6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

So I go in for an oil change and....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So I go in for an oil change and....

This morning I took my car over to the local Nissan dealer for the 3000 mile oil change. I had to wait over an hour but thats to be expected. The car is all done and the service manager comes in and says he need to talk to me. Now I figured that because the car was so new and I had modded it already some how I had done something to void the warrenty....NOPE! He had driven the car into get the oil done and noticed the "Eibach" noise coming from the struts and wanted to replace them!! Normally this isn't a problem but I have brand new konis. Its just those POS!!!! Eibachs that are making the noise. So now what do I do? He thinks the struts need to be replaced and made an appointment for next week. I can't believe the service manager and the techs didn't notice my car lowered 2 inches in the front with new koni shocks and eibach springs! So what should I do...just blow off the appointment? What if I really do need the factory struts replaced later on and they wont do it? This has been a strange day and its not even 10am!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Banned

what kinda noise does it make? is it serious?

I would just call them and tell them you can't make it next week.
you have your stock springs and shocks, right? If you have problems later on, you can just install your stock springs and shocks.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Hamy
This morning I took my car over to the local Nissan dealer for the 3000 mile oil change. I had to wait over an hour but thats to be expected. The car is all done and the service manager comes in and says he need to talk to me. Now I figured that because the car was so new and I had modded it already some how I had done something to void the warrenty....NOPE! He had driven the car into get the oil done and noticed the "Eibach" noise coming from the struts and wanted to replace them!! Normally this isn't a problem but I have brand new konis. Its just those POS!!!! Eibachs that are making the noise. So now what do I do? He thinks the struts need to be replaced and made an appointment for next week. I can't believe the service manager and the techs didn't notice my car lowered 2 inches in the front with new koni shocks and eibach springs! So what should I do...just blow off the appointment? What if I really do need the factory struts replaced later on and they wont do it? This has been a strange day and its not even 10am!
Its not your springs! I have them too and the noise I got was from the factor struts. I changed mine and don't hear anything. I would take the car and see what they say>
Old 08-11-2005, 07:48 AM

^^ I dont have factory struts...it made the noise with them too. I bought aftermarket Koni Yellow fully adjustable shocks. Still have the same noise...and to answer if its serious or not...well it got the attention of the service manager on the 50ft drive from the lot to the service door.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:05 AM

I know your pain - mine makes some creaks from the Eibachs - nothing major though and worth it for the drop IMO. Not sure what you should do in your situation.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:35 AM
You gon' pay what you owe

I honestly think that once they take a good look at the car, they're going to notice the Eibach springs and Koni struts. I don't know about yours but my struts have a Koni sticker on the outside and my springs say Eibach on them. Once they see that, all bets are off. They may even try to charge you for labor.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Why didn't you just tell the service manager that you have eibachs and koni's and it's not a factory strut problem?

Why did you let them make you an appointment for something that you don't need?

Why try and hide something that makes no difference to the dealer at all?

I'm not sure I understand this at all, but maybe it's just me
Old 08-11-2005, 10:32 PM

where can i find these koni struts? thanks.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:41 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

You can find them here.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:42 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by EdRomo86
where can i find these koni struts? thanks.
Originally Posted by boone
You can find them here.
STICKY !
Old 08-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by us024077
Why didn't you just tell the service manager that you have eibachs and koni's and it's not a factory strut problem?

Why did you let them make you an appointment for something that you don't need?

Why try and hide something that makes no difference to the dealer at all?

I'm not sure I understand this at all, but maybe it's just me
Agree, stealership service centers are always backed up as it is, why waste theirs as well as your time for something you already know the answer too. It's not like their going to take you out back and beat your a$$ if you tell them the truth, however, make them go through all that effort and they just may want too, not to mention your future dealings with them will leave a nice red flag....
Old 08-12-2005, 09:52 AM

The reason that I didnt tell them about the suspension is I didn't want them to deny me service in the future. I don't plan on having the car lowered for ever. Whos to say that 6 months down the road my factory struts go bad...if they know I was lowered its very easy to tell me to F off. I understand where you guys are coming from...I'm not out to waste anyones time.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:18 AM

A little off topic but just had to say that's a nice house.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Yeh we discuss bad strut problems, but I have been lowered for over a year, had my 04 since Dec 2003 and my original OEM struts are still rock solid, (knock on wood). The issue is the dealer wanted to replace your struts thinking the factory OEM ones where bad. But that was not the case so you should of just told him. My car is pretty heavy Modded, and still under factory warrenty, if I have a problem I have no problems taking it to the stealership, if they tell me a problem was a result of a mod I added, I tell them to prove it to me... That's why I buy mods that are bolt up and specifically made for the 6th Gen Max. My car is no R&D facility for engine, suspension or electrical parts. Anyway, good luck, hope everything works out for the best...