6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Any news on The '08 Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 09:21 AM
MadMax in The City

Any news on The '08 Maxima?

Please tell me someone out there has seen or heard something of the '08 Maxima. I was told by my IT guy that there coming out with rear wheel drive with variable all wheel drive. Where he read this, he can't remember...then again he owns a BMW. This is my third maxima, not too impressed with the suspension on my '04 but love the power, the styling (looking to add the '07 spoiler), and luxury of the interior. There's no doubt that I would buy another maxima. If anyone has some insight on the ’08, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:23 AM

not sure who told you that , from my knowledge and resources, the maxima wont be comming back in 08.
Apparently the Altima has taken over.
The Altima Coupe and Skyline will be taking over and the maxima n 350z will be its last year.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:06 AM

HA!!!

There is a new redesigned maxima coming out, possibly fall of 2007. Rumors have it, the new max will be on the luxury side... THIS HAS ALL BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE ON THIS AND OTHER FORUMS.

Please do the search....

Old 01-30-2007, 10:55 AM
MadMax in The City

wher did you get that info NiZMo1o1?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Back in the Max

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
not sure who told you that , from my knowledge and resources, the maxima wont be comming back in 08.
Apparently the Altima has taken over.
The Altima Coupe and Skyline will be taking over and the maxima n 350z will be its last year.

i doubt that, bring in proof.

07 Altima is very nice, but no way on the Maxima Level. they sell way to many Maxima's for it to be going anywhere.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 01-30-2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX

Old 01-30-2007, 11:39 AM

I heard it will be able to fly and will have an expresso maker in the dash.

CM
Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
I heard it will be able to fly and will have an expresso maker in the dash.

CM
oooh, signe me up scotty! No stop overs at Starbucks everymorning = 20 minutes of extra sleep.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:43 PM

The funny thread! Daily comedy reading found here!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

The New Altima Coupe looks pretty nice, saw it at the DC Auto show last Sunday. They finally put turn lights on the side mirrors. Wonder if it will fit the 04+ Max???

Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 PM

08 Maxima

My friend works at Nissan and told me that the 08 Maxima will share a platform with the Infiniti M series and have rwd with awd option.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:49 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by SweetJones
My friend works at Nissan and told me that the 08 Maxima will share a platform with the Infiniti M series and have rwd with awd option.

My friend God told me it will be the exact same as the 07
Old 01-30-2007, 05:49 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by LA02MAX

QFMFT.....
Old 01-30-2007, 06:17 PM

jamaxin97 - If you are judging this board by the response to your thread-starting question, you probably think we're all a flock of koo-koo birds here.

You would be correct that we are all koo-koo birds here, but, to be fair, we should let you in on the reason for some of the responses you managed to draw.

Your question, in many forms, has been beaten within an inch of its life here for many many months (years?). And after all that beating of a poor dead horse, what do we have? A friend of someone's cousin's illegitimate love child slept with a janitor who works at a print shop that manufactures the stick-on tire pressure decals mounted inside the console storage compartment. After getting that broom-pusher liquored up one night, he let the dust out of the vacuum bag: The '08 Maxima will have six Rolls-Royce jet engines of 13,000HP each, three mounted on each wing.

But back to semi-reality.

My version of this nag-thrashing is that Nissan does not make the changes it made to the '07 (redone interior - much nicer; entirely redesigned front, etc) and keep it only one year. We have had a 'half-generation' of every one of the six generations of the Maxima, and not one of those half-generations had a model life of less than two years.

So, I say the '08 Maxima will be the same '07 Maxima with a '2008' on the window sticker. The sticker changeover will be transparent on the assembly line, and will probably happen this July.

But not to despair!

The '08 Maxima will be short-lived. I would bet that in spring of 2008 (just about 15 months from now) the '09 Maximas will arrive at dealer showrooms. I would also bet the '09 will be an upscale sporty luxury car. It will absolutely be larger and more powerful than the 6th gen Maxima. Nissan has already said that. They want a clear separation between the Altima and the Maxima. The '09 will be a flagship luxury sedan with a sporting edge.

And I would feel it would probably have all-wheel-drive. Not RWD. I also feel Nissan is firmly committed to the CVT in the Maxima, and will have the 6 (eventually 7) speed manual available only in the 3.5 Altima, which is going to fill the slot as Nissan's affordable 4DSC.

I'm sure this was not the answer you were hoping for, but everything that has happened at Nissan since 2002 seems to fit this scenario.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
jamaxin97 - If you are judging this board by the response to your thread-starting question, you probably think we're all a flock of koo-koo birds here.

You would be correct that we are all koo-koo birds here, but, to be fair, we should let you in on the reason for some of the responses you managed to draw.

Your question, in many forms, has been beaten within an inch of its life here for many many months (years?). And after all that beating of a poor dead horse, what do we have? A friend of someone's cousin's illegitimate love child slept with a janitor who works at a print shop that manufactures the stick-on tire pressure decals mounted inside the console storage compartment. After getting that broom-pusher liquored up one night, he let the dust out of the vacuum bag: The '08 Maxima will have six Rolls-Royce jet engines of 13,000HP each, three mounted on each wing.

My version of this nag-thrashing is that Nissan does not make the changes it made to the '07 (redone interior - much nicer; entirely redesigned front, etc) and keep it only one year. We have had a 'half-generation' of every one of the six generations of the Maxima, and not one of those half-generations had a model life of less than two years.

So, I say the '08 Maxima will be the same '07 Maxima with a '2008' on the window sticker. The sticker changeover will be transparent on the assembly line, and will probably happen this July.

But not to despair!

The '08 Maxima will be short-lived. I would bet that in spring of 2008 (just about 15 months from now) the '09 Maximas will arrive at dealer showrooms. I would also bet the '09 will be an upscale sporty luxury car. It will absolutely be larger and more powerful than the 6th gen Maxima. Nissan has already said that. They want a clear separation between the Altima and the Maxima. The '09 will be a flagship luxury sedan with a sporting edge.

And I would feel it would probably have all-wheel-drive. Not RWD. I also feel Nissan is firmly committed to the CVT in the Maxima, and will have the 6 (eventually 7) speed manual available only in the 3.5 Altima, which is going to fill the slot as Nissan's affordable 4DSC.

I'm sure this was not the answer you were hoping for, but everything that has happened at Nissan since 2002 seems to fit this scenario.

BRAVO, Light!!!!!!

OK, Mods, Lock this badboy thread down, no need to go further.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

But not to despair!

This is the most logical answer yet. And I second the notion that the Maxima is at a higher level than the Altima.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:30 PM

since we have been seeing where nissan is heading lately, itll probably look like this

Old 01-30-2007, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by jamaxin97
wher did you get that info NiZMo1o1?

I have a few friends that work at 2 differnt dealership..

Supposly there isnt a liineup for 08 for the Maxima or 350z.

This info is comming from the salesmen to my mechanic friends.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
I have a few friends that work at 2 differnt dealership..

Supposly there isnt a liineup for 08 for the Maxima or 350z.

This info is comming from the salesmen to my mechanic friends.
That's because there are no changes to these cars. New G coupe is launching later this year, so the new Z won't be launghing until probably next spring; same w/ the 7th gen Max.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by RHMax
That's because there are no changes to these cars. New G coupe is launching later this year, so the new Z won't be launghing until probably next spring; same w/ the 7th gen Max.
ok so Its still safe to say 08 wont have a new maxima or z since the skyline is comming out.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Five Time Maxima Owner

But not to despair!

Isn't Nissan concerned that the Maxima will get to pricey and people will switch to the G35? The 07' SL I just bought stickered at $33K. If I didn't get it for $28K and lived in Ohio, I would have gone for the G35.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:59 PM

Maxima1964 - Fair question.

The answer is that the 7th gen Maxima will be a larger and more luxurious vehicle than the 6th gen, with many more features standard, and options available we don't currently have. I feel it will compare very favorably with the smaller and more cramped G35.

Should, however, the G35 also be measureably improved (and this is very likely), then its price will have to be higher than it currently is, and there will still be a nice 'window' for the Maxima.

--------------

Looking at this another way:

I personally do not consider the G35 and Maxima to be in exactly the same class. The G35 is very sporty and stylish, but puts looks and performance over practicality. I would not want two adults riding in the back seat of a G35 on long trips.

The Maxima, however, in addition to being stylish and performing well, is more practical. It is more 'family-friendly' (roomy), and I have carried THREE adults rather comfortably in the back seat of my SL on many occasions.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:00 AM

I recently got an 07 maxima and only leased it for 39 months for the very reason quoted above. A friend who works in the Nissan plant here in Tennessee said that the next gen max will be vastly different from the 6 gen's. He suggested that I get the lease I got so that they would have at least one year after they come out to work out all the bugs. The 07's are a move toward the more lux model to come.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 AM

I just want to say that no matter what happens, I'll be your side 100%.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:43 AM

I'm fairly certain the 08 Maxima will come standard with dual superchargers and an option to upgrade to massaging rear seats...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
BRAVO, Light!!!!!!

OK, Mods, Lock this badboy thread down, no need to go further.
No .
Old 02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by clayman88
I'm fairly certain the 08 Maxima will come standard with dual superchargers and an option to upgrade to massaging rear seats...
You forgot the RWD part...
Old 02-22-2007, 04:59 PM

As long as it makes coffee......