6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Racingline FRONT end links - INSTALLED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Racingline FRONT end links - INSTALLED!!!!

Taz sent me some prototype front end links. Extremely easy to install. I put car on jack stand, removed wheels, and then jacked up the hub until the strain was relieved off of the links. The links are held on by two bolts. Use WD40 first and then remove bolts. Install new links, install wheels. Thats it.

Driving impression: I felt like the front was more solid. The sway bar could be wiggled with OEM links. They CANNOT be wiggled with the end links.

I installed rear links afterwards. The turn-in is FABULOUS. By the way, my rear AGX shocks were set on 2!!!!! And the turn-in was still great. No lean in turns. It handles so well. These links were the final piece to be upgraded in my suspension.

Here are some pics:

These are like works of art.

Compared with feeble OEM link on the left

Link installed
Old 08-13-2007, 10:52 PM

Here are pics of rear links:

Old 08-13-2007, 11:17 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

wow dood... lucky u nice setup taz/dues
Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Taz sent me some prototype front end links. Extremely easy to install. I put car on jack stand, removed wheels, and then jacked up the hub until the strain was relieved off of the links. The links are held on by two bolts. Use WD40 first and then remove bolts. Install new links, install wheels. Thats it.

Driving impression: I felt like the front was more solid. The sway bar could be wiggled with OEM links. They CANNOT be wiggled with the end links.

I installed rear links afterwards. The turn-in is FABULOUS. By the way, my rear AGX shocks were set on 2!!!!! And the turn-in was still great. No lean in turns. It handles so well. These links were the final piece to be upgraded in my suspension.

Here are some pics:

These are like works of art.

Compared with feeble OEM link on the left

Link installed
Expand the front ones a bit more, so they are equal or greater in length to the OEM ones. Car will feel like its on rails.

Kamski
Old 08-14-2007, 10:17 AM

wtf, it's been more than "2-3" weeks for the rear end-links and same with the front end-links!

When will these ACTUALLY be available?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
wtf, it's been more than "2-3" weeks for the rear end-links and same with the front end-links!

When will these ACTUALLY be available?
I'm willing to do a group for the fronts buy prjctmax! Taz do you think energy suspension bushings could be added on the top and bottom of the front endlinlinks and what kind of price are we talking ? Its just my preference.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:00 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Nice, now I want end links too !
Old 08-14-2007, 08:11 PM

Cool! I'll be buying a set of front endlinks when they're available.

Those must be the "new" version of rear endlinks - I wonder if they're much improved over the last ones? Maybe "rust resistant" with upgraded bushings? It looks like they didn't come with the second set of nuts like the previous set. Anyway, if the new set is better, I'll probably pick up those too.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:39 PM

when are these going to be available and how much for all 4?????!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Those endlinks look sweet. I will definitely buy them when they are available... Still waiting for my rear endlinks....
Old 08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Where is my shirt?

Here are pics of rear links:

Hey Deus...

What exactly do these do for the Max? I hear so much about this but have no clue what these things do? How much and where can I cop these?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:59 PM

These are ball bearing end-links which make the sway bar react faster instead of the OEM end-links which are just "bushing" bearings.

Main idea...these react at like lets say 5 degrees and OEM react at like 10 degrees, numbers aren't exact, but you get the point.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Anyone else order these?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:48 AM
GrandPa

Very nice. I will have mine on Wed.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:59 AM
*moderator*

Sweet Deus!!
Old 10-21-2007, 04:37 AM

I'm waiting for my front and rear set to arrive as well. Thanks again for the great "stock vs. racingline" pics Deus!! And thanks for the great tip Kam. I can't wait to get these babies on. Combined with my Cattman RSB coming in soon and the FSTB already on I'll be able to join you other guys with the monster handling max!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:41 AM
.org extraordinaire

TO ALL YOU ALL who are installing thease, they have to be set at OEM end-link length or greater to get proper response.

Deus you have yours set too short.

Kamski
Old 10-22-2007, 03:58 AM
TAZ

Your forgetting Dues has the SE-R front sway.......his is already more responsive then your without pre-load. Plus the fact that they will react faster does not mean you have too preload them, only that you get even more response.

My advise to all is to install as recieved, then adjust as necc. the more you preload the more you'll tune out oversteer and the more twitchy the car will become.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:06 AM

I'm still waiting for the V2 rear end links! I thought I was one of the first to order them and I paid extra to get them as soon as possible and it has been over a week today and still no end links. I hope this is not going to be a long delay. I have emailed Racingline twice now looking for an update but have received no reply.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by lmuscella
I'm still waiting for the V2 rear end links! I thought I was one of the first to order them and I paid extra to get them as soon as possible and it has been over a week today and still no end links. I hope this is not going to be a long delay. I have emailed Racingline twice now looking for an update but have received no reply.
Its not a problem. He's shipping from Canada. Packages have to go through customs so the process is elongated.

Joshua
Old 10-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

My fronts are inbound also, this should really be a great augment for my new D2 coilovers. On the rears endlinks, I modded the bushings...

Taz make awesome stuff, proud to have it on my ride...

Last edited by chernmax; 10-22-2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by GrimMax
Hey Deus...

What exactly do these do for the Max? I hear so much about this but have no clue what these things do? How much and where can I cop these?
Love your SH-60 sig picture!!! Looks a hell of a lot better in pictures then when they use to land on the flight deck over my state room!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 AM

Do I have to change the length of the new v2 rear endlinks I purchased? I wasn't aware I had to do that before...

Joshua
Old 10-22-2007, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by philoforlife
Do I have to change the length of the new v2 rear endlinks I purchased? I wasn't aware I had to do that before...

Joshua
No the rears should be installed as received...
Old 10-22-2007, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Got ya!

Thanks man. Can't wait to see that car completed!!!!!!!!

Joshua
Old 10-22-2007, 07:33 AM

Even if the car is lowered/has a RSB?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:11 AM

It really comes down to YOUR very own preferences.

Right now as we speak the length of your front endlinks is a certain distance. Start by matching the length.

Remember, you can make adjustments on the front endlinks while it's on the car. So fiddle around a bit to your liking. There is no "one" length that will be optimized for everyone. Some like it more twitchy with a bit of understeer-some like it less twitchy with more oversteer.

You are the final judge of what length it should ultimately be.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:22 AM

Yes, look at my pic, how much more can you adjust them?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:13 AM

My fronts are inbound also, this should really be a great augment for my new D2 coilovers. On the rears endlinks, I modded the bushings...

Taz make awesome stuff, proud to have it on my ride...
I installed the same bushings on my car. Great bushings.

Like you Chris, I am waiting for the front endlinks as well. I'm also excited about what I hope to be the rapid arrival of the "Taz" front strut bar.

People ask me when I finally get to the NY area will my first priority be to see the Statue of Liberty and other famous monuments. And I say no, it will actually be to see a certain RED highly modified car in person. I would love to see your car in person Chris. keep having fun and I look forward to seeing your car in some magazines (you know it's gonna happen).
Old 10-22-2007, 09:24 AM

Yes, look at my pic, how much more can you adjust them?
I was thinking along the lines of extending them.

Originally Posted by coolmax05
It really comes down to YOUR very own preferences.

Right now as we speak the length of your front endlinks is a certain distance. Start by matching the length.

Remember, you can make adjustments on the front endlinks while it's on the car. So fiddle around a bit to your liking. There is no "one" length that will be optimized for everyone. Some like it more twitchy with a bit of understeer-some like it less twitchy with more oversteer.

You are the final judge of what length it should ultimately be.
What exactly do you mean when you say "twitchy?"
Old 10-22-2007, 09:55 AM

I was thinking along the lines of extending them.

What exactly do you mean when you say "twitchy?"
As your car responds faster and faster to steering input (turning your steering wheel) it can get to be so fast that your car becomes twitchy. This is especially a sensitive issue at freeway speeds. This is why better cars have a variable steering ratio so at slow speeds steering ratio is faster than at higher speeds. The front endlinks can be adjusted to quicken your turning response.

Basically, twitchy, means a little bit of the turning of the steering wheel sends your car way right or way left. At freeway speeds this can be dangerous if the driver can't handle it or the car itself. You're reaching down for the cell phone and a slight turn sends you to the shoulder of the road or worse.

Somewhere depending on the skill of the driver and his preferences there is a happy medium.

Sports cars tend to be tuned to have a faster steering response while luxury cars tend to be toned down in terms of steering response. Also your cars ability to deal with it is another factor.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:02 AM

As your car responds faster and faster to steering input (turning your steering wheel) it can get to be so fast that your car becomes twitchy. This is especially a sensitive issue at freeway speeds. This is why better cars have a variable steering ratio so at slow speeds steering ratio is faster than at higher speeds. The front endlinks can be adjusted to quicken your turning response.

Basically, twitchy, means a little bit of the turning of the steering wheel sends your car way right or way left. At freeway speeds this can be dangerous if the driver can't handle it or the car itself. You're reaching down for the cell phone and a slight turn sends you to the shoulder of the road or worse.

Somewhere depending on the skill of the driver and his preferences there is a happy medium.

Sports cars tend to be tuned to have a faster steering response while luxury cars tend to be toned down in terms of steering response. Also your cars ability to deal with it is another factor.
aha, gotcha. I like the twitchyness version! I'm not one to be fooling around with stuff in the car while cruising either, so that shouldn't be a problem.

So once again, to make it more on the "twitchy side," do they have to be extended or compressed?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 AM

Twitchiness sounds more like oversteer to me, rather than understeer.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:15 AM

aha, gotcha. I like the twitchyness version! I'm not one to be fooling around with stuff in the car while cruising either, so that shouldn't be a problem.

So once again, to make it more on the "twitchy side," do they have to be extended or compressed?
EXTENDED!

I like your style. The "sport" in us (you & me) wants faster steering response.
You get better road feel and more fun. On those low speed turns I like to just turn the steering wheel a little to make a 90 degree turn.

Fortunetly our cars have variable steering ratios and are speed dependent.

And I quote from Edmuns "The Maxima comes with variable rack-and-pinion power-assisted steering."
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 AM

EXTENDED!

I like your style. The "sport" in us (you & me) wants faster steering response.
You get better road feel and more fun. On those low speed turns I like to just turn the steering wheel a little to make a 90 degree turn.

Fortunetly our cars have variable steering ratios and are speed dependent.

And I quote from Edmuns "The Maxima comes with variable rack-and-pinion power-assisted steering."
I like my "sportiness" response and it's funner making quick dashes...not stupidly, but you know what I mean.

So would you recommend that I extend my rear end-links then, or just the front?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:32 AM

Twitchiness sounds more like oversteer to me, rather than understeer.
What I meant Dues is that as you extend the front endlinks the car will have a tendency to understeer. At the same time you will quicken your steering response and the car will become more twitchy based on that fact.

The stiffer the front sway bar, the more understeer.
The stiffer the rear sway bar, the more oversteer.

Extending the front endlinks will stiffen the front sway bar (IMO).
Old 10-22-2007, 10:37 AM

I like my "sportiness" response and it's funner making quick dashes...not stupidly, but you know what I mean.

So would you recommend that I extend my rear end-links then, or just the front?
By lengthening either endlink your car will become more responsive. The ratio between the two will effect oversteering and understeering. It comes to preferences.

The lengthening of your endlinks on either end will adversely effect ride quality (another thing to keep in mind). There is no free ride. Everything has a plus and minus side to it.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 AM

I installed the same bushings on my car. Great bushings.

Like you Chris, I am waiting for the front endlinks as well. I'm also excited about what I hope to be the rapid arrival of the "Taz" front strut bar.

People ask me when I finally get to the NY area will my first priority be to see the Statue of Liberty and other famous monuments. And I say no, it will actually be to see a certain RED highly modified car in person. I would love to see your car in person Chris. keep having fun and I look forward to seeing your car in some magazines (you know it's gonna happen).
LOL, bro I live in Southern Maryland now... Google zip 20653
Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 AM

LOL, bro I live in Southern Maryland now... Google zip 20653
Oh c'mon Chris. What's a few hundred miles amongst friends. Ok maybe 400-500.

The point is I'll try not to lower the property values while I'm visiting despite my ignorance of Geography (I'm seeing RED already).
Old 10-22-2007, 04:53 PM
TAZ

FYI- All racingline endlinks are made slightly shorter than stock to remove some preload that occurs from when you lower the car. This helps put the car back to a balanced state. When I say "twitchy" I mean sudden transitions from understeer to oversteer. The twitchier the cars balance the better the overall handling, however the closer you are to the edge of control, it'll be white knuckle driving, driving though the crappy uneven roads in many areas.

Don't worry, even in the standard supplied length, they will respond faster and better than stock. The adjustability is for those that want to explore the maximum potential of their car and to compensate for the various suspension set ups out there.

Quick Reply: Racingline FRONT end links - INSTALLED!!!!