6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Help! Park lights not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 12:47 PM

Help! Park lights not coming on

I just changed my factory radio to a aftermarket radio because the factory cd player got broken. Anyway, changed to aftermarket radio and everything seems fine and normal. Notice last weekend that my turn signals does not stay on but will turn on when I put the left or right signal on, my cornering lights is not coming on when turn signal is on, but the major problem is my parking light is not coming on The brake lights come on when the brake is apply. What did I do wrong. If any one changed out their radio and this happed please tell me how to correct this or if this never happen to you but you have an idea please also tell me. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-19-2006, 01:03 PM
SuPeRmOd

check your fuses under the hood and next to the steering wheel.

next, check your bulbs.

you do know the cornering lights only go on when the headlights are on right?
what do you mean "my turn signals does not stay on but will turn on when I put the left or right signal on"
Aren't they supposed to only turn on when you signal them to???

park lights come on when you turn the headlights on or in between AUTO and ON

"The brake lights come on when the brake is apply."
they are supposed to come on when you brake
Old 03-19-2006, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
check your fuses under the hood and next to the steering wheel.

next, check your bulbs.

you do know the cornering lights only go on when the headlights are on right?
what do you mean "my turn signals does not stay on but will turn on when I put the left or right signal on"
Aren't they supposed to only turn on when you signal them to???

park lights come on when you turn the headlights on or in between AUTO and ON

"The brake lights come on when the brake is apply."
they are supposed to come on when you brake
I check the fuses and replace bulbs. I know the cornering lights, park lights come on when headlights are on. Turn signal lights stays on and will flash when the left or right signal is apply. The reason why I put the brake light in is to let readers know there is nothing wrong with the bulbs.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:37 PM
.org extraordinaire

ergh....

quigon gina bah klag kapta speaka za engish?

Old 03-19-2006, 01:48 PM
SuPeRmOd

So what is wrong?
Old 03-19-2006, 06:13 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

Who installed the stereo? If it was done at a shop I would take it ti then. Something may have gotten cut or pulled. It is strange though. I wouldn't think those wires would be near the stereo. If someone tapped into or messed aroung with the fuse box that could cause a problem. The dash lights and marker lights run together when you turn the lights on. If the interior lights work someone may have cut the marker light wire. That is a wierd thing that you have going. Check the wiring and then a trip to the dealer if all else fails. Good luck on it.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:09 PM
*moderator*

This happend to me. There are 3 fuse boxes. One under the dash the 2nd right next to the battery and the secret 3rd one which on the left (passenger side) under the hood. It sits at the left front corner of the engine cover. Not sure how they popped this fuse while doing stereo stuff, I popped mine when I tried to put an LED bulb in the cornering lights...this should take care of you.
Good luck!!
Old 03-20-2006, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
This happend to me. There are 3 fuse boxes. One under the dash the 2nd right next to the battery and the secret 3rd one which on the left (passenger side) under the hood. It sits at the left front corner of the engine cover. Not sure how they popped this fuse while doing stereo stuff, I popped mine when I tried to put an LED bulb in the cornering lights...this should take care of you.
Good luck!!
Thanks so much! Much appreciated.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by kdejour
Who installed the stereo? If it was done at a shop I would take it ti then. Something may have gotten cut or pulled. It is strange though. I wouldn't think those wires would be near the stereo. If someone tapped into or messed aroung with the fuse box that could cause a problem. The dash lights and marker lights run together when you turn the lights on. If the interior lights work someone may have cut the marker light wire. That is a wierd thing that you have going. Check the wiring and then a trip to the dealer if all else fails. Good luck on it.
Thank you. I don't think the guy cut any wires. I think he did a pull and plug kinda thing. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:08 PM
SuPeRmOd

did you figure anything out yet?