6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

So how are the '07's selling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by SilverMax_04
Mike,

I too agree that the discussion here about CVTs is very informative -- with very little name calling -- which is all great.

"light" has a problem with his hip -- which is why he says he can no longer use a manual trannie. What's you excuse?

I'm 67 years old and have no hip problem. I would only buy a vehicle with a manual trannie -- gives me maximum control -- which I like.
The problem is you and I are the only one's who bought six speeds so I can see why Nissan would think we aren't worth the trouble.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:01 AM

"It has been rather clear that the percentage of Maxima buyers opting for the manual has been declining for over a decade (as the car grew larger and more luxurious). Very sad, but very true."

I asked my dealer (the largest Nissan dealer in my state) how many people come in asking about MT Max's. He said: "you and one other guy".

I suspect that we have been more in the minority than we realized, it's just that all of us seem to end up on this forum. Sigh.............

Mike
Old 03-06-2007, 10:35 AM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

A few folks have mentioned recently that the CVT is delivering little or none of its theoretical advantages. While there is surely room for improvement, I'm certain that the current Nissan CVT delivers quite a few of them:

Efficiency - Just driven normally, in exactly the same way as my '03 VQ35/4AT was, my larger '07 VQ35/CVT is doing about 10% better on fuel mileage in nearly pure city driving (~22mpg vs ~20mpg).

Flexibility - If you want to GO... it GOES. BTW, this is the only time the "disconnected" feel really is noticeable, but you're grinning so hard because of the way it responded you really don't care. If you just drive "normally", it really does not feel much different at all from any other automatic. Guaranteed that after two days of driving it you won't give it a second thought. Then, if you really are in the mood or need to conserve some fuel, you can just crack the throttle a bit to launch and then feather it back and let the tranny accelerate the car. There is no "droning" in this mode... engine never turns more than 2k RPM... its so smooth and quiet its almost like driving an electric vehicle. It also feels much like short-shifting a manual tranny. The TC locks up very early on the CVT so you get a very solid feeling driveline feeling like a manual... no rubber band feeling at all. Best of all, if I'm in the mood to drive it this way, I can get 25-26mpg on that same city driving route, still more than keeping up with traffic. Finally, if you are in the mood to "play", the manumatic mode is by far the best, most responsive, quickest shifting manumatic I have ever experienced. To have all of these "personalities" at your disposal in one tranny seems like progress to me.

I really did not want to get the CVT initially for many of the reasons others have noted here. I had disliked all of the Audi CVTs I had driven (my brother sells them, so I got to sample a few A4 & A6 FronTrack CVTs). But when I needed to get another car when my '03 lease was due, the choice really came down to '06 Max (grille and interior never grew on me), '06 G35 (too small inside, year-end incentives had not yet kicked in), TL (year-end incentives hadn't kicked in, somewhat skeptical of auto tranny reliability) or the '07 CVT. Although I had some skepticism about the CVT, it addressed all of the other issues I had with the 6G Max and I ended up with a good deal from a desperate dealership. After 8 months and 14k miles, virtually all of the concern about the CVT have vanished. It has become a very fun challenge to learn to extract all it has to offer.

I would have to say that Nissan has done a pretty good job of harnessing those theoretical advantages and turning them into some useful real world plusses. Room to further the state-of-the-art is no doubt still there, but to say that none of its potential has been realized is definitely not warranted.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
"It has been rather clear that the percentage of Maxima buyers opting for the manual has been declining for over a decade (as the car grew larger and more luxurious). Very sad, but very true."

I asked my dealer (the largest Nissan dealer in my state) how many people come in asking about MT Max's. He said: "you and one other guy".

I suspect that we have been more in the minority than we realized, it's just that all of us seem to end up on this forum. Sigh.............

Mike
You know, it's funny. I have a 2002 grey lustre SE 6 spd with black leather interior, HLSD, and every option offered less the navigation. I keep on hearing about how hard a car like this is to come by, how people have spent up to 10 months searching for one and then settled on something else.

The Ford dealer I bought it from gave me a deal on it because they couldn't get rid of it. They always had a GLE automatic Maxima on the lot while they had it, and they couldn't get customers to even GLANCE at the 6 speed. I bought it the day I first laid eyes on it. People don't appreciate the manual trannies anymore
Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 AM

Mike,

"light" has a problem with his hip -- which is why he says he can no longer use a manual trannie. What's you excuse?
LOL! "My excuse"? Heh - well, I did blow out my knee a couple years back, but it's mainly that I live in a congested metroplex and having a left leg that looks like Popeye's arm isn't my idea of fun. Nah, I even told the wife the other day that I've realized I don't like stiff suspensions any more, so I guessed I was finally getting old.

But seriously, automatics have gotten so good in the last 10 years that it just isn't worth the extra effort of shifting IMO. I'd rather let the trannie do that work so I can concentrate more on enjoying the ride.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
I too suspect that the percentage of MT owners on this site is much higher than the percentage in the total population. Even some of the older members here, that now have an Auto Trannie, still reminisce about a Manual Trannie they used to have -- light is only one example. Also, bluemaxx is not correct that only two 6th Gen Maximas with 6-MTs have been sold (mine and his). But guess I have to admit that the overall demand in the total population for a MT is down.

Texas Mike, I blew out my left knee skiing in the early 90s. I need to keep this knee moving so that it does not stiffen up. Pushing the clutch is good exercise to keep this knee working -- at least better than it would work if I did not keep it moving. But then I'm also a control freak and want the complete control that only a Manual Trannie offers. I continue (at my old age) to like stiff suspensions, which is why I got the SE and a stiffer rear anti-sway bar. Also, you have to like stiff suspensions when you own a pickup truck that has camper springs. My wife thinks that the truck is too stiff and won't drive it, but has not complained about the Max.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:06 PM

I too suspect that the percentage of MT owners on this site is much higher than the percentage in the total population. Even some of the older members here, that now have an Auto Trannie, still reminisce about a Manual Trannie they used to have -- light is only one example. Also, bluemaxx is not correct that only two 6th Gen Maximas with 6-MTs have been sold (mine and his). But guess I have to admit that the overall demand in the total population for a MT is down.

Texas Mike, I blew out my left knee skiing in the early 90s. I need to keep this knee moving so that it does not stiffen up. Pushing the clutch is good exercise to keep this knee working -- at least better than it would work if I did not keep it moving. But then I'm also a control freak and want the complete control that only a Manual Trannie offers. I continue (at my old age) to like stiff suspensions, which is why I got the SE and a stiffer rear anti-sway bar. Also, you have to like stiff suspensions when you own a pickup truck that has camper springs. My wife thinks that the truck is too stiff and won't drive it, but has not complained about the Max.
I understand. Since you live in the Springs, you know about traffic, too ... at least out there on I-25. But around here, you can sit on a freeway in a MT car, just creeping a few inches at a time, until you get to where you want to cut your own clutch leg off and beat your brains out with it.

I had manual trannies for decades, along with about a zillion motorcycles, so I know about the control issue. But I have to admit I enjoy AT's so much now that I wouldn't go back. As long as you have lots of power and a good crisp AT, you can get the job done nicely.

And I'm not ready for a floaty ride by any means ... I'm just getting tired of hard suspensions rattling my teeth and giving my cars rattles and squeaks. What I need is a car that handles well but doesn't beat you to death in the process. Actually, my RL does a good job at that. Comfort, luxury, good handling and a good ride.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I understand. Since you live in the Springs, you know about traffic, too ... at least out there on I-25. But around here, you can sit on a freeway in a MT car, just creeping a few inches at a time, until you get to where you want to cut your own clutch leg off and beat your brains out with it.
I lived in the Chicago area for over 37 years (less 1.5 years in Minneapolis in the mid 60s) and know about traffic. The last 5 of those years I was driving the Illinois Toll Road from south of Chicago to West of Chicago -- to get to work. I was driving an 87 Celica with a 5-speed manual. You were either driving 75 MPH (where the speed limit was 55 -- but you needed to do 75 to keep from getting run over) or you were creeping at 5 MPH or less. I never got tired of being able to pick the correct gear for what I saw happening in front of me on the toll road. Trannies don't see and certainly don't think, but drivers (who arn't on their cell phones) do.

Compared to the Chicago area traffic, traffic here in Colorado (even driving to Denver) is a snap. I don't like it, but it's just not that bad.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:19 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Lived right across the Hudson from NYC for 38 years. Pretty much learned to drive in my uncles' construction business trucks in very congested Jersey City and Newark areas. Lived in Bergen County and commuted into Manhatten for four years, all in a manual tranny car - creeping through the toll booths, across the GWB, down the Harlem River Drive and down Park Ave to 59th Street every day was about as bad it could get, but I never minded it much at all - saw it as an opportunity to hone the skills. Carpooled with my boss - we both had company cars with manual trans (Dodge Lancer ES Turbo & Audi 5000 diesel). He always pulled rank and made me drive no matter which car we took, but I never complained at all.

The GWB and Harlem River Dr were much as SilverMax_04 describes his Chicago commute.... either flying (in close formation) or creeping, with no in-between.

I actually find the traffic here in Charlotte much more objectionable - the infrastructure has not nearly kept up with the population explosion and there are too many self-appointed speed limit enforcers driving at or under the speed limit in the fast lane... where there is a fast lane.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:33 PM

Hello,

To be honest, I've seen more 07 Altimas than 07 Maximas. Also, I have only seen 3 2007 Nissan Maximas since August 2006. That's pathetic. But It does make me feel special that I own a car that not many people own lol. I've barely seen a 07 Maxima except for the dealership. I love the car. I test drove a 2006 Altima before i test drove the 2007 Maxima. I love the CVT. Trust me, It does not compromise on power. I also installed a Custom Y-Pipe the other night and my car ROARS - when i hit the high rpm's. I maxed out on 200 Kms/H last night in no time and most part of it, the car was quite stable. Also - I love the Bose, I was looking into aftermarket subs/amp but you know what, I realized it's a waste of money. The only thing I don't like is the handling. With lowering springs/shocks/struts/swaybars/endlinks and a strut bar, I'm sure this is one car you do not want to miss out on. Trust me, the handling is good but the way i drive, I need those extra upgrades. You won't go wrong with this car, I've had no problems and I've had it's oil changed. It's sitting at 8500 Kms at the moment and do i love to drive it? Yes. And if your worried so much about manual mode, why not try the manual mode and then tell me? It's like having a secret weapon, I'm gone in no time when I want to pass someone on the highway. Is it a dream come true? Truly is. I love my baby and i try and takecare of it almost everyday. One Happy 07' Owner Here, Mark my words - I love it - Luxury + Sports = Maxima !

P.S: I do wish it had Push Button Start and Turn Signals on the Mirrors....
Old 03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by trance.addict
Hello,

To be honest, I've seen more 07 Altimas than 07 Maximas. Also, I have only seen 3 2007 Nissan Maximas since August 2006. That's pathetic. But It does make me feel special that I own a car that not many people own lol. I've barely seen a 07 Maxima except for the dealership. I love the car. I test drove a 2006 Altima before i test drove the 2007 Maxima. I love the CVT. Trust me, It does not compromise on power. I also installed a Custom Y-Pipe the other night and my car ROARS - when i hit the high rpm's. I maxed out on 200 Kms/H last night in no time and most part of it, the car was quite stable. Also - I love the Bose, I was looking into aftermarket subs/amp but you know what, I realized it's a waste of money. The only thing I don't like is the handling. With lowering springs/shocks/struts/swaybars/endlinks and a strut bar, I'm sure this is one car you do not want to miss out on. Trust me, the handling is good but the way i drive, I need those extra upgrades. You won't go wrong with this car, I've had no problems and I've had it's oil changed. It's sitting at 8500 Kms at the moment and do i love to drive it? Yes. And if your worried so much about manual mode, why not try the manual mode and then tell me? It's like having a secret weapon, I'm gone in no time when I want to pass someone on the highway. Is it a dream come true? Truly is. I love my baby and i try and takecare of it almost everyday. One Happy 07' Owner Here, Mark my words - I love it - Luxury + Sports = Maxima !

P.S: I do wish it had Push Button Start and Turn Signals on the Mirrors....
I saw hardly any for a few months... now it seems that I see 4-5 a day, at least. Lots and lots of silvers... a few blacks, and an occasional white. I've only seen one each Precision Grey, Dark Slate (other than mine) and Sonoma Sunset on the road.

I agree completely that the big complaint is the suspension. The rear end is so underdamped I thought something was defective in the car when I first got it... but it seems to be a common complaint. Have to live with it 'cause I ain't putting a new suspension in a leased car.

I agree that the manumatic mode works very well, but the truth is up to 75 or 80mph the car is faster in auto mode (let the CVT perform its magic).

O.T. Question: Just saw your sig... how well do your PIAA fogs match the headlights?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:11 PM

I don't see any in Mississauga/Toronto Area. The last one I saw was 2 weeks ago and the ones i saw before were last year. I drive downtown everyday but i've not seen more than 3 since last august.

Unfortunately, I haven't installed the PIAA Fogs as of yet - I have them lying here. I don't know how to install them, I'm upgrading all the bulbs, I haven't ordered them yet - when I do, I'll go ahead and install the Fogs as well. Sorry But i know they're 4000 K and when I do install them, I'll let u know.

I have a leased car as well but I spoke to my dealership and they said if i install a new suspension - It voids the warranty on the OEM setup and as long as i can put the OEM stuff back in - I'm fine to do whatever I want. I don't like the suspension at all - Infact, Yes It rides really smooth but on high speeds/snow/rain - I hate it's handling. Also, when i take high speed turns - the car leans a lot to the point where it feels like it's going to tip over. I'm talking about 60-70 Kph which isn't that bad. I am looking into putting a new suspension setup. I'll post the results when I do. Check out the Custom Y-Pipe, I installed it the other night. I'm not sure about the emissions but it sure does free up mid to high range and adds a growl.

Question...Have you done any mods?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:19 PM

P.S:

Here are the before stock, after y-pipe and front motor mount insert videos:

Before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rSTYkK3ES0

After:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIqc0pvPao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQCgnNH5dDQ

Also, I added a Portable 4.7 Inch Screen to the Dash. Here's the video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAyXn5n5GXw

Enjoy - Please provide feedback. Thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 04:35 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Question...Have you done any mods?
Does pulling out the console bin count? How about programming the HomeLink?

Besides being leased, putting two kids through college (one recently graduated - but both are talking about post grad ) and carrying six vehicles at the moment, there's not much cash left for fun things.

I'd love to mod my Volvo S60 T5, though... The seats, stereo and suspension put the Max to shame... but I'd really love to drop the VQ35/CVT into it! The turbo motor's not bad, but that Volvo (Aisin) 5AT is a pitiful automatic transmission!

(Sorry for the silliness... been a long day!)
Old 03-06-2007, 04:42 PM

lol ur a joker.

sure does count :P

6 vehicles? Damn. Yeah, I'm going to university as well. 2nd Year in IT/Business Managment. It ain't easy - trust me, I wish i had all the time in the world to mod my car. But I could understand where you're coming from. I respect the choice you made though - Maxima is Maxima but then again, there's always things out there that might outdo the Maxima in some factors like the Volvo you mentioned.

Volvos are nice cars, but are you serious? The stereo and the seats put the Max to shame? Wow. I'd have to check out a Volvo. So when we meeting? lol

It's all good. I took a day off today, was supposed to be sitting in class right now but i was like forget it. I need a break lol.

Anyways, Gym-Time - Good Luck with your car. Takecare.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:15 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

lol ur a joker.

sure does count :P

6 vehicles? Damn. Yeah, I'm going to university as well. 2nd Year in IT/Business Managment. It ain't easy - trust me, I wish i had all the time in the world to mod my car. But I could understand where you're coming from. I respect the choice you made though - Maxima is Maxima but then again, there's always things out there that might outdo the Maxima in some factors like the Volvo you mentioned.

Volvos are nice cars, but are you serious? The stereo and the seats put the Max to shame? Wow. I'd have to check out a Volvo. So when we meeting? lol

It's all good. I took a day off today, was supposed to be sitting in class right now but i was like forget it. I need a break lol.

Anyways, Gym-Time - Good Luck with your car. Takecare.
Besides the Max and the Volvo (which my wife and I switch back and forth between), my daughter uses the ES300, my son uses the '96 Max (he'll probably get his own new car soon... he's thinking of a Scion tC - MANUAL!), the pickup is leftover from a previous business (but comes in handy occasionally). The Town Car is a miserable excuse for a car but it was my recently deceased father-in-law's, and my wife now has it, won't drive it, but won't sell it either because she sees it as her last connection to her father. $6k/yr for insurance is the worst part of the six cars.

Volvo seats are pretty much the best there is, and that's not just my opinion. I've driven the thing for 21 hours straight and never felt the slightest bit of discomfort. The Max seats are OK around town, but when I drove 10 hours straight-thru to Florida, there were noticeable pressure points. The premium Harman speaker system is top notch... four 8" woofers (3-way component in the front doors, coax's in the rear shelf), three 6.5" woofers (coax's in each rear door + center channel)... the bass kicks butt but is clean as a whistle and very natural from top to bottom. The Bose is decent but no match - has a hard forced quality to the bass that isn't there in the Volvo. Some of the head units in 04 and up Volvos were a step backwards (strange fixed EQ curve) but the HU803 headunits with the premium Harman speakers and amps are terrific. The Volvo suspension is typical European... not particularly stiff springs (though the T5 is fairly stiff in European terms), but very well damped. It's comfortable AND handles.

Just to keep this somewhat on-topic... there ARE some decent conventional automatics out there, but when your choice is between the Max CVT and the Volvo 5AT there is no comparison... I wouldn't wish that tranny on an enemy. Sloppy erratic shifts, mushy torque converter and a manumatic mode that is just about worthless, its soooo s-l-o-w to respond. Makes you appreciate the Max CVT.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Howdy, Swee! Yes, we're all doing well, thank you, and I hope the same goes for you.

The TL is okay, but other than the great nav system and Bluetooth, I have to tell you I enjoyed my Max more. Matter of fact, I'm starting to look around ...

I'm like lightoverthehill (oops, lightONthehill ), though, in that I'm too old to fart around with manual trannies these days. I just want Nissan to stop this CVT-only nonsense.

Behave yourself -
I will do (behave myself that is), although it can be said, same for you.

Aren't you locked into that beast for a few years? What would you think of getting an 05-06 Max?

I still have my 05 and will until she kicks the can. I love it even more than the first day I brought it home. I've added a few goodies to her as well.

I see those TL's everywhere. The front end of the 07's remind of the TL's. well, mainly the grille. What color did you get? I forgot. Anthracite Gray?

Good seeing you, I won't thread jack, I just wanted to say 'Hey there'. Take it easy on these 'kids'.

Sorry to the other posters, I'll keep my trip down Maxima Memory Lane to a minimum. Carry on......

Swee
Old 03-06-2007, 09:24 PM

Great thread going here. I'm learning a lot!

SilverMax_04 - My hip is OK, but both my knees are shot. The result is the same; less shifting means less pain.

It is a strange situation, in that I play basketball fine, but once the ball is lying on the floor, I can't bend my knees far enough to pick it up. Does that mean I have to change my moniker to 'lightoverthehill'? Or maybe 'candle on the grassy knoll'?

One detail I did not mention: my dealer said they offer less money on a manual trade-in because they usually stay on the lot so long, and they usually get rid of them by making an offer a legless man can't refuse.

The folks that want manuals want them very very badly. But the other 95% of buyers won't even consider a manual. And therein lies the problem.

-------------

After all has been said and done (and we have said a lot here), the REAL REASON Nissan dropped the manual from the Maxima is because they are moving the Maxima up to be a big, heavy luxurious sporty car, not a 4DSC. In that market, the manual would be the choice of less than 2% of buyers.

The Altima 3.5 with manual will be the new 'Maxima'. Without the exclusivity or panache or image or (most important) the loyal following.

So sad. I really wish Nissan had kept the Maxima in its niche (with 5 sp auto and manual as the ONLY trannys) and introduced a new model (with CVT or 5 sp auto) for their luxo vehicle.

But they didn't.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:39 AM

Wouldn't it make more sense if they took your projected vision for them and put the CVT in the Infiniti's? If the CVT was to be used for the Luxo-Line, that would've made more sense to me.

What are the chances that someone from Ghosn's office actually logs in here and reads what the ACTUAL buyers are saying?

Let's say in a couple of years, when I'm ready to trade, my only choices for a standard tranny would be the new Altima. Not so hypothetically speaking, I am not an avid fan of the Alti's. I have been eliminated as a buyer now. How many other loyalists will be wiped off of the Maxima/Nissan map altogether because of this change?

Food for thought......
Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Wouldn't it make more sense if they took your projected vision for them and put the CVT in the Infiniti's? If the CVT was to be used for the Luxo-Line, that would've made more sense to me.

What are the chances that someone from Ghosn's office actually logs in here and reads what the ACTUAL buyers are saying?

Let's say in a couple of years, when I'm ready to trade, my only choices for a standard tranny would be the new Altima. Not so hypothetically speaking, I am not an avid fan of the Alti's. I have been eliminated as a buyer now. How many other loyalists will be wiped off of the Maxima/Nissan map altogether because of this change?

Food for thought......
I'll jump back in on this one - CVT and luxury don't really mix, at least at this point. CVT's are considered more "blue-collar" in a car sense, more workhorse than enthusiast tool. Sure Lexus has 'em, but they put them in their "grunt" hybrids, not their classy LS's or GS's or even ES's (and certainly not their IS's!). So the upmarket buyer that goes to Infiniti would turn up his (her) nose at a CVT-only luxmobile.

The whole point here, I think, is that Nissan has adopted the attitude that customers are a commodity. Sure, some of us will go to other brands because of limited tranny choices, but they figure new customers will take our places. After all, millions of cars are sold annually.

Nissan has the right to at least try to change the automotive landscape by offering only CVT's in some of their key models, and abandoning the conventional AT entirely. I guess what irks me is that they had such a compelling formula in the 6th Gen Maxima (roomy, stylish, great engine, economical to buy and to operate, good handling, etc.). As it was, it had better overall driving dynamics (IMO) than its competitors. But then they slammed the door on a great many of their customers by offering no manual trans, and only a CVT for automatic fans. What?

It caused me and I'm sure many others to say , even though we would have bought again if given more choices. *sigh*

(And Swee - yes, the TL is Anthracite Grey. It's a lease, but leases don't lock you in. I move in and out of them whenever I want to, and in fact I'm kinda looking around as we speak ... I don't buy used, and leases on last-year's models are typically bad, so I'm not considering an older Max. If Nissan changes their minds and goes to a regular AT in the next gen, I'll be right there!)
Old 03-07-2007, 08:43 AM

FWIW, I saw a link in BITOG of a Valvoline presentation where they analyzed the status of automotive transmissions (for future fluid needs).

As a way of background, they showed in the early 2000s, about 90-95% of the cars sold in the US were autos and the balance were stick. The next slide showed the 05 (IIRC) numbers and the auto tranny numbers were pretty much the same, and CVTs were now in the mix at the expense of manual trannies, not autotragics. What I found surprising was that they then had a projection to 2010 or so and in their view, the auto tranny numbers go down because of the increased popularity of CVTs and the new double clutch trannies, but manuals were back to the percentages originally found in the early 2000s figures. I hope they are correct.

If I get a chance I see if I can dig up the link and see if it's still alive.

p.s. Silvermax, I run the Chicagoland rat race daily and until I have some sort of physical limitation that makes me stop, I don't foresee giving up driving a stickshift.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
The way I look at a replacement for my 04 that fits my needs:
1) Drive my 04 for as many miles as I can safely get out of her (with a MT, her resale value is not that great).
2) Look at the cars that are available with a MT, including the Altima and the Infiniti, and buy the one that comes closest to meeting my needs.
3) Unfortunately, the Maxima with a MT would be my first choice, so I hope Nissan reads this thread and gets the message.
4) But I'm not holding my breath. MT lovers are a definite minority and apparently getting smaller every year. I just hope that there will be something out there when the time comes that is even close to what I consider the optimum (in price, quality, size and features) to even consider buying.

Swee, by the way, what happened to your sexy picture getting under the car?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:31 AM

Yeah, I'm going to university as well. 2nd Year in IT/Business Managment.
Ever thought about taking MIS? If it offered that is. That's what I did. Working for Big Blue now.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:33 AM

Um, I think MIS is the U.S term for ITM (Information Technology Management - That's what i'm doing). Almost done 2nd Year. Next year, I get to choose majors from the following:

Applications Development
Digital Media Solutions
Enterprise Systems and Organizations
Knowledge and Database Management
Telecommunications and Networking

I'm leaning towards Telecommunications and Networking. By the way, What's Big Blue? Sorry, I'm not aware of the company. I.T Based Company? Also, I plan on doing my MBA after I'm done Undergraduate.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
Ever thought about taking MIS? If it offered that is. That's what I did. Working for Big Blue now.
IBM???
Old 03-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
IBM???
Are you serious :|
Um, I own a IBM laptop from school, I work at Best Buy and not once did i ever come across that term. We always refer to it as IBM. I guess in the U.S, It's different?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:32 PM

We need to be careful with nicknames. "Big Blue" is IBM, but the "Blue Oval" is Ford. If the oval is big enough it could be the "Big Blue Oval."

The Big Blue term is more Wall Street than either Main Street or Tech Street.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Swee, by the way, what happened to your sexy picture getting under the car?
For you Sweetie:
Old 03-07-2007, 03:19 PM

Thanks, I missed that on your last post.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:38 PM

'Big Blue' was about the only name we used for IBM through the '60s and '70s, when the whole world was an IBM mainframe oyster.

But somehow, the term diminished somewhat in use in the '80s, as PCs became the rage, and lots of other companies brought high quality competing IT products on the market.

But I still hear IBM referred to as 'Big Blue' almost every day on CNBC (financial channel).

Edit - As to CCS2k1Max's post, I agree that there will manual trannies available right on into the future, as anything else is not really 'driving' for driving enthusiasts.

I do feel, however, that the manuals will not be offered in large cars, or many luxury cars. They will be limited to small and medium vehicles that trend to the 'sporty' side.

I fear the 7th gen Maxima will be larger than would be considered for a manual. The '09 arriving next spring will tell us one way or the other.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:45 AM

I'm afraid you're right; mostly available in econoboxes and sporty cars as "true sport cars" will likely go the F1 way with paddle shifters (more like tech showcases).
Old 03-08-2007, 04:50 PM

just finished addin the 07 spoiler on my 05 looks great
Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 PM

It's kinda hard to tell an 07 Maxima from the 04-06 Max unless your right ontop of it and I've seen several 04-06 that I thought where 07 but they just had the 07 spoiler or the G35 spoiler, Im seeing more 07 Altimas, how do you tell a 2.5 from a 3.5 if they both have dual exhaust, Im also seeing more Versas and new Sentras I know it takes awhile to see new cars on the road but the 07 Camry was everywhere on day 1