6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

aux audio

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 01:41 PM

aux audio

hey guys,

1. i am planning to put a car pc in my car and i have a few questions on audio. also any suggestions on locations for the pc?

2. first i have an 05 sl with navi, and a SAT button

3. i don't know how i can connect the audio to my factory stereo. is there RCA for the SAT input or do i need the "pac converter"?

4. does anyone have a picture for the back of the radio, for our cars?

5. does anyone know if a 1" deep monitor can be fitted into a visor?

thanks
driver
Old 08-10-2005, 01:54 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I don't think there is rca's inputs back there, cause why would people need the pac to install a mp3 player or so.. from what I think, the pac gives our unit some rca inputs to play with so that you are able to install things like mp3 players and such...

someone correct me if I'm wrong here...
Old 08-10-2005, 02:14 PM

I agree. I dont think there are any rcas. I have installed the PAC in my car and it was simple to install. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I forgot to take pic when i did the install.
Rob
Old 08-25-2005, 09:01 PM

Just installed the PAC !

I'd been on the fence. I guess I'm getting old since I used to love taking things apart. But it wasn't that bad. I got everything wrapped up in about one hour. Hooked up my new Zen Touch and it sounds very good. I need to crank up the Zen's volume up to Max to almost match the sound level from the radio and CD. But then it will blast my ears off if I forgot to turn it down when I get back to headphone. Maybe I should get the RCA line driver to help out with the sound level.
Thanks to the sticky, the installation was easy. Just remember to pull the cone straight down (and not twist&pull), it only takes some light force to come off.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:49 AM

Maxfan,

What did you take apart and do? If it was a nav system with sat radio I am interested.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:27 PM

I guess you will need do the same thing I did which is how much the sticky covers. The lcd screen is attatched to the stereo on the same rack, so you need to take all 3 pieces including the piece covering the screen. Just follow the sticky and it's very easy. Remember to pull down lightly (not twisting it) on the cone on the shifter. I recommend the RCA line driver to boost the MP3 output a little bit as it usually is weak. Right now I need to crank my player upto maximum to match the CD without the driver. But I don't want it hurts my kids' ears accidentally when they use it with the headphones. You may need a small flat-head screwdriver to pop many connectors off by pushing the tiny locks on them.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:15 AM

i've got a car pc in my 6th gen max - the PAC adapter hooks into the back car like a cd player's wiring harness would - it gives 2 sets of rca plugs that you can use