6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

how does this sound (ECU PRICE)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:05 AM

Tek-
Two questions; Reading on the mustang forums there is a discussion that they may need theire cars re-tuned due to the Ethanol E-10 coming on line, have you dicsussed this with the tuner to see if that will be a problem and before I get blasted for asking this question I realize that when you add go fast parts to your car it could hurt fuel economy but how has the comoputer reflash affected your mileage so far?
Greg
Old 04-24-2006, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
16 more, you're welcome..
I am in once its straight
Old 04-24-2006, 09:12 AM

Im interested in this but im confused on how you and a shop plan on doing this? Dont you have to have certain tools and such to crack ecus? Also, is your shop just gonna make a copy of your ecu? More info on whats going on would be helpful. thanks
Old 04-24-2006, 09:54 AM

Tek, count me in
Old 04-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have a 5AT with VDC.....if you will be able to get it working with VDC and once your is all set I am in.....would be driving not shipping.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Tek count me as well
Old 04-24-2006, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
Im interested in this but im confused on how you and a shop plan on doing this? Dont you have to have certain tools and such to crack ecus? Also, is your shop just gonna make a copy of your ecu? More info on whats going on would be helpful. thanks
If I understand it correctly that's exactly what's going on. He took out his Fujita and is back to stock to make sure he's not running lean... now they'll basically tune the car as best they can and then clone his ECU. That's basically the "Tek Stock Tune" program for people that are as basic as they come, and it will net a reasonable amount of hp plus whatever other changes he's done to his car (rev limiter, true WOT, etc).

My guess is that when he goes back to the Fujita -- and people with aftermarket intakes -- they'll have a slight change to the AF ratio to dump more fuel in, to compensate for the extra air mass. That will probably be the "Tek +Intake Tune" version, or whatever they wanna call it.

People with serious mods (like headers) would probably want to dyno their cars before they get the ECU work, so that the correct AF ratio can be set with the new ECU based on what they're running now.

Anything past that (nitrous, crazy mods, midgets under the hood) will probably have to be handled on a case-by-case basis. Right now everybody that has a pretty basic set of bolt-ons should be able to get their ECU cloned to whatever Tek ends up with, and run like the wind.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:12 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by greg hazlett
Tek-
Two questions; Reading on the mustang forums there is a discussion that they may need theire cars re-tuned due to the Ethanol E-10 coming on line, have you dicsussed this with the tuner to see if that will be a problem and before I get blasted for asking this question I realize that when you add go fast parts to your car it could hurt fuel economy but how has the comoputer reflash affected your mileage so far?
Greg
I get 17miles overall with my 22's, and 19 without my wheels overall.

17-19 was my mpg before this ecu, so it hasn't changed, RH told me his dropped alittle bit also, but not much to complain about..
Old 04-24-2006, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
we are getting the tools to do it all..
Old 04-24-2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by viguera
If I understand it correctly that's exactly what's going on. He took out his Fujita and is back to stock to make sure he's not running lean... now they'll basically tune the car as best they can and then clone his ECU. That's basically the "Tek Stock Tune" program for people that are as basic as they come, and it will net a reasonable amount of hp plus whatever other changes he's done to his car (rev limiter, true WOT, etc).

My guess is that when he goes back to the Fujita -- and people with aftermarket intakes -- they'll have a slight change to the AF ratio to dump more fuel in, to compensate for the extra air mass. That will probably be the "Tek +Intake Tune" version, or whatever they wanna call it.

People with serious mods (like headers) would probably want to dyno their cars before they get the ECU work, so that the correct AF ratio can be set with the new ECU based on what they're running now.

Anything past that (nitrous, crazy mods, midgets under the hood) will probably have to be handled on a case-by-case basis. Right now everybody that has a pretty basic set of bolt-ons should be able to get their ECU cloned to whatever Tek ends up with, and run like the wind.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.
yes, we will learn as we go, I still have my intake installed, don't worry though it looks like we can have people drive up with different mods so we will have all the numbers in no time..
Old 04-24-2006, 02:29 PM

OK guys, we have enough people to get this started, my dyno shop is going to call TS and get this ball rolling, so I'll keep updating for sure..

I'm working on the 4th gen ecu also, I dunno if the program can do those yet. I said all I apologize, but I am working on it..
Old 04-25-2006, 12:15 PM

is there a price break for jumping on the bandwagon early?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 PM
.org extraordinaire

LOL, yeah a free hug from TEK.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
LOL, yeah a free hug from TEK.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:29 PM

ALL THAT ARE IN:

1) chernmax
2) Vigera
3) Ramberg
4) machinist
5) logik05se
6) Frostmaxima
7) !Prjctmax!
8) SEGirl
9) Kam
10) mynameispee
11) cwepruk
12) showlink
13) Greg H
14) 6thgenmax
15) smooth
16) Glude
17) Ridetuner
18) tmbrlnd
19) Omar badu (gets a hug from me)
20) maxmale

there are the people I will contact once we are set to go, so if you wanna be contacted post your name up.

I'm still waiting on the shop to give me a call fellas, if it were up to me, I woulve have started already, but you know, business ****..

TEK..
Old 04-25-2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
ALL THAT ARE IN:

TEK..
Not to mess with you, but did you get your AF business sorted out? I remember you were running a bit lean and they were gonna fix it... when do you anticipate the "final" ECU build will be ready?

You might also wanna split your list between walk-ins and shipped. That way you can tell the shop exactly what they can expect. 15 guys walking in one day might be a bit much depending on how long the upgrade process takes, and I don't know if they wanna split into groups or something...
Old 04-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Kevlo for President

So this is a TS ECU or a piggyback ECU?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by viguera
Not to mess with you, but did you get your AF business sorted out? I remember you were running a bit lean and they were gonna fix it... when do you anticipate the "final" ECU build will be ready?

You might also wanna split your list between walk-ins and shipped. That way you can tell the shop exactly what they can expect. 15 guys walking in one day might be a bit much depending on how long the upgrade process takes, and I don't know if they wanna split into groups or something...
not yet, but I wanna make sure who's in thats all... I have a list at home with the walk-ins...

If we go, I'll ask for a mods list on the cars...
Old 04-25-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
So this is a TS ECU or a piggyback ECU?
TS ecu........
Old 04-25-2006, 03:13 PM

I am not a for sure just so you know (I also have VDC if that matters - which it seems to).

My biggest problem is I can't afford downtime.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:25 PM

sucks,

I just got off the phone with TS, he told me the USA version of the program hasn't been released yet. only the Z program has been released.

so the wait might be longer than I thought

I'm going to have nismo lock this thread until I can get the info we need, and the actual program to do it with, cause I can't do crap without it..
Old 04-25-2006, 03:32 PM

grrr now i'm mad
Old 04-25-2006, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by SEGirl
grrr now i'm mad
I know man, he said they are still in the works of making the program, but on the site is there, I guess is the japan version...
Old 04-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Fu%ck it! I'm still in, the 6th Gen has been plagued by wait, why should this be any different. Tek, I'm camping on this one. At least on this one I know I will have something to gain, my mods deserve no less…..