6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

First pics of headers for 6th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

First pics of headers for 6th Gen

Ok, doubters, I saw them with my own eyes. Sexima has custom headers for his 6th gen maxima. He used an Alti header, I believe and modified it. Apparently there is a lot of work getting the rear header to fit. But they look great from up top. Check out these pics:

Old 10-22-2005, 01:49 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

cool... did you drive the car to feel the power? lol..
Old 10-22-2005, 01:53 PM
andymax95

Awesome. Now I know you had to race him to see if headers are really worth it. Thats the info we are really looking for. Did you get smoked off the line, how about top end, or are we gonna have to wait for a chip?

Old 10-22-2005, 01:54 PM

now im a believer, outstanding, someone needs to put these into production.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:58 PM

they are, we have to wait some..

I wanna team those catmans catback and headers with that SC coming out I hope
Old 10-22-2005, 03:46 PM

Very nice. Im ready for a set once they release some.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:44 PM
GrandPa

Good work. How about a dyno to see what the whp is.

It must have been really hard to install the rear headers. Its a bi**h just to chg. the rear spark plugs.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:33 PM

Nice looks as if when I do go to get my Maxima the aftermarket for it is going to be pretty healthy. Kinda odd one of my cars aftermarket is starting to die off, and one is starting to grow!
Old 10-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Ok, doubters, I saw them with my own eyes. Sexima has custom headers for his 6th gen maxima. He used an Alti header, I believe and modified it. Apparently there is a lot of work getting the rear header to fit. But they look great from up top. Check out these pics:

Not only do they look great , I owe Sexima an apology for being a non believer...
Old 10-22-2005, 11:53 PM

It's Koo.. I Should Have Post The Pix B4 I Said Anything..

Imma Dyno After I Install Camshaft. Think Imma Install Cam During Winter Break.. I Need Like At Least Few Days.. Gotta Be Xtra Careful Installing Cams.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:43 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by SEXIMA04
It's Koo.. I Should Have Post The Pix B4 I Said Anything..

Imma Dyno After I Install Camshaft. Think Imma Install Cam During Winter Break.. I Need Like At Least Few Days.. Gotta Be Xtra Careful Installing Cams.
I don't think you should mess around with cams untill your warranty is up. With rhe headers it would be easier to switch back if something goes wrong with the engine.
Just my 2 cents.

Peace
Warren
Old 10-23-2005, 01:02 AM

My Warranty Is Already Up.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:18 AM
GrandPa

Than go for it.

Damn it 4:20 in the morning here, time to go to sleep.
Keep us informed.
Check out my thread http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....8&page=2&pp=30. I am adding this mod on Tues.

Good night
Warren
Old 10-23-2005, 03:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

sweet./..... i think i missed this post somehow.... keep us updated.. I dont mess with the engine at all, until after i pay this puppy off... i like to keep'r running if i am going to do massive upgrades to the interior and exterior... SHOW vehicle status right now.. good luck with those cams, since you said your warrenty is up.. Deffinately keep us updated on the performance.. I am sure others like me, love having guinny-pigs to do this for us... lol.. LAter...
Old 10-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by SEXIMA04
My Warranty Is Already Up.
Then dive right in bro, I'm a believer...
Old 10-23-2005, 09:38 AM

is that all you have SEXIMA is headers, do you really feel the power gain with them?
Old 10-23-2005, 09:52 AM

Yeah no one has really spoken about the difference they make yet. Deus, did you get to drive it?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:19 AM

I doubt there is much difference in power. It should change the sound more than anything. The only way that it will make a noticeable difference is that if there is a lot more air moving through the system than the stock system (ie: SC or Turbo). Typically the factory does a pretty good job matching input to output and by opening up only the exhaust it won't make much of a difference since the intake wasn't opened up as well. Short story is if all you are going to do is exhaust mods, don't expect a lot more power, just cool sound. If you plan on an intake mod, you need to do exhaust as well.

I'm sure someone will now post telling me I'm wrong.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:27 AM

my plan is to team them up with a SC when it comes out and a full cattback, but I'm asking just in case the headers from cattman come out first. I kinda wanted to know if they make power just from a stock motor..
Old 10-23-2005, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Scott D.
I doubt there is much difference in power. It should change the sound more than anything. The only way that it will make a noticeable difference is that if there is a lot more air moving through the system than the stock system (ie: SC or Turbo). Typically the factory does a pretty good job matching input to output and by opening up only the exhaust it won't make much of a difference since the intake wasn't opened up as well. Short story is if all you are going to do is exhaust mods, don't expect a lot more power, just cool sound. If you plan on an intake mod, you need to do exhaust as well.

And that person will be me. Obviously you don't know to much about the FWD V35 exhaust manifold. It contains 2 precats and 1 primary. The aftermarket headers have been proven on 02-03 maximas and 02-04 altimas to give gains up to 20+ HP. Anyways you leave your car stock and if im ever in your part of Tx il show you exactly how big of a difference it makes. Later
Old 10-23-2005, 10:42 AM

you are wrong....

Old 10-23-2005, 10:45 AM

20 extra hp would be nice... a SC would be even nicer..... I can't wait!
Old 10-23-2005, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
And that person will be me. Obviously you don't know to much about the FWD V35 exhaust manifold. It contains 2 precats and 1 primary. The aftermarket headers have been proven on 02-03 maximas and 02-04 altimas to give gains up to 20+ HP. Anyways you leave your car stock and if im ever in your part of Tx il show you exactly how big of a difference it makes. Later

Yes I do, but I don't consider a <10% increase something that is noticeable. If you can feel that they you must have a superpower. That is up to 20 hp, depending on if they have an intake mod most likely and a K&N.

Flame away superman.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:06 PM

OK, I also looked up some charts from the Dyno tests. The HP runs lower than stock until almost 5000 RPM. You won't feel it. Although results will vary on those as well. I'm going to stick with it will feel different with the butt dyno.

Here is a quote, gee whiz, and intake mod too.

The difference in horsepower was very noticable! The estimated gains from the Hot Shot Performance Header are 21 horsepower. But we have also installed the Greddy EVO exhaust and cold air intake by Injen as well so it's time to hit the dyno for a few runs. Dyno's to be posted soon.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:34 PM

Looks like your pulling that from a performance mag. Yes you will feel a difference. 20 hp is a big difference for our cars, an intake doesnt do much for these motors. Dont believe everything a magazine tells you, they are just trying to sell a product, quality or not.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
Looks like your pulling that from a performance mag. Yes you will feel a difference. 20 hp is a big difference for our cars, an intake doesnt do much for these motors. Dont believe everything a magazine tells you, they are just trying to sell a product, quality or not.
Only to prove a point. I didn't look in a magazine before my first post. It is physics. I know what headers do, this may be my first Maxima, but I have been working on cars for years. I have had headers on and off cars. You may be able to "feel" the sound and it may make you think there is a gain in power, but it isn't noticable on a dyno alone with just headers as a mod. A true addition that would make a difference would be a SC or turbo, or even cams. Why don't you find something to back it up. Where did you get your info on 20+ HP gains, and don't say the manufacturer or someone with a non-existent dyno chart.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:01 PM
.org extraordinaire

wow

Only to prove a point. I didn't look in a magazine before my first post. It is physics. I know what headers do, this may be my first Maxima, but I have been working on cars for years. I have had headers on and off cars. You may be able to "feel" the sound and it may make you think there is a gain in power, but it isn't noticable on a dyno alone with just headers as a mod. A true addition that would make a difference would be a SC or turbo, or even cams. Why don't you find something to back it up. Where did you get your info on 20+ HP gains, and don't say the manufacturer or someone with a non-existent dyno chart.
Attack of the newbie!! Jokes, I can see headers giving some more boost especially in this car, it already has two precats in there to limit exhaust output, so catless headers (BAD ENVIRONMENT BASTARDS) will improve the HP situation some, but probably no 20Hp. Maybe 7-11hp max. Anyone gonna dyno to find out.

Thanks,

Kam
Old 10-23-2005, 02:37 PM

I went from a full bolt on package switching from Cattman Y pipe to Hotshot headers. You can definitely FEEL a difference.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Newbie just Registered

Chances are that headers won't be someone's only mod. Openning up intake and exhaust with quality parts, especially compare to our factory exhaust manifolds and Y-pipe, will make a noticeable difference. Couple that with an aftermarket A/F management system should produce a nice gain (maybe 10-15%). However, those mods would change the characteristic of our cars, apart from the sound.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
Chances are that headers won't be someone's only mod. Openning up intake and exhaust with quality parts, especially compare to our factory exhaust manifolds and Y-pipe, will make a noticeable difference. Couple that with an aftermarket A/F management system should produce a nice gain (maybe 10-15%). However, those mods would change the characteristic of our cars, apart from the sound.
I know that. It usually isn't something that someone just "jumps" into. If you look at what people say the added HP is for particular parts, they will say 10 HP for exhaust, 20 HP for Headers, 10 HP for flywheel, 10 HP for K&N, and 10 HP for cold air intake (I made up these numbers as an example). If you add all these parts some would say that they got 60 HP. Is that really going to happen? No, of course not. But you can't convice some people of that, they will insist that there was a power gain for every part added, because the car may "feel" a little different. It is amazing how easy it is to feel the difference when you drop a bunch of money on something. I'm over my days of racing. I spent 10 years driving a muscle car and I like the way my Max drives as is. Having a really fast car won't get you much of anything except trouble (and maybe some money). Maybe I should just go back to lurking.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:04 PM
gec

geez...headers seem to be a sensitive subject...luckily I'm an environmentalist...lol

they look good sexima,,,, and big ups for being a pioneer

Old 10-23-2005, 09:37 PM

Ive only been around these forums for 3+ years and own my maxima as well as a 5th gen. If you would read around a bit instead of assuming you know what your talking about, you might learn something. Ive seen TONS of independent dynos that showed the gains. Im not gonna argue, I know what im talking about so believe who you want to.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:46 PM

Ok, I'm sure you are right. Maxima's can bend the laws of physics. I bow to your greatness.

-- There is no spoon...
Old 10-24-2005, 05:37 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Ok, I'm sure you are right. Maxima's can bend the laws of physics. I bow to your greatness.

-- There is no spoon...
Do tell what law of physics we are breaking. This should be good.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:46 AM
andymax95

So physics play a role in these headers, please explain, because last i thought you are dealing with air flow. And that breaks into lamanar and turbilent flow. With a less restrictive header setup you have more lamanar flow(smooth flowing) which will make you see gains do to less restriction.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:14 PM

Im interested in the Physics too.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:33 PM
.org extraordinaire

lol

silence from teh mushle car dzriversz.......

LOLsz
Old 10-24-2005, 03:02 PM

Quick question,

If there is a debate as to intakes not making hp because of the computer doing whatever is does, why would headers make any power?

Also has anyone figured out what the computer does? Remember we have a drive by wire system which gave me an idea.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:28 PM

is cause of the precatts being eliminated, it releases some power cause of it..
Old 10-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
is cause of the precatts being eliminated, it releases some power cause of it..
No. The ECU controls the throttle body, so it controls how wide to open for how much air. That's what I think Maximam is getting at.

Quick Reply: First pics of headers for 6th Gen