6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

When Truck tires attack!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:32 AM
.org extraordinaire

When Truck tires attack!!!

so here is my baby after a truck lost a tire and azs raped my car.

http://www.tranquilityhomecomfort.ca...s/pics/Broken/

I got a Toyota Camry Hybrid as a rental, and i must say im very impressed. For a luckluster piece of siht with a sihte interior and weird exterior it boogies pretty well when you punch it. The electric motor boosting the gasoline motor works quite well in tandem. However since I do most of my driving at cruising speed out of traffic I cant see how it would save me any money since most of the time I'm driving in the 7-10L/100km range.

I do miss my Maxima and cant wait to get her back.

Kamski
Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 AM
.org extraordinaire

ohh and someone once commented on something about sihtty blind spots or something along those lines in our cars.

http://www.tranquilityhomecomfort.ca...pics/Interior/

I dont have any blind spots, care to elaborate?

Kamski
Old 07-06-2007, 02:33 AM
I R The Law

If you use your rearview to find your blind spot you must not be a very good driver. Just my opinion cause I find those broadway mirrors useless.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:33 AM

of course that tire HAD to hit your car...it completely misses all the sihty cars around
Old 07-06-2007, 04:36 AM

Hope you are ok. Well, at least you have an excuse to get a different grille for your car now!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:57 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

damn man that sucks... but like someone else said... atleast you get a new grill set up etc... paint.. bla bla...

Post some after pics... hope they match it all correctly...

HEY you lights look sweet... have a right up on how to paint em like that???

I knmow there are many out there but i find your writeups to be very easy and helpful
Old 07-06-2007, 04:58 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

When you supposed to get your car back ?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:03 AM

That's a shame. Don't tell me it is another summer of flying truck tires in Toronto (have to go through there occasionally).

I noticed your license plate. It kind of goes with the damage since it would be how Elmer Fudd would say "a wreck".

Hope the repair meets with approval.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:06 AM
I piss on Civics.

im going to toronto this summer.. should i be afraid of vicious trucks with a vendetta for smoke maximas?

p.s. since your getting rid of your car.... ill call dibs on the rims! thx! :P
Old 07-06-2007, 06:48 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by ecksy
im going to toronto this summer.. should i be afraid of vicious trucks with a vendetta for smoke maximas?

p.s. since your getting rid of your car.... ill call dibs on the rims! thx! :P

where does it say he is getting rid of his car??? all i saw was that it said he "CANT WAIT" to get his car back../??

Old 07-06-2007, 12:19 PM
I piss on Civics.

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
where does it say he is getting rid of his car??? all i saw was that it said he "CANT WAIT" to get his car back../??

it doesn't at ALL im just somewhat optomistic no but seriously your ride was so clean :\ hate to see it get demolished to that extent

Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

its a bumper man .... and looks like a grill.. i would say around 1500 for everything out the door..... kam will be terrorizing canada in no time
Old 07-06-2007, 12:48 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by The Law
If you use your rearview to find your blind spot you must not be a very good driver. Just my opinion cause I find those broadway mirrors useless.
Obviously your not the law..... and if you knew any more about me you wouldnt be so cocky as to throw opinions like that without justification.

I have the mirror on my car for track use, on the street, i rarely use them. They are an aid for driving, they dont replace great drivers they only add a level of safety to your daily drive by shrinking the blind spot.

At work I drive between 8-10 hours per day, my work vehicle has a bunch of siht impeading my 360degree view so believe when I say your opinion on my driving isnt worth a siht stain in my book.

As to my car being damaged, a pickup truck also got smoked by that same tire but he drove right over it. When I get my car back, it will be so much nicer then before...... MUAHAHAHAHA

Kamski
Old 07-06-2007, 01:12 PM
The "Other" project

Darn Kam sorry to see about your car, guess I got rid of mine at just the right time...everybody seems to be getting crunched lately......
Old 07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
Obviously your not the law..... and if you knew any more about me you wouldnt be so cocky as to throw opinions like that without justification.

I have the mirror on my car for track use, on the street, i rarely use them. They are an aid for driving, they dont replace great drivers they only add a level of safety to your daily drive by shrinking the blind spot.

At work I drive between 8-10 hours per day, my work vehicle has a bunch of siht impeading my 360degree view so believe when I say your opinion on my driving isnt worth a siht stain in my book.

As to my car being damaged, a pickup truck also got smoked by that same tire but he drove right over it. When I get my car back, it will be so much nicer then before...... MUAHAHAHAH
Kamski

Did they give you a timeline?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Banned

Not bad, it also happened to another guy...ramburg i think not too long ago
Old 07-06-2007, 05:36 PM
GrandPa

That sucks but you are OK which matters the most. That **** happened to me awhile back. There should be a law about them rethread tires. You see them all over the roads. PPL have been killed by them.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:10 PM

ohh and someone once commented on something about sihtty blind spots or something along those lines in our cars.

http://www.tranquilityhomecomfort.ca...pics/Interior/

I dont have any blind spots, care to elaborate?

Kamski
Am I missing something here?

Are you still going to ship the bumper to me, or is this your, in a way, lucky day and you are going to have insurance pay for that shiet!?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
not with that mirror you're not!
Old 07-07-2007, 01:26 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!

Are you still going to ship the bumper to me, or is this your, in a way, lucky day and you are going to have insurance pay for that shiet!?
Yeah I saw a thread here a few days back, something about blind spots..... dunno. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

The car will prolly take 7-10 business days to get fixed. Funny enough, I have a brand new AT grille and stillen front lip sitting in my garage, just havent had a chance to install them. (LUCKILY ENOUGH) So I guess I'll be doing that as soon as the front end is fixed.

Yeah those re-tread tires arent exactly a super safe thing to have. Odly enough if i was driving a pickup truck I prolly wouldnt have had any damage to the vehicle. But oh well, siht happens in life.

I only regret not catching the plate of the truck that lost his tread as he would be 100% at fault and not me. Now insurance will take a chunk out of my **** for this little misshap.

Kamski
Old 07-07-2007, 01:28 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Ritz
not with that mirror you're not!
yeah its a big mirror, as a matter of fact, everyone in my immediate family has one on their rides, including my GF. It started with my unlce back home having one on his little Fiat. My mom loved it and got one her self, then I got one and I ended up buying them for everyone for christmas. Its like an extra safety feature, its just good to have sometime.

Kamski
Old 07-07-2007, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by ramberg
That sucks but you are OK which matters the most. That **** happened to me awhile back. There should be a law about them rethread tires. You see them all over the roads. PPL have been killed by them.
Ramberg, you know I love you man...BUT.....

When we tractor drivers blow tires, it isn't just the retreaded ones. We've blown two steer tires. It is illegal to retread steer tires. So those were practically brand new when they went. One was defective the other was pilot error.....Nonetheless, I agree that they are extremely dangerous when they go.

The reason some drivers/companies love to use them is because one tire on a trailer can run us about $400 before install. Retreads are about $250. With 18 wheels on a tractor trailer combo, I'm sure you can imagine the costs.
For the record, Eric and I NEVER used retreads in our 10 years of running the interstates.

Kamil;
Here in the states, there is an agency responsible for damage done by these retreads/road debris. Not sure if it's the same in your area.
When you have sustained damage to your vehicle, you contact the state DOT (department of transportation), and send them all of your info including pictures, mile marker that it happened at and a repair bill/estimate. They send you the check. You might want to look into that. Let me know if you need help. I have paid several taxes to our DOT under the pretenses that it was 'to cover damage to vehicles sustained, because of our tires'. I'd hate to see that money pocketed instead of given to people who have suffered under those exact conditions.....

Swee
Old 07-07-2007, 11:14 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Ramberg, you know I love you man...BUT.....

When we tractor drivers blow tires, it isn't just the retreaded ones. We've blown two steer tires. It is illegal to retread steer tires. So those were practically brand new when they went. One was defective the other was pilot error.....Nonetheless, I agree that they are extremely dangerous when they go.

The reason some drivers/companies love to use them is because one tire on a trailer can run us about $400 before install. Retreads are about $250. With 18 wheels on a tractor trailer combo, I'm sure you can imagine the costs.
For the record, Eric and I NEVER used retreads in our 10 years of running the interstates.

Kamil;
Here in the states, there is an agency responsible for damage done by these retreads/road debris. Not sure if it's the same in your area.
When you have sustained damage to your vehicle, you contact the state DOT (department of transportation), and send them all of your info including pictures, mile marker that it happened at and a repair bill/estimate. They send you the check. You might want to look into that. Let me know if you need help. I have paid several taxes to our DOT under the pretenses that it was 'to cover damage to vehicles sustained, because of our tires'. I'd hate to see that money pocketed instead of given to people who have suffered under those exact conditions.....

Swee

Yeah nothing like that here, I wish there was, so I wouldnt have to go through my insurance. But such is life.

Kamski
Old 07-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

That sucks but glad you're OK...
Old 07-07-2007, 01:46 PM

that's crazy, i just saw something on mythbusters the other day where they shot a piece of tire rubber from the wheel of a truck at 40 mph and it decaptitated "buster" through his side window , that shiz is dangerous!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 PM

yeah its a big mirror, as a matter of fact, everyone in my immediate family has one on their rides, including my GF. It started with my unlce back home having one on his little Fiat. My mom loved it and got one her self, then I got one and I ended up buying them for everyone for christmas. Its like an extra safety feature, its just good to have sometime.

Kamski
holly ****! I didn't exactly notice that HUGE mirror!
Old 07-07-2007, 08:57 PM

Kamski
I remember a while back, my friend's dad had a ex-police mustang 5.0... not sure if that's significant in the situation, but that's what I remember anyway... he had a mirror the full length of the windshield.. it was pretty neat, actually..
Old 07-08-2007, 03:27 AM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=4MySwee]Ramberg, you know I love you man

Same here. I have nothing bad to say about drivers, Just the retreads that are. When I spoke to my insurance company they told me I could not to anything with Ga. Now I know better, I just hope it doesn't happen again.

I will be driving south to Florida starting next Thursday. Did you sell the rig?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:00 AM

Three potential buyers, qualifying for financing with our bank tomorrow. 2 men are wealthy enough to buy it outright, will they is another question. Thank you for asking, I appreciate your thoughfulness.

I don't blame you, I hate retreads also. I have had some damage done to a car in '92' because of retread.

Please, make a note, states ARE responsible for it, only because they collect money from us truckers, that they claim, are for those very reasons. If anyone needs to reference this, ask the IRS about form 2290.
Swee
Old 07-08-2007, 10:23 AM
BFB

Dang man..sorry about the car. That sucks.

In a side note, count your lucky stars. What happened is minimal to what "could have" happened. One wrong bounce and that tire could have been riding with you! Now that would suck.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:31 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by BFB
Dang man..sorry about the car. That sucks.

In a side note, count your lucky stars. What happened is minimal to what "could have" happened. One wrong bounce and that tire could have been riding with you! Now that would suck.
Yeah man, I very glad its only some plastic work and not hospital work. My friend was in the car with me and I saw his face go "O SIHT!!!!!" that was pretty priceless. Oh well, cars can get fixed, people cant.

Kamski
Old 07-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your car... Remember it could have been worse. After seeing your car I feel kinda bad about complaining about a rock a trailer kicked that chipped the windshield of my Deville a few years ago...
Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM

Ouch on the car, I agree, good thing it wasnt you.

I actually hit a tire off a truck, but it was laying flat on the ground and it just simply folded up and went under my car, but I do have a metal lower valence, put a dent in it tho.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:58 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

glad to see that you're ok Kamil, now keep them mods comin' and inspiring.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:41 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
glad to see that you're ok Kamil, now keep them mods comin' and inspiring.
Oh yeah more mods coming, go figure only a few days to test the StutBrace.

CAN ANYONE tell me where to get a replacement fujita filter element as the one i got is all mangled from the accident. And the people fixing it have no fukcin clue where to buy one.

Kamski
Old 07-12-2007, 03:58 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

whynot just get a diff filter other than fujita.. its 3'' right??? im sure u can find em for CHEAP on ebay
Old 07-12-2007, 04:00 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

found a few.... all diff sizes...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ter&category0=
Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 AM

Kamil,

Contact Ridetuner at 6thgenmaxima.org, he'll get you one!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:42 AM
F---ing Kangaroos

I got a Toyota Camry Hybrid as a rental, and i must say im very impressed. For a luckluster piece of siht with a sihte interior and weird exterior
a 6th gen owner complaining about another cars interior

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black
Old 07-12-2007, 06:52 AM

Why is it taking so long to get it back?

My shop would have it back to me in 2 days...

Quick Reply: When Truck tires attack!!!