6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Center Console/Armrest issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:34 AM

Center Console/Armrest issues

My armrest is very loose. I did the procedure that was in the sticky, where you take it apart and tighten all the screws up. It didnt work and its even looser than when I started the procedure. Has anyone done the tightening procedure and found that it didnt work? What else can we do to make it tight again? Should I just buy a whole new arm rest from the dealer? I cant stand how loose it is, every bump I go over makes it rattle and its annoying.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is it under warranty? Loose crap sounds like a workmanship thing to me.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by ThunderMaxi
Is it under warranty? Loose crap sounds like a workmanship thing to me.
the initial warranty just expired but I have an extended warranty.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Killah Kane
the initial warranty just expired but I have an extended warranty.
you should be fine then...

can you explain the problem a little more..i mean, yeah i know it is loose bt...how, where do u think it is loose from ?? how does it move...can you take pics and indicate loose points and so on ?? that will be very helpful...

Luigi
Old 04-13-2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by luigi'smax
you should be fine then...

can you explain the problem a little more..i mean, yeah i know it is loose bt...how, where do u think it is loose from ?? how does it move...can you take pics and indicate loose points and so on ?? that will be very helpful...

Luigi
Sorry but I am having problems with my camera. Its very hard to tell where exactly it is loose. The whole thing seems to be loose. I cant seem to pin point what I think it may be. But I know that all the screws in the mechanism are nice and tight. I wish I could say more but I really dont know. Also I was looking in my extended warranty booklet and I dont think it covers the armrest unit.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Killah Kane
Sorry but I am having problems with my camera. Its very hard to tell where exactly it is loose. The whole thing seems to be loose. I cant seem to pin point what I think it may be. But I know that all the screws in the mechanism are nice and tight. I wish I could say more but I really dont know. Also I was looking in my extended warranty booklet and I dont think it covers the armrest unit.
go to the dealer qith confidence...if you go there like...''ummm i am not sure but i was wondering if you could maybe fix my center console, i mean if it is ok with you guys...'' the first thing they will say is no...just go there and say you want to have this fixed under your warranty..if they say no, tell them you called before coming and the rep you spoke with assured you it was covered otherwise you wouldnt be waisting your time to come here...and if not...fine, show me where it says ''the center console is NOT cover under the warranty'' yeah i know it probably doesnt say it is cover but it doesnt say it is not either so is a push and pull contest and the one who pull the hardest wins...

good luck man

Luigi
Old 04-14-2006, 09:31 AM
gec

yeah i know it probably doesnt say it is cover but it doesnt say it is not either
Spoken like a true negotiator

Old 04-14-2006, 02:05 PM

go to the dealer qith confidence...if you go there like...''ummm i am not sure but i was wondering if you could maybe fix my center console, i mean if it is ok with you guys...'' the first thing they will say is no...just go there and say you want to have this fixed under your warranty..if they say no, tell them you called before coming and the rep you spoke with assured you it was covered otherwise you wouldnt be waisting your time to come here...and if not...fine, show me where it says ''the center console is NOT cover under the warranty'' yeah i know it probably doesnt say it is cover but it doesnt say it is not either so is a push and pull contest and the one who pull the hardest wins...

good luck man

Luigi
Good advice, thanks