6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Cops Hassle Over Tint

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 06:11 AM

Cops Hassle Over Tint

Well this morning on the way to work I got pulled over for my illegal tint. Damn pigs ain't got nothing better to do.

What experience have you had with cops???
Old 01-21-2006, 06:33 AM

I was waiting at the passenger pickup outside the airport for my wife when this cop walks up and i'm thinking he's gonna tell me to leave and circle the airport as it's illegal to stay parked there for an extended period of time.

Well, i had just washed and waxed up the Max (lookin sweet i might add), and i'm like "oh cr@p, i'm gonna have circle the damn airport!... " he walks over, looks inside, outside, pauses, and says... "Nice car", then walks away... Ain't that some ****!... NEVER had THAT happen!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My last experience cost me four bills for speeding..... ....I blame that stupid bell laser/radar detector with the low volume alert. I got a Cobra now that I can hear over my stereo even when I have it turned up to 23.

Illegal tint? What percent you runnin? I have 20% all the way around.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:45 AM
westler92

Usually I have had bad experiences with cops..........

I was in a newspaper about 3 years ago when I got pulled over by a cop and I was issued a ticket. Only problem was, was that a few of his cop buddies were in a shoot-out less than 2 blocks away. I noticed the time the ticket was issued and the time the shoot-out occurred the next day as I recalled being in that area. I called the local newspaper up the next day and showed them my ticket. As a consequence the cop lost his job and the last time I saw him he was working mall security gunless.

But I am not going to go on a cop bashing rant as there are good ones out there as well as bad ones. And to label them all as bad is just as wrong to label any other "group" in society bad.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by SmokedOutMaxi
Well this morning on the way to work I got pulled over for my illegal tint. Damn pigs ain't got nothing better to do.

Yeah, its the cops fault you have illegal tint.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:59 AM

I was in Chicago and 2 officers stopped at the gas station to admire my Max. One of the officers told me to step on it when I left so he could show his partner how fast the Max was. First time I was ever given permission to do a burn out.

Remember if the cops can't see in you car they may approach you with guns a drawn.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm waiting on tickets for the taillight tints now.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by SmokeMaximus
I'm waiting on tickets for the taillight tints now.
Then don't be surprised, and don't blame the "pigs". You started your post by saying you have illegal tints, so don't blame the cops!
Old 01-21-2006, 07:29 AM

I've got 2 stories:

I got pulled over for speeding once. My buddy and I were racing to the beach one night about 11:00 PM. Traffic was almost non-existant. Thankfully the cop caught me when I slowed down to 90, or it would have been a felony. I went to court to argue the violation down to a lower speed, but during the cop's testomony, he said I was driving a pick-up truck! I looked at the judge, showed him my ticket that said I was in a Ford Probe, and told him it was a case of missidentification. And it was dismissed.

The other day, my co-worker was "pulled over" in our work parking lot for not having a front licesence plate. Petty. She parked her car, then got out. At that time the cop pulled into the parking lot and blocked in her VW Bug like she was some bank robber who was going to make a fast break. Then gave her some crap about following her for 2 miles and that she never checked her mirrors. She lives 5 blocks away from work (0.75 miles)!!! She told him, "What ever buddy" and "I've never had a front license plate, its never had a mounting bracket for one." He left all puffed up like he was bad-*** in his PT Cruiser cop car without issuing a ticket.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:50 AM

I've been pulled over many times. The first time ever was when this Maxima was rarely seen on the streets I got pulled over in a gas station. Cop came towards me and asked if he can see the car inside that he loved how this car looked. Than the other times about 3 times for speeding and one time for my accident.

This statement is so idiotic in many ways. Don't hate the fact that they're doing their jobs. Anyone who has anything illegal in their cars which in my case are tints and the flip down tv in the front knows the risk(s) that there is when you do it. So for you to get pissed about it and try to blame the cops for it it's . Man up, take all the blame and stop crying only because the 'pigs' were doing what they were supposed to.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:35 AM

Tint should not be illegal....no matter how dark

In my opinion.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by 2k4MaximaSE
Anyone who has anything illegal in their cars.... knows the risk(s) that there is when you do it.
I agree, luckily I have never gotten a ticket for tints, but been pulled over many times.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:06 PM
SuPeRmOd

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=451385
original thread??
Old 01-21-2006, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Apollos2
My last experience cost me four bills for speeding..... ....I blame that stupid bell laser/radar detector with the low volume alert. I got a Cobra now that I can hear over my stereo even when I have it turned up to 23.
Yeah, because we all know it's not that you were speeding, it's that damn low volume radar detector's fault...

Old 01-21-2006, 02:58 PM

Man I feel your pain!!!!! I got pulled ove 3 days ago for my tints!!!!!!
Its funny cause hes telling he likes my max, and he never seen on that fixed up around his area.

He just gave a fix it ticket to get them removed. What an a**!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 9Nails
He left in his PT Cruiser cop car without issuing a ticket.
PT Cruiser cop car!?!?

Only in California.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:35 PM

I've been pulled over many times. The first time ever was when this Maxima was rarely seen on the streets I got pulled over in a gas station. Cop came towards me and asked if he can see the car inside that he loved how this car looked. Than the other times about 3 times for speeding and one time for my accident.
A little OT but you posted your driving stats.... Wow, 4 run-ins with the cops in 7 years of driving!? I'm not preaching but you seem proud of your driving history. Below is part of a story just released this week on a decade long study of accident statistics.

The latest data released by the AAA says nearly two-thirds of the victims in fatal crashes involving young drivers are their passengers, pedestrians or victims in other cars, according to an analysis released Wednesday. The study released Wednesday found that drivers age 15 to 17 were involved in crashes that killed 30,917 people in the past decade. About a third of those killed were teen drivers. Another third were their passengers. A quarter were occupants of other vehicles. The rest -- about 8 percent -- were non-motorists, including pedestrians and bicyclists. The whole story can be found at http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/13660742.htm
Old 01-21-2006, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by viguera
Yeah, because we all know it's not that you were speeding, it's that damn low volume radar detector's fault...

Come'on can't I even bash my radar detector... Of course I know I was speeding, I don't even blame the police. How could I? But I am real curious to know if the Bel laser detector went off when they clocked the car ahead of me. I could have slowed down if it had (and it was louder). Cause I know I didn't hear it when the clocked me, and for any who don't know, if the detector alerts when they clock you, it's too late.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
A little OT but you posted your driving stats.... Wow, 4 run-ins with the cops in 7 years of driving!? I'm not preaching but you seem proud of your driving history. Below is part of a story just released this week on a decade long study of accident statistics.

The latest data released by the AAA says nearly two-thirds of the victims in fatal crashes involving young drivers are their passengers, pedestrians or victims in other cars, according to an analysis released Wednesday. The study released Wednesday found that drivers age 15 to 17 were involved in crashes that killed 30,917 people in the past decade. About a third of those killed were teen drivers. Another third were their passengers. A quarter were occupants of other vehicles. The rest -- about 8 percent -- were non-motorists, including pedestrians and bicyclists. The whole story can be found at http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/13660742.htm

No, I'm not proud as a matter of fact I hate the fact that I've been pulled over as many times as I have but atleast is not like if I'm blaming a cop for having his radar gun out when I got caught or something. Was just nearly stating those run-ins because that's what this topic is about. As far as the stats are concerned I am/was aware of that especially with people in my age group, the highest risk of fatalities, not to mention the #1 killer in my group. As I said I'm not glorifying my 3-4 speeding tickets, but at the same time I'm not blaming the cops who pulled me over for doing what they're suppose to do.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Apollos2
Cause I know I didn't hear it when the clocked me, and for any who don't know, if the detector alerts when they clock you, it's too late.
Only if your laser alert goes, its too late

Any other type of radar and your detector would of let you know
Old 01-21-2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by rsly33
Only if your laser alert goes, its too late

Any other type of radar and your detector would of let you know

Agreed on the laser portion, but the key part of my statement is "when they clock you". Once the clock you, it's over. No matter how loud the detector is going off.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Majestic_MAx05
Man I feel your pain!!!!! I got pulled ove 3 days ago for my tints!!!!!!
Its funny cause hes telling he likes my max, and he never seen on that fixed up around his area.

He just gave a fix it ticket to get them removed. What an a**!!!
You two are fuccing morons. Why would you start a thread bashing the people, who protect us everyday, for doing their jobs?! Theres nothing I hate more than those who constantly disrespect and bad-mouth police. Go take your tint and your pathetic problems and shove 'em up your @$$.

If you're gonna break the law, have the ***** to own up to it and not blame other people for what you did.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Then don't be surprised, and don't blame the "pigs". You started your post by saying you have illegal tints, so don't blame the cops!
Hey smart a$$ I dont have any illegal tints on my car. No taillight tints etc. and I didn't say anything about pigs.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:50 PM

Right before i got my MAX, liek right before it, i was in my truck and i was doing about 30 in a 25, and i was going around an s curve and up a little hill where i saw a police motorcycle parked on the oppisite side and a cop in teh middle of the road. I look down and notice my speed about 31, and i let off the gas and apply the break a little. The Cop bent down, and picked up his radar, and my Detector Blazed LAZER ALERT!! Look down and i was going about 28, and he flags me over.. I AM LIKE WTF!! Ok, i was speeding, but i wasnt pissed off until he said i was going 35. There was a White SUV that passed me going the other way, and i think he poped him instead. MotherF@$%@@$@#$%@#$... I was honest with him and told him that i was speeding but when he popped me he must have gottent he other driver. That wasnt all, he said that i lied about where i lived, when i clearly stated where my new address was. He was being a real MotherF;er. I made a complaint, about his attitude, and i wasnt the only person that made a compliant about that day. When i left my friends apt. an hour and a half later, he was still standing in the road with 2 more people pulled over, at the same time, and when i was leaving he popped another. So three of them was out there.. The people living in the apt's where out on thier balconies laughing, and some where really pissed off at the cop. Most lived right in that apt complex. When i left i went 5 miles per hour and leared at him the whole time. I know that was wrong but i was REALLY PISSED OFF.. It was on a weekend and i bet he was pissed he had to work.. I do not have any probs with cops, but some are really MF's... I only got a warning from a female cop, never with any males.. I think they were jealous of my cars.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:48 PM

yo whut the hell???? I was just posting to see what other peoples experience were with cops. i ain't crying about anything. It just sucks i got a ticket thats it. closed the thread if yall want to be *****es about it.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:02 PM

No, I'm not proud as a matter of fact I hate the fact that I've been pulled over as many times as I have but atleast is not like if I'm blaming a cop for having his radar gun out when I got caught or something. Was just nearly stating those run-ins because that's what this topic is about. As far as the stats are concerned I am/was aware of that especially with people in my age group, the highest risk of fatalities, not to mention the #1 killer in my group. As I said I'm not glorifying my 3-4 speeding tickets, but at the same time I'm not blaming the cops who pulled me over for doing what they're suppose to do.
That's cool, I think we all tend to have a lead foot when we're younger but it sure is a pain in the wallet for the ticket and insurance. As a parent I am sad to read almost every day about how another family is destroyed b/c their kids were killed in an auto accident. I hope I never get that call. Let's keep it safe out there while we still enjoy our cars.

In the wild west, when men with guns would sit behind bushes and rob you of your money they were called bandits now they are called highway patrol. I am all for the police to patrol our streets to keep us safe but I do hate it when I hear stories of people getting tickets for doing 71 in a 65. Yeah its speeding but most likely just keeping up with the flow of traffic. I actually had a friend that was driving in LA about 15 years ago while there on vacation and he was doing 55 in a 55 and he got ticketed for impeding traffic!!! I don't mind it when they pop the guy doing 110 and weaving in and out of traffic like it was Daytona.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:04 PM

Back to the 'pigs aint got nuthin better to do than pull a vehicle over for tint' post that began this thread.

In the 26 or so followup posts, I never saw a mention of why the 'pigs' enforce the tint law.

Tint laws came into existence for one reason: policemen were being brutally murdered when approaching vehicles with tint because they were unable to see gunmen inside due to the tint.

We are fortunate any level of tint is allowed. Every degree of tint permitted reduces the safety factor for law enforcement officers who often have to approach vehicles at night in lonely and dangerous areas.

Be glad I have no say-so with tint laws. Were I in charge, only a polarizing material that did not block a view into the vehicle would be permitted. To permit otherwise is effectively giving the perps first shot at officers from point-blank range.

Some tend to view officers from an adversarial position. Unfortunately, this sometimes stems from an unpleasant encounter with an officer who did not handle a specific situation in a professional manner.

We must realize most jurisdictions have difficulty filling these dangerous jobs, and sometimes hire less-than-desirable candidates. If you are not handled properly, report your experience in writing in clear and concise language to the appropriate authority. In most cases, your report will receive attention. If a particular officer draws repeated complaints, he will be terminated.

Keep in mind that there are several million totally heartless and worthless thugs in this country, and an even larger contingent who obey the law only in fear of being caught if they break it. Without a fairly intense upholding of laws by the brave 'pigs' we tend to sometimes denigrate, our society would soon be reduced to a condition where one would not be able to travel from point 'A' to point 'B', or even be safe in our homes.

I prefer to give the 'pigs' every bit of help I possibly can. I note any suspicious activity anywhere anytime. I jot down license numbers if something strikes me as even slightly unusual.

I note any overhead message boards showing the license number of a wanted vehicle, and watch for that vehicle. I write down the license numbers sometimes given on the TV news as being wanted, usually for kidnapping, used in a robbery, etc, and carry that with me in the car for several days.

When passing a car that has been pulled over by an officer, I slow down so as to not risk striking the officer, and make a careful note of the car and its occupant(s). In Georgia, if there are more than two lanes moving in the direction you are traveling, you are required to slow down and leave the lane next to the officer's car vacant if you can possibly move left.

When approaching a license and sobriety check at night, I turn on the interior overhead light well before I reach the officer. This gives him a full view inside the car, and will almost always cause him to relax and move his hand from his gunbelt. All he wants is to protect good citizens from drunk drivers and perps, then get home to his wife and children alive when his shift ends.

Law enforcement operates in a frustrating environment. They can only do so much. They can't be everywhere at all times. But if every citizen acted as an extension of law enforcement, remained ever vigilant, reporting very suspicious activity as it is happening, we would have a much safer society in which to live.

In order that this not seem too much like preaching, I will admit it took me many many years to reach the point at which I became fully aware that rigorous law enforcement is all that enables me (and any citizen) to have this enjoyable life.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Back to the 'pigs aint got nuthin better to do than pull a vehicle over for tint' post that began this thread.

In order that this not seem too much like preaching, I will admit it took me many many years to reach the point at which I became fully aware that rigorous law enforcement is all that enables me (and any citizen) to have this enjoyable life.
Light, thank you for speaking the truth. (I also agree with your position on tint.) I hope those of us who are/have been 'pig-bashers" realize that there are individuals in EVERY profession that are doing an unsatisfactory job and should be either remediated or fired, including doctors, lawyers, judges, teachers, principals, mechanics, salespeople, etc. We live in an imperfect world that contains many imperfect people. What can we do about it? Live the best life that we can and try to set a positive example for ourselves and others and our kids.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:46 AM

PIGS EVERYWHERE I LIVE. THEY HASSLE OVER FOR EVERY LITTLE SHIET..

THEY USED TO HAVE CHECK POINT. PULLED OVER MY FRIEND FOR HAVING MUFFLER. SO MANY PEOPLE GOT TICKETED.

AFTER THAT, I TOOK OF MY FRONT TINT. NOW IT LOOKS LITTLE AWKWARD.
TAKING OFF TINT IS NOT THAT HARD. IT TOOK ME ABOUT 15MIN. ALL I NEED WAS RAZOR AND SOME SOAP WATER.

WUT A WASTE OF MONEY MAN. TINT PROBABLY COST YOU LIKE A BILL. JUST WONDERING HOW DARK WAS YOUR TINT. %?
Old 01-22-2006, 05:50 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

I have been pulled over for tint in the past. My tint on my car now is 20% which is illegal. Every state has tint laws some are more liberal than others. Is is a chance you take when you tint the windows. If your tint is illegal then you have to swallow the loss and keep moving. It's a fine line that you walk with the windows tinted. I was pulled over a few months ago for speeding. The cop came up to me and tld me why he was giving me the ticket. He was right and I was wrong. He didn't say a thing about my tint. I like to have my car tinted for privacy reasons. When I am driving at night I don't want some idiot to look in my carand see that I'm by myself. Most carjackings happen when you are in the car by yourself.

From a police perspective I understand there fear of walking up on a car with the windows that are dark. It's a calculated risk.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by SmokeMaximus
Hey smart a$$ I dont have any illegal tints on my car. No taillight tints etc. and I didn't say anything about pigs.
I think he thought you were the original poster. I had to look twice because your sigs are almost identical.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:44 AM

Too Much Experience with the Cops

over my years (I am 24) I have had many police situations. But regarding Tints, I have been pulled over about 5 different times and I have removed and replaced my tints about 3 times in 2 years when I had my 1995 maxima. Now on my 6th gen, I have 35% tint and that is considered borderline here in CT.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:44 AM

I got pulled over for tint and then he gave me the shopping list and towed my car, that ****!! Dont get me started on cops. I have light tint on my drivers window and when the sunroof cover is open, it barely looks like tint and u can see in ,so there is no "officer safety" issue. Azzholes!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 10:39 AM

I not trying to bash on cops. My bad on the words. I know there are some good cops out there. Again my bad on the choice of words.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by 2002 Maxima SE
Yeah, its the cops fault you have illegal tint.
That's why I have MD state Legal. No Hasseles, no worries, can't bust on the cops...
Old 01-22-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by majestic_maxi
"Nice car", then walks away... Ain't that some ****!... NEVER had THAT happen!
You should have said.. thanks.. how do you like my tint?
Old 01-22-2006, 12:16 PM

Ive been rolling with 20% all around for almost 3 years with no problems.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:05 PM

Hello everyone, I'm a proud new owner of a 06 Winter Frost Maxima, I'm looking for a nice tint for my windows, Any sugestions, what brand????
I have been told if I use metalic tint I will have reception problems with the radio and the bluetooth, I believe 3M Color Stable Window Film will be the best choice, but I have trouble finding an authorise dealer from 3M here in Miami or Hialeah.
What tint you guys used and any problems with reception with the radio?????

Thanks everyone
Old 01-22-2006, 06:13 PM

5% tints all around and 32% on the front windshield....
cost $110.00 to put on.......
Pulled over in bumper to bumper traffic 5 mph.....and had to remove front windshield tint on the side of the expressway....and got away with a warning.......PRICELESS!!
Old 01-22-2006, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by jorgep03
Hello everyone, I'm a proud new owner of a 06 Winter Frost Maxima, I'm looking for a nice tint for my windows, Any sugestions, what brand????
I have been told if I use metalic tint I will have reception problems with the radio and the bluetooth, I believe 3M Color Stable Window Film will be the best choice, but I have trouble finding an authorise dealer from 3M here in Miami or Hialeah.
What tint you guys used and any problems with reception with the radio?????

Thanks everyone
Welcome to the org!!
I live in miami..
Go to Tints and More..by the Falls..ask for Tony he is the owner....best tinter in Miami..uses the best film....Lumar... Phone # 305 380 0303. I have had 12 cars tintes by him....he is perfect..
Jon

Quick Reply: Cops Hassle Over Tint