6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Koni/KYB-AGX or KYB GR2/KYB GR2

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
well coilovers will give you a much harsher ride compared to struts and shocks however...much more stability. however the dropping and raising...is goin to be a ***** everytime. don't forget coilovers are adjusted one by one. so you have to be pretty precise with each one. nd you can only raise it by sooo much. unless you plan on changin out your coilovers back to struts and shocks during the winters and changin em back in the spring and summer...buh then thats just annoying after awhile...lolxz

well for teins its a matter of adjusting the clamps on the coil. buh every coilover company gives you two special wrenchs to do it. with the wrenchs its not that badd only thing is that you have to be pretty close to each one otherwise your car is goin to be uneven and tilt. buh i think tein has a dampening sytem which only i think controls ride stiffness not height. nd thts a push of the button thing inside the car.

Thanks for the info. If I go with K sports how much harsher and how much can I expect to raise it and lower it. I heard that the K sport are not as harsh and you can even adjust the dampening to help with this. Is there a better way to raise the car in winter? Say with a strut/shock combo? I did some preliminary investigations and did not find much.

Thanks MisterSparkle!