6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Got the Koni/KYB AGX Now how do I...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:12 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Got the Koni/KYB AGX Now how do I...

adjust the Konis??? The parts came with no instructions and I will have them professionally installed but just wanted to know as a FYI. Activetuning website has some basic instuctions on installation but no adjustment instuctions.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Well, I guess this would explain the problem. This is the response I got from Activetuning:

"I’m glad you asked that because I just realized that I forgot to include the adjustment ****/instructions with your struts. I’m very sorry but your order was the first for 2007 and it has been months since I built a set of these so I was struggling a bit to get my fixture set up etc. and everything completed and shipped ASAP after the ordering delay with Nissan."

Not trying to put them on blast or anything, just an FYI.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:33 AM

No experience with Koni's but adjustable shocks usually have a dial that lets you set the damping.

Koni springs? You don't adjust springs.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:37 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by psteng19
No experience with Koni's but adjustable shocks usually have a dial that lets you set the damping.

Koni springs? You don't adjust springs.
Who said anything about springs?

Anyway, I got the them installed and I love them. The car is more responsive in every way; braking, accellerating, cornering, etc. The rear feel great; I'm still trying to get the fronts dialed right.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Let me know when u dial in the front. I have the AGXs on my car's rear, but Im contemplating whether I want Koni or GR-2 on the front.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:35 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Let me know when u dial in the front. I have the AGXs on my car's rear, but Im contemplating whether I want Koni or GR-2 on the front.
Dont be a "DUCE" Deus get the KONIS and tune it up. You go all the way with your stuff why would u go half way with GR2?

Kamski
Old 03-20-2007, 07:30 AM
aka The Doom Ship

*update*

I checked the settings on my KYBs and they were all wrong. Not sure what the installer was thinking but I set the rears to 4 for now. I might go to 5. For the fronts, I read somewhere that for the first 100 miles set them to the softest setting to break them in. So right now I'm running very soft up front. Man, it's a big difference! No agressive driving for me for a little while.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Great job on the new setup, after my rear KYB AGX broke in I set them to 6 since we have really smooth roads and minimum potholes.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
Dont be a "DUCE" Deus get the KONIS and tune it up. You go all the way with your stuff why would u go half way with GR2?

Kamski
Ur right Kamski, but I was talking with Brian Catts and he thinks that doing the Koni conversion may be unsafe since it was not made for the car. Ill prolly go with the Konis cuz I love the adjustability, like I have with the AGXs.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Ur right Kamski, but I was talking with Brian Catts and he thinks that doing the Koni conversion may be unsafe since it was not made for the car. Ill prolly go with the Konis cuz I love the adjustability, like I have with the AGXs.
FYI - We've had the Koni's on our project Altima with a 2.2" drop for 3+ years now with 0 problems. We've done a good amount of conversions, with the only issues being from installation.

Also, keep in mind, the AGX's are also a custom solution...which you seem to like
Old 04-20-2007, 01:15 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Let me just say I love my Konis and KYBs. I can tell they're nice and broken in. My rears are on 6 and fronts 1 1/2 turns. I might go to 2 turns on the fronts.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:05 PM

I love my AGX's on the rear and plan for the Konis very very soon, like probably next week if I can find the time.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:27 PM

Hay! I've recently installed the adjustable Koni Struts & Kyb Agxs shocks, an let me inform that it was the best investment towards my suspension upgrades by far. Another reason I invested in the more expensive suspension components is because I have the lowest kit they make for our maximas. The Intrax Kit, dropping the front @ 2.2 inches; an the rear @ 1.5 inches. OH! Did I mention I have 22s with that Intrax Lowering Kit, "NO" complications what-so-ever. Activetuning.com was very helpful with all my question,concerns, etc.....