6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

WORKING on some Bodykit Concepts

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:21 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

WORKING on some Bodykit Concepts

Hey guys i finally had a chance to work with Photoshop.. Didnt have the best pics to work with but here is a concept i ahve been working on... hope you guys like it..

the front is slightly different i know, but again is a CONCEPT...

LEt me know what you think...
Old 02-15-2006, 05:15 AM
GrandPa

Its different. Do you have a picture of the rear?
Old 02-15-2006, 05:15 AM

Front almost looks like an RSX. How about a shot at the rear?
Old 02-15-2006, 06:18 AM

the pics are a no-show.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:54 AM
SuPeRmOd

the front would make little chil'ren ...scary.
less is more? 6 "support arms" are way too many for the lower grille.
what are the holes beside the grille?
It almost looks like you're trying to transform it in a G with the hood and headlight lines.
I think the rear and front shaping would be better if sharper.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:59 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Sides and rear get my thumbsup, the front, however, needs to be redone. Another thing to consider is that with 6 brackets, as Justin had pointed out, the fron will require a considerably larger amount of time to prep and paint, thereby factoring into a high cost to treat for those whom might be considering purchasing the kit.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If your serious about making a body kit for the 6th gen then please let me make a few suggestions. What your currently working on is not my style. I'll leave it at that. However if you want my opinion on what would look great on our cars here goes: Some thing CLEAN! That flows with the lines of the car, doesn't break them up like the above PS. A body kit IMO should add to the car, without being noticed...almost look OEM, but different enough to get that second look.

Here are a few examples:

Notice how all of them are simple and clean yet aggressive.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
Hey guys i finally had a chance to work with Photoshop.. Didnt have the best pics to work with but here is a concept i ahve been working on... hope you guys like it..
Um...is it me or is that front end an Infiniti M rather than a Maxima? Also, that rear bumper doesn't flow at all with the rest of the car. But seriously, don't let my lesss than constructive comments affect your creative design.

I am jealous of your mad photoshop skillz!
Old 02-15-2006, 07:46 AM

those m's are freakin hottt.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:13 AM
*moderator*

Definitely to aggresive for my personal taste. I like the clean look like Hamy posted, or like the Redlinemax kit I have...
Nice stepping up though to create some different stuff for our rides!!
Oh and yeah those Hamy pics look amazing!!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:32 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Hamy
If your serious about making a body kit for the 6th gen then please let me make a few suggestions. What your currently working on is not my style. I'll leave it at that. However if you want my opinion on what would look great on our cars here goes: Some thing CLEAN! That flows with the lines of the car, doesn't break them up like the above PS. A body kit IMO should add to the car, without being noticed...almost look OEM, but different enough to get that second look.

Here are a few examples:

I fully concur doctor, the last pic looks fing fenomenal!!! If that could somehow get photochopped onto our cars that would be the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!

Kam
Old 02-15-2006, 08:49 AM

I like your creativity, but I think Hamy's comments speak for a large volume of 6th Gen owners. The Max should not be riced out.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:01 AM

Here are a few examples:

dude where can i find this lip kit........... that is EXACTLY something that i have been looking for ........ thanks
Old 02-15-2006, 09:02 AM

i am very anxious to see your pics. can you put them on here via a different site. there not coming up for me to see.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:03 AM

Im with Hamy, keep it clean and simple.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:25 AM

Cool guys i will work on the cleaner look.. Again thanks for all the constructive criticism... It is an agressive look, and i wanted the first to come out that way so know how to tone it down.. I will work some more designs out... Thanks....
Old 02-15-2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by y0_nate
dude where can i find this lip kit........... that is EXACTLY something that i have been looking for ........ thanks
Why do they have better body kits in Kangaroo-land than here in the States? I would buy that Tienna/Max if introduced here. Does it come in black??

Max-Ghost, I do like your grill design, I think its one of the best I've seen. Reminds me of my 02 Acura TL which looked great; simple yet agressive. If it had a chrome outer rim with either a chrome or body colored bar across the center, with black mesh in the back and the Winged Nissan emblem in the middle, as Paris Hilton would say, that would be hot.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:27 PM

Here is a quick photochop of the front fascia off the silver car on our 6th Gen I like the look of it.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:51 PM
.org extraordinaire

emmmmm

Originally Posted by JoesRedMax
Here is a quick photochop of the front fascia off the silver car on our 6th Gen I like the look of it.
that would look good if the max was lowered, cause it looks like snow plow in that pic. But thats the one i would get for my maxi
Old 02-15-2006, 03:18 PM

Here are a few examples:

DAmn!!!! this Ausi Max looks hot!!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

now you have my attention! I love the M's and that silver ones kit, real nice.

best of all, simple...
Old 02-15-2006, 04:03 PM

i love the siplicity of the rims on the aussie max and the body kit is crazy
Old 02-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Here are a few examples:

Those rides look hot, love all the smooth looking effects...
Old 02-15-2006, 08:48 PM

Okay, first off I almost wish I was back downunder with rides and bodykits looking like that!! (Actually I'm from New Zealand but same diff.) Anyways, I posted on the other MAX site about the Red Line kit I found looking around online because I cannot start a thread here unless I've posted at least 15 times, which tied in with other limited actions like not being able to search, no PM's etc,etc is annoying, but thats a whole other issue. http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/v...938c72021ae722 Needless to say I was really into that body kit until I saw these. My question would be WHY? Growing up in New Zealand we always looked at the USA as being the leader in EVERYTHING!! We all wanted to dress like americans, act like americans and have everything americans had. Now that I have left my old stomping grounds and become a nataurilized american I find myself wanting something they have downunder and not here I can't win Anyways, I made up a quick photoshop of what I would like to see made for OUR MAX's!!! It is kind of quick and I hope HAMY does not mind me using his car but it gives an idea of what WE can have here in the great US of A

Old 02-15-2006, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by rtuimauga
Anyways, I made up a quick photoshop of what I would like to see made for OUR MAX's!!! It is kind of quick and I hope HAMY does not mind me using his car but it gives an idea of what WE can have here in the great US of A

Damn, the Max never looked BETTER!!!!!! Now if only someone will step up and make a quality kit like this for us in the good ol' U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 08:16 AM

Anyways, I made up a quick photoshop of what I would like to see made for OUR MAX's!!! It is kind of quick and I hope HAMY does not mind me using his car but it gives an idea of what WE can have here in the great US of A
Wow...thats a great photoshop and the kit looks great...nice job.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:41 AM

Thanks for the props. Clayman88. I'm not near as good as others here but I try.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Tha Snatcher

Man, that Teana looks hot.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:39 AM

If only..
Old 02-16-2006, 01:49 PM

Good stuff
Old 02-16-2006, 03:22 PM

While you guys are photshopping, is there anyway you could photoshop a roof spoiler like this on a black Maxima:

Old 02-16-2006, 05:36 PM

It is kind of quick and I hope HAMY does not mind me using his car but it gives an idea of what WE can have here in the great US of A

Looks great my man! Thanks for using my car...sign me up for the finished product if and when that ever happens.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Newbie just Registered

When is this going into production?
Old 02-16-2006, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
When is this going into production?
Red Line ?....... Sarona ?......... ANYONE ?
Old 02-16-2006, 07:24 PM

good ideas so far, love to see that produced.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST

the front is slightly different i know, but again is a CONCEPT...

LEt me know what you think...
Not feeling it, too ricer for me. It may appeal to others but it's just too Civic/ Sorona for me. IMO most 6th Gen owners don't like the Sorona that much. The other problem is that IMO sales would never outweigh the time / development / mold / material / manufacturing / shipping and marketing cost.

Again this is strictly my opinion but the kits HAMY displayed would appeal far more to Max owners based on the price of our vehicle's and the age of most 6th Gen drivers. Yes we want ground effects and performance parts, but not at the sake of looking like a teens Honda Civic.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:36 AM
.org extraordinaire

Hamy

Looks great my man! Thanks for using my car...sign me up for the finished product if and when that ever happens.
Hamy? You ever sell those rims? I asked if you found out if the one was bent or not? Was gonna drive down to meet ya.

PS- Your ride with the Teanna photochap shap kit looks PIMP!

Thanks Man,

Kam
Old 02-17-2006, 08:11 PM

rtuimauga, you pic isnt coming through for me.. can you email me the pic.. thanks.. artistic33 @ H o t m a i l . c o m...

I am working on a more subtle look for the max, since the comments really didnt like my forst attempt at a finished photoshop work. Its been difficult for me to have time to do this, but i will have better luck next week (no school on thursday).. I will post the prototpye as soon as i get a chance, just be patient for the pics... Any suggestions please let me know.. Feedback good or negative is deffinately welcome, just please stop using the "RICEY" slang. It is a bit racially curved. No offence to those who have commented before and used that slang, but please be critical, not rude....
Old 02-17-2006, 08:19 PM
KC's FINEST

I didnt see the pic either.... BTW, rtuimauga... KC BABY!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:24 PM

id definately be interested in a body kit like that of the gunmetal infiniti

Quick Reply: WORKING on some Bodykit Concepts