6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

birthday gift to my max !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 06:58 AM

birthday gift to my max !!

so, my car turned 1 year and two days yesterday...(in my possesion though) so i went to the dealer to see what i could see around and get form it to celebrate and keep it feeling like new... does anyone know what i got ??

well, i traded my car in and got me a 2006 LE Armada.fully loaded. it was the very same one that was at the virginia auto show about three months ago and then went to the autoshow at DC. when i took it for a test drive it had 51 miles on it and i left the dealer with it having 74 miles.

it has navigation, dvd, rear seats monitor, rear captain seats, third row seats, back up sensors, rear view camera, signal in the mirrors, iluminated entry, folding heated mirrors, electric tailgate to open and close, sunroof, aux input for the ipod, video inputs... i dunno all the toys i guess oh yeah and a 28gl tank !! wow...

i will post pictures later on today if anyone is interested...

i was wondering if anyone knows of a forum like this for the armada ?? i hope there is one...let me know guys please...thank you !!

and thank you guys for all the support for the past year !!

Luigi
Old 05-31-2006, 07:22 AM

congrats on the purchase
Old 05-31-2006, 07:38 AM

congrats man
Old 05-31-2006, 07:49 AM

so wait its your cars 1year birthday and you trade her in for a diff car?
lol
thats some birthday gift to your maxima. they prolly going to sell it to a granny and be a slow daily driver all sad and miserable.

but congrats on that armada that thing is a beast! with class of course
Old 05-31-2006, 07:57 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by jingiko
so wait its your cars 1year birthday and you trade her in for a diff car?
lol
thats some birthday gift to your maxima. they prolly going to sell it to a granny and be a slow daily driver all sad and miserable.

but congrats on that armada that thing is a beast! with class of course
areyou owning or leasing thease cars?

Kam
Old 05-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Not for rookies!!

Good luck man.
You do know that gas prices are on the rise again, right?
Old 05-31-2006, 08:18 AM
*moderator*

That sounds like the worst gift you could have given your max!!! Sounds more like it was YOUR birthday...
Old 05-31-2006, 08:35 AM

lol, seriously
Old 05-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
That sounds like the worst gift you could have given your max!!! Sounds more like it was YOUR birthday...
lol but nice car nonetheless
Old 05-31-2006, 09:10 AM

man I wish it was my birthday.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:11 AM
SuPeRmOd

IB4armada28gallonneedsrefilledmorethanmax

13mpg FTL

http://www.google.com/search?q=armad...en-US:official
Old 05-31-2006, 09:41 AM
gec

Another member gone...geez...wonder if I am missing out on something...Anyway, luigi its been good bro --- stick around you always been a good contributor...kenny

Old 05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by mynameispee
lol but nice car nonetheless

Agreed they are nice, I wanted to get my wife an Armada but we went with a Trailblazer instead, just threw 20's on it as well. Wouldn't trade the Max for it though!!
Here's a pic, sorry to go

Old 05-31-2006, 11:49 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

is that really a gift? giving it away...
Old 05-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Not for rookies!!

I would hate to see what he gives his wife on their anniversary.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:42 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by UnMaTcHeD
I would hate to see what he gives his wife on their anniversary.
lol....
Old 05-31-2006, 01:16 PM

my friend has the fx45
8mpg nyc .....
Old 05-31-2006, 01:21 PM

So on my next wedding anniversary, can I also do a trade in for a newer model?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
is that really a gift? giving it away...
I guess when somebody else buys it, it will be THEIR gift.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:28 PM
vsamoylov

28 gallon tank? have fun filling that thing up.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by lclrod
So on my next wedding anniversary, can I also do a trade in for a newer model?
LMFA0 WERD!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:10 PM
GrandPa

Good luck with your new ride. 84 dollars to fill up if gas is 3 dollars a gallon.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:28 PM

Congratulations .... there is a lot of BLING BLING on them there wheels! Good luck with the newborn!

It was a pleasure sharing this forum with you Luigi ....Ciao.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:01 PM

1 year SHIMMY birthday comming up

you just inspired me how to celebrate my Max's 1 year SHIMMY !
Old 06-05-2006, 06:12 PM

wow guys...i cant stop laughing my axz off !!

yeah..well, i actually went to the dealer because my friend called me and told me aboutt these rims he saw at the dealership..he knew i was looking for rims for the longest and so he thought i would love those rims... i got to the dealership and sure they were really nice...that was the ''planned'' bday present to my max...till the manager of the dealership saw me, thats when the max started to loose...lol

one funny thing guys ?? when i parked the max at the dealer...it read 27800 miles...no 27801 nor 27853 nuthing...27800 it was kinda cool detail...

so anyway the manager basically snatche the keys off my hand and he told me '' i have been waiting for you !! i havent seen you for a couple of days now...what happen ?? he didnt even let me reply when he said...let me show you what i was saving for you !!

took me to the armada section, and i told him, i love them but i am not in the market for a car right now...i just want those rims in my cars...thats it... i guess i was speaking spanish cause he acted like i didnt say anything... gave me the whole run down... he already had the keys in his pocket and so we left for the test drive, after me telling him again i wasnt taking it.... when i started the truck it had 51 miles on it.

this truck has all the options armada has to offer but satellite radio..it was part of the VA auto show and then the DC autoshow...

well, they paid off my car ...an 05 SL with 27800 miles on it...i owed 26525.00 on it..they paid it off and i took the armada... sticker price was 51000... i got a BIG discount, i am not talking about a couple of thousand dollars..no no no... if you build the armada online with all, i mean all the options...it will come out to about 48000, not my price, so, i couldnt let this pass...

Thank you guys for all the nice comments and all...thank you for sharing all your knoledge with me all along and trust me i will be around....

one thing...this site rocks... i found clubarmada.com and trust me, nuthing, nuthing but nuthin compared to this site.... but oh well...i will be looking around...

take care guys.... and i am really thinking about the gift for my wife on our anniversary...um, i wonder what the possibilities are....lol

Luigi
Old 06-05-2006, 06:39 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

Good luck with the new car. I got rid of my gas guzzling expedition when my gas was higher than my note. I had a 25 gal. gas tank. That's a nice truck but someone else is going to get the gift. Oh yeah I did see it at the auto show in Washinton. If that is the same truck that was one sweet trruck. See you at the gas station lol. One question are you going to use premium or regular.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Not for rookies!!

At least post some pics for us before you say your last goodbyes
Old 06-05-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by UnMaTcHeD
At least post some pics for us before you say your last goodbyes
sure will...i just dont want to take crappy camera-phone quality pics...but i wont leave you guys without sharing some pics....

Luigi
Old 06-05-2006, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by kdejour
Good luck with the new car. I got rid of my gas guzzling expedition when my gas was higher than my note. I had a 25 gal. gas tank. That's a nice truck but someone else is going to get the gift. Oh yeah I did see it at the auto show in Washinton. If that is the same truck that was one sweet trruck. See you at the gas station lol. One question are you going to use premium or regular.

gas, gas, gas.... so far...3 days after i bought it... 1055 miles after... from VA to NY i had an average of 17.5 miles per gallon...yes big difference from the 30 i used to get with the max...but if that is the case, i might as well go and get me a scion or worse a toyota hibryd... is like if you had to go from ny to cali...you could rent a car and go..or you could take a plane and go there...or the bus... but then you rather take the plane, but not just that...you also go first class... there are always many options but sometimes you just say ''ahhh what the hell !!''

i am running my own small bussines right now, and everytime i needed to get something in my max i would crap in my pants...really... i would end up making 2 or 3 trips because i didnt want to put a very heavy load on it... it really compensates... if you look at it...

before:
20 gals tank 3.20 per gallon premium...25 mpg average = 500 miles 64 bucks a tank
stylin in a nice car
worry about putting heavy stuff on it
not much room but comfy ( i am 6' my brother is 6'2'' my dad 6'1'' my mom 5'11'')

after
28 gals tank...2.90 per gallon, 17 miles average = 476 miles 81 ` 85 bucks a tank...
stylin in a very BIG and nice car...
going over obstacles like there is nothing in front of me...
room for 7 passengers very comfortably and 12 cupholders and still room for enough cargo

i honestly think it is not all that bad...

i will be running regular on this, its on the manual and the dealer recomends it...so...yeah...

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!

LOL

Luigi
Old 06-06-2006, 09:19 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

Originally Posted by luigi'smax
gas, gas, gas.... so far...3 days after i bought it... 1055 miles after... from VA to NY i had an average of 17.5 miles per gallon...yes big difference from the 30 i used to get with the max...but if that is the case, i might as well go and get me a scion or worse a toyota hibryd... is like if you had to go from ny to cali...you could rent a car and go..or you could take a plane and go there...or the bus... but then you rather take the plane, but not just that...you also go first class... there are always many options but sometimes you just say ''ahhh what the hell !!''

i am running my own small bussines right now, and everytime i needed to get something in my max i would crap in my pants...really... i would end up making 2 or 3 trips because i didnt want to put a very heavy load on it... it really compensates... if you look at it...

before:
20 gals tank 3.20 per gallon premium...25 mpg average = 500 miles 64 bucks a tank
stylin in a nice car
worry about putting heavy stuff on it
not much room but comfy ( i am 6' my brother is 6'2'' my dad 6'1'' my mom 5'11'')

after
28 gals tank...2.90 per gallon, 17 miles average = 476 miles 81 ` 85 bucks a tank...
stylin in a very BIG and nice car...
going over obstacles like there is nothing in front of me...
room for 7 passengers very comfortably and 12 cupholders and still room for enough cargo

i will be running regular on this, its on the manual and the dealer recomends it...so...yeah...

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!

LOL

Luigi
Hey man I feel you on that. You only live once and you should enjoy that bad boy alot. Hell if gas was reasonable I would by one myself. Good luck with the business and don't forget the parting shots of the max.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:18 PM

wow...sorry but kinda late for the departing shots of the maxima... since i didnt know i was gona leave her behind that day i didnt have a camera nor took pics before anything...so no pics of her...but it was looking pretty much just like before...

Originally Posted by kdejour
Hey man I feel you on that. You only live once and you should enjoy that bad boy alot. Hell if gas was reasonable I would by one myself. Good luck with the business and don't forget the parting shots of the max.
Luigi
Old 06-07-2006, 05:34 AM

Do u my man! Congrats on your purchase. You must of saved a hell of alot to pull a one day deal. Now let's see the toys in the Armada
Old 06-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Call me crazy for suggesting this, but wasn't it kind of silly to ditch a perfectly good car for a voracious gas guzzler that is also one of the top 10 least reliable vehicles in America?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:33 AM

You're killing me! I wanted to get my wife the Armada! But I couldn't afford it, so I went with the new pathfinder SE in black. Good luck with it, and know that I'm envious!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by d00df00d
Call me crazy for suggesting this, but wasn't it kind of silly to ditch a perfectly good car for a voracious gas guzzler that is also one of the top 10 least reliable vehicles in America?
is cool, i dont see it as ditching a perfect car, i just saw it as an upgrade, also my needs had change and i need it more room and power to haul stuff, and i didnt want to ruin the max even trying to do half the task.

as far as the car beign one of the least reliable cars in america...ummm is cool, i have a warranty and i will make sure they handle any issues that might come up with this vehicle...it doesnt matter what car one gets, issues will pop here and there... the guy acrros street from me has a ferrari, lambo, bentley a mercedes and a hummer... i think the ones that spend the most time at the dealer are the ferrari and the bentley for some kind of crappy issues and those two are the one he uses the least for thos e reasons..alway something with those... it doesnt matter what car you have, u will have issues from time to time..they are made by people and i bet someone was high at the time they put the assemble the engine and had parts left... i hope i dont have any issues with it though, i loved so far..the only thing i really dont like is the color but i guess it will grow on me..or so i hope... lol

Luigi
Old 06-07-2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by NVRSATISFYD
You're killing me! I wanted to get my wife the Armada! But I couldn't afford it, so I went with the new pathfinder SE in black. Good luck with it, and know that I'm envious!
thanks !! you dont have to envy me...that is also a very nice vehicle ...but my mada will run over your pathfinder...!! lol j/k

well, see thats an issue... you said i will not spend more than 29k (for example) and then go shopping, see this car (xterra), fully loaded, all the wisthles and all for 29k, and you are like umm..this is it, but then turn around, see a different car(pathfinder), half loaded, bigger, nicer, more responsive and it is 30K, so you say well, it is only 1k difference, i could do it..., what if i was to loaded??...33K and then turn around and see the beast(armada) base model for 36K, much much more vehicle, bigger, nicer and be like oh yeah !! it is worth it. but i want leather...oh and 4x4 ( i honestly think it is stupid to get a 4x2 truck... just my opinion there though), oh and let me get the sunroof so i can stare at the stars on the long drives...oh and the dvd system for the kids so they can shut the hell up on the same long trips so i can enjoy the stars, and the tow package so i can haul the boat or the house if i need to, or both, i mean i can haul 9.000lbs with the armada, oh and dont forget the power lift tailgate so when i have a handful of groceries i dont strain myself opening the tailgate...well you get the idea, at the end you end up spending double what you planned for , i just went to the dealer to buy my maxima some rims...nuthing else...