6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

need opinions on YOUR aftermarket suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:23 PM

need opinions on YOUR aftermarket suspension

Ok so in a few weeks..im planning to purchase progress springs..kyb gr2s all around and probably a rsb. Anyone have any of this installed on their car and can give me an opinion as to how much handling improved and in what aspects? (cornering, high speed stability, steering response, etc) im really not concerned about it being harsh or anything. just wanna know what you guys think..thanks
Old 09-30-2007, 03:28 PM
dot dot dot ...

Handling will improve greatly. Steering will be more responsive re: RSB. Car will look much better too.

You'll like it.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:31 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

funny that u ask friend...

i just washed my hands from installing my kyb gr2's for front and back five mins agO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have them paired w/ my H&r springs...

EVERYTHING IMPROVED GREAAAAAAAAAAAATLY!!!!

I have only tried corning and steering response, but WOW both are soooooooooooo much better!!!!

I installed it all myself in 3hours and 15 mins! I was goign to have it installed by my friends shop, but they woudlnt be able to do it till this wednesday , so i said F it... im gonna try... well i did it and its soooooooo much better all around... saved myself 175 ... going to put it towards a kintix *spelling?* intake manifold and pair that with the Nissan Works Mani kit...

anyway...

I love my gr2's w/ my h&r's ... thanks coolmax05 again for all the great parts !
Old 09-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

RSB makes very significant difference in handling.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
funny that u ask friend...

i just washed my hands from installing my kyb gr2's for front and back five mins agO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have them paired w/ my H&r springs...

EVERYTHING IMPROVED GREAAAAAAAAAAAATLY!!!!

I have only tried corning and steering response, but WOW both are soooooooooooo much better!!!!

I installed it all myself in 3hours and 15 mins! I was goign to have it installed by my friends shop, but they woudlnt be able to do it till this wednesday , so i said F it... im gonna try... well i did it and its soooooooo much better all around... saved myself 175 ... going to put it towards a kintix *spelling?* intake manifold and pair that with the Nissan Works Mani kit...

anyway...

I love my gr2's w/ my h&r's ... thanks coolmax05 again for all the great parts !
You're welcome Bro (you paid for it).

I'm REALLY impressed by the fact you put it in yourself. A BIG congrats!!!

Next ya got a rear sway bar. Again, I can't tell you how much i think it's cool that you did it yourself. Huge pride. You tha man!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
RSB makes very significant difference in handling.
which do u have dues and from where... link?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:47 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by coolmax05
You're welcome Bro (you paid for it).

I'm REALLY impressed by the fact you put it in yourself. A BIG congrats!!!

Next ya got a rear sway bar. Again, I can't tell you how much i think it's cool that you did it yourself. Huge pride. You tha man!!!!!!!!!!
I had a great teacher the first time around.... so i better be able to do it myself now haha... and in good time too!!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:50 PM

how hard was it to install? i was gonna do it myself too and have one of my friends help me. Any trouble spots during install?

so rsb tightens up the rear...as far as cornering or steering response? or both i mean will it induce oversteer a little to counteract the stock understeer to maybe make the car feel almost neutral?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:54 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by Y2k2maxse
how hard was it to install? i was gonna do it myself too and have one of my friends help me. Any trouble spots during install?

so rsb tightens up the rear...as far as cornering or steering response? or both i mean will it induce oversteer a little to counteract the stock understeer to maybe make the car feel almost neutral?
I mean i am not goign to lie...its not EASY... but if u take your time.. and use common sense... anything can be done..

will u get it done in teh same amount of time as me ... NO ... this is my 2nd attempt...

prob will take you around 4 hours.. maybe a little less maybe a little more...

just try it man cant hurt... if u think u can do it.... YOU CAN DO IT