6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

07 nissan maxima tire pressure monitors

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

07 nissan maxima tire pressure monitors

i put after market wheels on my maxima. i switched the new sensors to the after market wheels but when i start my car it flashes then the light stay on. how can i reset it?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

..........More Air???
Old 04-24-2007, 07:24 AM
dla

Originally Posted by dmflying
i put after market wheels on my maxima. i switched the new sensors to the after market wheels but when i start my car it flashes then the light stay on. how can i reset it?
Wow! I mean WOW! This individual has ONE post, and has created ONE thread, and has donated to the org.

I feel the need to donate!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:27 AM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

If it flashes for sixty seconds and then stays on it is a malfunction indication. Mine's been that way since they replaced one of my sensors.

Damn government nannies.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by dla
Wow! I mean WOW! This individual has ONE post, and has created ONE thread, and has donated to the org.

I feel the need to donate!
Overcome the guilt, DONATE!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:30 AM
dla

Originally Posted by chernmax
Overcome the guilt, DONATE!!!

DONE!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:33 AM
dla

Sorry I've been no help on the topic, but now I might become a post *****! read around the org, and listen to jcalabria because there is a known issue with the TPMS on the '07
Old 04-24-2007, 09:45 AM

I hate those stupid things...it's just more laziness to the world, and they malfunction all the time and are just retarded imo, wether it be in a GM or a Nissan...too much technology and just one more thing that can break and go wrong
Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 AM
dla

Sounds like someone needs to come up with the nonag for the TPMS like the nonag for the navi screen. Like many new tech things, they take some time to perfect.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:07 AM

TPMS fixed!!!!!!!

Since I see this thread here I will add my experience over the past two weeks. I started a post looking for help on this last week titled "BCM Help". Long story short, it was the receiver module that had failed. The tech started on mine from the ground up and followed Nissans recommended steps. First replaced all 4 wheel sensors, no go, couldn't connect to reconfigure them. Then Nissan said to replace the BCM (Body Control Module), once this was done things got worse. The intelli-keys started acting up. Both keys weren't working correctly so now tech worked on fixing this before getting back to the wheels. Long story short, after what seemed like forever, my local tech was around at the shop at the same time as a visiting field tech was looking at another vehicle. He pulled him aside and started asking about my car. They got into it, the rep pulled out his scan tool (dealerships was having issues downloading updates for some reason), somehow got to the fact that the reciever module was faulting, replaced with a unit from a car on the lot and voila, after that everything synced up fine (wheels, keys).

So if your wheels sensor malfunction light seems to be acting up this may be the cause. However be careful because until Nissan documents this I imagine your tech would have to go through the same steps. My tech was always leaning to this module but again couldn't risk replacing til he reached that step and was authorized for warranty coverage.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:44 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by VinneousMaximus
Since I see this thread here I will add my experience over the past two weeks. I started a post looking for help on this last week titled "BCM Help". Long story short, it was the receiver module that had failed. The tech started on mine from the ground up and followed Nissans recommended steps. First replaced all 4 wheel sensors, no go, couldn't connect to reconfigure them. Then Nissan said to replace the BCM (Body Control Module), once this was done things got worse. The intelli-keys started acting up. Both keys weren't working correctly so now tech worked on fixing this before getting back to the wheels. Long story short, after what seemed like forever, my local tech was around at the shop at the same time as a visiting field tech was looking at another vehicle. He pulled him aside and started asking about my car. They got into it, the rep pulled out his scan tool (dealerships was having issues downloading updates for some reason), somehow got to the fact that the reciever module was faulting, replaced with a unit from a car on the lot and voila, after that everything synced up fine (wheels, keys).

So if your wheels sensor malfunction light seems to be acting up this may be the cause. However be careful because until Nissan documents this I imagine your tech would have to go through the same steps. My tech was always leaning to this module but again couldn't risk replacing til he reached that step and was authorized for warranty coverage.
Don't ya just love being the test subject for on-the-job training?