6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

navigation issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 03:28 AM

navigation issue

so i have a 06 nissan maxi sl with navi.... ****en navi doesnt work.. it blinks on and off and buttons wont work... took it in to nissan to get it fixed and left it there for about 5 hours.. they called me back and said that iw ill have to leave it there for a week and a half while they try to figure out the problem.. so i asked what they did for the 5 hours and they said looked up the issue through thier tech-0line... and was told by an engineer at nissan to swap out individual components from working navi and stick it in one at a time and see what fixes it... and like anyone would do if they decided on making the car a guinea pig so that if this issue comes up agian tey will have a solution i asked if they will provide me with a rental paid for... they said nope..(is that too much to ask for?? even though the car is close to $40k.)so i called nissan at 800 nissan 1 option 7 made a complaint about the issue some regional rep called and said that theres nothing they can do for me.. that i will have to leave my car there and pretty much get fired from work make no money so i gave that lady a little piece of my thoughts.

what should i do? should i ****en go to the dealership and ****en yell in the showroom about the issues until they get it corrected???

(sorry if im not suppose to cuss and if this dosent make sence im kinda still mad about the whole thing)
Old 04-25-2006, 04:21 AM

They should give you a paid rental for work that's done under warranty. Take your car to another dealer.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:31 AM
SuPeRmOd

rental are left up to the dealer. Nissan only pays for them if you get the extended warranty.

So you can shop around and say "i have this problem. can you give me a rental and I will make you my dealer: oil changes, maintenace, service, new car buying, etc."

or B: buy a warranty with Rental option. (later i guess you could get some refunded)

or C: rant and rave in the show room while it's packed with potential sales.

I have B, but would try A if I were you.

You already tried D: call Nissan, but it seems they're not going to bat for you. I would have kept my cool and tried to go up the ladder until someone agreed "I have a defective part. The entire unit should be replaced, and you can test my parts on your time with your cars."

My dealer also has a Day driver service aswell.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:41 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Agree with NismoMax80, Sheehy Nissan of Waldorf only gave me a rental once when I pounced on them. There policy is no Rental. Annapolis Nissan is if you have to leave your car, you get a rental or even a day driver!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 05:16 AM

good info imma probably call the regional rep agian ask for her super and go up then i guess i jump the gun and get on option C har har har ***** fukkaz