6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Emailed Guys at Hotshot about Headers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 02:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

it is stillen race headers, made for 5th gen max

it fits on 6th gen max, except we had to customize the EGR line and some fitting issues

a lot of power gained at high rpm range, sound awesome

I guess he is the first one who got race headers for 6th gen max
Old 10-06-2005, 03:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have seen headers on a 6th gen

I have seen headers set up on a 6th, Cattman had them off a NZ/Australian J31 Maxima. However there was some issues and they needed, what looked like some modifications to fit exactly.He sent me some photos.

I would have bought them but my MVR said they would wear me getting rid of one of my Cats but not three.

So my question to SEXIMA04 is if your in California how you going to pass your emmissions when your are down to zero Cats. I hear they are pretty tough on the old fart pipe in your neck of the woods.

I'm not dissin ya mate , but a photo would make us all instantly in AWE....

Old 10-06-2005, 04:18 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by moonsi
it is stillen race headers, made for 5th gen max

it fits on 6th gen max, except we had to customize the EGR line and some fitting issues

a lot of power gained at high rpm range, sound awesome

I guess he is the first one who got race headers for 6th gen max
I would like to see some pictures and a couple of dyno slips. If this works out you will get alot of business. There are alot of members that are looking for headers for their 6th gens.

Thanks Warren
Old 10-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sexima, Im near OC. PM me and Ill check em out. I can takes pics to post if needed.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by SEXIMA04
THINKING ABOUT POSTING PIX..
Sent the pics to members who have offered to post for you till you get past 15 posts. This will remove the grey cloud of suspicion and we can all move forward...

If you do have them, we will all
Old 10-06-2005, 04:28 PM

aite....me and moonsi were the ones to install the headers on sexima's car....it was my idea. im glad someone noticed that he couldn't post pics. the headers were for an 02-03 maxima, we had to modify the crap alot. stupid flanges didn't fit. so... w/ alot of hrs of pain sweat and smoke. finally got it on
**** costs roughtly 1200
and he doesn't have to worry. we have cats on so...no worries.
anyways...u guys should just meet him up.

on another note.....MY ****ING 02 maxima is GONE
Old 10-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by AzNx2k2xSEXima
aite....me and moonsi were the ones to install the headers on sexima's car....it was my idea. im glad someone noticed that he couldn't post pics. the headers were for an 02-03 maxima, we had to modify the crap alot. stupid flanges didn't fit. so... w/ alot of hrs of pain sweat and smoke. finally got it on
**** costs roughtly 1200
and he doesn't have to worry. we have cats on so...no worries.
anyways...u guys should just meet him up.

on another note.....MY ****ING 02 maxima is GONE
A set of headers with the 2 cat cans still attached that works, this I must see.. I am booking my ticket now ... You guys must have gone to the extream to get this to work.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:31 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

1200 wow....
Old 10-06-2005, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
1200 wow....
1200 Wow, NOT...
Old 10-06-2005, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
Yeah keep at em, I sent them the email last friday and they replied monday. Im sure they are just busy.

hotshot is buys. their busy keeping their *** out of bankruptcy. their licence has been suspended untill futher notice, that is why all their products are on hold and nobody is getting anything. here is an email i got from berk technologies about a design they were working on with hotshot. the design failed and this suspention of the licence is why.

Hi Paul,

Hotshot is well known because they have been around for a while, but they have got some major problems with the financial side of things.

http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/Sho...umber=C2192849

The exhaust will be here by the end of the year, we hope that everything stays on schedule.

Regards,

Bryan
Berk Technology
Old 10-07-2005, 12:09 AM

The Stillen headers are 900 so, modding it has to be several hundred more. grrrr
Old 10-07-2005, 07:35 AM

All the alti guys and 02-03 maxima owners said the Stealin headers were a waste of money.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:34 AM

Did they say why? No power gains?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Did they say why? No power gains?
look in the 5th gen sections for the stillen header sticky. they have proven to be worthless and in some parts of the band, they lost power.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by sloppymax
look in the 5th gen sections for the stillen header sticky. they have proven to be worthless and in some parts of the band, they lost power.
I also know our car has more in common with the altima setup than the 02-03 maximas. The exhaust setup is different.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:23 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by SEXIMA04
If You Guys Wanna See The Headers In Person, We Can Meet Up.. I Live In Orange County,CA.

SOUNDS NICE, TOO.. GLAD I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH HEADERS.. HEHE.

THINK I AM B.S.??? GUESS ONLY WAY TO FIND OUT IS TO MEET UP.. THINKING ABOUT POSTING PIX..

We should set up a time/place to meet so some of us so cal 6th gen guys can check out your setup...I'm in FV.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:00 AM

Im in Upland, we can meet somewhere in middle if u want - Fullerton?
Old 10-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Im in Upland, we can meet somewhere in middle if u want - Fullerton?
I'm up for that.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
We should set up a time/place to meet so some of us so cal 6th gen guys can check out your setup...I'm in FV.
Go get em boyz...
Old 10-08-2005, 01:39 PM

I started a thread which is about a pre-existing Maxima meet for LA Area people.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=431004
Old 10-11-2005, 02:41 PM

Hey Hotshot Performace never got back to me. Called them at least 5 times never got an answer from them. Hopefully some one has had better luck with them.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:50 PM
GrandPa

I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't get a e-mail back the first time.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:47 PM

don't give up on such a good mod that easy bro.. this mod will give us the most hp vs any mod right now..

if you live so close just stop by..
Old 10-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Newbie just Registered

I went by the place last week and they didn't look like they were open for business, no one was around but the front gate was partially openned. It was a metal scrapyard, though I went on Friday around noon. There were no signage of any type, just the address on the outside wall. For a company that has been around for a while, that really surprised me. I even double checked the address when I got to my office. I'll go again this Thursday.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
I went by the place last week and they didn't look like they were open for business, no one was around but the front gate was partially openned. It was a metal scrapyard, though I went on Friday around noon. There were no signage of any type, just the address on the outside wall. For a company that has been around for a while, that really surprised me. I even double checked the address when I got to my office. I'll go again this Thursday.

hey that makes sence.... on their site it says that there has been rumor of them going out of business, and it states that they are not, but are moving or something..

read:
http://hotshotperformance.com/main.htm
Old 10-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Newbie just Registered

hey that makes sence.... on their site it says that there has been rumor of them going out of business, and it states that they are not, but are moving or something..

read:
http://hotshotperformance.com/main.htm
It sounds like they owe someone a lot of money and buying time to either payback or run
Old 10-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

I didn't want to interfere with this thread while it was going strong, but I'll just mention that Cattman Performance will certainly be developing a header set for the 04+ Maxima over the next few months - its our next big Maxima project.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Cattmobile: 02 6M Maxima w/ Cattman Performance (CP) combo intake, CP headers/y-pipe, CP FastCat, 2.5" CP catback, CP short shift kit, Energy Suspension shifter bushings, CP coilovers, CP FSTB, Progress RSB, 245.45.18 Toyo Proxes4 tires, 18x8 ROH Drift R rims
Old 10-11-2005, 06:56 PM

Ill try to drive by tomo and see whats up with them. From the looks of it, i will probaly just wait for the Cattman headers
Old 10-11-2005, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cattman
I didn't want to interfere with this thread while it was going strong, but I'll just mention that Cattman Performance will certainly be developing a header set for the 04+ Maxima over the next few months - its our next big Maxima project.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Great to hear, 3 years hasn't been that long to wait. Build them, test them, dyno them, I'll buy them if the numbers look good...
Old 10-12-2005, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Great to hear, 3 years hasn't been that long to wait. Build them, test them, dyno them, I'll buy them if the numbers look good...
me too
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

That should work out fine, since we won't sell them in the first place if the numbers aren't good. Given our experience with making 25+ whp headers for the VQ35DE in 02/03 Maximas and 02-04 I35s, I have no doubt that its possible.

Keep in mind that the power a performance part "makes" is largely a function of how poorly designed the stock part is that's being replaced. I don't know why, but the manifolds on the VQ35 in the 6th gen maximas appear to be quite a bit more "primitive" than the manifolds used in the A33 Maximas. If that's the case, a good header design should do even better.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Cattmobile: 02 6M Maxima w/ Cattman Performance (CP) combo intake, CP headers/y-pipe, CP FastCat, 2.5" CP catback, CP short shift kit, Energy Suspension shifter bushings, CP coilovers, CP FSTB, Progress RSB, 245.45.18 Toyo Proxes4 tires, 18x8 ROH Drift R rims
Old 10-12-2005, 10:54 AM

Also, remember, that the exhaust is onyl as good as the most restricted part. So if you get headers remember to buy a good exhaust system, like the Cattman exhaust which is very free flowing.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

I forgot to mention that we plan to offer the gen6 headers with or without a Cattman FastCat high-flow performance cat integrated in the part.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 10-12-2005, 11:49 AM

I forgot to mention that we plan to offer the gen6 headers with or without a Cattman FastCat high-flow performance cat integrated in the part.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Will I be able to connect the headers directly to a CE Y-pipe or will I have to remove it? If so, will they bolt up to the Greddy SP-II? Keep up the great work...
Old 10-12-2005, 05:06 PM

Will I be able to connect the headers directly to a CE Y-pipe or will I have to remove it? If so, will they bolt up to the Greddy SP-II? Keep up the great work...
headers usually have their own y pipe..
Old 10-12-2005, 07:03 PM

headers usually have their own y pipe..

You still have to ask, not all aftermarkets are created equal...
Old 10-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

I think there is a positive reply to your question.

It was not possible to properly design header manifolds that could connect with aftermarket y-pipes made for the VQ30DE, so we had to design the manifolds and y-pipes as an integrated system with no interchangeability between the y-pipe in our header system, and any other stock or performance y-pipe.

However, the situation is somewhat different on the gen6. The stock y-pipe has no downpipes that reach high to meet the stock manifolds - the downpipes don't extend upward at all because they're bolted to the pre-cat units under the manifolds. Since the precats will go away, we have all the room between the heads and those low downpipes to design a pair of manifolds that will bolt to performance y-pipes that are designed to replace stock y-pipes (like Custom's or the Cattman y-pipe we'll design with the headers).

So let's just say that its my intent - unless something yet to be discovered prevents it - that you will be able to buy our entire header system (headers and y-pipe), or you can just buy the manifolds. No point in promoting the features of a part that doesn't exist yet, but like all of the other Cattman parts, our gen6 y-pipe will include design, material and workmanship features that set it apart. Most noteworthy will be the unique option of including a Cattman FastCat catalytic converter - the first highflow performance cat available for the 04+ Maxima and the only performance y-pipe for the gen6 that will allow you to go through emissions without the hassle and cost of putting the stock one back on.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 10-12-2005, 10:07 PM
GrandPa

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
When will this happen?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:45 AM

I think there is a positive reply to your question.

It was not possible to properly design header manifolds that could connect with aftermarket y-pipes made for the VQ30DE, so we had to design the manifolds and y-pipes as an integrated system with no interchangeability between the y-pipe in our header system, and any other stock or performance y-pipe.

However, the situation is somewhat different on the gen6. The stock y-pipe has no downpipes that reach high to meet the stock manifolds - the downpipes don't extend upward at all because they're bolted to the pre-cat units under the manifolds. Since the precats will go away, we have all the room between the heads and those low downpipes to design a pair of manifolds that will bolt to performance y-pipes that are designed to replace stock y-pipes (like Custom's or the Cattman y-pipe we'll design with the headers).

So let's just say that its my intent - unless something yet to be discovered prevents it - that you will be able to buy our entire header system (headers and y-pipe), or you can just buy the manifolds. No point in promoting the features of a part that doesn't exist yet, but like all of the other Cattman parts, our gen6 y-pipe will include design, material and workmanship features that set it apart. Most noteworthy will be the unique option of including a Cattman FastCat catalytic converter - the first highflow performance cat available for the 04+ Maxima and the only performance y-pipe for the gen6 that will allow you to go through emissions without the hassle and cost of putting the stock one back on.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Thanks for the great response to my question, look forward to getting them on my ride...
Old 10-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by ramberg
When will this happen?

If I put a date on it, I'd surely make myself a liar given the way this sort of thing tends to progress. Let's just say we're shooting for December/January.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Quick Reply: Emailed Guys at Hotshot about Headers...