6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How much?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:29 PM

How much?

...for a strut replacement? It seems to me like my front driver side is making the dreaded "clunking" sound. Im not sure if the front passenger side is also making this sound. Anyways Im planning on bringing it to the dealership tomorrow and have it inspected and replaced if needed. Do you guys know how much this would cost, parts and labor? And do I need to have both sides replaced even if only one is damaged? Thanks guys!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:15 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

i have that same problem but im waiting to get some used GR2's from a member on here... good luck and post what they say
Old 08-18-2007, 01:57 PM

just got my car back from a tire place here in the city, and the mechanic siad he couldn't find anything "loose" under the car, although he could hear it "pop" while driving. I guess I would really have to bring my car to the dealership Monday. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by joemax1
just got my car back from a tire place here in the city, and the mechanic siad he couldn't find anything "loose" under the car, although he could hear it "pop" while driving. I guess I would really have to bring my car to the dealership Monday. Any thoughts? Thanks!
If its a click and not pop sound you are hearing it could be your axle. To check, put it in drive, hold the break and slowly press on gas. If it goes click, click, click, its your axle. Many had it replaced here under warranty.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:55 PM

Thanks! Im bringing it to the dealership tom AM and have them diagnose the problem and hopefully fix it. It's ironic cause I just paid it off 2 wks ago and now it's having this problem...