6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Racingline FSTB #65653876976

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 10:08 AM

Taz made really sure nothing touched anywhere.

Miamiblackmax. Save your pesos drive a civic this mod took a long time to get just right, no point selling a product thats half arsed.

Kamski[/QUOTE]

just think he shouldnt have put a pre order when the item was not even close of getting it done. i think product should be in the end stages or protype done when he offers something..my .02
also when i said he should offer something i was thinking no shipping charges for those who pre order or something along that line
Old 07-04-2007, 10:41 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by MiamiBlackMax
just think he shouldnt have put a pre order when the item was not even close of getting it done. i think product should be in the end stages or protype done when he offers something..my .02
also when i said he should offer something i was thinking no shipping charges for those who pre order or something along that line
I understand that, but Taz spent countless hours underneath the hood of the maxima, welding, cutting, re-welding, grinding, bending, so that this bar would be a perfect fit.

Even the way the brackets are designed to split the load on each weight bearing bar retainer is so much superior to anything else. That took 2 tries just to get perfect.

I guess with the strut bar there is a lesson to be learned about pre-orders.... heheheh dont do them. Either way, I think there are only so many people you can make happy in business, there will allways be someone who will gripe about something, want a better price on something or expect it for free.

I dont have to worry about running my own business, I get paid by the Government but I do feel for those that take on that challenge on their own. Power to you.

Taz you want to chime in on the dev time it took to get this perfect?

Kamski
Old 07-04-2007, 11:30 AM

...or when they might be purchasable for us who didn't preorder?
Old 07-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Taz already admitted he put the pre-order out too early.. he had several unexpected delays, along with moving and I believe having a baby. Plus, he did keep us updated, even if it was a good bit of time in between updates sometimes, he updated us. He also offered a refund for anyone who wanted one QUITE a while ago.

I say you quit your *****in, take your Civic out for a spin or two so we can laugh at you and your fart-can exhaust, and fix your sig, which you probably didn't realize the mods edited because you had an annoyingly large picture.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:47 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Ritz
I say you quit your *****in, take your Civic out for a spin or two so we can laugh at you and your fart-can exhaust, and fix your sig, which you probably didn't realize the mods edited because you had an annoyingly large picture.

AWESOME!!! Thats the equivelent of a digital bicth slap.!!!!

Kamski
Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 AM

lets get things str8 so u have has something to post in 1 mins since all u guys do is get on and post since u guys are so busy..i have no complaints on taz if i wanted a refund i would have asked him for one..secondly if you say taz kept us updated i dont know why weeks would go by and not hear anything from him until someone from the org would post something about any updates..when i asked him to send me the endlinks i got them right away so there is no problems with his business and im glad he is doing a good job on coming up for items for the max..like it was said its just something learned as far as him doing a pre order..so since your calling me out(ritz, kam) for no reason when i didnt say anything wrong except maybe a discount (shipping or somethig) which i dont think is nothing wrong for those that have been patiently waiting (which you can go search b/c i never said nothing wrong about taz) ritz go to ur local walmart and show off ur MAx and kam how bout slammin ur head on the comp like ur icon..now you can start talking crap about me since i just did on u guys
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 PM

1. You people ***** and whine more than any group of car owners I have ever run into.
2. This should not be. You drive a classy car. Please act classy.
3. This bar took some time to fabricate. I say it looks perfect. I'll pay time and money for perfection.
4. I'd like to buy one of these bars. How can I get one.
5. Thank you.

Joshua
Old 07-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by philoforlife
1. You people ***** and whine more than any group of car owners I have ever run into...
I guess you missed the Mustang thread...

How much is this bar???
Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 PM

front endlinkns

Hey Kam! I never look at the front underside of my 05 max at least not the front sway bar and endlinks. Is there a front swaybar available better than stock?. Are they going to have a group buy or special discount for people buying the front endlinks first?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by mightymax5
Hey Kam! I never look at the front underside of my 05 max at least not the front sway bar and endlinks. Is there a front swaybar available better than stock?. Are they going to have a group buy or special discount for people buying the front endlinks first?
FSB=Altima SE-R FSB or the f/r NISMO sway bars that are made for the Altima, but a member had them fit perfectly onto his Max.

SE-R bar is 24mm compared to 22mm stock and the NISMO bars are 25mm or 26mm?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:20 AM
.org extraordinaire

ritz go to ur local walmart and show off ur MAx and kam how bout slammin ur head on the comp like ur icon..now you can start talking crap about me since i just did on u guys
I have nothing against you bro, just standing up for what I believe. Civics suck. Maximas Rock, thank you Taz.

AMEN

PS- that thing about me banging my head against keyboard.... pretty funny. I actually do that when I get bored with posting.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:33 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

its true i have seen the marks on his forhead... its crazy
Old 07-06-2007, 08:07 AM

Subscribing! And great to hear we've made some progress!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:45 AM

hey kam got nothing against u either but if u guys r going to call me out then im going to do the same..never said nething bad bout taz b/c like i said when i asked him to send me the endlinks he did so got nothing anyone here u know...next time u feel like slammin ur head agains ur comp let me know ill get a chair ill save u some bucks...lol
Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 PM

wow a lotta ish talkin.. anyways.. when is this bar gonna be ready? looks awesome and cant wait to order one for the wifey. im sure its worth the price that is paid.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:58 PM

......Patiently awaiting an email
Old 07-08-2007, 06:51 PM

anyone get an emial yet?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:10 AM

Goodie goodie gum drops...

Taz... i have since moved, we shall fix that up when I get the email....
Old 07-09-2007, 09:50 AM

I am not concerned, but I haven't yet gotten an email for my pre-order.

I'm sure Taz will check in this week.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:47 PM
TAZ

Hey guys sorry for the delay, been waiting for some firm numbers on time lines. The order has to be placed in cue within the factory, as well material has to brought in ( 500 feet worth of the aluminum alone !!) I can try to get a few out ahead of time rather than wait for all of them (i'm ordering almost 200 of them . But seeing as they are being powder coated NOT painted, it's likely that at least 100 will have to be made before I can steal some out. I've been over the plans for the adjustments that need to go into the bar still and the factory understands, and agrees they can be made with out further delay or extra samples. The last sample was near perfect, it just needed tweaking a mm here and a mm there, things that can be done on the jig.

COLORS: Main choices (read production choices) are going to be 1) Polished bar, black brackets. 2) All Black bar and brackets.

Additional options available to preorders only are Blue or red brackets on either bar. However todate the mix'in match colors are few and therefore will be colored after the fact so you may have to wait an extra week or so for these. It's actually going to be a pain in my *** to have these done after the fact but, It's what I promised.

A few people are asking for prices and if they can buy now.............no! Untill I have a FIRM date that I will recieve the bars, there will be no further preorders on even advanced purchases at full price. I have to many peoples money already and it's not fair that anyone else be let in now since I've had thiers for so long. Reg. price will be $95 + $7 for clutch relocation bracket ( manual cars only)

As far as fitment with IM spacers installed..... It should fit but will be extremely close. I'd highly reccomend MMI's to make sure the IM and strut bar don't hit while the engine is rocking back and forth. If there is a conflict in the two your only option will be to shim the brackets of the strut bar higher, thus raising the bar, problem is it will now hit your hood nad you'll have to shim your hood. not hard but a pain in the butt.

I will offer a discount to all preorder participants on upcoming products as a thank you for your patience. In the coming months expect to see:

1)billet rear endlinks with chromoly Hiem joints. New V.2 bushing set that use a metal insert to promote a better/more secure install adn eliminate the risk of bushing failure. - 2-3 weeks

2)Billet front endlinks. Still in testing but great results so far! Expect to see these in 4-6 weeks.

3) Billet aluminum battery tie downs. 6-8 weeks

4) Newer better dyno proven y pipes, with smoother transitions and fully tig welded. 8-10 weeks ( still insampling/testing)

5) hybrid 1 piece WAI style intake with full heat shield. 8-10 weeks ( in development) Most likely in aluminum but I am CONCIDERING having them made in full Carbon fiber.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 PM

This should be interesting as both Taz and Cattman will now have a Y-Pipe out this fall.

I definitely will be getting the FSTB though...

I have the spacers, how hard is it to put the MMI's on?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 PM

to taz!!!

Good thing I kept holding off on the Energy Suspension bushings yo! I will just PATIENTLY wait for the new end-links with BETTER bushings.

Any price ranges for the new end-links, both front and rear? Stupid question, but will these be rust-resistant?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:21 PM

how many of those 200 are already sold? curious to know if there'll be a wait after the pre-orders are sent out.

also curious to know if the clutch bracket is included with those pre-orders, since I don't think there was a price difference before..
Old 07-10-2007, 03:21 AM
TAZ

just under 70 are already sold, so there will be alot left over for everyone else.

Yes the clutch bracket is included for pre order participants
Old 07-10-2007, 04:32 AM

Thanks Taz, let us know when you have those firm numbers on the timelines.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 AM

Are these endlinks you keep talking about for the FSTB or for the front sway bar under the car? I didn't think the FSTB needed endlinks.

What the hell do endlinks do anyway? Aren't they just bolts, basically? How does adding them upgrade anything?

Appreciated!

Joshua
Old 07-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Are these endlinks you keep talking about for the FSTB or for the front sway bar under the car? I didn't think the FSTB needed endlinks.

What the hell do endlinks do anyway? Aren't they just bolts, basically? How does adding them upgrade anything?

Appreciated!

Joshua
for the sway bar..

you already have them, but these will be better.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:40 PM

Appreciated!

Joshua
Are you retarded?

Look at post #28..............YOUR POST ASKING THE SAME EXACT THING, followed by my post which explained it!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 PM

What is the clutch bracket for? I wish someone could make a brake booster brace like Stillen sells for the 350z!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 PM
TAZ

the clutch bracket is to relocate the resevoir out of the way of the strut bar so they don't touch each other like on the stillen.

Kam and I looked into the brace the other day and it's tough finding a places to bolt it too.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:24 PM

what day are you expecting [tentatively] to start shipping out to the pre ordered people?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:55 PM

i ordered the endlinks over the weekend.. how much of a difference is it going to be from the new billet ones?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 PM

i'll take a pair of front and rear endlinks when they comes avaibl. tehe

if we already have your rear endlinks do you want us to return them back for maybe like peices that you might wanna reuse or something...maybe i have no idea what i'm saying. forget ti then...lolxz

gotta think recycle...tehe
Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
i'll take a pair of front and rear endlinks when they comes avaibl. tehe

if we already have your rear endlinks do you want us to return them back for maybe like peices that you might wanna reuse or something...maybe i have no idea what i'm saying. forget ti then...lolxz

gotta think recycle...tehe
Are you sober?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:23 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
Are you sober?
if he is... then i must be drunk

o wait.. i am
Old 07-12-2007, 10:38 PM

what day are you expecting [tentatively] to start shipping out to the pre ordered people?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:15 PM

Are you sober?
well i just realized that i didn't make that much sense...

ummm i mean like in terms of i don't know...maybe like a A/C...you can send it back for a discount...but whatever its all good...cause my endlink is in really good condidtion...i washed off the rust and realized that it really wasn't rust at all just really dirty...just the bushings need to be changed out. but i retract what i said i'm sorry lolxz...its really didn't make much sense.

PS thats madd mean dan...lolxz...i've been sober for 31 hours and about 30 min...over a day damn it...and going strong! tehe j/k
Old 07-13-2007, 09:44 PM

well i just realized that i didn't make that much sense...

ummm i mean like in terms of i don't know...maybe like a A/C...you can send it back for a discount...but whatever its all good...cause my endlink is in really good condidtion...i washed off the rust and realized that it really wasn't rust at all just really dirty...just the bushings need to be changed out. but i retract what i said i'm sorry lolxz...its really didn't make much sense.

PS thats madd mean dan...lolxz...i've been sober for 31 hours and about 30 min...over a day damn it...and going strong! tehe j/k
Sense make it you very!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:00 PM

Sense make it you very!
HEY NYC PUBLIC SCHOOL EDU...i'm doing the best i can. tehe
Old 07-14-2007, 06:42 PM

HEY NYC PUBLIC SCHOOL EDU...i'm doing the best i can. tehe

Quick Reply: Racingline FSTB #65653876976