6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

RACINGLINE MotorMount Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:02 PM
.org extraordinaire

RACINGLINE MotorMount Inserts

Ok........

So MY FAVOURITE MOD TO DATE!!! and i really mean favourite!!

Why, cause it stops the egine from rocking back and forth, eliminates all wheel hop and put power right down to the wheels!!!!

What is is?

Racingline (TAZ) Motor Mount Inserts or also know as Engine Mount Inserts.

Check them out.

http://www.tranquilityhomecomfort.ca...MI/inserts.htm

Click on Inserts. And watch the video with them at the bottom of the page, see how little the engine actually moves? Hehehe.....doest even come close to the strut brace.. all power is directed straight to the wheels instead of being lost in the mounting system.

Total install time front mount 25 minutes, rear mount 60 minutes.

Kamski
Old 11-12-2006, 03:11 PM

ok i understand the idea...however...i don't see what exactly is it that is different...i mean that idea would be great how much are we lookin at for the mod? and does any garage do it or what? how hard is it to do youself?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
ok i understand the idea...however...i don't see what exactly is it that is different...i mean that idea would be great how much are we lookin at for the mod? and does any garage do it or what? how hard is it to do youself?
on all questions
Old 11-12-2006, 06:29 PM
.org extraordinaire

1) You insert a piece of rubber into another piece of rubber, uhmm hmmm...... k, think of sex....... no wait, yeah, you know what that is right? SEX? LMFAO!!! jokes

2) It took me about 25 minutes to install the front insert, basicaly it slides into the empty space inside of the motor mount, therefore make the mount stiffer.

3) The rear took TAZ about an hour to install, considering he had to remove the y-pipe to install it.

4) Any shop that can install a motor mount can install thease inserts no sweat.

5) They prevent the engine from rocking back and forth, if you ever stomp on you gas and feel like the car is gonna fall apart cause it shakes, thats called wheel hop. THEASE INSERTS STOP THAT TOTALY

6) You get better acceleration because there is no transfer loses in the mountsystem, all power goes directly into the wheels as opposed to twisting the engine in the engine bay.

7) I shti you not when I say this is by far my favouirte mod to date, my shifter became so much more responisve and the car snaps into gear instead of clunking into them.

ANYTHING ELSE MHISTHA SPWAWRKO?

Kamski
Old 11-12-2006, 06:32 PM
.org extraordinaire

...i mean that idea would be great how much are we lookin at for the mod? and does any garage do it or what? how hard is it to do youself?
IDEA???? BRO THEY ARE ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY CAR AND ARE READY FOR SALE!!!

I think TAZ is doing the first 10 sets at $50..... but dont quote me on it.

There will be two versions:

Street: Thick Poluyeurathane Medium Density
TrackR: Thick Poluyeurathane High Density

The TrackR version will send more engine vibrations into your cabin but your car will just mission through the gears without twisting the engine in the frame.

Kamski
Old 11-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

TrackR version

Let me know when available, I will buy a set.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:51 PM
TAZ

Here are a few better pictures, They are from an altima but the are very, very similar to the maxima inserts

Basically the VQ engine has alot of movement, most of you know this already. excessive engine movement does several things: 1) it creates wheels hop-wheel hop is annoying, bad for the car, and also reduces off the line traction. 2) under "spirited" driving conditions the engine and transmission are actually out of alignment with the shift linkage, creating a less accurate shift and sometimes resulting in grinding gears or a "notchy feeling" when shifting hard into 2nd and 3rd.

Inserts clean all that up as seen in the video from the first post, engine movement is significantly reduced to the point it almost non- existent. Street series ( currently the only one available) has little to no effect on interior vibrations. Coming soon is a "race series" where the inserts is non-complyent ( rock hard). I have yet to test these in a maxima yet so I do not know what side effects exist yet. Although in the altimas there is still near no additional vibrations.

Inserts are made from polyurethane, cost is $48.95usd (reg price) and you can order them directly from my site.

They can be installed on your own in the driveway but you will curse. Especially if you are not used to doing this type of mod. I recommend removal of your Y pipe to aid the installation as space is very tight. Removal of the pipe is easy and takes only 10min ( 8-14mm nuts all very accessable )
Old 11-12-2006, 06:59 PM

group deals available?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:17 PM

would the trackr version be equivalent to the energy suspension version [if they had one]
Old 11-12-2006, 11:55 PM

ok...so lets put it this way its supposed to reduce power lose from the crank to the wheels. now i'm asking this cause all my honda friendz crack on my max for this reason that i think nissans loose THE most power from crank to wheel ratio.

now for the question. how much power will be lost now? i believe the orginal was about 20% of power is lost from crank to wheel. how about now?

wait sorry but taz is this only for manuals? i'm very slow on these types of uptake...sorry? if so i'm assuming that it won't benifit automatics? thanks
Old 11-13-2006, 04:04 AM
TAZ

these do not make extra power. they simply make more effective use of power. Auto's can benefit also as they reduce wheel hop and better apply the power, manuals get the added bonus of better shifting. I have yet to test fit an auto, that is the only reason they are not available for auto's yet.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:29 AM
The original VQ...

Are they the same for the 5thgen?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:38 AM
TAZ

I'm not sure, a 5th gen VQ35 probably, but I need a test car. For now the only confirmed fitments are for 04+ Manual transmissions
Old 11-13-2006, 03:10 PM

Will there be any more harshness or vibrations when using the street version compared to OEM?

Also Taz, any word on developing a front swaybar linkage like the rear's we all bought?

CM
Old 11-13-2006, 03:23 PM

will there be one available for the automatics any time soon? i would really be interested in getting one
Old 11-13-2006, 04:37 PM

in for automatics (when they're available)
Old 11-13-2006, 09:52 PM

I'm not sure what can be done for auto's. There are two computer controlled mounts, one fluid mount, and one rubber mount.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 PM

Two motor mounts are the same between auto/manual. Can Kam or Taz shoot me pics or diagrams of which mounts the inserts go to so I can match them up to see if autos can use them.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:17 PM
TAZ

here is a pic of what the mounts in the 3.5 manual look like.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:31 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Nietzsche
Two motor mounts are the same between auto/manual. Can Kam or Taz shoot me pics or diagrams of which mounts the inserts go to so I can match them up to see if autos can use them.
If they have the angular slot and the smiley face, I think you should be ok.

Kamski
Old 11-14-2006, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by taz
these do not make extra power. they simply make more effective use of power. Auto's can benefit also as they reduce wheel hop and better apply the power, manuals get the added bonus of better shifting. I have yet to test fit an auto, that is the only reason they are not available for auto's yet.
true however in a sense it is making more power...what i was trying to say is we would be making more power to the tires...and i guessed right thanks. but listen taz if you can i mean can you see if it would fit a auto 6th gen? cause i'm really looking to keep the wheel hop to a min.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
If they have the angular slot and the smiley face, I think you should be ok.

Kamski
kam...your too much...right buh too much...lolxz
Old 11-14-2006, 06:44 PM

Well I have the part print outs and it shows that the part numbers are the same between the front and rear mounts for the most part. I just took a quick look and even though it's dark the front mount doesn't look like your pick. It has a much bigger opening like a trapezoid instead of an angular slot. I'll get a better look in the morning and try and snap a pic or two.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:55 PM

in for automatics when they are available - hopefully i'll make the first $50
Old 11-14-2006, 08:18 PM
.org extraordinaire

kam...your too much...right buh too much...lolxz
I rock like a rockstarsupernova!! LMFAO!!!

Can anyone take some pictures of the automatic tranny mounts?

On a side note, TAZ - Thanks for your help with the install and your patience on waiting there for me to drop off the other stuff at that Mac's Milk...... fer er uhmmm..... 45 minutes late

I really love thease motor mount inserts, man i cant get enough of my car, I shift through all the gears just for fun again

Oh TAZ, I got fitted with my uniform today and man I be pimpin it.

Kamski
Old 11-15-2006, 12:32 AM

do you notice a difference with vibrations and the street kit?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:59 AM

with the street version it's minimal to none vibration...with the track version you will feel it...says kam/taz
Old 11-15-2006, 08:10 AM

What is the installation itself like. Support the motor from below, pull out the mount, install inserts. Reinstall? Something that can be done in the driveway?

CM
Old 11-15-2006, 08:17 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
What is the installation itself like. Support the motor from below, pull out the mount, install inserts. Reinstall? Something that can be done in the driveway?

CM
Exactly!! The rear one is a little mor difficult because the y-pipe is in the way, since I'm a big guy it would have been difficult for me to get my hand up in there. Taz is also a big guy and since he did the rear install he removed the y-pipe. All in all the rear mount should take about 60 minutes the front one about 20 minutes.

Kam
Old 11-15-2006, 08:18 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by marshallc
do you notice a difference with vibrations and the street kit?
none, should be very little vibrations from the stiffer one also.

Kamski
Old 11-15-2006, 11:41 AM

I have an exploded technical diagram of the engine mounts, but nowhere to host the pic. Can anyone help with that, I'm sure it would help anyone wondering about how everything is put together under there.

CM
Old 11-16-2006, 11:14 AM

I took some pics of the front motor mounts, but the rear was impossible to get a good picture. When I get home later I'll post them along with the part numbers. Honestly I don't see the computer controlled mounts from the part numbers. They look the same to me except for the side mount.

If someone where willing to send me a set I could test fit them and send back whatever didn't work and pay for what did.

Just a thought.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:58 PM

I Am Def In For Automatic.......
Old 11-16-2006, 08:33 PM

di

As you can see from the part numbers the front and rear mounts are identical except for one bolt.

So like I said I'd be willing to test fit.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:57 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Nietzsche

di

As you can see from the part numbers the front and rear mounts are identical except for one bolt.

So like I said I'd be willing to test fit.
That looks identical to mine, so the MMI's will fit both cars!! GUYS!! ORDER AWAY

Kamski
Old 11-17-2006, 02:07 PM

So I talked with Taz and will be getting a set to test fit on my Auto, just waiting for his advice on race or street version.

I'll keep you all posted.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:38 PM

are these available to the public to order yet, lol ?
Old 11-18-2006, 08:05 PM

Set's been ordered and should have them by Friday hopefully. Probably won't get a chance to put them in until Monday or Tuesday though, to cold to work outside.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:20 PM

let us know how it affects autos...

hopefully looking forward to similar affect as the manuals...

bascially less power lose to the tires from the crank and more of the 265 HP to the tires...damn right.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:22 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by eK9aT10pSi
are these available to the public to order yet, lol ?
TO Public, MANUAL Only.

Automatics will find out shortly.

Kamski

Quick Reply: RACINGLINE MotorMount Inserts