6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Got A Remote Start Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 12:04 PM

Got A Remote Start Installed

As you all have been dying to see i finally got the remote start installed yesterday. It took them almost 7 hours to complete but its done.

thats a picture of my engine bay after two trips to Laughlin through a sand storm.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:04 PM

couple shots of the hood pin.

id show you where my valet switch is at but thats my little secret.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:40 PM
I wanna be at my maximum

I've been wanting to get it done, but didn't know if it would be worth the trouble for it or not.

Any special reason that it took 7 hours>? -- Hopefully it wasn't that hard to install. Where did you get it done at? - i may need to steer clear of that one.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by gurlie_J_gurl
Any special reason that it took 7 hours>? -- Hopefully it wasn't that hard to install. Where did you get it done at? - i may need to steer clear of that one.
Actually, that's the place that you should be looking to go...

Seriously though... you see a lot of mods being done by shops that take a while, but it's because it's just NOW that people are starting to get serious stuff done to their 6th gens... before that most places had never seen one, so they probably had to check the web just to see how to take the doors panels off...

That nitrous setup that ramberg had done took all day, but I bet you the next car they do only takes them a couple of hours. Same thing with this place and the remote starter... next car will probably take them an hour or 2.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:15 PM
I wanna be at my maximum

Well i do hope that your right, just the town i'm in - the people are not that bright and i think the worst when i hear about a long wait like that.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:46 PM

I just got my alarm/starter put in and it took him almost 6 hours. He said it was one of the harder cars to do. worth every penny though
Old 10-29-2005, 06:03 PM

Amateurs.....it doesn't take that long to install an alarm/remote system....I'd say 2 to 3 hours max....and that's installed neatly, all wires either twisted together and/or wrapped in electrical tape.....
Old 10-29-2005, 06:34 PM

HOW MUSH DID THEY CHARGE AND WERE AT, I'M LOOKING TO PUT ONE IN MY BigMax
Old 10-29-2005, 07:51 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

nice, but you have to clean that bay my man...

make it look like this this here
Old 10-29-2005, 11:17 PM
*moderator*

I got my alarm installed almost 2 years ago (auto start and all) and it only took them like 3 hrs. it was also the first 6th gen they had worked on...
What alarm did you get installed anyways? And did you really have to go to Laughlin twice to get it installed? (or was Harrah's just calling your name?)
Old 10-30-2005, 12:56 AM

I got the alarm installed at my work (Circuit City) in West Covina. It took him 7 hours becuase he had to wait 2 hours till one of the install bays was open, just to work on my car, and then he took an hour lunch, so all in all it took maybe 4 hours. It cost me 160 for the alarm at my cost and 100 to get it installed, plus lifetime warranty on labor.
Concerning the 2 laughlin trips...my co worker has a house and a few jetskis by the river so we took 2 weekend vacations approximately 1 month apart, imagine all the mileage i picked up on that.
I will get my engine steam cleaned one day.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:03 AM

Thats A Good Deal Can You Hook It Up I've Been Wanting To Put Remote Start, Doe's Circuit City Have Clifford Matrix 3.5
Old 10-30-2005, 07:02 AM

Wow...that's a pretty long time. These cars are pretty easy even with the wires going through the door....but, I'm sure he took his time to install it right. Plus, I know those guys are trained or at least told to solder every wire for every connection.

I agree with install30 though...2-3 hours max.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:15 AM

re

Amateurs.....I would never let theses hacks install anything on my car . Are they a Certified Installer ? Should of gone with the Clifford , which is unfourtunatly own by Directed Electronics now . It's usally guys that don't have the knowledge or the brain's to do installs the correct way . The Install can make or break the product depending the right installer . As a certified Installer for 15 years ,and working for Clifford as a Tec I know . Im wondering how his connections were made . most likely very poor . As many installers know ,your factory Alarm should have been incorperated with the aftermarket remote starter / alarm . Hood pin ?? are we living in the 70's ?

Directed Electronics is Garbage !!!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:33 AM

uhhhhhhhh... the factory alarm still works with the new remote start. All the wires twisted and were soldered and black taped. Its ok to admit you didnt have a good time working for clifford, cuz if i were there for 15 years too i would be bitter also.

The guy that installed my alarm is a good friend of mine and he did a great
job installing it.

Shapiro, unfortunately i cant order anymore of these alarms at that price, it was an accomadation through Directed for a limited time. The alarm costs 500 in stores and 260 at my cost, Give or take a few dollars. The install for customers is 150 give or take.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:51 AM

The Nightmares never end
Old 10-30-2005, 10:19 AM

Well Thanks Anyways, Anybody Know's The Best Deal For Clifford 3.5 Remote Start
Old 10-30-2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by BLAKE0072
Amateurs.....I would never let theses hacks install anything on my car . Are they a Certified Installer ? Should of gone with the Clifford , which is unfourtunatly own by Directed Electronics now . It's usally guys that don't have the knowledge or the brain's to do installs the correct way . The Install can make or break the product depending the right installer . As a certified Installer for 15 years ,and working for Clifford as a Tec I know . Im wondering how his connections were made . most likely very poor . As many installers know ,your factory Alarm should have been incorperated with the aftermarket remote starter / alarm . Hood pin ?? are we living in the 70's ?

what alarms do you prefer? I've installed just about everything out there and DEI is my favorite.....audiovox being the worst.....
Old 10-30-2005, 07:38 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by shapiro
Well Thanks Anyways, Anybody Know's The Best Deal For Clifford 3.5 Remote Start

I got my Clifford Matrix 3.5 installed at Autobacs for $500 out the door...and they did good work.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:21 PM

were can I find Autobacs, is it true they have to use the valet key?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:09 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by shapiro
were can I find Autobacs, is it true they have to use the valet key?
No, If I remember correctly, they installed a bypass for mine...
They are in Stanton: http://www.autobacsusa.com/
Old 10-31-2005, 01:05 AM

Our keys are "equipped" with a chip as all of us already know. Without it the car wont start. You can either purchase a module where it bypasses this and "fools" the ignition into thinking that the key is in the ignition when in reality its in your dash somewhere. Or you can save your $30 bucks and crack your key in half and take the chip out and glue it to the ignition, works the same way.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:04 AM

I did my own, works great better distance than the dei's and for FYI... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO TO THE DOORS FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN WINDOW ROLLDOWN...everything can be located at the BCM took me twelve hours did it nice and slow....
Old 10-31-2005, 07:24 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by 05MaXiMaMenG

couple shots of the hood pin.

id show you where my valet switch is at but thats my little secret.
Does a remote starter once installed make your cruise control no longer function???
Old 10-31-2005, 07:26 AM

Everything still fuctions. Unless something got screwed up...
Old 10-31-2005, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
No, If I remember correctly, they installed a bypass for mine...
They are in Stanton: http://www.autobacsusa.com/
COOL THANKS JSMITH I'LL CHECK THEM OUT!! DID THEY DO YOUR DECK OR JUST YOUR ALARM
Old 10-31-2005, 08:09 AM
*moderator*

Just my alarm..
Old 10-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i have had my remote start in for about a year now and i love it the only problem is if i turn it on and then shut it off with the remote start my headlights stay on unless i turn them off manualy, the other day i had my battery die on my b/c of that
Old 10-31-2005, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ac316scu
i have had my remote start in for about a year now and i love it the only problem is if i turn it on and then shut it off with the remote start my headlights stay on unless i turn them off manualy, the other day i had my battery die on my b/c of that
You need to have your installer "cut" the drivers door trigger "after" the door trigger to the alarm add a diode and then wire in your alarms neg pulse after shutdown (diode this as well). Mine works PERFECTLY
Old 10-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by -Sin-
You need to have your installer "cut" the drivers door trigger "after" the door trigger to the alarm add a diode and then wire in your alarms neg pulse after shutdown (diode this as well). Mine works PERFECTLY
I think my whole system is screwed up though because once i get in the car and put the key in after about 5 seconds all of my doors lock even if the key is in the igniton and on but only if i start the car with the remote first. idk what the deal is but i still love my max
Old 10-31-2005, 05:20 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

Originally Posted by ac316scu
I think my whole system is screwed up though because once i get in the car and put the key in after about 5 seconds all of my doors lock even if the key is in the igniton and on but only if i start the car with the remote first. idk what the deal is but i still love my max

You might want to check the manual. I had an alarm system that did that. I took it back only to find that it does it on default. I was able to program it not to lock. The installer told me that it was for protection from someone walking up and opening the door while you are in the car.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:21 PM

Why they rip your car apart? And why did it take 7 hours. Nissan did it for me in a half hour. Did you put security or something like that?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by -Sin-
This is interesting. I've got an appointment to get a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 installed this Saturday. Since I know next to nothing about alarm installation, does the quoted procedure effect the normal operation of the headlight auto shutoff. Then again, if this is not done, does the battery drain only occur if you start the car up remotely, the headlights come on and then shut it off remotely? I want to make sure I know what to mention to the installer.

Also, if anyone has any other tips, please chime in.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:47 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by BLAKE0072

I love your ASSumptions of his connections being poor. Im sure your one of the CC/BB is pure garbage stereotypers. Eh to each their own. Although I would Love for you to enlighten me as to why DEI is such garbage, furthermore Please point out the difference between Matrix,Python and Viper. This one I am DYING to hear.

BTW..next time you want to flame on someones thread, it will be your last post for awhile.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
I would Love for you to enlighten me as to why DEI is such garbage, furthermore Please point out the difference between Matrix,Python and Viper. This one I am DYING to hear.
+1. Subscribed for this explanation.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:21 PM

Uhh, I dont claim to know much about anything. But Doesn't *****Edited for Test Taking Purposes*****? Thought I read that somewhere? Anyone verify this? Sorry to break up your pissing contest there people...
Old 10-31-2005, 07:24 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by lclrod
Uhh, I dont claim to know much about anything. But Doesn't DEI make Matrix, Python, Viper and damn near every other major car alarm on the market? Thought I read that somewhere? Anyone verify this? Sorry to break up your pissing contest there people...
Yes your correct, thats why Im anxiously awaiting this guys reply.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
*moderator*

See left column...
http://www.directed.com/
Old 10-31-2005, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Yes your correct, thats why Im anxiously awaiting this guys reply.
Let me hide my answer then, lol. As I was.

Anyone know anything about this type of alarm? EBay The remotes look hot, dont know much about the actual alarm though. Thanks for the help....
Old 10-31-2005, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by boone
This is interesting. I've got an appointment to get a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 installed this Saturday. Since I know next to nothing about alarm installation, does the quoted procedure effect the normal operation of the headlight auto shutoff. Then again, if this is not done, does the battery drain only occur if you start the car up remotely, the headlights come on and then shut it off remotely? I want to make sure I know what to mention to the installer.

Also, if anyone has any other tips, please chime in.
The auto lights will work as normal. The procedure that I mentioned mimics the act of opening and closing the drivers door fooling the car into think you have left it. If it is note done, should the remote start time out or if you decide to shut down the engine from the remote the lights will stay on. Another thing that I have done is mentioned here...http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimate...=002070#000007, it does work. I used pins 14 and 11. Also note his pin 1 is opposite of what the service manual states so use his picture as reference. All your wiring can be attached at the BCM, triggers (door and trunk), defroster (pin 9 white wire) trunk pop, dome light and I used relays (2 one for each side)to power turn signals for alarm flash (Brighter than parking lights). For window roll down (fronts) you can use a relay if you wish. I did about two weeks of research before doing my own car. Primary web site used were the12volt.com and the link above. I have two sirens. A normal and a battery backup. I put the normal on the ledge underneath the brake booster (you'll need a 12 inch extention) and if you remove the cover over the drivers strut mount you'll notice two bolt holes. I made a mount that screws into that and attached my battery back up siren to it.

Quick Reply: Got A Remote Start Installed