6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

What do you guys see??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:58 AM
RVC
Donating Maxima.org Member

What do you guys see??

I am just trying to get a general concensus on what kind of people do you see driving 6th gen Maxima's in your area. Such as mostly men, women, older, younger, etc. Not to mention how many enthusiasts do you see on your local roads. You can tell who's into thier Max and who's not! Here in the Hampton Roads area Virginia beach in particular, I see mostly older women driving Maximas...and very few enthusiasts. I look at every Maxima I see on the road, weather it be stock or not, and all generations too.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:10 PM
MDS

I see mostly women, in their 30s and 40s. I get the impression that most people see the Maxima as a nice family car, which it is. If you are looking for other modified, enthusiast Maximas, there’s not too many of us out there. I think it is safe to say that dedicated car enthusiasts represent less than 5% of the general public. Most people don’t understand cars, let alone have a passion for them. Because the Maxima is a 4-door car, it doesn’t attract too many of the limited enthusiast segment. In a way, that might be good for us. It makes what we do just a little more special.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:16 PM

I have only seen a Maxima.org member's car out on the road three times in four years (other than at meets, of course). You're right, they are mostly older people in their 40s or 50s. With they way they're priced now, it's not something most young folks can swallow easily.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've seen mostly older women (40's-50's) driving around. But I've also seen a younger guy who had 20's on his ride. Besides that, my car is the only few max's I've seen that is modded.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:00 PM

I usually see women in their 40's and have just seen one 6th gen with rims. Most don't even have tint. I doubt if I've ever driven past an Org member either.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:19 PM
SHIFT_this

Most of the time I see older people, maybe 40's -50's I've only once since joining the Org spotted another org member and that was recently.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:20 PM

being in brooklyn i do notice some younger kids around my age 22 etc driving them, 9 out of 10 times its there parents car ( not in my case -=D)....now besides the occasional rims and/or grille...I never see ( or here) any modded ones such as exhuast, intakes etc...so I'm one of kind...I know ramberg is floating around out there somewhere close and we happen to have the same color...but I never actually seen his car in person.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Cool Member

Mostly people age around 30-40s in my area, some of them have mods, usually wheels or grill. I've seen one orange Maxima with nice wheel and everything is just orange, I guess that guy like orange color.

logik05se, I have the same color too
Old 02-08-2006, 03:56 PM
RVC

Originally Posted by MDS
I see mostly women, in their 30s and 40s. I get the impression that most people see the Maxima as a nice family car, which it is. If you are looking for other modified, enthusiast Maximas, there’s not too many of us out there. I think it is safe to say that dedicated car enthusiasts represent less than 5% of the general public. Most people don’t understand cars, let alone have a passion for them. Because the Maxima is a 4-door car, it doesn’t attract too many of the limited enthusiast segment. In a way, that might be good for us. It makes what we do just a little more special.
Yeah, I agree with you...
Old 02-08-2006, 04:09 PM

i usually spot women in between the ages 30-40.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by lowkey122
I usually see women in their 40's and have just seen one 6th gen with rims. Most don't even have tint. I doubt if I've ever driven past an Org member either.
Me too. I've seen like 3 older ladies in their 40-50's. One guy about 30 in a stock SE. Its kinda surprising to me. I haven't seen any with rims on Maxima's here in Denver. I was standing out when I had my chromed OEMs on there.

I have seen a couple of them with tint but no grill upgrades or exhausts or dropped. As far as I know there is only one other org member in Denver. I gotta start passing out .org stickers.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:11 PM

Well I for one work with a women who is 70 and has one, my neighbor also, but he is in his late 30's like myself. I see mostly middle aged a few young ones once in a while. The only modded one I saw had a billet grille and tints, thats about it.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:28 PM
SuPeRmOd

Only silver haired folk drive them around here that I've seen. I would when I see their reaction that I'm driving one (some say I look like I'm still 18). Needless to say I kinda have the same (yet opposite) reaction about them

Otherwise a "middle aged" driver in a rental occassionally. The count at Hershey Corp. (same lot as my gym) is 4. One was a rental.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:44 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

old folks!

thats why we have no hard core mods.....lol
Old 02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

The Irony is, every comment posted is by a younger person...
Old 02-08-2006, 05:00 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

mostly in the 20s lol.....
Old 02-08-2006, 06:14 PM

for the most part i've seen all older people, 30+. once in a blue moon i spot someone younger.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:30 PM

there are 6 in my sub division and with the exception of mine and the guy next door every one else is over 50.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:40 PM

Because of price, I would say if you want a higher numbers of 30 and below drivers, the question needs to be asked in the 4th-5th gen threads...
Old 02-08-2006, 06:42 PM

it depends on what generation, really....i mean, when i see a 4th gen, 9 times out of 10 it is a younger male driving it (teens or twenties)...i see a lot of middle aged women driving the 5th gens, but i still see some young men and women driving them as well....as for the 6th gens, i have yet to see a younger person behind the wheel of one...i mostly see older men, but i think they're just too expensive still to cater to the younger crowd...i've seen many modded maximas (mostly 4th gens), and on three different occasions, the driver gave me a thumbs up
Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Mass_Media™

I haven't seen one modded 6th gen They are all middle age men or older woman.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:44 PM

mostly people in their 30's and 40's here. The only modded "enthusiast" maximas I have seen are 3 4th gens and 1 88 2nd gen, mine is the only 86 2nd gen that I have seen modded at all here in L.A.(most are battered and mistreated) The furthest most go is tint on their windows
Old 02-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

Yes I indeed feel like im the youngest in a pretty big radius at 24....mostly people atleast mid 30's. Which makes sense..Modded...never, i think my hood bra and grille make it the most modded one around here. As it ages, younger people will own it...it all comes down to money.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
I wonder where they could all be hiding???
Old 02-08-2006, 08:06 PM

i see people who love this car....drive it..
Old 02-08-2006, 08:17 PM

i have see some around here 40-50 but let me tell you one thing.. every thursday eveyone meet with their rides and i been going that place for 5 weeks continue and i haven't see a maxima there yet i'm the only one jajaj so PROUD of it and i went to MOROSO like 2 times and i haven't see maxima racing 1/4 me the only one.... 14.9 stock muaaaa
Old 02-08-2006, 08:20 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by SEGirl
i have see some around here 40-50 but let me tell you one thing.. every thursday eveyone meet with their rides and i been going that place for 5 weeks continue and i haven't see a maxima there yet i'm the only one jajaj so PROUD of it and i went to MOROSO like 2 times and i haven't see maxima racing 1/4 me the only one.... 14.9 stock muaaaa
Old 02-08-2006, 08:22 PM

Old 02-08-2006, 08:32 PM

Living just three miles or so from a big Nissan dealer, I see the 6th gens every day everywhere I go. But often, they are four to six lanes away, and I don't dare take my eyes off the road long enough to check out the driver.

When sitting in restaurants, I see them going by. But again, I'm not close enough to check out the driver. I have yet to see a modded 6th gen in this county.

Living in the county that has the highest per capita income in the state, there are not many folks in their twenties living here; almost no apartments, and homes are too expensive.

For that matter, I don't see as many in their thirties as I would most places. So the reality is that the average age of 6th gen drivers here may be fairly high. I voted in the Stevenson-Eisenhower election in 1952 if that gives you a clue as to my age.

Whenever I stray up toward Atlanta, I see all ages and both sexes driving the 6th gen. But I have never seen an org bumper sticker, and very seldom see any mods, other than wheels.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Newbie just Registered

I see older men and women....... I'm 35...... I see younger men and women....... I'm still 35..... for now.....
Old 02-08-2006, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Living just three miles or so from a big Nissan dealer, I see the 6th gens every day everywhere I go. But often, they are four to six lanes away, and I don't dare take my eyes off the road long enough to check out the driver.

When sitting in restaurants, I see them going by. But again, I'm not close enough to check out the driver. I have yet to see a modded 6th gen in this county.

Living in the county that has the highest per capita income in the state, there are not many folks in their twenties living here; almost no apartments, and homes are too expensive.

For that matter, I don't see as many in their thirties as I would most places. So the reality is that the average age of 6th gen drivers here may be fairly high. I voted in the Stevenson-Eisenhower election in 1952 if that gives you a clue as to my age.

Whenever I stray up toward Atlanta, I see all ages and both sexes driving the 6th gen. But I have never seen an org bumper sticker, and very seldom see any mods, other than wheels.
Wow, 73-74 yrs young, good on you Sir...
Old 02-09-2006, 01:01 AM

out here in Los Angeles, the only people who drive the Maxima are older 30+ year old men and women.. for the most part you do not see many of them with tinted windows ... but there are a lot that are on 20" chrome rims.. which are always nice to see..
Old 02-09-2006, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mass_Media

HAVEN'T SEEN ONE MODDED 6TH GEN???

TIME FOR ME TO POST SOME PIX.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Banned

I hope this is someone who speaks english as a second language
Old 02-09-2006, 05:10 AM

Actually down here in Miami it's a bit rare compared to the others who have responded. I've mainly seen women in their 40's-50's with this car but at the same time I've seen the same amount if not slightly more younger people 20's-30's with this car as well. The young people are mainly guys, but not to far off you see females within that age range driving the Maxima's. I guess down here in Miami it doesn't matter how old you are, as long as a car is reliable and looks good, it's on the streets.

As someone mentioned and as I've said many times in the past this car really isn't the type to get tricked out with numerous mods for performance. Nissan obviously has shifted their attention with the 6th gens more towards a luxury feel than a car where you can buy aftermarket parts anywhere with a click of a mouse. Of course, like any luxury car you do get the performance, but at the same time you have a limited option of aftermarket parts.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by RVC
I am just trying to get a general concensus on what kind of people do you see driving 6th gen Maxima's in your area. Such as mostly men, women, older, younger, etc. Not to mention how many enthusiasts do you see on your local roads. You can tell who's into thier Max and who's not! Here in the Hampton Roads area Virginia beach in particular, I see mostly older women driving Maximas...and very few enthusiasts. I look at every Maxima I see on the road, weather it be stock or not, and all generations too.
Yup...I see the same older crowd here in Va Beach. Very few of us young'ns. I dont care, I still get the stares and compliments.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:16 AM

Not many modded 6th gen Max's in San Diego. Mostly just mid 30's and up as for owners. I think in the almost 3 yrs that I have owned my car I have seen exactly another 3 that had maybe rims and tint.

Cool with me though, everytime I take my ride into the dealership for service they are always loving my max.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:49 AM
RVC

Originally Posted by BLAXIMA2K4
Yup...I see the same older crowd here in Va Beach. Very few of us young'ns. I dont care, I still get the stares and compliments.
I can imagine you do get alot of compliments. Your Maxima is sweet!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Newbie just Registered

My wife went out w/ her girl friends one night w/ my car before it was lowered. She said guys (I ssumed younger than 30, women...) came up to her and commented that she was driving your boyfriend's car. I do notice that most women drive either SL or SE w/ less than DPP(no leather or spoiler), while most men are in SEs w/ DPP's (or a spoiler).
Old 02-09-2006, 10:14 AM

Alrighty, I can say then that I am not the 'norm'. I am a female, 31 y/o and 5'2". I drive an '05' SL winter Frost Pearl WITH the DPP (Bose, Xenon's, Sunroof and Heated wheel, right?).

I chose this car out for a couple of reasons:
My husband 'preffered' I drive a minivan for our girls' sake (almost 13 y/o and 10 y/o). After 7 years of that, I was DONE! He said, "Go ahead and get what you want." At one point, on vacation, I rented an Altima with the 3.5. I was floored at it's power, and told him that when we trade the Quest, I am going to get one of these. I found I liked the Max MUCH more. I wanted the white one and they only had one white one left with all the options I wanted, so I bought it, and yes, it was an SL.

My tints will be done next Wednesday. As for modding.....not sure I need to do much more to her. 18's would be nice, but I am just as happy with the 17's. AS far as wheel gap, I noticed that shortly after I bought it, and yes, the front end drives me nuts. I am still new to 'mods' and hope to one day have something done with the suspension, just nervous to mess with a car that is $30k. (and still under warranty).

I do, however, have a WWW.Maxima.Org adhesive banner across the back that was made for me. If I knew how to post pictures, I would.

I do see more 30's and up in the 6th gens then any other age group. The few young kids I see, I make sure to say 'hello' and encourage them to visit the multiple websites that I visit. There is my $.08.

Quick Reply: What do you guys see??