6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

I have '07 Maxima brochure

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 01:20 PM

I have '07 Maxima brochure

Just came in at my dealer and I snagged one.

If it weren't such a task (and maybe a copywrite violation), I'd scan it to a pdf and get the admins to host it for me.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

good lookin out
Old 06-19-2006, 01:40 PM

Someone said at one point that the orange center stack display was gone. Oops, sorry ... NOT.

This is apparently the non-Navi display:

Apparently, at least part of the display is now dot matrix, though.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

..................Excellent!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:03 PM

Here's the colors:

Looks like you can finally get a Cafe Latte interior with the "bronze" color (now called Pebble Beach) in an SE ... but only if you also get the Sensory Pkg. That's weird to me, making color choices dependent on getting certain options.

Also, I see the pale gold color is gone (whatever it was called).
Old 06-19-2006, 06:25 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Someone said at one point that the orange center stack display was gone. Oops, sorry ... NOT.

Well, at least now it plays MP3 CDs.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:41 PM

Here's something I just read - TCS (traction control system) is STANDARD across the line!

Some people may like that and some may not, since it has been said by some to make the torque steer worse in ways.

Interesting.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:02 PM
gec

First person to bring me one gets it changed for free

Old 06-19-2006, 08:02 PM

still cant get white with black leather.

i hate that
Old 06-19-2006, 08:10 PM

Looks like a cross between an Altima SE-R and a Infiniti M45........sorry, probaly said in the other forum, but I thought I might mention it myself.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:15 PM

Here's the colors:

[IMG]http://www.mrossnet.com/07MaximaBrochure_3.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.mrossnet.com/07MaximaBrochure_4.jpg[/IMG

Looks like you can finally get a Cafe Latte interior with the "bronze" color (now called Pebble Beach) in an SE ... but only if you also get the Sensory Pkg. That's weird to me, making color choices dependent on getting certain options.

Also, I see the pale gold color is gone (whatever it was called).
NOOO!! Wheres the pink color I asked for
Old 06-20-2006, 06:19 AM

To nick^^^
Old 06-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Livin dreams thru his Maxima

Damn I wish I had to money to buy one ... sux
Old 06-20-2006, 07:47 AM

Anybody notice the frontend is different? Or did I get here late?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:13 AM

The stock SE rims look a little better than before, is there a closeup of them in the brochure?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:58 AM

why dont you guys just check out the nissan website, they've got all the details on the car and some pictures of it also
Old 06-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Banned

The rims have one more spoke on them, im glad to see the skyview is still there. on the outside though, nobody is going to be able to differentiate this from a 2004....espiacially considering how many people think I own an altima.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

mmmm Precision Grey looks great
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mshabelm
The stock SE rims look a little better than before, is there a closeup of them in the brochure?
No, no closeups of wheels. This airbag picture has the best shot of them, and it's not too good. (Also, my scan is pretty bad, too ... sorry). Most of the pix have the wheels spinning, so you can't tell much about them.

BTW, the SE wheels and the SL wheels look alike to me, except the SL wheels are 17's. This pic looks to be an SL, since there's no spoiler.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:13 AM

6Speed Manual Trannie Not Offered on 2007 SE

I checked out the 2007 Max on the NissanUSA site and see that the only transmission option available on the SE (to replace the standard CV Trannie) is the Auto Trannie.

The 6 Speed Manual Trannie has been dropped for 2007.

Nissan may yet see their error in dropping this option, but don't hold your breath. Looks like my next car will not be a Max -- and that I will work to get the maximum mileage out of my 2004 before I buy a new vehicle. * What a Crock !
Old 06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
dla

There is ONLY a CVT. There is no other option. The manual-matic mode is still there to simulate a geared trans.

Any why is all this stuff not in the '07 STICKY???

Originally Posted by SilverMax_04
I checked out the 2007 Max on the NissanUSA site and see that the only transmission option available on the SE (to replace the standard CV Trannie) is the Auto Trannie.

The 6 Speed Manual Trannie has been dropped for 2007.

Nissan may yet see their error in dropping this option, but don't hold your breath. Looks like my next car will not be a Max -- and that I will work to get the maximum mileage out of my 2004 before I buy a new vehicle. * What a Crock !
Old 06-20-2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by dla
There is ONLY a CVT. There is no other option. The manual-matic mode is still there to simulate a geared trans.
The NissanUSA site says that for the 07 SE you can order an Auto Trannie (presumably the 5 speed auto trannie) as an option. But the 6-speed manual trannie is no longer show as an option.

But the standard trannie for an Altima SE-R is the 6-speed manual. Looks like my next car will be an "R." But I would rather have a Max with the 6-speed.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by Pendarus
Anybody notice the frontend is different? Or did I get here late?
.............................................:lolr un:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=466806

Your about 401 replies late...
Old 06-20-2006, 10:39 PM

CVT the Only Trannie on 07 Maxima

I was wrong, I was reading too fast. I read the line "select transmission" on the web site -- when in fact Nissan does not let you choose a transmission -- you can only get the CVT. Then they went and called the CVT an "automatic transmission" -- which is not what I would call a CV trannie, but that is what Nissan is calling it. Hope they realize that some enthusiasts don't want a CVT and offer more trannie options in the future.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:55 AM
dla

I was waiting for you to come to this conclusion! This trannie issue has been beaten down for like the last three months. Enthusiasts or not, Max is for now a CVT.

I was wrong, I was reading too fast. I read the line "select transmission" on the web site --
Originally Posted by chernmax
.............................................:lolr un:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=466806

Your about 401 replies late...
Old 06-21-2006, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by dla
Enthusiasts or not, Max is for now a CVT.
IMHO they are making a mistake by abandoning the Max enthusiasts. My next car will likely (but not for certain) be an Altima with a 6-speed. This assumes that they don't decide to put only CVTs on Altimas, too.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
The rims have one more spoke on them, im glad to see the skyview is still there. on the outside though, nobody is going to be able to differentiate this from a 2004....espiacially considering how many people think I own an altima.
Those rims are far less aggressive looking than the current 18 inch 6 spokes on the 04-06 Se's to me.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Minarets
still cant get white with black leather.

i hate that

I hate black leather ... lol just my .02 cents...im glad I have white with tan leather yaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 06-22-2006, 07:41 PM
gec

IMHO they are making a mistake by abandoning the Max enthusiasts. My next car will likely (but not for certain) be an Altima with a 6-speed.
and thats what nissan is aiming for you to do...their method behind the madness....kinda sad...3 generations of max's I've owned and was looking forward to a 2010....hmmmmmm

Old 06-23-2006, 01:35 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

No six speed offered is kinda weird to me. One of the best things about the max was the fact that you could have it with the manual. I guess us Max fans are like the baby boomers. It's time for us to face reality that we are getting old and our little baby max is all grown up . Damn this sucks. The next few years our Maxima will be like a buick and the Altimas will be zipping by us and we will be saying "look at them crazy kids".
Old 06-23-2006, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by kdejour
No six speed offered is kinda weird to me. One of the best things about the max was the fact that you could have it with the manual. I guess us Max fans are like the baby boomers. It's time for us to face reality that we are getting old and our little baby max is all grown up . Damn this sucks. The next few years our Maxima will be like a buick and the Altimas will be zipping by us and we will be saying "look at them crazy kids".
And i might be one of those, kids,... sad but true, im really thinking about replacing my 04 elite max with an 07 alti, have you seen all the features
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/12/n...of-the-altima/
its really tempty..
of course ill be trading back when the 08s come out
Old 06-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Nightmare = Reality

GRR NO 6-Speed!

I got one of the last 5thgen SEs with the titanium pckg but unfortunately could only get the auto at the time (april 04 with deals on the 5th gen) and i was genuinely looking at the 07 since the 6th gen really isnt what i like. here i see everything better on the 07 (cept for that blasted saturn ion rear) and WHAT? NO 6-SPEED? bye bye Maxima patriotism. I guess I'll go after an 07 Altima. the styling is more Crisp now and at least im not confusing it with a car worth half as much. I don't really like the cheaper interior materials though when compared to the Maxima. . . Maybe with Gas prices i'll just do the 07 Sentra. . .what you all think?
Old 06-24-2006, 03:45 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by gec
and thats what nissan is aiming for you to do...their method behind the madness....kinda sad...3 generations of max's I've owned and was looking forward to a 2010....hmmmmmm
I was looking forward to the 7th gen too. Oh well, this is just more incentive for me to save up for a 5-series BMW.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:13 PM

Everyone should just be patient and wait to see the 7th gen is going to look like.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:14 PM

One of the best things about the max was the fact that you could have it with the manual. . . . Damn this sucks. The next few years our Maxima will be like a buick and the Altimas will be zipping by us and we will be saying "look at them crazy kids".
This does suck. You don't have to be either crazy or a kid to want a 6-speed manual trannie. I like the luxury of the Max over the Altima -- but I have to have a manual trannie. Guess I'll have to give up my Max luxury to get the trannie I want. Given that it is essentially the same VQ engine in both and they are both built on the same assembly line, I don't see why Nissan could not put an Altima engine and manual trannie in a Max as an option. Damn.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by MAX2DAMAX
And i might be one of those, kids,... sad but true, im really thinking about replacing my 04 elite max with an 07 alti, have you seen all the features
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/12/n...of-the-altima/
its really tempty..
of course ill be trading back when the 08s come out
That altima has come a long way. My goodness it almost eliminates the max. I might even consider that. I will probably go for the m45 atleast it will make growing old feel alot better with a muscle luxury car. I will make my girl get the altima so I can remember what the max used to be.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:29 PM

This does suck. You don't have to be either crazy or a kid to want a 6-speed manual trannie. I like the luxury of the Max over the Altima -- but I have to have a manual trannie. Guess I'll have to give up my Max luxury to get the trannie I want. Given that it is essentially the same VQ engine in both and they are both built on the same assembly line, I don't see why Nissan could not put an Altima engine and manual trannie in a Max as an option. Damn.
Funny thing about all of this is Nissan is trying to make there car to compete with some of the other boring family sedans. It is a nice car but most people who buy the max are repeat buyers or has always admired the sporty side . I have owned three maximas and they are taking from it what makes it a good bang for the buck. I thought that the infinity m series was the way to go for the older crowd and the max was the more performance side. The only reason Nissan made it through the hard times was because of loyalty. Is is just me or is it hard to understand the direction they are going? Toyota sells camrys like bottled water at a track meet and they redsigned the camry and the avalon to look sportier. They have the lexus side to get the older people. The exception seems to be the is models. Oh well guess we have to wait a few years to see where they go with this.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:57 PM

. . . I thought that the infinity m series was the way to go for the older crowd and the max was the more performance side. . . . Is is just me or is it hard to understand the direction they are going? Toyota sells camrys like bottled water at a track meet and they redsigned the camry and the avalon to look sportier. They have the lexus side to get the older people. The exception seems to be the is models. Oh well guess we have to wait a few years to see where they go with this.
I'm a part of "the older crowd" -- but guess I don't fit the mold. I want a manual trannie and the complete control it gives over any other trannie. I also want some better than "Buick performance" from my car, although I don't race her. Like to get my foot down, with the trannie in a lower gear, when merging onto an expressway -- again it is a matter of control -- I want it to the Max.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:43 PM

I'm a part of "the older crowd" -- but guess I don't fit the mold. I want a manual trannie and the complete control it gives over any other trannie. I also want some better than "Buick performance" from my car, although I don't race her. Like to get my foot down, with the trannie in a lower gear, when merging onto an expressway -- again it is a matter of control -- I want it to the Max.
I feel you on that. Of course the max doesn't perform like a buick. I like the control of of a manual. I have my old 95 for that. I guess I'm getting older although I bought an sl I can still swap with my cousin for her 06 six speed. I probably drive her car more than my own car. I told her that there were no more sticks coming out and I think I heard her cry. I guess the six speeds are now a collectors item. Hold on to them if you have them cause this is it
Old 06-26-2006, 07:35 PM

I like the control of of a manual. . . I can still swap with my cousin for her 06 six speed. I probably drive her car more than my own car. I told her that there were no more sticks coming out and I think I heard her cry. I guess the six speeds are now a collectors item. Hold on to them if you have them cause this is it.
You are right (about control) and wrong (for now) about the demise of the 6-speed. That trannie in 07 will still be available as an option on a V-6 Altima. Hopefully Nissan will not completely abandon the stick trannie.

Quick Reply: I have '07 Maxima brochure