6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Conversion from Regular LED to Navigation with 6 Disc Bose??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:47 PM

Conversion from Regular LED to Navigation with 6 Disc Bose??

Hey guys. Now before I go on, I dont know if this has been posted already but I need to know.

I have a 2004 Max SE. It came with the original orange on black monochrome display. I DONT WANT THAT **** ANYMORE!! Instead of going out buying a whole new navigation system with a 6-cd bose system, I wanted to know about getting the Nissan DVD-based Navigation system (like the ones sold on Ebay) with a Colored Information Screen and the 6-disc Bose Changer (like the ones on Ebay).

Would this kind of work if I just swapped everything out? I dont wanna go to another brand I just want everything on the inside to look factory. Please help me, because no one seems to know what they are talkin about

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:07 PM
*moderator*

People have looked into this and the dealer has quoted people $8000 to install this, it's not worth it especially since aftermarket NAVI is better than Nissan OEM anyways. Plus you have to add all the sensors and stuff and even replace the windshield....just see GEC and get the LED upgrade:
http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/welcome.html
(scroll down)

Old 07-25-2007, 08:37 PM

OKAY I READ UP ON THAT.. BUT I DONT THINK I SAID THE RIGHT THINK. I DONT WANT THE LED UPGRADE I JUST WANTED TO CHANGE MY SCREEN FROM THE NON NAVI TO THE NAVI AND HAVE THE BOSE 6 DISC CHANGER INSTEAD OF MY SINGLE SLOT. THE LIGHTS ARE REALLY COOL AND I WOULD CONSIDER THAT LATER BUT I JUST WANTED TO CHANGE THE SCREENS AND AUDIO. SO WOULD THAT SILL BE 8G'S? AND WHY WOULD I HAVE TO ADD SENSORS AND CHANGE THE WINDSHIELD?

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
People have looked into this and the dealer has quoted people $8000 to install this, it's not worth it especially since aftermarket NAVI is better than Nissan OEM anyways. Plus you have to add all the sensors and stuff and even replace the windshield....just see GEC and get the LED upgrade:
http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/welcome.html
(scroll down)

Old 07-25-2007, 09:53 PM

don't have to replace the windshield to add a gps sensor. Just buy yourself a good gps antenna and hook that up to the navi Control unit. I've been looking over the schematics of the navi system in the manual. In difficulty i'll say this is the same as installing a remote starter if not a little bit higher. Once i get some spare cash i'll attempt to do this.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:25 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by Propa Teknique
OKAY I READ UP ON THAT.. BUT I DONT THINK I SAID THE RIGHT THINK. I DONT WANT THE LED UPGRADE I JUST WANTED TO CHANGE MY SCREEN FROM THE NON NAVI TO THE NAVI AND HAVE THE BOSE 6 DISC CHANGER INSTEAD OF MY SINGLE SLOT. THE LIGHTS ARE REALLY COOL AND I WOULD CONSIDER THAT LATER BUT I JUST WANTED TO CHANGE THE SCREENS AND AUDIO. SO WOULD THAT SILL BE 8G'S? AND WHY WOULD I HAVE TO ADD SENSORS AND CHANGE THE WINDSHIELD?

Its sooooo expensive like posted above... maybe not 8'g's... prog 5g's or up...

Just get an aftermarket LIKE STATED ABOVE ... and save 4000
Old 07-26-2007, 04:12 AM
gec

Just as an FYI for those of you looking to do a conversion. I have 2 Navi units for sale cheap down in the 6th gen classified section.

Lemme just add another thought here also, I have an after market navi unit. My car came with OEM navi and I was easily able to adapt the oem antenna to fit my eclipse navi so the opposite should be as true. I run the eclipse unit directly off the oem gps antenna and it works flawlessly.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:56 AM

Ok... But What about....

Ok I see what you are saying... so to do all this without paying out @$$ is impossible. What about if I was just to swap out the Single disc/cassette player and switch it to the 6-Disc Bose Changer system and worry about the navi later?

Like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
Old 07-26-2007, 07:21 PM
*moderator*

I was just going off fo what other members have said in the past, I've never looked into it because going aftermarket is a better choice anyways. As for adding the 6 disc, you'd have to do some research and see if it's all plug and play...