6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

What's up with the Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:46 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What's up with the Aftermarket?

Hey, guys.... I am a new 6Gen Owner, and man i love our cars. The thing is i am pretty upset that the aftermarket is ignoring this generation. I have been around modding vehicles for a while, and this generation of vehicle has been out for 2 years, and there isnt alot of mods to do. I know it does take a few years to catch on, but it does seem pretty slow going in the aftermarket fields for this Gen. Now what i mean by that, is the lighting and exterior mods. That is one of the first things to come out. Even Ebay is pretty empty for 6 Gen's but the 5th gens there are alot to look at (yes they have been around longer)... I know SEMA is coming up and i have heard alot about there might be some new items there for our 6 Gen Maximas. I mean how can you NOT make items for this car? Most of the body kits are sub par, atleast the ones i have seen. I do alot of photoshop work and i will be showing some works soon.

If there are any links to body kits, aftermarket parts, please post them here so i / we can get a clue what is out there.

I plan on shaving my doors(suicide rears), and shaving the trunk. Body Kit if there is one worthy. Kaminari needs to look into building one. they make some pretty good stuff. Or euribini (<-msp?)... O, well, you get the picture.. something needs to compliment our lines, and give it that low profile look, but agressive concept. The front of the vehicle is the hardest to conceptualize, especially with those big lights. I think the designers made a "HUGE" mistake when it came down to designing them, taking them from the 350Z/G35 cues. The look with the 'eyelids' i have seen on here should have been a close concept they should have considered. I am an artist, and sometime i really dont think the true artists designs get to true production. It gets looked over by a non artistic EXEC, then waived off, and he thinks things need to be "tweak" here and there, and the actual concept (which look better most of the time) gets lost in the whole grand scheme.

As for performance i am not to concerned since there are many things that can be done, this is just about the actual "VISUAL" aspects for our rides my friends. Plus i am used to larger forums, like dodgetalk.com. If you go over there look up hemi2003red, that was the last vehicle i owned. Mass Modded, about 7000+ in mods. Even had it entered at TEXAS HEATWAVE this last July... Awesome. If you have never gone to the Largest Car/Truck/Motorcycle show on the planet, then you are missing out. goto www.texasheatwaveshow.com for pics and events.

I am going to start emailing some popular companies to see wha they have in store for us.. Even i hope that some of my designs hit the market as well.. Wish me luck my friends and get teh word out there about this forum. Lets make this bigger and better forum...

Thanks, and See you on the Highways and Byways.....
Old 09-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Redlinemax Owner

ahhh I'm reserving this space and will let someone else respond to this first
Old 09-30-2005, 10:26 AM
SuPeRmOd

MAXIMA-GHOST meet Sticky.... Sticky, MAXIMA-GHOST.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
Hey, guys.... I am a new 6Gen Owner, and man i love our cars. The thing is i am pretty upset that the aftermarket is ignoring this generation. I have been around modding vehicles for a while, and this generation of vehicle has been out for 2 years, and there isnt alot of mods to do. I know it does take a few years to catch on, but it does seem pretty slow going in the aftermarket fields for this Gen. Now what i mean by that, is the lighting and exterior mods. That is one of the first things to come out. Even Ebay is pretty empty for 6 Gen's but the 5th gens there are alot to look at (yes they have been around longer)... I know SEMA is coming up and i have heard alot about there might be some new items there for our 6 Gen Maximas. I mean how can you NOT make items for this car? Most of the body kits are sub par, atleast the ones i have seen. I do alot of photoshop work and i will be showing some works soon.

If there are any links to body kits, aftermarket parts, please post them here so i / we can get a clue what is out there.

I plan on shaving my doors(suicide rears), and shaving the trunk. Body Kit if there is one worthy. Kaminari needs to look into building one. they make some pretty good stuff. Or euribini (<-msp?)... O, well, you get the picture.. something needs to compliment our lines, and give it that low profile look, but agressive concept. The front of the vehicle is the hardest to conceptualize, especially with those big lights. I think the designers made a "HUGE" mistake when it came down to designing them, taking them from the 350Z/G35 cues. The look with the 'eyelids' i have seen on here should have been a close concept they should have considered. I am an artist, and sometime i really dont think the true artists designs get to true production. It gets looked over by a non artistic EXEC, then waived off, and he thinks things need to be "tweak" here and there, and the actual concept (which look better most of the time) gets lost in the whole grand scheme.

As for performance i am not to concerned since there are many things that can be done, this is just about the actual "VISUAL" aspects for our rides my friends. Plus i am used to larger forums, like dodgetalk.com. If you go over there look up hemi2003red, that was the last vehicle i owned. Mass Modded, about 7000+ in mods. Even had it entered at TEXAS HEATWAVE this last July... Awesome. If you have never gone to the Largest Car/Truck/Motorcycle show on the planet, then you are missing out. goto www.texasheatwaveshow.com for pics and events.

I am going to start emailing some popular companies to see wha they have in store for us.. Even i hope that some of my designs hit the market as well.. Wish me luck my friends and get teh word out there about this forum. Lets make this bigger and better forum...

Thanks, and See you on the Highways and Byways.....
Welcome to our world...

As for body kit's your in luck, check out RedLineMax.com newly released kit, hottest one on the market right now and he has more to come...
Old 09-30-2005, 12:57 PM

Don't forget us @ ActiveTuning www.activetuning.com
Old 09-30-2005, 01:06 PM
*moderator*

Redlinemax front bumper pics---fyi.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Redlinemax front bumper pics---fyi.
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about...
Old 09-30-2005, 03:41 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by chernmax
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about...

What's the status with your bumper by the way...
Old 10-01-2005, 11:29 PM

Awaiting the new flex bumper, I am also going with Stillen sides and rear. Corey is also having the custom front grill manufactured and ordered some slamin fogs. Once everything is in, I'm upping my car for 1 week to a pro body shop in Philly who will put it all together and paint. The wait sucks, however the end result will be slam'in. Also, you $hit looks hot, can't wait to see your upcoming new work. My latest project I just finished was under the hood strobes for night shows. I was extremely happy with them and got great props from people at the recent Mega Meet 6 in Virginia with RedLineMax. I was the only 6th gen present and only sponsored car for RedLineMax able to attend...
Old 10-01-2005, 11:38 PM
GrandPa

My latest project I just finished was under the hood strobes for night shows. ...
Pictures please.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by ramberg
Pictures please.
What Up Homie, tomorrow I will get some up, I only did 3 right now because I am waiting till we get the new front bumper on for the behind the grill ones like you have.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:52 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=MAXIMA-GHOST]

Grads on you new Max. There are alot of new mods now than there were 2 years ago when I brought mine. Sometimes you have to come up with your own ideas.

There are alot of sites where you can get mods. Check out the sticky's.

If you want you can check out the home pages of the members who already replyed to you or go to cardomain.com and search for 2004 to 2006 Maximas and you will see what ppl have done to their rides.

Good luck with your new Max.

Peace Warren
Old 10-01-2005, 11:54 PM
GrandPa

What Up Homie, tomorrow I will get some up, I only did 3 right now because I am waiting till we get the new front bumper on for the behind the grill ones like you have.
Doing OK my friend. Had a great meet with nycmaximas and I will send you pictures later today.

I am going crazy waiting for you to get the items installed.

Later Warren
Old 10-02-2005, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by ramberg
Doing OK my friend. Had a great meet with nycmaximas and I will send you pictures later today.

I am going crazy waiting for you to get the items installed.

Later Warren

More afternarkets, Warren, here is a pic of the 3 red strobes I installed under the hood for Mega Meet 6 in Manasses Va last night, strong show, well over 400+ rides. Took me about 10 pics to catch all 3 strobes on at the same time...

Got home about 1:30 am and you know how I drive...
Old 10-02-2005, 11:39 AM
GrandPa

More afternarkets, Warren, here is a pic of the 3 red strobes I installed under the hood for Mega Meet 6 in Manasses Va last night, strong show, well over 400+ rides. Took me about 10 pics to catch all 3 strobes on at the same time...

Got home about 1:30 am and you know how I drive...
Very nice.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Thanks chris for attending, We actually had over 1000 cars there, the lot holds 750 and they were turning people around to go homoe or park at the hotel down the block, the hotel was packed!!
Old 10-03-2005, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Redmax
Thanks chris for attending, We actually had over 1000 cars there, the lot holds 750 and they were turning people around to go homoe or park at the hotel down the block, the hotel was packed!!
Actually, I will agree with those numbers, but from standing next to my ride the whole night or watching the RedLineMax booth, I only got to see 400+. Damn sponsors keep a tight lid on us, see Corey how much you made me miss... Still had a great time and the turnout was awesome, the eye candy ruled though...
Old 10-03-2005, 04:46 PM
GrandPa

I wasn't invited.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:04 AM

thanks guys for all the responses, but it doesnt explain why the aftermarket is so slow with this generations mods... The lighting should have been first on the list. Like 3d type or whole replacements for or rears. I am now talking with TYC and others to see what they are doing. I hope the SEMA turn out would have something more for us.. I know after these shows there are better knowledge what might be coming out for us... I already read the sticky's when i first got onto this board, and found all the aftermarket that is available at this time, but i just wanted to make sure all was being told, and where others might be hiding.. Ill have to check cardomain.com to see if i can locate some more info for us.. Hope to go to my first GTG in the Dallas TX area, but am not aware of any clubs in this area as of yet.. Take Care, guys/gals and hope to hear from you soon.

Myk
Old 10-04-2005, 09:18 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

thanks guys for all the responses, but it doesnt explain why the aftermarket is so slow with this generations mods... The lighting should have been first on the list. Like 3d type or whole replacements for or rears. I am now talking with TYC and others to see what they are doing. I hope the SEMA turn out would have something more for us.. I know after these shows there are better knowledge what might be coming out for us... I already read the sticky's when i first got onto this board, and found all the aftermarket that is available at this time, but i just wanted to make sure all was being told, and where others might be hiding.. Ill have to check cardomain.com to see if i can locate some more info for us.. Hope to go to my first GTG in the Dallas TX area, but am not aware of any clubs in this area as of yet.. Take Care, guys/gals and hope to hear from you soon.

Myk
is not slow if people are willing to donate theirs cars and whatever, but not everyone can.. like the ecu from TC, they need a ecu for about 2 months, but who can do that you know.. if people are willing to donate their cars, we will keep getting new mods..

its picking up now though, we have cool **** coming up..
Old 10-04-2005, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
is not slow if people are willing to donate theirs cars and whatever, but not everyone can.. like the ecu from TC, they need a ecu for about 2 months, but who can do that you know.. if people are willing to donate their cars, we will keep getting new mods..

its picking up now though, we have cool **** coming up..

Any word from what is coming up at SEMA? I have heard a few things are going to be there for our vehicles, but to what i do not have a clue. I was really hoping that some one would come out with a decent body kit. I have been working with photoshop for a bit(havent had much time), but i can tell you that what i have will blow your mind... especially what i have planned for a replacement for the rear taillights. Hope to her more soon from you guys, anything that might help us get to mod'n our Max's.. Later..!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:09 PM
SuPeRmOd

so you don't like any of the 3 kits currently out? RedlineMax kit is amazing. there are still more mods coming out faster for our car than other gens and even other models.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any Chips Out?

sup fellaz,

Just curious I know there is a jet chip out which is around $400 and I would actually have to take my existing chip out and send it in for reprogramming which I'd rather not do. Is there anything else out there?

Also I need to know what the hell is the deal with these so called "chips" that are all over ebay for 30 - 60 bucks with ridiculous claims of adding up to 30 HP. I know they have to be BS but they do claim 100% money back gaurantee if they dont work, and I was reading all there feed back and many customers seem very satisfied. Can someone please help clear this up for me.

Thanks alot
Old 10-06-2005, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by logik05se
sup fellaz,

Just curious I know there is a jet chip out which is around $400 and I would actually have to take my existing chip out and send it in for reprogramming which I'd rather not do. Is there anything else out there?

Also I need to know what the hell is the deal with these so called "chips" that are all over ebay for 30 - 60 bucks with ridiculous claims of adding up to 30 HP. I know they have to be BS but they do claim 100% money back gaurantee if they dont work, and I was reading all there feed back and many customers seem very satisfied. Can someone please help clear this up for me.

Thanks alot

jet sucks I heard and don't try that ebay crap....

TS will do our ecu, but last thing I read was someone had to send one into get looked at by them..

any progress with the TS ecu upgrade anyone..

http://www.technosquareinc.com/maxima.htm
Old 10-06-2005, 05:27 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
jet sucks I heard and don't try that ebay crap....

TS will do our ecu, but last thing I read was someone had to send one into get looked at by them..

any progress with the TS ecu upgrade anyone..

http://www.technosquareinc.com/maxima.htm
I don't know anyone who would want to send theirs in for testing. That would be crazy,
TC should buy one to do the upgrade. In the long run if it works they will make alot of money.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:29 PM

I know, someone said two months they will have it.. who can do that..
Old 10-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Still had a great time and the turnout was awesome, the eye candy ruled though...
Man i sponsor the guy so he can mack on my woman!!!

Old 10-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Hey chris we got that 350Z
Old 10-08-2005, 07:39 PM

Man i sponsor the guy so he can mack on my woman!!!

Corey, seeming how I have nothing but love and respect for your woman, all I can say is. THAT'S A GREAT PICTURE... OK, who just touched my a$$???
Old 10-08-2005, 07:43 PM

Hey chris we got that 350Z
Did you think we wouldn't, RedLineMax Rules... After talking with him, he knew it also, congrat's on another fly ride under your colors...
Old 10-08-2005, 08:22 PM

Does RedLineMax have plans on doing a body kit>? I have seen some on the Cardomain site that has a concept pic i believe of a front bumper that looks sweet? Is is just one, or are they coming out with a few? Pics? Thanks... Later..
Old 10-08-2005, 08:43 PM

Great News, visit www.RedLineMax.com, the front bumper is currently available, the rest of the kit is currently being designed. Corey (RedLineMax CEO) contact numbers are listed on his site, great guy, always willing to answer your questions in person... Give him a call and get the straight up 411...
Old 10-09-2005, 07:26 PM

ok you say its availible, but it is not on their website.. I think i have seen it on a silver MAX, but that doesnt look like the bumper i found on Cardomian that said that it was a RedLineMax design..

This is the one i am talking about.... I LOVE THIS ONE.. and i would buy it tommorrow if i could..

Crap, i just noticed that was your cardomain site chernmax.. sorry.. If this is the same on that silver max, is does not look like the pic you have on your site.. i like the one in your pic better.. I dont like how the fog lights stick out on the front bumper tha is on the silver one, earlier posted in this thread..
Old 10-09-2005, 08:32 PM

ok you say its availible, but it is not on their website.. I think i have seen it on a silver MAX, but that doesnt look like the bumper i found on Cardomian that said that it was a RedLineMax design..

This is the one i am talking about.... I LOVE THIS ONE.. and i would buy it tommorrow if i could..

Crap, i just noticed that was your cardomain site chernmax.. sorry.. If this is the same on that silver max, is does not look like the pic you have on your site.. i like the one in your pic better.. I dont like how the fog lights stick out on the front bumper tha is on the silver one, earlier posted in this thread..
Dude, visit the RedlineMax web site, and call the listed number, Corey is a great guy and can answer you questions directly, his bumper is topshelf and has the ability to be matched with your choice of fogs and grill. Thanks again for checking us out, you questions are always welcome...
Old 10-09-2005, 09:09 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
so you don't like any of the 3 kits currently out? RedlineMax kit is amazing. there are still more mods coming out faster for our car than other gens and even other models.

Does RedLineMax have plans on doing a body kit>? I have seen some on the Cardomain site that has a concept pic i believe of a front bumper that looks sweet? Is is just one, or are they coming out with a few? Pics? Thanks... Later..

OPEN YOUR EYES and look around. entire threads are dedicated to this kit. since it's obvious you don't read my posts, in case someone clues you in, I'll repeat myselfto answer your question: "there is no aftermarket".... LOOK at the sticky
Old 10-10-2005, 01:08 AM

I think he's saying that the photoshopped pic looked better than what really came out. I agree. The orange maxima they had a photoshop of looked quite different and more agressive, like the altima ser front.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:58 AM

Can anybody tell me what kind of rims are on this max and what size?????????
Old 10-10-2005, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Sexyass Maxima

Can anybody tell me what kind of rims are on this max and what size?????????
Those are the OEM 2005 19" G35 Coupe wheels, they are made by rays engineering. I was gonna get those but I got a killer dealer on some 19" Axis wheels which will be on in a month or so. Those G35 wheels are hot though.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
Those are the OEM 2005 19" G35 Coupe wheels, they are made by rays engineering. I was gonna get those but I got a killer dealer on some 19" Axis wheels which will be on in a month or so. Those G35 wheels are hot though.
on that pic they look bigger than 19's bro, more like 22's.... so don't think they will fit like that..
Old 10-10-2005, 07:07 PM
*moderator*

Any word from what is coming up at SEMA? I have heard a few things are going to be there for our vehicles, but to what i do not have a clue.

Looks like I will be going to SEMA for a day, I'll be sure to collect as much info as possible...

Quick Reply: What's up with the Aftermarket?