6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Questions about '06 SL Elite Pkg (Prospective Buyer)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:05 AM

Questions about '06 SL Elite Pkg (Prospective Buyer)

Hi everyone.

I am researching my near-future automobile purchase and am heavily leaning towards a 2006 Maxima SL (Elite Pkg) w/ Navi.

I do however have a couple of questions that I am hoping you guys can answer for me:

1) Navi:
-- Are you able to put in destination address or play around with the different features while the car is moving? (In my current vehicle, you can not).
-- Does it have POI's?
-- How good/bad is the system response time?

2) Bluetooth:
-- Is there a Send/End button on the steering wheel?
-- How is the integration with the phone? Complaints?
-- Does it show any info on the screen when BT is connected? My current vehicle mutes the music for an incoming call. It shows the incoming caller ID and also shows the phone battery and signal strength on the screen.

3) Rear seating:
-- I like how in the elite pkg, there is a console in the middle in the rear and the rear seats are heated as well. Do they still fold down for storage though?

4) Headlights
-- Are they DRL?
-- Are they dusk/auto-sensing? In the sense that they come on whenever it is dark?

Any other info any of you can offer for an '06 SL Elite Pk w/ Navi will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to find out as much as I can before I make my decision as to which vehicle I would like to go with.

Thank you!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

3) No.

4) No. Yes.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:13 AM

Thank you CanadianMofo!

I do want the Elite pkg because I think the rear console + rear heated seats + power sun shade in the rear are all pretty darn cool. BUT then again, I am forced to think of how practical it would be for me...especially since the rear seat backs won't fold down to allow extra space through the trunk.

I am however excited to hear that the headlights are dusk-sensing!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:03 AM

Wow,
Not sure how helpful I can be considering I thought the Elite Package was only offered on the SE models. I thought the SL's answer to that was the Drivers Preferred Package. Shows what I know.....

The head light feature can be adjusted (sensitivity wise) through your info Screen on dash.

It will be interesting to get your take on the performance of the CVT. Let us know what you choose!

Swee
Old 01-17-2007, 09:07 AM

4MySwee,

I believe both the SE and SL have the Driver Preferred Package AND the Elite Packages.

As far as the CVT is concerned, I was under the impression that only 2007's had that...am I mistaken?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:14 AM

RE: #2 (Bluetooth)

1. Yes
2. No issues, no complaints, works perfectly.
3. No information is displayed at all on the info screen. Nothing.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by MPScan
RE: #2 (Bluetooth)

1. Yes
2. No issues, no complaints, works perfectly.
3. No information is displayed at all on the info screen. Nothing.
MPScan,

How do you know someone is calling you? Is the only indication that your phone rings just like it always does or does the Maxima BT add any functionality -- as in, does the music automatically mute when you receive a call?

Is there any indication the in the Car's interface to show that your phone is connected?

Sorry for all the questions!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kross
4MySwee,

I believe both the SE and SL have the Driver Preferred Package AND the Elite Packages.

As far as the CVT is concerned, I was under the impression that only 2007's had that...am I mistaken?
Yes you are correct, the CVT is new for 07 so you need not worry bout that. The folding down rear seats is a great option to have, one of the only downsides of the SL, along with the 17inch wheels, and non sport tuned suspension.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:44 AM

On cars w/o Nav, it does show when connected to a device via a light on the roof mounted console (reading lights, sunroof ctrl). As for calls, when a call comes in, the radio mutes and then diplays BLUETOOTH PHONE, or something of that nature, I forget at the moment. It does allow for a ring to also accompany it too, through the car I mean, the door speaker will ring during an incoming call. Now I do know that the G35's Nav system is much more advanced and has caller ID and the like. I don't however know the similarities to the Nissan Nav though, but would assume them to be somewhat similar? Hope that helps..
Old 01-17-2007, 09:58 AM

NVRSATISFYD,
Yeah, the folding seats are definitely a great option, and I am hesitant to lose it. BUT the rear console and the other little luxuries the Elite pkg brings with it are so darn cool...I'm torn. lol.

VinneousMaximus,
Thank you! That answered my question...I am sure if the non-navi Maxima's have the light and the ring through the car, the Navi ones would have at least that, if nothing more.

I hope someone who has the factory Navi in an '06 Maxima can answer my Navigation questions soon...
Old 01-17-2007, 05:27 PM

The elite does have a rear pass through for ski's, 2x4's, or other smaller items.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by NVRSATISFYD
Yes you are correct, the CVT is new for 07 so you need not worry bout that. The folding down rear seats is a great option to have, one of the only downsides of the SL, along with the 17inch wheels, and non sport tuned suspension.
Hmmm.... Didnt know the SE actually had a "Sport" supsension. The thing handles like the Queen Mary. Hence, upgrading my sway bars this week. If the SE is considered "sport" I would really like to drive the SL.

Sorry, back to regularly scheduled post/topic.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:16 PM

^^^thats what nissan deems it.....now its not gonna be a wrx or evo or bmw or anything like that....you gotta remember, its a 4000 pound sedan. Its also the reason why the SL doesnt come in a manual trans.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:35 AM

Well folks, went in and test drove a 2007 SL w/ DP Pkg + navi. WOW!!! I really liked it. A few grand more at the end of the day but I think it's worth it to get a brand new vehicle...plus I like the layout of the screen+buttons a little better along with the color and materials (Wasn't a big fan of that metallic look regardless of interior color).

So brn5150, looks like I will be taking your advice after all.

The folks at West Hills Nissan gave me a pretty decent trade-in amount for the Prius as well. The only reason I refrained from pulling the trigger was simply because I want to wait until after I have filed my taxes to trade in the hybrid (I will get a $3,150 tax credit for buying the Prius in the beginning of 2006).

So in about a month's time, I hope to be a proud new owner of a 2007 *fingers crossed*
Old 01-18-2007, 05:03 AM

Well folks, went in and test drove a 2007 SL w/ DP Pkg + navi. WOW!!! I really liked it. A few grand more at the end of the day but I think it's worth it to get a brand new vehicle...plus I like the layout of the screen+buttons a little better along with the color and materials (Wasn't a big fan of that metallic look regardless of interior color).

The folks at West Hills Nissan gave me a pretty decent trade-in amount for the Prius as well. The only reason I refrained from pulling the trigger was simply because I want to wait until after I have filed my taxes to trade in the hybrid (I will get a $3,150 tax credit for buying the Prius in the beginning of 2006).

So in about a month's time, I hope to be a proud new owner of a 2007 *fingers crossed*
Good luck! Looks like there will finally be a member within a 30 mile radius of where I live. I get so tired of seeing all the other members joining up for events. Who cares if we have a "meet" and there are only two cars in the lot.

Anyway, good luck. BTW.... let the mods begin. It's so difficult to keep the car stock from the factory. I personally recomend at least the NISMO cai
Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by brn5150
Good luck! Looks like there will finally be a member within a 30 mile radius of where I live. I get so tired of seeing all the other members joining up for events. Who cares if we have a "meet" and there are only two cars in the lot.

Anyway, good luck. BTW.... let the mods begin. It's so difficult to keep the car stock from the factory. I personally recomend at least the NISMO cai
Hahaha, I know what you mean. Regardless of which forum I am ever on, I am always the only one from the 'burgh area. Hence it's refreshing to meet someone else from around here.

As far as the mods are concerned, I guess we'll see. I have usually been the kind to keep everything stock...BUT you never know.

I know I won't be able to put too much $$$ into it right away since I am getting married this year and my fiance and I are paying for the wedding on our own.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:57 AM

Hahaha, I know what you mean. Regardless of which forum I am ever on, I am always the only one from the 'burgh area. Hence it's refreshing to meet someone else from around here.

As far as the mods are concerned, I guess we'll see. I have usually been the kind to keep everything stock...BUT you never know.

I know I won't be able to put too much $$$ into it right away since I am getting married this year and my fiance and I are paying for the wedding on our own.
Been there done that... paid for our own wedding and we are now expecting our first in the next few weeks.

Here's an idea.... Why not do your wedding registry at Stillen or mynismo.com

Keep me posted and good luck on getting married as well.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:48 AM

Good Call!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:24 PM

i want to change my rear spring but to make em hgher anny suggestions because i have a subwoofer
Old 02-17-2007, 04:46 AM

Hey Kross how'd it go with your Maxima? You purchase one yet? I'm on my way up to the dealer in a few hours to see about walking away with an 07 SL (maybe Elite package!)
Old 02-18-2007, 08:50 AM

Just to give an update (and to boost my post count so I can post pics today!)...

I purchased an 07 SL w/ the elite package yesterday. Very excited, the car is amazing. I have one more post to make, and then I think I should have enough privelages to post some pics.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:59 PM

congrats on the new max u will enjoy it
Old 02-18-2007, 01:28 PM

Thanks! I've been blown away by so many features this car has. It's crazy.. Well post #15, so hopefully I can post some pix I took today..
Old 02-18-2007, 03:13 PM

u'll be amazed how much more ur going to find out throughtout the days ive had mine a year and still finding things out but i love it
Old 02-18-2007, 08:08 PM

What's up guys? I just signed up and figured out I can't post until I have 15 replies. What's up with that? I don't mean to intrude on your thread, put I just purchased an '05 Maxima SE. I Don't know exactly what packages it has, but it has leather, bose, and a spolier. We all love the car so far!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:37 AM

I would love to get a Maxima SL but because of trying to keep the monthly payment reasonable I'm going to purchase an '05 SE. The one I'm looking at has leather (heated I'm assuming) and a moonroof. I know both have the same motor. Is there really anything else I'm missing since I really don't need the Elite package with the rear buckets and console.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by NVRSATISFYD
^^^thats what nissan deems it.....now its not gonna be a wrx or evo or bmw or anything like that....you gotta remember, its a 4000 pound sedan. Its also the reason why the SL doesnt come in a manual trans.
The curb weight actually comes in at around 3485 lbs...