6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

how does this sound (ECU PRICE)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:50 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

how does this sound (ECU PRICE)

me and my dyno shop are looking to sell these ecu for a cheaper price, like 380..

I want to know who will be interested in this price, not going to be sold on this site, I'm just looking for interest, if there is we can start it up, we need at least 30 cars to do it and I'll get back to him on it. we will be working on it asap, but it might take a few to get it started..

just to give ya'll a run through, I have gained 17hp and 10tq so far with more to come, I'm still tuning it..

NOT JUST 6th gens on this, we can do all nissans maximas, altimas, all the way to sentra's SER's ect ect, infiniti's, FX35/45, pretty much all our cars and alittle more..

post up..
Old 04-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Will I still be able to use my APEX, I like both numbers though (hp and price)...
Old 04-22-2006, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Will I still be able to use my APEX, I like both numbers though (hp and price)...
sure, its just a piggy back unit, but if you get the ecu tuned perfectly you won't need it...
Old 04-22-2006, 04:12 PM

so when would you be ready to take them, and i would'nt want to send mine in until yours is perfectly tuned
Old 04-22-2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by FrostMaxima
so when would you be ready to take them, and i would'nt want to send mine in until yours is perfectly tuned
after I get mines done perfect and if the interest is there we go..

the reason for the interest is to cover the cost of the program, after that is profits, you know business stuff, it has to look good for him.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
sure, its just a piggy back unit, but if you get the ecu tuned perfectly you won't need it...
Great, the APEX goes on Ebay then. Tek as always great job, your always on your game looking to hook up your 6th Gen Bro's...
Old 04-22-2006, 04:27 PM

Great, the APEX goes on Ebay then. Tek as always great job, your always on your game looking to hook up your 6th Gen Bro's...
hell yea man, this would be great for everyone.

you know me Chris, if I could help out I will, since we are short on mods and some are just overpriced, I'm willing to help for sure..

I mentioned it to my dyno and he told me to get some interest so here I am. 380 is not bad at all. the east cost people can even go there and tune it on the dyno if he gets it.

once we get my numbers we can do all 6thgens with them, but I need you guys to make it happen..

this is not the only thing we are working on, Gec has alot to offer also, some great work is being put into this, this is not simple, we have shops, people with knowledge and all working with us to make this happen.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:37 PM

hell yea man, this would be great for everyone.

you know me Chris, if I could help out I will, since we are short on mods and some are just overpriced, I'm willing to help for sure..

I mentioned it to my dyno and he told me to get some interest so here I am. 380 is not bad at all. the east cost people can even go there and tune it on the dyno if he gets it.

once we get my numbers we can do all 6thgens with them, but I need you guys to make it happen..

this is not the only thing we are working on, Gec has alot to offer also, some great work is being put into this, this is not simple, we have shops, people with knowledge and all working with us to make this happen.
And I will drive up there if I have too...
Old 04-22-2006, 04:50 PM

And I will drive up there if I have too...
great, another 26-28 members and we are good.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:01 PM

I'm most likely in when you have yours "perfectly tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And i'm likin both the numbers like the other guy said, and your sayin that it's not "perfectly tuned", and those are still pretty nice numbers! So those numbers still may go up a little? O ya, how long would the "tuning proccess" take, as in shipping and tuning and receiving? THANKS

Dan
Old 04-22-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
I'm most likely in when you have yours "perfectly tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And i'm likin both the numbers like the other guy said, and your sayin that it's not "perfectly tuned", and those are still pretty nice numbers! So those numbers still may go up a little? O ya, how long would the "tuning proccess" take, as in shipping and tuning and receiving? THANKS

Dan
I'll still have to work things out, but I wanna make it the same as TS, overnight both ways for a few days down time.

I'll get more info if I see that this will happen for sure, I don't wanna get too deep for nothing, I'll keep updating as we go on for shipping orders and walk ins..
Old 04-22-2006, 05:18 PM

hey tek i'm in for sure man when you get yours perfectly tuned count with me I"M IN kepp the nice job man look my baby is waiting for it
Old 04-22-2006, 05:23 PM

25 to go fellas, thanx SEGirl
Old 04-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How is ur program different than my modded 350Z program? Any idea?
Old 04-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
How is ur program different than my modded 350Z program? Any idea?
not sure Deus, I dunno what Tadashi is doing with us, I have to call him to find out, cause my car didn't gain much for my new ecu.

I also have my dyno shop trying to get in touch with TS to get info from them to finish mines up, but power is still there to be released..

I have alot of fuel being dumped in into the engine as well, is just not enough yet, compare to you, I have no clue.. get it dynoed and send me a run file of your best run..
Old 04-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

25 to go fellas, thanx SEGirl
24 if it all works out...

How would you go about updates down the line? Let's say adjustments are needed or found that boost performance up some... would we get them for free if we just ship the ECU or something?

What else is needed for this? Dyno, list of bolt-ons, etc? How long would the whole thing take if people drive up?
Old 04-22-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by viguera
24 if it all works out...

How would you go about updates down the line? Let's say adjustments are needed or found that boost performance up some... would we get them for free if we just ship the ECU or something?

What else is needed for this? Dyno, list of bolt-ons, etc? How long would the whole thing take if people drive up?
if you drive up, they can tune it right on the spot. time wize, about an hour once we get it down to a science. TS does it real quick.

the info on the upgrade stuff is what I will get into once we are set. infact I'll call my shop on moday and get all this stuff for you guys..

you don't need anything cause I'm your test car for this, I have no mods right now till after I get tuned right..
Old 04-22-2006, 05:44 PM

shipping orders I still have to work out with the shop, cause it cost about 50 bucks to overnight it to Cali, not sure else where.

who will pay it is still on the works, for update program, in the works.

I don't have all details though, the small info questions will be unanswered, if we get the people then we can build a plan.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:48 PM

i'd be interested if everything sounds right, and i might be willing to take some leave and drive up also.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:52 PM

23 more....
Old 04-22-2006, 05:54 PM
GrandPa

I would be interested if it works out. What about the speed limiter on the ecu. I want to get it up past 143 mph.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by ramberg
I would be interested if it works out. What about the speed limiter on the ecu. I want to get it up past 143 mph.
I have no limiter, I got up to 155 mph's on the dyno, with the same program as TS they can be able to do it also I would assume..

22 more..
Old 04-22-2006, 06:01 PM
GrandPa

I have no limiter, I got up to 155 mph's on the dyno, with the same program as TS they can be able to do it also I would assume..

22 more..
Go on the turnpike and pop it and see how fast you go.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:05 PM
.org extraordinaire

great, another 26-28 members and we are good.
I'm in and that makes 25 left. 100% in for sure.
Kam
Old 04-22-2006, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ramberg
Go on the turnpike and pop it and see how fast you go.
I don't wanna get this thread locked Warren, lets keep this on topic.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:12 PM

i'd definitely put up the money for this one!
Old 04-22-2006, 06:16 PM

we have 20 more, but if we can get another 10 or so just off this site alone I can start talking numbers with the dyno shop.

I'm sure we can get more on other sites like the sentra site and 4th/5th gens ect ect..

let do it!!
Old 04-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Newbie just Registered

How is it going to be tuned without other mods in? I'm not talking about exhaust or intakes, but major mods, like headers and cams or FI.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
How is it going to be tuned without other mods in? I'm not talking about exhaust or intakes, but major mods, like headers and cams or FI.
mods like that just lean the car out alittle, all you need is more fuel to keep it where it needs to be, nothing major.

it will be like TS, send it back with a dyno sheet and get it reprogramed (add fuel)..
Old 04-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Newbie just Registered

What's your AFR now?
Old 04-22-2006, 06:26 PM

Tek, will the ECU work with an Injen, CE Y-Pipe and Greddy when ordered or will it requirer special tuning??? I'm still in, just a question...
Old 04-22-2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
What's your AFR now?
13.5 to 13.8 or so, I didn't get my run file I'll have to call..

Chris, it does. with mods on the car you just need more fuel in the program just like any other mods, this ecu will work with any bolt on.

bolt on mods just lean the car out, causing it to need fuel. that can be fixed easy.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:49 PM

Chris, it does. with mods on the car you just need more fuel in the program just like any other mods, this ecu will work with any bolt on.

bolt on mods just lean the car out, causing it to need fuel. that can be fixed easy.
Here's a good question...

Has anybody seen the infamous "throttling" that the ECU supposedly performs when the MAF tells it that there's extra air coming in from a new intake? And if so, can this be removed?

The word around here is that the ECU needs to be reset because the MAF keeps telling it about the extra air flow... through your dealings with this whole ECU business, has that come up at all? Is there an option to remove it, something like that?
Old 04-22-2006, 06:49 PM

Cool, Thanks...
Old 04-22-2006, 06:56 PM

Here's a good question...

Has anybody seen the infamous "throttling" that the ECU supposedly performs when the MAF tells it that there's extra air coming in from a new intake? And if so, can this be removed?

The word around here is that the ECU needs to be reset because the MAF keeps telling it about the extra air flow... through your dealings with this whole ECU business, has that come up at all? Is there an option to remove it, something like that?
Not sure what ur referencing, but I do know that the re programming makes the throttle open up when u floor it. In other words, it responds more like there is a cable rather than giving control to the ECU.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Not sure what ur referencing, but I do know that the re programming makes the throttle open up when u floor it. In other words, it responds more like there is a cable rather than giving control to the ECU.
Well in just about every intake-related thread, the gospel is that the ECU eventually compensates for the extra air somehow, and that's why people should reset their ECU by unplugging the battery every couple of weeks or so. Or did I dream all those threads up?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Newbie just Registered

Well in just about every intake-related thread, the gospel is that the ECU eventually compensates for the extra air somehow, and that's why people should reset their ECU by unplugging the battery every couple of weeks or so. Or did I dream all those threads up?
The stock ECU will gradually adjust to what ever mods you install by correcting timing and/or AFR to give the programmed "perfect output". This include the throttle positioning. When you reset the ECU, it goes back to original factory settings so you can get more power with your mods, then it corrects itself again.

This is true to an extent even when you reprogram your ECU (throttle opens 100%, rev limiter raised, speed limiter removed, more agressive mapping, etc.), but it goes back to how it's reprogrammed. So depending on what mod you add, it may be necessary to reflashed again to reflect the mod.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:34 PM

I would be in provided I had the right answer to my concerns.

Does it turn of Check engine lights from exhaust mods (i.e. if headers came out, the removal of the precats would trigger a code) most aftermarket ECU's disable that code.

Is the transmission operation affected (auto). I would like a slightly higher redline (or shift point) and the ability to control shifting up to that point with the manumatic. Right now the manumatic won't let me past 6300.

Will a dealer know you did this mod and/or be able to reflash/erase the programming?

WIll my ECU need to be shipped for programming or am I buying a new ECU? I can't afford any downtime so even a core program would be great.

And finally, I'd just like to see the final dyno numbers. $380 is a great price IMO and I'd probably be in.

Edit, some info on Technosquares site:

Maxima tune: FUEL,IG,REV,SPD,VTC

Legend

FUEL: Fuel Map
IG: Ignition Timing Map
SPD: Speed Limiter
REV: Rev limiter
BL: Boost Limiter
BC: Boost Control
VTC: Variable Timing Control
Old 04-22-2006, 08:54 PM

Count me in
Old 04-22-2006, 08:56 PM

Yeah, another bro on board...

Quick Reply: how does this sound (ECU PRICE)