6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Thank you all!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thank you all!

Hi there,

Well I am a new member and this is my first post (Yay!).
A few weeks ago when I joined the forum I was looking for information about my 05 max, when I found maxima.org I totally loved what I found, the information and members of it... everything So thank you all !!

Below is what all of you helped me accomplish.... I could not have done without this forum.

What I have done so far:

Got windows tinted (Front 50%, Rear 35%, Back 20%)
Installed Reverse Glow Gages (blue)
Installed Viper 491XV 2 way pager and remote start alarm system
Relocated Information screen to bottom and Installed 7" color screen on top.
Installed AVIC-N2 unit with navigation, added voice command, steering controls and XM Navtraffic
Installed Pioneer 4chx75W RMS amp for doors with Alpine speakers
Installed Pioneer 1chx360w RMS class D amp with 10" Pioneer subs and band pass Qlogic box
Installed 1 Farad Capacitor (lights were dimming, fixed)
Fixed horrible rear deck rattle, (Used dynamat top and bottom rear deck and took out 6x9 oem speakers..fixed)
Installed Greddy SP2 catback exhaust system (sounds really nice)
Installed AEM intake (polished aluminum)
Installed aftermarket polished aluminum grill (top and bottom)
Installed rear lip spoiler (OEM style)
Shaved all emblems off the rear of the car
Installed winged Nissan emblem on front grill

Pending stuff within next week (already ordered and on its way):

Replace class D pioneer amp with a more juicy Kenwood class D amp (the pioneer sucked)
Replace pioneer subs with 10" Alpine Type-R dual coil subs
Replace stock halogen headlights for Xenon HID OEM headlights
Install Pac SWI-PS steering wheel interface to control head unit with OEM controls

That is it!!

Again Thank you all.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:15 PM
SuPeRmOd

Dude you're gonna have horrendous withdrawl after O.D.-ing on all those mods

oh and Welcome!

(see what this member accomplished w/o a single post? simply amazing )
Old 02-10-2006, 01:16 PM
*moderator*

Damn all that in 3 weeks! You waste no time. I'm running the N2 as well, how's the Navtraffic,voice command and steering controls I plan to add the XM next month and was thinking about the others...
So I see everything listed except wheels, are they on your future list somewhere?
Oh and welcome aboard!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Cool Member

Originally Posted by NismoMax80

(see what this member accomplished w/o a single post? simply amazing )
Yeah, that's amazing. Most people started their first post with a question.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:25 PM

yeah no kidding, I am having already some withdrawals.... this stuff is addicting.

Regarding XM .. I wish the quality was a little better. It is almost like a low quality Mp3..... I am thinking on cancelling it and get a refund for the year I paid for and getting an Ipod instead (I already got an mp3 player going in to the AUX) but I would like to be able to control it.... but not sure if it will be worth it. The XM traffic is pretty cool, it gives me accident info , road blocks and traffic conditions right on the nav map.
I had sirius on a another car and ended up returning it because of the same audio quality reason.

The voice command is Ok, it only understands half my commands but that may very well be because of my accent LOL

Wheels were on my list buit I already dropped like 4k on the mods and wife isnt very happy The wheels i wanted were around 2k..but I like the stock 18"s so I may just leave them as is.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:31 PM

whats up man, and welcome!

do you miss your 6 cd changer? that's about the only thing im worried about if i get navi in my car..
Old 02-10-2006, 02:42 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

hell yea! mines would be stock also if it wasn't for this forum and the meets..
Old 02-10-2006, 02:51 PM
gec

Originally Posted by tototee999
whats up man, and welcome!

do you miss your 6 cd changer? that's about the only thing im worried about if i get navi in my car..

most navi systems like he's got come with mp3 capabilities...ie..no need for a cd changer

daittech --- car looks real good bro --- now just get involved with contributing --- must of learned quite a bit in 3 weeks....def sensory overload....let us know how tha PAC install goes...

Old 02-10-2006, 03:00 PM

My Mx is an SE and came with only a single cd however I am thinking about getting the changer because there is a catch with the Pioneer Avic-N2... You need to have your DVD on the drive to get useful stuff out of your nav. otherwise it only gets cached up to 12 miles of your route but it gets anoying to have to be loading it every few miles. Whats really holding me off from getting the changer is that I dont know if it will still play mp3 cd's off the cd changer or only music cd's...does anyone know?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:22 PM

i hate palying mp3s off a single cd changer.. the lag of loading the song.. switching folders, remembering where you put the song.. etc etc.. just a hassel.. cd quality is also far more clearer and better than mp3 quality music.. i guess thats my prefrence..

do you know if there are any available navi systems where the touch screen will fit where the info screen is in our car and then we can mount THE BRAIN in the trunk?

thanks,
neir
Old 02-10-2006, 03:25 PM
SuPeRmOd

you guys are asking questions best answered in the Audio/Electronice forum.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:26 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I'll have that set up as soon as I get done in march...

I still have to buy the visor tv's and the dvd flip out, but my 7" screen, and 8" headrest are in ready to go.

I also have the 791xv to be installed, new grill, and TS ecu.... yay...
Old 02-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What 7 inch monitor did you use to replace the info screen and did you have to do any modifications to make it fit?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:21 PM

yea I found this forum the day after I bought my car...I really have to say everyone on this forum has really helped out alot...you guys are good thanks.

and as for your car...thats crazy that you did that all in 3 weeks lol. I like to do it gradually because once everything is done I would go nutz that theres nothing else to do.

Either way your car looks sick. good luck.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:08 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by daittech
yeah no kidding, I am having already some withdrawals.... this stuff is addicting.

Regarding XM .. I wish the quality was a little better. It is almost like a low quality Mp3..... I am thinking on cancelling it and get a refund for the year I paid for and getting an Ipod instead (I already got an mp3 player going in to the AUX) but I would like to be able to control it.... but not sure if it will be worth it. The XM traffic is pretty cool, it gives me accident info , road blocks and traffic conditions right on the nav map.
I had sirius on a another car and ended up returning it because of the same audio quality reason.

The voice command is Ok, it only understands half my commands but that may very well be because of my accent LOL

Wheels were on my list buit I already dropped like 4k on the mods and wife isnt very happy The wheels i wanted were around 2k..but I like the stock 18"s so I may just leave them as is.

Cool man thanks for the info!!! Probabaly gonna skip the voice command...how is your radio reception? I get pretty much zero. Same problem with my Clarion I had installed before!!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:17 PM

Wow good job!!! Max is looking sweet!!!!

for the Majestic Blue!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:03 PM

That thing is SICK !!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:56 PM

sweet man, keep the info/pics coming.. Love the ride...
Old 02-10-2006, 10:14 PM

clean looking ride.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Welcome to the Org. great work... What took you so long???
Old 02-11-2006, 07:50 PM

So.. got my tax return and talked to my wifey and she said ok to the new wheels..so I bought new wheels!
I still need to buy tires or use the same ones but I am not sure if the same tires I have will fit.. My guess is they wont.

The guy who sold to me told me they will fit the car fine but now that I am looking at the sticky about tire sizes I am getting a little worried.

Does anyone know if they will fit and what kind/size of tire I should be looking at?

SOme links to tires will be helpful Thanks

This is what I got:

18" ADR Mclassic black with polish lip
from the label :
Part# ADR18
Size 18x9.5
PCD 5x114.3
Offset 35
Old 02-11-2006, 07:54 PM

So.. got my tax return and talked to my wifey and she said ok to the new wheels..so I bought new wheels!
I still need to buy tires or use the same ones but I am not sure if the same tires I have will fit.. My guess is they wont.

The guy who sold to me told me they will fit the car fine but now that I am looking at the sticky about tire sizes I am getting a little worried.

Does anyone know if they will fit and what kind/size of tire I should be looking at?

SOme links to tires will be helpful Thanks

This is what I got:

18" ADR Mclassic black with polish lip
from the label :
Part# ADR18
Size 18x9.5
PCD 5x114.3
Offset 35
They should look great, the cherry on the cake will be when you loose the wheel gap. Overall excellent work...
Old 02-11-2006, 08:04 PM

Thanks, I need to think about dropping it at all because there is some crazy driveway slopes where I live plus speed bumps and my greddy already drags everytime no matter how much of an angle i do and if I drop it more i will be leaving the entire exhaust there lol

DO you knwo about the tires are they the right size? the part im worried about is the 9.5 i dont know how to convert it to get the right tire size
Old 02-11-2006, 08:07 PM
SuPeRmOd

^^^read through the STICKYs. I listed different wheel/tire sizes. And of course the Tire Forum.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
^^^read through the STICKYs. I listed different wheel/tire sizes. And of course the Tire Forum.
What Nismo said...

Just in case, here's the link: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....01#post3768901
Old 02-11-2006, 10:28 PM

Thanks for the link... I had already seen it and thats what got me all worried. What is not very clear to me is if the 9.5 wheel will fit fine (not too wide) and if it will rub. I did some searches here and the tire forum and have not found an answer...its not gonna let me sleep
Old 02-12-2006, 01:15 AM
*moderator*

Thosr were the original wheels I had on my car but in silver and in 20". Just be careful, my lip started peeling after a few months and they quit making that wheel like 2 years ago. They do look awesome, not trying to scare you, just let you know what's up!
Old 02-12-2006, 04:52 AM

sweet....I wish I had that much time and money into my Max........
Old 02-12-2006, 05:13 AM

I have read the thread and maybe I missed it, but is that a Chrysler/Bentley logo on your grille?
Old 02-12-2006, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by install30
sweet....I wish I had that much time and money into my Max........

What he said! BTW: Nice work work on your car.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:05 AM

Emblem is a winged nissan emblem, someone else in the forum have it too, it was really hard to find and sort of expensive but i think i looks good and it always trows off people they dont know what kind of car it is lol
Old 02-12-2006, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
I have read the thread and maybe I missed it, but is that a Chrysler/Bentley logo on your grille?
There custom Nissan Emblems...

Old 02-12-2006, 09:54 AM

Reminds me too much of trying to be something were not, or that somehow the Max isn't good enough! I went to the SEMA show in Vegas last August, and I saw dollared-out Chryslers and they had a Bently logo on them, and I remember thinking that they were trying to be a Bently and not a Chrysler 300C
Old 02-12-2006, 12:27 PM

nice mods you got there! Keep up the good work and I look forward seeing more pics in the near future...
Old 02-12-2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Reminds me too much of trying to be something were not, or that somehow the Max isn't good enough! I went to the SEMA show in Vegas last August, and I saw dollared-out Chryslers and they had a Bently logo on them, and I remember thinking that they were trying to be a Bently and not a Chrysler 300C
The winged design has been around a lot longer than Chrysler or Bently, and like most things when modding, it's all a matter of taste. It definitely works for me...
Old 02-12-2006, 07:50 PM

Where can you find the winged emblem?
Old 02-12-2006, 08:17 PM

Definetly a matter of taste and trying to be unique or no so common.... I like it

I got it off ebay, search for nissan emblem and it iwll come up, I can give you the name of the seller if you want.

BTW i got the wheels installed today and they fit and look perfect...some pictures tomorrow after work.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:12 PM

Definetly a matter of taste and trying to be unique or no so common.... I like it

I got it off ebay, search for nissan emblem and it iwll come up, I can give you the name of the seller if you want.

BTW i got the wheels installed today and they fit and look perfect...some pictures tomorrow after work.
Ebay motors