6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Problems with center consel

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 05:19 PM

Problems with center consel

Has anyone else had any problems with the center consel getting loose and skweaking after some wear on it? Mine has gotten so bad that I now only drive with it down unless I have my stereo cranked to where I do not hear the skweaks. I was just wondering if there is a way to tighten up that center piece some how or not. The bummer part is that I took my car in to the dealership before the warranty expired and they claimed that there was nothing wrong with it - I swear those guys just say that to me most of the time to avoid the work!

D
Old 12-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If you mean the pocket on the bottom of the dash, there's a TSB to fix the door being loose IIRC. Look it up in the stickies.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

speal chek.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah, I think he means the pop-up arm rest thing... yeah, mine is pretty loose too. Truthfully, I don't use it really because it's so sloppy.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:22 PM

The problem with the center console is that the mechanism which raises it is all plastic, and, as has been stated is sloppy. The quick fix ,if you choose to use it ,is to rest your right elbow on it when you are going over rough roads.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:17 PM

get spaces with adhesive backing and stick them on the loose areas (i did the two outer corners) it would be alot more snug. i went to the dollar store and got some, so far no noise. for the lever to raise it up, i placed smaller ones in the crack, you can't tell there there.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:32 AM

i had that problem,

the pop up part is held in place by 4 screws, one in each cornern, somehow, due to all the pressure you (we all) put on the fron part of the lid, the rear screws come loose. i took mine apart and went to advance autoparts, took the piece inside and tested for screws that fitted just right, since the screws go into the plastic, i didnt want screws too big ro ruin the plastic or worse, to go to the other side..so it was a $4.50 fix. i was not happy though,. to know i had a 30 some thousand dollars car and had to fix that lil piece...so i found some time, made and appointment to go to the dealer, minutes before my appointment, i removed the screws, made sure it was realllllllly loose and went to the dealer. the people in the dealer were like oh wow..yeah thats llooose...ok, just go to the front pick up your keys and we'll call you when the new piece comes in...they didnt even try to fix it, they just ordered me a new one, couple of tdays later, they got the part, made an apptmnt and got that lid replaced... service at the dealer i go is outstanding only for some azxholes eveerybody is focused to offer madd customer service. so yeah, you can fix it or get it replace... not that hard to fix it yourself...let me know if you need a guide...

luigi
Old 12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by luigi'smax
i had that problem,

the pop up part is held in place by 4 screws, one in each cornern, somehow, due to all the pressure you (we all) put on the fron part of the lid, the rear screws come loose. i took mine apart and went to advance autoparts, took the piece inside and tested for screws that fitted just right, since the screws go into the plastic, i didnt want screws too big ro ruin the plastic or worse, to go to the other side..so it was a $4.50 fix. i was not happy though,. to know i had a 30 some thousand dollars car and had to fix that lil piece...so i found some time, made and appointment to go to the dealer, minutes before my appointment, i removed the screws, made sure it was realllllllly loose and went to the dealer. the people in the dealer were like oh wow..yeah thats llooose...ok, just go to the front pick up your keys and we'll call you when the new piece comes in...they didnt even try to fix it, they just ordered me a new one, couple of tdays later, they got the part, made an apptmnt and got that lid replaced... service at the dealer i go is outstanding only for some azxholes eveerybody is focused to offer madd customer service. so yeah, you can fix it or get it replace... not that hard to fix it yourself...let me know if you need a guide...

luigi
Can you do a write up on the fix and have it put in the stickeys. Some members are past warranty and this would help.

Thanks
Warren
Old 12-08-2005, 09:21 AM

ummm...will work on that today...i dunno about pics since my phone has been acting up but ill come up with something...

luigi
Old 12-09-2005, 05:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Luigi, did you get a chance to do this write up?
Old 12-09-2005, 07:24 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by luigi'smax
ummm...will work on that today...i dunno about pics since my phone has been acting up but ill come up with something...

luigi
If you live in NYC I can take the pictures for you.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by ramberg
If you live in NYC I can take the pictures for you.

thank you for the offer...i am in virginia now though...i go to ny most weekends (not this one though) i asked my friend for his camera he told me he'll get it for me monday so... yeah...monday.

Luigi
Old 12-10-2005, 04:25 PM
GrandPa

OK no problem. I will be passing thru Va. on my way to Fl. near the end of the month.