6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

What do you guys see??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by RHMax
My wife went out w/ her girl friends one night w/ my car before it was lowered. She said guys (I ssumed younger than 30, women...) came up to her and commented that she was driving your boyfriend's car. I do notice that most women drive either SL or SE w/ less than DPP(no leather or spoiler), while most men are in SEs w/ DPP's (or a spoiler).
RH Max, I would assume that men also think I am driving my sweethearts car, except that I have a personalized tag with my name on it. According to your post, I missed that the DPP is the Leather and Spoiler, and I do have those as well. Boy do I love this car. I haul exotics for a living and yet, I own this.....That says a lot!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey, just for the record 40-year old women are not old!!!

Jane
Old 02-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
I hope this is someone who speaks english as a second language
Well, that's tacky to say. People learning a second language pay alot of attention to what they are writing... that's one of your monolingual confused folk.

On topic... I see few 6th gens around here that have anything past a dealer license plate frame. My neighbor got bit by my Max and she bought a gold one and she put a bra, wind deflector, and big spoiler on hers. She honks and waves whenever she drives by. She upgraded from a 4 cylinder Accord LX... I bet she now thinks she's driving a rocket.

I don't see many that are modded beyond that.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by missjane
Hey, just for the record 40-year old women are not old!!!

Jane
Yeah, what she said...
Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 PM

Forty? Old?

Heck, at my age, I find plenty of sixty year old women that look super. Some women just 'have it', no matter their age.

Also, at my age, I am not into 'modding'.

But I am into practicality, hence I added an OEM sunroof wind deflector, OEM splash guards, rainguards over the windows, hard black rubber molding (1" wide, 1/2 inch thick) around all four wheel wells (prevents dings), a Nissan hard rubber compartmentalized cargo unit that stretches across the entire width of the inside of the trunk, a solid black (no writing) license plate frame, etc.

In the cargo container, I have heavy duty jumper cables, a set of tools, folding roadside reflectors, raingear, caps, bucket, sponges, etc for washing the car while on trips, plastic eating utensils, rolls of paper towels, a battery powered flashlight, a hand-crank flashlight, plastic bags, Maxima Owner's Manuals set (takes up too much room in the glovebox), an extra can of motor oil, drinking water, a few cans of emergency rations, a Xantrex Xpower Powerpack 400 Plus for jumpstarting vehicles, inflating tires, providing emergency light, etc.

For some trips, we add things like 'duck' shoes or hiking boots, folding chairs, etc.

'Practicality' could be my middle name. I am practical to the point of nauseous obsession.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:44 AM

yea to tell you the truth most of the compliments i get are from the older crowd. the younger crowd is full of haters.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:12 AM

Wow, this thread sure brought out the diversity. Hey 4MYSwee, I felt like I was reading my own writing, difference would the my age, I'm 45. I had a Quest also and was totally tired of the minivan/suv thing. I love my Maxima and it's white too!!! Mine is an SE, I wanted the sport suspension.

In my area I see mostly folks my age, only once have I seen one with a different grill. When my warranty runs out, and parts need to be replace, then I will go for the mods. (better suspension, better exhaust, etc) Right now all I have is a Trenze grill and window tint.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Forty? Old?

Heck, at my age, I find plenty of sixty year old women that look super. Some women just 'have it', no matter their age.

Also, at my age, I am not into 'modding'.

But I am into practicality, hence I added an OEM sunroof wind deflector, OEM splash guards, rainguards over the windows, hard black rubber molding (1" wide, 1/2 inch thick) around all four wheel wells (prevents dings), a Nissan hard rubber compartmentalized cargo unit that stretches across the entire width of the inside of the trunk, a solid black (no writing) license plate frame, etc.

In the cargo container, I have heavy duty jumper cables, a set of tools, folding roadside reflectors, raingear, caps, bucket, sponges, etc for washing the car while on trips, plastic eating utensils, rolls of paper towels, a battery powered flashlight, a hand-crank flashlight, plastic bags, Maxima Owner's Manuals set (takes up too much room in the glovebox), an extra can of motor oil, drinking water, a few cans of emergency rations, a Xantrex Xpower Powerpack 400 Plus for jumpstarting vehicles, inflating tires, providing emergency light, etc.

For some trips, we add things like 'duck' shoes or hiking boots, folding chairs, etc.

'Practicality' could be my middle name. I am practical to the point of nauseous obsession.
Those are mods, just atypical. I have some of your "mods" too.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by maxmale
yea to tell you the truth most of the compliments i get are from the older crowd. the younger crowd is full of haters.
I'd agree with that. Lots of compliments from the 50+ crowd. Everyone else locally here that bought a Maxima is over 60+. Usually I see their wives driving it. Lots of comments on my grill, but they never want to shell out the money for one. Can't figure that out.

heh heh wait till they see the drop and wheel upgrade I'm doing.

CM
Old 02-10-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ttbeam
Wow, this thread sure brought out the diversity. Hey 4MYSwee, I felt like I was reading my own writing, difference would the my age, I'm 45. I had a Quest also and was totally tired of the minivan/suv thing. I love my Maxima and it's white too!!! Mine is an SE, I wanted the sport suspension.

In my area I see mostly folks my age, only once have I seen one with a different grill. When my warranty runs out, and parts need to be replace, then I will go for the mods. (better suspension, better exhaust, etc) Right now all I have is a Trenze grill and window tint.
Hey there Girly Girl! Welcome aboard then. You're ahead of me, I have a standard issue Max grille.
Get this, my neighbor had an 01' Quest (same as mine just different color), and her hubby bought a 6th Gen Max. I thought that was wild, talk about an ice breaker!
The minivan was more my hubby's idea, until I told him I would trade him, my 01' Quest for his 06' Tundra......Needless to say, I own a kickin' max

These things fly, much more than our minivan's anyway. You ever just giggle when you floor it?
Old 02-11-2006, 04:10 PM

Younger or Older?

Question for you.....driving along the road at 60 mph and you see another max on the road. It driven by a young person (say 18-24).....unless you are checking the registration in the vehicle, how do you know how old the owner is?

Another thought.....driving along the highway, if the only mod you can see are exterior, how can you be so sure none were done on the inside?

I bought my maxima over 83K miles ago, within days of the first Maxima arriving at the dealerships. Compared to then, I am just happy to see them on the road! Of course being in the mid 30's, my first priority is to a different set of mods like the house and college 529's!

Just my 1/2 cent!
Old 02-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by shotime140
Question for you.....driving along the road at 60 mph and you see another max on the road. It driven by a young person (say 18-24).....unless you are checking the registration in the vehicle, how do you know how old the owner is?

Another thought.....driving along the highway, if the only mod you can see are exterior, how can you be so sure none were done on the inside?

I bought my maxima over 83K miles ago, within days of the first Maxima arriving at the dealerships. Compared to then, I am just happy to see them on the road! Of course being in the mid 30's, my first priority is to a different set of mods like the house and college 529's!

Just my 1/2 cent!
You could ask him.....
Old 02-11-2006, 05:43 PM
The "Other" project

Most of what I've seen seem to be around my age......best I can tell...... not to many modded on the exterior.....although I was trying to catch up with that one on Old Peachtree Road with the custom exhaust.........
Old 02-11-2006, 06:07 PM

I live in orange county CA. just turned 23 and got me a maxima as my present(sweeeet), (se elite package) sitting on 20s so far thats the only mod, more to come..., and yes down here most of them are males in their 30s, couple of females also on their mid 30s, most of the 25 to 30 year olds drive 300ms, there are so many of those down here you wouldnt beleive it....., everytime i pass one... yes they look over, just makes me feel great. (out of topic i know).
Old 02-11-2006, 06:30 PM

just for the record, i'm 22 and 40 year old women are def NOT old.