6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

NISMO sways installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:20 PM

NISMO sways installed

So, I ordered the NISMO sway bars that Nissan offers for the Altima. Turns out they do in fact fit the 2006 Maxima. First and foremost, I held the OEM sways that came on the car and they felt like conduit (very thin electrical pipe) compared to the NISMO's. I still cant believe the NISMO's arent standard equipment on the SE version of the Maxima. The stock bars are an absolute joke.

At any rate, driving impressions are what I expected. Car feels MUCH more "planted" and less of the "floating" feeling you get when you are going above 70mph on the highway. Turns require less effort and can be taken at a little bit higher speed. This upgrade doess NOT allow Corvette type handling, nor do these elimenate body roll completely, but the car is definately more composed.

So, I have the NISMO intake and sways so far. Going to get tints in the next week or so, then will be upgrading brake pads and maybe ss lines. I am done with mods after that. The few upgrades that I have done have made it a little more of an enjoyable car to drive. Not sold on the Maxima as a "sports car/sedan" however. Some may agree or disagree with that, but IMO it could be a little better in some areas. Total was $320 installed including tax. Not a bad deal, but money I dont think SE owners should have to spend. These should be STANDARD!!!

I had a 2006 Altima SE before my Maxima and feel that is a better value for a "sport sedan". I had the NISMO exhaust, NISMO sways, and NISMO intake. The car handled well, was powerful, and sounded amazing. All for about $3-5k less than the Maxima depending on options.

Anyway, I would still suggest this mod to anyone who is looking to improve the pretty bland handling of the Maxima.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:26 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Good post. I might look into those.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What bushings did you install with the sways?
Are the NISMO bushings polyurethane?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:09 PM

I think everyone should do more than just look into it because bigger sway bars are almost a necessity. I have the Progress rear bar and Alti SE-R front bar and its great!!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
I think everyone should do more than just look into it because bigger sway bars are almost a necessity. I have the Progress rear bar and Alti SE-R front bar and its great!!
Just got my SE-R sway bar in yesterday!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:28 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by brn5150

Total was $320 installed including tax. .

$320 Front and Back?? Who did the install?
Old 01-24-2007, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
$320 Front and Back?? Who did the install?
My local Nissan dealer here in town. They have always been pretty good to me. I should add, that I also took a case of beer up to these guys. It took a little over two hours to complete. Again, back was in and out, front took a little longer and the guy sliced his hand open pretty good.

Had a chance to drive it a little more last night. Finally handles like the car should have from the factory. It also makes the "shimmy" a lot less noticable, if not removed it completely.

As for the bushings, they were the replacement ones that came with the NISMO bars.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

It's good to hear the driving impression was what you expected.
I definitely have to consider the RSB mod with my max04...and like to feel the impression.

Incidentally, how much do you expect to get tints? or are you going to do yourself?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by toddjun
It's good to hear the driving impression was what you expected.
I definitely have to consider the RSB mod with my max04...and like to feel the impression.

Incidentally, how much do you expect to get tints? or are you going to do yourself?
I had tints done on my Altima and it was $200 out the door. Not happy with the job the guy did so I am going to find another place. Would expect it to be about the same.

As for the sways, I would STRONGLY recommend doing both front and back. If not NISMO, the progress rsway and SE-R front.

Good luck!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:02 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

My local Nissan dealer here in town. They have always been pretty good to me. I should add, that I also took a case of beer up to these guys. It took a little over two hours to complete. Again, back was in and out, front took a little longer and the guy sliced his hand open pretty good.

Had a chance to drive it a little more last night. Finally handles like the car should have from the factory. It also makes the "shimmy" a lot less noticable, if not removed it completely.

As for the bushings, they were the replacement ones that came with the NISMO bars.
What I am asking is wheter $320 was with the parts or without??
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 AM

What I am asking is wheter $320 was with the parts or without??
I think he said in his previous thread about ordering the bars that he got them for 280 so the install was 40 bucks?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=507271
Old 01-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by NVRSATISFYD
I think he said in his previous thread about ordering the bars that he got them for 280 so the install was 40 bucks?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=507271
That's why i keep on re-asking
Old 01-24-2007, 10:30 AM

Either way look on spending more at your local nissan dealership unless you have the hook-ups like he did...he is pretty much bff with the service manager and gets prices at cost and labor is cheaper as well...quoting brn5150
Old 01-24-2007, 11:03 AM

That's why i keep on re-asking
Sorry, didnt see your question at first. Yes, that was parts, installation, and tax.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:27 AM

are these what you ordered?

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...Code=54600-L31
Old 01-28-2007, 06:19 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Yo, BRN can you provide part number(s) for the sways please. Were they the NISMOs for 2004 Altima SE-R?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Hey deus i'm looking on this site please let me know which of this front bar will fix my 2004 se check the site and tell me the number part please thx you
Old 01-28-2007, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
Exactly! The come with everything you need.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:14 AM

front and rear fits?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:46 AM

he says yes they fit. he has them installed right now....
Old 01-28-2007, 10:50 AM

No pics , No proof !!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
front and rear fits?
Yes, BOTH f/r fit.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:25 PM

No pics , No proof !!
Well, since I didnt start this thread while I was dreaming, and my checking account is $320 lower I assure you they BOTH fit and without any mods. Sorry.... forgot my Spy Kids cam while they were doing the install.

Although I appreciate the pics people post, I wasnt gonna get in the way while these guys were trying to install a part that had never been done before.

Now, its been snowing all week and I have more salt on my car than the Pacific, so snapping pics underneath the car is definately out.

These things fit, and I guarantee it. If you dont want to try it, go try and order off the Catmann site and get the SE-R bars. I am not trying to sell you anything.

Sheesh... People try and experiment for the better of our cars and some people just want to bust *****, or are too lazy to do a little research and look things up.

Good luck!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:44 PM

Well, since I didnt start this thread while I was dreaming, and my checking account is $320 lower I assure you they BOTH fit and without any mods. Sorry.... forgot my Spy Kids cam while they were doing the install.

Although I appreciate the pics people post, I wasnt gonna get in the way while these guys were trying to install a part that had never been done before.

Now, its been snowing all week and I have more salt on my car than the Pacific, so snapping pics underneath the car is definately out.

These things fit, and I guarantee it. If you dont want to try it, go try and order off the Catmann site and get the SE-R bars. I am not trying to sell you anything.

Sheesh... People try and experiment for the better of our cars and some people just want to bust *****, or are too lazy to do a little research and look things up.

Good luck!
dude chill the F out.... It sacrasim , Maybe if I quote Pics of BANNED , then maybe you wouldnt have your panites in a bunch..

If the fit fine, I was merely asking if BOTH Of them fit..Money isnt a issue for me and I got peeps working at Nissan to get it.. I just dont want to waste my time if they dont fit.

As for pics.. I didnt know you have to had someone install them , I wasnt aware your not mechanicaly incline.
Just a few camera phone would have been nice even if the installers are putting them in or not.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:59 PM

uh oh...swords have been drawn!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 05:06 PM

dude chill the F out.... It sacrasim , Maybe if I quote Pics of BANNED , then maybe you wouldnt have your panites in a bunch..

If the fit fine, I was merely asking if BOTH Of them fit..Money isnt a issue for me and I got peeps working at Nissan to get it.. I just dont want to waste my time if they dont fit.

As for pics.. I didnt know you have to had someone install them , I wasnt aware your not mechanicaly incline.
Just a few camera phone would have been nice even if the installers are putting them in or not.
No... no panties in a bunch unless they are yours. I just couldnt understand you with that "grill" in your mouth that you are trying to pawn on asianlove.com or whatever your site is. Besides, according to your sig, you have a 2000 Maxima. Didnt test the sways on that one.

Again, sarcasm or not, I have added enough comments, info, and updates as to how the install went, the car handles, and the cost to know for a fact they fit. Even without pics.

Again, good luck.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Yo, BRN can you provide part number(s) for the sways please. Were they the NISMOs for 2004 Altima SE-R?
Can someone answer my original question, PLEASE
Old 01-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

sorry I was blind there for a second and didn't see the link.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:54 PM

No... no panties in a bunch unless they are yours. I just couldnt understand you with that "grill" in your mouth that you are trying to pawn on asianlove.com or whatever your site is. Besides, according to your sig, you have a 2000 Maxima. Didnt test the sways on that one.

Again, sarcasm or not, I have added enough comments, info, and updates as to how the install went, the car handles, and the cost to know for a fact they fit. Even without pics.

Again, good luck.

I own 5 Nissans , dont be a cocky kid...
Old 01-28-2007, 08:52 PM

yeah you know what.... LETS GET A PART NUMBER HERE PLEASE.... I found another nismo fsb and rsb. they look different.

http://www.nismoparts.com/catalog/?section=559

or

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...Code=54600-L31
Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 PM

^^ back on the subject...

I wonder if that Altima Front lip could be used on the maxi
Old 01-29-2007, 04:52 AM

Unfortunately, I dont have the box, and the invoice from the dealer just says "NISMO SWAY/Altima- installed $320".

NISMO only makes one set for the 2002-2006 Altimas, you cant go wrong. Just make sure you get the sways, NOT the supsension/springs.

I am getting my windows tinted today, so if I have time, I will swing by the dealer for the p/n.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:49 AM

I own 5 Nissans , dont be a cocky kid...
And? You don't have to cop an attitude since he didn't take pics....

Who cares if you own 5 Nissans...
Old 01-29-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cutler
And? You don't have to cop an attitude since he didn't take pics....

Who cares if you own 5 Nissans...

I never had an attiude... I said He could have snap some pics while they were installing it... When Im other forums and state * Pics of Banned * its sacrasim in a good way.. * No pics No Proof * same way my sacrasim was a joke.. So its my fault that YOU and him didnt get it ? Its the ****ing internet.

I take pics of any mod I do . it makes things easier for other Newbies to visually look at pics or any faults there is installing sway bars. Some people are too lazy to read and rather have visual pics to look at. Ive taken pics of every car Ive done. I had no idea he didnt install them himself , but even then It would have been nice if he could have even snap some pics on his camera phone.

He made his sacrasim comments that I have a 2001 ,
So he obliviously went thru my profile and my sig to check up on me. So He doesnt need to bring in what car I have. So just for your info I own 5 differnt Nissan , and im not some tool that lurks around here.

Its defensive defending people like you takes things wrong and gets themself into a conversation when everythings already settle out.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Guys chill out. it's all good. Lets get the exact part numbers and call it a day.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:58 AM

Guys chill out. it's all good. Lets get the exact part numbers and call it a day.

Like I said before , back to the subject.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM

I took pics of my install of the Altima SE-R front bar and posted a thread on it.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM

I never had an attiude... I said He could have snap some pics while they were installing it... When Im other forums and state * Pics of Banned * its sacrasim in a good way.. * No pics No Proof * same way my sacrasim was a joke.. So its my fault that YOU and him didnt get it ? Its the ****ing internet.

I take pics of any mod I do . it makes things easier for other Newbies to visually look at pics or any faults there is installing sway bars. Some people are too lazy to read and rather have visual pics to look at. Ive taken pics of every car Ive done. I had no idea he didnt install them himself , but even then It would have been nice if he could have even snap some pics on his camera phone.

He made his sacrasim comments that I have a 2001 ,
So he obliviously went thru my profile and my sig to check up on me. So He doesnt need to bring in what car I have. So just for your info I own 5 differnt Nissan , and im not some tool that lurks around here.

Its defensive defending people like you takes things wrong and gets themself into a conversation when everythings already settle out.
Who is defensive, I don't give a flyin fart...
Old 01-29-2007, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cutler
Who is defensive, I don't give a flyin fart...

you and your gay *** remarks and your gay *** titan
Old 01-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

what a bunch of kids, you make me check the forum for updates only to see this crap goes on.

BRN any updates on part numbers?

Quick Reply: NISMO sways installed