6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

A Newbie Who Finally Took a Coupe of Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 02:19 PM

A Newbie Who Finally Took a Coupe of Pics...

I am a newbie to this site, and to this Maxima world. I just bought my car a little over one month ago. I've only done a couple of mods (Driv Don wheels 20x8.5 chrome pillar-post & chrome door handles, chrome Billet grilles upper & lower). I'm also going to put 35% black tint, and "possibly" lower the car (but not sure about lowering the car...I think this will void my warranty). I know most of you guys don't like the wheel choice I've made, but I do. Car looks much better in-person. Anyway, here are only 2 pictures of my car so far. Will be taking some more once I'm done with modding. What do you guys think of it?

Thank you!

Old 04-30-2007, 02:24 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Wheel choice and extra chrome pieces may catch some heat, but all that really matters is that you like it. Enjoy your Max and welcome.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 PM

please lower the car...your front gap for some reason looks worse than mine, I like the chrome door handles and posts though & I think you shoulda got the 22s. Just my .02
Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 PM

I don't think his wheel gap is all that bad. I think that photo just makes it look like there is more gap than there really is.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:03 PM

The wheels ain't my favorite but it looks a lot better than the pic that you posted of the that max on 22's. Now, some 22's look good but the one you posted was horrible. Your 20's look way better than your origional pic. It does need a drop and I would eliminate the chrome handles and door trim, let the wheel's shine do the talkin.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Nice ride, perhaps a bit too much chrome, but it kinda looks nice...

Lowering is a must, imho of course. I would also HIGHLY consider installing a wing/spoiler

I just ordered an 07' spoiler from Ebay for about 180 bucks and the auto shop will charge me $350.00 to install/repaint the Trunk lid.
But you're in better shape because all you have to do is buy a painted wing and slap it on!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The fad used to be to try to delete the chrome pieces off of a car...what happened?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
The fad used to be to try to delete the chrome pieces off of a car...what happened?

Well I'm not striving to be a follower, or follow any fad. I buy what I know I'll like, and not what others think I should get/have. Thx!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by larsim
Nice ride, perhaps a bit too much chrome, but it kinda looks nice...

Lowering is a must, imho of course. I would also HIGHLY consider installing a wing/spoiler

I just ordered an 07' spoiler from Ebay for about 180 bucks and the auto shop will charge me $350.00 to install/repaint the Trunk lid.
But you're in better shape because all you have to do is buy a painted wing and slap it on!

Thanks!

I'm probably not going to buy any lip/spoiler for my rear. I've seen them, and they're nice. But I kind of like mine w/o the spoiler. To me, it makes my car look alot cleaner looking. Again, this is just my opinion. But thank you!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by DTinVA
I don't think his wheel gap is all that bad. I think that photo just makes it look like there is more gap than there really is.
It's just the photo, but the car can use a drop. Thx!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by sdotjoe
please lower the car...your front gap for some reason looks worse than mine, I like the chrome door handles and posts though & I think you shoulda got the 22s. Just my .02
Yes the car can use a drop, but like I said before, I think by doing this (lowering) will void my warranty.

I was really debating on getting the 22s but, by doing that, it would have really hurt my car's ride quality. 22s will make the car look a hell of alot better, but "IF" I would have bought them, I would have had to upgrade my suspension to adjust to the larger wheel size. Again, probably voiding my warranty. Thx!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by 2-DIE-4
Yes the car can use a drop, but like I said before, I think by doing this (lowering) will void my warranty.
Not necessarily. My car was lowered and I still got warranty work done on the struts.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:29 PM

Welcome to the Maxima world and rock your Maxima out. Congrats... you won't be disappointed. I am on my 4th Maxima and still love it when I drive off the driveway at my house!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:04 PM

No offense to you at all, but I think chrome door pillars are one of the ugliest mods that ever came out. It just looks like random chrome on the car. And Im a fan of 5 star wheels, those wheels in these pics just look too bulky and plain for my taste. But its not my car so who cares....
Old 04-30-2007, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Killah Kane
No offense to you at all, but I think chrome door pillars are one of the ugliest mods that ever came out. It just looks like random chrome on the car. And Im a fan of 5 star wheels, those wheels in these pics just look too bulky and plain for my taste. But its not my car so who cares....
We all are entitled to our own opinion.

IMO, I think the chrome pillars & handles give the car just a little more character. And once I add the 35% black tint, it'll all blend together just right.

To each his or her own when it comes to the wheel comment.

Thx!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:14 PM

The 20" versions look much better than the 22" wheel pic you posted before. But, I don't know what your budget was but theyre some cheezy cheapo rims. But yeah, you're the one who drives it so good luck.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Not for rookies!!

The car looks good, not much of a fan of the rims though...welcome to the site.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 PM

Welcome to the site! It's awesome to see you jump right in and be creative.

I would encourage you to drop it. I did mine and am not terribly worried about the warranty. I love the ride and handling.

Congrats on your baby and welcome to the MaxFamily.

Swee
Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 PM
M&M

I think the car looks good. I wouldn't do it myself though, since it's not my style.

But anyways, the Maxima seems to attract 2 kinds of people. On one side you have the 'Tuners' who like good sport rims, performance upgrades and subtle exterior mods. While on the other side you have the 'Ballers', who think that big flashy chrome rims are a absolute must have in order to be a true ghetto fabulous baller. Somewhere in between there fall the ricers, but luckily there isn't too many of those.

Now for all the chrome haters, while it isn't my style either, I really dont think that those rims are ugly at all. Not everybody has the same style and we should respect that. While the above posted Maxima isn't quiet as pimp as a Escalade on 24's, you have to admit that the Maxima can pull off the chrome quiet well, unlike lets say a civic or accord with chrome 20's.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:38 PM
.org extraordinaire

errr

Welcome to the site is all I have to say about that.

Kamski
Old 04-30-2007, 11:08 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Not really a fan of the rims but like you said to each is his or her own...

welcome to the site....
Old 04-30-2007, 11:21 PM
*moderator*

Welcome to the site, not quite my steez either but it's your car not mine!!
As for the warranty, if you lower your car it will only void the warranty on the suspension, not the entire thing. And for the record it's not the pic, we've all been through "the gap" we know it's there and know it's bad!! Get lowered you won't regret it one bit!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
Not really a fan of the rims but like you said to each is his or her own...

welcome to the site....
at least he got the offset right though...amirite?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:17 AM

My opinion has gotten me into a bit of trouble here...so we'll stick with this *ahem*:

I think the wheels look horrible, but I think I've already said that. The chrome is a little much IMO. And, if you don't plan to chrome the rest of teh black surrounding the windows, I would ditch the chrome altogether. Also...a tint job wouldn't be a bad idea.

Like everyone likes to say...it's your car, so as long as you're happy, more power to you. I'm not the one who has to be seen in it every day. On top of it all, it appears you live in NJ. I guess there's a different mentality out there. You'll probably get a lot of "respect" from the younger crowd. Not my taste, but I've seen worse, I guess. Like I said above...at least you got the offset right.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Welcome to the 6th gen forum, nice ride...
Old 05-01-2007, 07:43 AM

I hate above all things chrome rims on anything. However, I have to admit that I like those rims, they go nice with the car. Pillars look thrown on, as was commented above. I would take off the pillars, leave the handles, and do the drop. Keep the rims they are awesome.

Joshua
Old 05-01-2007, 08:55 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

I guess if you like the rims then you proly like the chrome pilars too. I'd say ditch both, I know you eventually will cause the chrome is so boring.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by tehaviator
My opinion has gotten me into a bit of trouble here...so we'll stick with this *ahem*:

I think the wheels look horrible, but I think I've already said that. The chrome is a little much IMO. And, if you don't plan to chrome the rest of teh black surrounding the windows, I would ditch the chrome altogether. Also...a tint job wouldn't be a bad idea.

Like everyone likes to say...it's your car, so as long as you're happy, more power to you. I'm not the one who has to be seen in it every day. On top of it all, it appears you live in NJ. I guess there's a different mentality out there. You'll probably get a lot of "respect" from the younger crowd. Not my taste, but I've seen worse, I guess. Like I said above...at least you got the offset right.

As far as your wheel comment, to each his or her own. The car looks much, much better in-person, as opposed to these 2 random pics I took.

Yes there is a dfferent mentality out here in North New Jersey/New York as opposed to the West Coast. "Most" of us here (at-least the people I know)are about Flash, Cash and Dash. "Flash: huge wheels, and lots of chrome". "Cash: take a paper-bag full of it, go to the dealer, drop it on his desk, and say I want that, and drive off the lot". "Dash: living the fast life, Ballin"!

Most of the people I know, don't put kits, spoilers or ground-effects on their cars like those in the West. Unless it's a AMG Benz or M-series Beemer that comes with it stock. Most don't like the tuner look. Most just like to buy late model luxary type cars or luxary cars straight off the lot, slap some big wheels on it after leaving the dealer, tint the windows, add a system, add a grille and call it a day. Simple! It doesn't take much in my or most people I know opinions, to make a car look good. Especially a luxary or luxary type car like the Max. Most believe less is more (as far as cars) and more is for ****** (people who try to hard).

And just for the record. Respect comes not only from the "younger crowd", but a crew amongs a younger generation. Respect is just not something handed out or given away litely. It's something that is earned over time! Big cars, and chrome wheels just doesn't cut it as far as respect. It's the game that's being played, and how you play it,...is how you earn, or not earn respect.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:33 AM
† ErV †

not sure which is scarrier.. the place you live in or what you've done to a maxima.

the wheels are ok but the door sills have got to go

Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by † ErV †
not sure which is scarrier.. the place you live in or what you've done to a maxima.

the wheels are ok but the door sills have got to go
Not really sure what you mean by: the place you live in. What, North New Jersey? The complex in the background where you see my car parked?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
† ErV †

the later....

Old 05-01-2007, 10:41 AM

Any bets on how long till we see pics of the car up on blocks in that parking lot?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by † ErV †
the later....
Don't live there. Stopped by for some smoke, and a drink.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:50 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

Pics gone? Did anyone save them?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
Any bets on how long till we see pics of the car up on blocks in that parking lot?
See once you have respect in your hood, you don't have to worry about this or that. People know who you are, where you are from, and who you are with. Nuff said!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:00 AM

It is all about what the owner thinks of his ride and nothing else. For me, I just vomited in my mouth when I saw that pic.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by Lumbee1
It is all about what the owner thinks of his ride and nothing else. For me, I just vomited in my mouth when I saw that pic.
I support this post.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:06 PM

"Dash: living the fast life, Ballin"!

Nothing is ballin about that ride. Get some nice Asanti wheels if you wanna use that word.

Originally Posted by 2-DIE-4
As far as your wheel comment, to each his or her own. The car looks much, much better in-person, as opposed to these 2 random pics I took.

Yes there is a dfferent mentality out here in North New Jersey/New York as opposed to the West Coast. "Most" of us here (at-least the people I know)are about Flash, Cash and Dash. "Flash: huge wheels, and lots of chrome". "Cash: take a paper-bag full of it, go to the dealer, drop it on his desk, and say I want that, and drive off the lot". "Dash: living the fast life, Ballin"!

Most of the people I know, don't put kits, spoilers or ground-effects on their cars like those in the West. Unless it's a AMG Benz or M-series Beemer that comes with it stock. Most don't like the tuner look. Most just like to buy late model luxary type cars or luxary cars straight off the lot, slap some big wheels on it after leaving the dealer, tint the windows, add a system, add a grille and call it a day. Simple! It doesn't take much in my or most people I know opinions, to make a car look good. Especially a luxary or luxary type car like the Max. Most believe less is more (as far as cars) and more is for ****** (people who try to hard).

And just for the record. Respect comes not only from the "younger crowd", but a crew amongs a younger generation. Respect is just not something handed out or given away litely. It's something that is earned over time! Big cars, and chrome wheels just doesn't cut it as far as respect. It's the game that's being played, and how you play it,...is how you earn, or not earn respect.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Ballin in a Maxima???
Old 05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
wat

Most people in the west drive BMWs, Mercedes, etc. That's all you ever see in southern California.

So where's this "West" you speak of?

Quick Reply: A Newbie Who Finally Took a Coupe of Pics...