6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Sway bar for 2006 SE

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 04:17 AM

Sway bar for 2006 SE

OK, some of you know that I had a 2006 Altima SE and put on NISMO Sways, Intake, and Exhaust. The car was great, and I regret trading it in sometimes.

At any rate, I have looked at all the threads on here, (including many of the stickies) and cant seem to find a sway kit for the 2006 Maxima. I would really like to find one, as I know what a difference the upgrade makes.

Does anyone know if there is one available? Everyone that I see seems to fot 2004, but NOT 2006.

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think they're the same.. some parts say they don't fit 07 because no one's tried it yet .. although by now I'm sure some have..

my recommendation, send a PM to Cattman.. you can find some of his threads in the group deals section of the classifieds with more information and more parts.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Newbie just Registered

Progress rear sway bar fits '04 to '06, should fit '07 too. Deus has Altima SE-R (24mm) front sway bar on his Max. The Nismo front will fit, rear we're not sure. too bad they only sell them in sets only. Maybe you can look and see if the rear suspension on the Max is similar to the Altima.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
Progress rear sway bar fits '04 to '06, should fit '07 too. Deus has Altima SE-R (24mm) front sway bar on his Max. The Nismo front will fit, rear we're not sure. too bad they only sell them in sets only. Maybe you can look and see if the rear suspension on the Max is similar to the Altima.
like he said...

there is no "Sway Bar KIT" however. these are strong recommendations:

Rear-(2004-2006...maybe 2007) Cattman Progress Rear Sway Bar, (2004) Stillen Rear Sway Bar.

Front-(SE-R Altima) Nismo Front Sway Bar WILL FIT...

NOTE: rear MIGHT be off. IMO it is unnecessary because the progress rear bar is an upgrade of it anyway.

NOTE: Taz's rear endlinks is also strongly recommended for Rear sway bar by probably anyone that has them...lolxz
Old 11-21-2006, 01:42 PM

Thanks guys!

Not sure why everyone mentioned the 2007 as I picked up the 2006 As for comparing the two, I no longer have the Altima. Although it is still at the dealership where I traded it. It is a great deal and only has 17k miles

At any rate, I think I am gonna grab the Progress as I dont want to have to buy a "kit" from NISMO, and everyone seems to be happy with the Progress.

Not looking to pump a ton of money into this ride as I did with the Altima. But the handling inthe Max is not what I thought it would be. Anything right now would be an improvement. I will order and report on the updates.

For those of you who have not upgraded these pieces, DO IT! Its hard to describe the positive difference it makes in handling. Once I had the NISMO's installed on the Altima, it was like a brand new, brand new car I had them installed at about 2500 miles and was amazed at the improvements and confidence it inspired.

Thanks again!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 PM

All things Altima fit Maxima.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Nietzsche
All things Altima fit Maxima.

Neitzsche has spoken! However, this time he's incorrect.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:37 PM

Perhaps my statement was a bit broad, however a 3.5 Altima is pretty much identical to a maxima in running gear especially when looking at the SE-R. The rear subframes are identical, most parts are interchangable. Any suspension upgrade I can think of will fit either car-maybe it's because they are on the same platform.

Either way-Nietzsche says your dead.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 PM

lolxz...its ok...MOST things are interchangable.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Nietzsche
Either way-Nietzsche says your dead.

I'll keep that in mind!

I don't know if the rear suspension is the same on the Altima, since Stillen RSB part number for Altima is different than Maxima; and Progress RSB only fits for Maxima.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:44 PM
.org extraordinaire

I'll keep that in mind!

........and Progress RSB only fits for Maxima.
You happen to be incorrect on that, ask Brian Catts and you'll know

2.5, 3.5, SE-R all the same

Kamski
Old 11-21-2006, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
like he said...

there is no "Sway Bar KIT" however. these are strong recommendations:

Rear-(2004-2006...maybe 2007) Cattman Progress Rear Sway Bar, (2004) Stillen Rear Sway Bar.

Front-(SE-R Altima) Nismo Front Sway Bar WILL FIT...

NOTE: rear MIGHT be off. IMO it is unnecessary because the progress rear bar is an upgrade of it anyway.

NOTE: Taz's rear endlinks is also strongly recommended for Rear sway bar by probably anyone that has them...lolxz
where can i purchase the NISMO front sway?
Old 11-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
You happen to be incorrect on that, ask Brian Catts and you'll know

2.5, 3.5, SE-R all the same

Kamski
I only went by what Progress listed on their website a while back when there was a thread on the Altima SE-R swar bars. So if that's the case, why not just buy the Nismo setup?
Old 11-21-2006, 10:04 PM

please clarify, waht specific parts of altima SE-R will fit out Max? Preferably Nismo parts. Thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ritz
I think they're the same.. some parts say they don't fit 07 because no one's tried it yet .. although by now I'm sure some have..

my recommendation, send a PM to Cattman.. you can find some of his threads in the group deals section of the classifieds with more information and more parts.
One word of caution here!

I have broken two sway bar clamps now (both sides...at different times) using the Cattman sway bar. The drivers side is on backorder from Nissan (maybe that means that they are defective to begin with?).

So, if you replace the sway bar, you might think about replacing the brackets at the same time...if you can get them that is.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by darrinps
One word of caution here!

I have broken two sway bar clamps now (both sides...at different times) using the Cattman sway bar. The drivers side is on backorder from Nissan (maybe that means that they are defective to begin with?).

So, if you replace the sway bar, you might think about replacing the brackets at the same time...if you can get them that is.
If that's the case I would just buy them as spares.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by caldeputy
please clarify, waht specific parts of altima SE-R will fit out Max? Preferably Nismo parts. Thanks
Everything I can think of will fit. The suspension mounting points are the same, the brakes are the same, the CAI is the same, etc...

The only point of caution is the Maxima weighs about 200 lbs more than an SE-R, so the suspension might not work as well. It's evenly distributed 100 lbs front, 100 lbs back, so the balance should work similarly. I don't know the load ratings of the Nismo suspension though.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:23 PM

100 lbs split make no difference on the suspension of our cars compared to the altimas. So ,that is just not a topic . The Nismo suspension of the Altima fits the Max . Its just that Nismo and Nissan doesnt want to even think of performace suspensions since our car are suppose to be "Luxury vehicles". We just have to figure it out ourselve just like every other generation Max owner has done. And that su)Ks. All they could make are the nismo rims. Wowwwwww.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:28 PM

It's not like Nismo products are the best anyway, or that Nissan makes them. And while I typically would agree that the suspension is fine, if it isn't made to the same load and capacities of the Maxima suspension(which I'm sure it is) then 100 pounds at 120 mph, over a hill, around a curve is a big deal.

Just saying-something to think about.