6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How to go about this? NISMO?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:02 PM

How to go about this? NISMO?

I am going to buy the NISMO cams for the MAX. Where can I order them from as not to get robbed by the stealership? I dont mind having them install it. If I have it installed by the dealer will it still be covered by the Nissan dealer, being that they are installing NISMO parts at the dealer. WIll my warranty stay intact. WHat do I need to know that I dont know already to install these cams. Will any additional tuning be needed? I should pick up at 15 hp with the cams atleast. And other ins and outs I should know about before doing this mod?I am going to try and get the most I can out of the motor without NOS or BLOWERS(when ever they come out) I will also add headers when they become available.

Will the nismo cams give me any notable increase in power? Any negative effects of having cams? Does anyone on here have them? I am looking to spend about 1600 bucks installed, is this correct amount? I have cams on my Harley and wow what a difference, should I expect this on the MAX. Are there any other brands I should consider other than NISMO?
Thanks
VQ
Old 04-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dealer install will be in the $1000+ range.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:17 PM
*moderator*

Sexima has the cams installed, you might ask him...
Old 04-09-2006, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Sexima has the cams installed, you might ask him...
Have you seen SEXIMA's ride(inperson) been it it? how does it sound with the cams? DO you think it is a worth it mod?
Thanks
VQ
Old 04-09-2006, 01:36 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

jwt cams are really good..

find someone good though, its really hard to install them while the engine is in the car..I bet labor will be an arm and a leg also, is not a direct bolt on mod, you have to remove the timing chain and a whole bunch of ****..
Old 04-09-2006, 02:13 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by MAXDOUT04
Are we making race cars out of a 4 door sports car? again (4) door, whatever happened to lookin good while cruisin in a luxury ride not doin 11.20's in a 1/4mile. to each is his own but thats insane for that price, hell you need speed that bad just throw on a bottle and call it a day and you will have saved about a grand too.....!!!! not to mention that its still a FWD car with torque steer like a b!tch
I'll take

STS remote mount turbo with Methanol Injection
TSQ ECU
Cattman Headers and Y pipe,
Nismo Cams
UDP
Wilwood Brakes and
Nismo Rims
Plus all the tourqe steer I can get and tell anyone who dont like it to FK off or line up.

I would love my car to look like a sleeper and run 11s or 10s and still handle great. Some of the worlds best rally cars are FWD. Not to say my maxima is a rally car but hell if I can get 400HP out of her i'll do it.

POWER to you, you want cams, go for it bro.

Thanks,

Kam
Old 04-09-2006, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by MAXDOUT04
Bro it aint gonna happen unless you strip the car down to almost nothing and even still you aint gonna have no 11 second sleeper especially from a dig, on a roll with 400 hp maybe but were talkin high 11's low 12's at most but what did you buy a 4000 lbs luxury car for just my .02 oh and as to vq sorry to burn your thread but good luck
I didn't say nothing about 11's on a 1/4 mile dude, but i do want my car to be quicker than what it is now..

I bought my maxima cause it has potential as a family car, and its a challange since no one makes anything for it..

I wanna chill in my car also, but I don't wanna be a sitting duck either. I wanna be able to run with what ever steps up to me..

I guess theres only a few like me, do your thing VQ, you have my vote.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:20 PM

Tek-Niq hey bro i'm with you all the way i wana get faster and race with anyone who try to play with me on red light lol
Old 04-09-2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by SEGirl
Tek-Niq hey bro i'm with you all the way i wana get faster and race with anyone who try to play with me on red light lol
damn right...

I wanna get the cams and pistons actually, but the motor has to be pulled for that, I'm thinking buying another motor and doing this work. while is out do a port and polish as well...

mean while I'm working on the turbo set up and injectors..
Old 04-09-2006, 03:29 PM

thats nice man. Hey any updates about SC????
Old 04-09-2006, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by SEGirl
thats nice man. Hey any updates about SC????
off topic abit, but no.... I'm working on a turbo better, I can't have a scoop on my car to fit that SC maybe..
Old 04-11-2006, 11:06 AM

Price vs. mods. Cams would be a waste of money, cams and install roughly 2500-3000 grand for what, to still get your **** handed to you from an STI or a turbo'ed honda. With that much loot, put it towards a turbo or a super charger.

Everyone here cries they don't make one, kit turbos and super chargers are junk, dime a dozen, anyone can get a custom one built for around 5 grand.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by every1hasAIDS
Price vs. mods. Cams would be a waste of money, cams and install roughly 2500-3000 grand for what, to still get your **** handed to you from an STI or a turbo'ed honda. With that much loot, put it towards a turbo or a super charger.

Everyone here cries they don't make one, kit turbos and super chargers are junk, dime a dozen, anyone can get a custom one built for around 5 grand.

TRUE! but that whats those cars will ever be a Turbo HONDA and an STI. None near the lux and style our cars have. But im not looking to be racing some guy on the street. With boost sure anything can be made a bullit!.

As far as Turbo/Supercharger for the 6Th gen until they make a true bolt on kit( as "junky" as you say they are)i rather have stillen make me a S/C kit that can be done at a Nissan dealer and retain my warranty.(yes we have a dealer in Pompano/Ft lauderdale area that does these kits) Than have some shop "ghetto rig" my 33k Max. My .02
Old 04-12-2006, 07:51 AM
.org extraordinaire

Cost

Hi David,

I'm trying to get a tunable ECU from TechnoSquare, but in the mean time I'm just wondering how much would the universal kit cost. Including all the coated piping you have that reflects heat. If I have all of your pipes I can get them mandrell bent at any tuner shop?

Thanks,

Kam

- Show quoted text -
On 3/21/06, David Fisher <david@ststurbo.com> wrote:

Kam

We currently are not offering a complete kit for your car. However, we do have universal kits that you can fabricate yourself. The kit would come with a turbo, oiling system, wiring, some hardware, ect. You would need to have the charge pipes fabricated, and then find some one who has computer software that can tune a maxima. If you need more information, please call me directly. Thanks

David Fisher
David@ststurbo.com
Great Lakes Regional Sales Manager
Phone 801-224-3477 ext 805
www.STSturbo.com
Reply Forward

David Fisher to me
More options 11:14 am (4 minutes ago)

Kam.. you cant rebend a pipe once is coated... it will crack and come off.. plus our universal kit comes with everything BUT the pipes.. what you will need to do is, mock up your system 1st.. bend all the pipes, then if you want to, get them coated by JET HOT or HPC. the universal kit is $3125
- Show quoted text -
$3125 plus all the pipes. That doesnt seem to bad, any possibility that our cars could run without tunning the ECU. Could I possibly just bolt this on and get more air into the engine?

With the cams a turbo MAXIMA would MISSION and beat the hell out of a poor slow *** CIVICS!!!

Kam