6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Looking to Raplaece the Amber in the Info Screen

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:38 PM

Looking to Raplaece the Amber in the Info Screen

I am looking into changing the amber in the info screen but I looked at the write up in the How to section and the pictures dont show.... can any one let me know what LED's they used and how many and maybe a bit og how to manage doing so... Thanx
Old 06-21-2007, 08:28 PM

PM gec for the whole kit which runs for about $600

on a side note...are you going to maxus, since it's real close to where you live?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:24 PM

I'll try to get there!! I am still trying to get some 22's on there since the offset is a bit off ... but i will do my best... Hope to see you there!!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:14 AM

from what I understand (im not trying to steal gec's thunder) the led type is of a "plcc-2", a smd led. I know nothing about electronics, and I could be totally wrong, but I picked up the info from a Titan forum whilst reading a thread from people who also hated their amber dash as well. I cant tell you anything else about them, although he said you can just pick them up off ebay. I picked up 50 in case he was right. it was only $20. anywho, I was on a g35 discussion forum, and ran acrossed a guy who changed his led's out (I didnt know what type his used) but he replaced his amber with white and used blue "lighting gel" to make it all blue. he said it was simple. It also seems like it would allow for changing colors later on if the original color chosen gets old or whatnot. One thing I did learn from hours of researching this is that it is VERY tedious and time consuming, and risky as well. I tore into the HVAC panel and found led's that look just like what the guy on the titan forum described. they were tiny. I dont know what types of leds are used behind the instrument cluster or lcd screen though. I'm hoping they are the same. the HVAC panel appeared to use 2 different sized led's but they looked identical. just the size looked to be different. I believe only gec could tell you the specifics about what led's are used, but @ $600/install, I dont blame him for keeping it a secret!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:42 AM

I want to change them out too, i want white! But i dont know if i want to go thru the trouble and i really dont want to pay 600 for it.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:49 PM

I want to change them out too, i want white! But i dont know if i want to go thru the trouble and i really dont want to pay 600 for it.

+1. I found this. I know its for a different type of car, but hey-they used plcc-2's in their color swap. should be the same, right?

I hope nobody gets offended by my posting this. If it causes problems, delete it.

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/view...a3f2816f463d83
Old 07-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by saxima
+1. I found this. I know its for a different type of car, but hey-they used plcc-2's in their color swap. should be the same, right?

I hope nobody gets offended by my posting this. If it causes problems, delete it.

No problem at all. Nobody on this website is a millionaire or we all be on the Lambo forums!! hahahahahaha!!

Well if guys find anymore info on how to change out these lights for less the 600 dollars, please inform the rest of the Max riders. No shame in the game homies!! holla
Old 08-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by myfeetstink
test reply
why do we have so many f'ing idiots here?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by GrimMax
No problem at all. Nobody on this website is a millionaire or we all be on the Lambo forums!! hahahahahaha!!

Well if guys find anymore info on how to change out these lights for less the 600 dollars, please inform the rest of the Max riders. No shame in the game homies!! holla
Grim I love those back lights!!! Did you photochop them are did you buy them like that? That is fiya! The chrome handles look good too.. was looking into getting them but I'm afraid my "nervous twitch" would glue them in the wrong place.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by saxima

Thats fiya but it still looks compicated and it takes a lot of courage for someone to pull their car apart... I bet its emotional too.

I'll be like the caveman... Observe, Analyze, Execute... Let someone else do it, see what their results are, if they mess up its a no-go and if they do welll then I'm online at 1:00 in the a.m. ordering parts via next day DHL Service....
Old 08-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Do yourself a favor and have GEC do it. I have watched him do a few and it is tedious, hard work. A lot of soldering of very small LEDs. 600.00 is not bad considering how much it will cost if you mess it up and destroy the circuit board.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by JoesRedMax
Do yourself a favor and have GEC do it. I have watched him do a few and it is tedious, hard work. A lot of soldering of very small LEDs. 600.00 is not bad considering how much it will cost if you mess it up and destroy the circuit board.

on that... thats a cheap price if u think about the HOURS of work + parts...

Gec= #1