating the time and manner in which such business may be operated.
The provisions of this section do not apply to the noise made by a horn or other warning device required or permitted by s. 316.271. The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shall promulgate rules defining 'plainly audible' and establish standards regarding how sound should be measured by law enforcement personnel who enforce the provisions of this section.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-21-2005, 06:01 PM

this is a very wide open and very vague statute...

you know you could, under this section be given a ticket for a very loud muffler?? even a ery loud horn. just as you can get a ticket for having loud music ...

this is very good information but shouldnt be a reason for not installing the air horns or the pa system just as it doesnt stop us from having a 1000watts system in our cars that is so loud we cannt play it while we are in our own vehicles... i am sure none of you blast the sound system to its fullest when a cop is in the corner while you are stopped at a red light...so just dont use the pa system to say hi to the police either...

luigi
Old 07-21-2005, 06:18 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=luigi'smax]

Go to Pep boys and check out what they have. I brought and installed my at 212motoring in Brooklyn, NY
Old 07-21-2005, 06:26 PM
SuPeRmOd

you know you could, under this section be given a ticket for a very loud muffler?? even a ery loud horn. just as you can get a ticket for having loud music ...

this is very good information but shouldnt be a reason for not installing the air horns or the pa system just as it doesnt stop us from having a 1000watts system in our cars that is so loud we cannt play it while we are in our own vehicles... i am sure none of you blast the sound system to its fullest when a cop is in the corner while you are stopped at a red light...so just dont use the pa system to say hi to the police either...

luigi
those are the very reasons for the statute. you know loud exhaust and music are illegal just about everywhere. you also know undercovers are around and people can report you and they look out for you right?
i can name atkeast 5 members that i know would probably say "Hi Pig!" (no offence popo members) so your warning is quite necessary
Old 07-21-2005, 06:28 PM

true !! ^^ but hey all we can do is put out the info and be informed...

pep boys it is !! thanks man...any specific brand i should look for ??

luigi
Old 07-21-2005, 06:33 PM

luigi
OK, it may sound vague to you however it is really pretty cut and dry. Loud Music and Mufflers can absolutely get you a ticket for disturbing the peace or noise polution.

Also, installing a PA system in an automobile is not illegal, the statute I stated is a Florida state statute which can further be defined or made stricter by a county or local government. Since I work with the Amerian Red Cross for Disaster services they place strict rules on official use of PA systems and my law enforcement buddies with the state police and local law enforement fall under the same code for operation of a PA system during offical calls like I do.

headbrainface is a big boy and it's his call (I recommend installing it in the same location as rambergs airhorns and I recommend black in color as not to be seen through the grill). However this is a general safety note for all of you who may want to do this, first time your PA system distracts a driver and causes an accident (PA systems barking out orders to move over will be cited for reckless endangerment, or worse, impersonating an official fire, rescue, emergency or police vehicle), not only will you be cited, you can be jailed. So mod on, just do it responsibly...
Old 07-21-2005, 06:37 PM

^^ true... actually very very true !!

now...how many watts would an effective pa system should be ?? i see 20 wtts but i dont think that would be enough..would it ??

luigi
Old 07-21-2005, 06:42 PM

would this be good ??

http://www.seeoursound.com/rei/760211.htm
Old 07-21-2005, 06:49 PM

I would go to the shop and see the systems to get an idea of size, fit and power, then base my decission on where your going to install it and if it will fit...
Old 07-21-2005, 07:00 PM

ummmm imo , i think i would look for a good one and then see where i would put it, imo there is no sense on getting something of low power/quality just because i can fit it here... ummm but its a good idea specially since if i go to the store i can pick it up tight there and then and dont have to way for it to come in the mail !! yoo hoo its closer than you think !!

luigi
Old 07-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Newbie just Registered

[QUOTE=ramberg]

Go to Pep boys and check out what they have. I brought and installed my at 212motoring in Brooklyn, NY
Ramberg, I'm sure you have Hella airhorns, unless Pepboys carry Hella!?!
Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by RHMax
Ramberg, I'm sure you have Hella airhorns, unless Pepboys carry Hella!?!
Yes they are Hellas.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:06 PM

Only problem is where should I mount the amplifier. I want to get a pat-20tb. just search google for "pat-20tb amplifier" and they'll come up. any ideas? I want it hidden and I want the mic to be wired to stay inside the little pop open "drawer" just ahead of the shifter **** in the center console (wire comes in through the back of the storage compartment and mic rests in it)

http://www.specotech.com/cart/produc...asp?prodid=788

http://www.specotech.com/cart/produc...AT%2D20B%2Ejpg