6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Anyone have a good link to the satellite install?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:18 AM
BFB

Anyone have a good link to the satellite install?

The link to the sat radio installation is no longer a good one. Does anyone have a good link to the instructions I thought it was on a Nissan pdf or something like that.

If not, the only part I'm really concerned about is getting the antenna wire in the weatherstrip around the rear window. It just doesn't deem like there's enough room in there.

Thanks,

BFB

edditt for speeling
Old 10-07-2007, 07:56 AM
MAXIN' ON

They did the wire around the front weatherstrip on my car, is it different in the rear?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:31 AM

Change "show" in showthread to "old" = oldthread in the address bar.
OR
I went step by step with my install with parts and instructions directly from nissan and it did not work. It tells you to wrap the extra wire from antenna in a 3-4" coil and tie-wrap out of the way, well that caused me to get the "acqirng sinal" message. To solve that I just ran the extra cable around the inside of the trunk in a big loop, problem solved.
I also did NOT run the cable inside the car but placed the antenna inside the car on the back deck directly beside the brake light. Alright everything working and listening to Stern.
BUT,
With my windows being tinted the reception was not the best. I would have reception without any problems as you would expect typically although on my other car I place the antenna in the front window by the pillar and front window das area and the reception is great. If I go to a parking garage I will lose signal with the Maxima but in the same garage my other car still has reception.
Not sure if this helped but atleast no penetration points from outside to inside.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:46 PM
BFB

What I installed was a Sirius Stilletto. Not the factory system.

Well, I did it and it wasn't that bad. I placed the antenna dead center in the roof and ran the wire under the molding to the right side. I lubed the antenna wire up with dish soap and pushed it through the molding between the rear window and the roof. When I got to the corner I ran it down the right side of the rear window by pushing it under the molding, again with plenty of lube. If I had to do it again, I would do the side part different. After review I found that there was a small groove in the molding that the wire fit in perfect. Next time I would do that.

I went into the trunk by lifting the trunk molding and cutting a small notch in the steel to fit the wire. I wrapped the wire with electrical tape to protect it and put a dab of clear silicone for insurance and put the molding back in place. I then ran the wire over the trunk liner towards the right rear seat.

I flipped the seat down and brought the wire into the cabin. I tucked it in the right side and down towards the floor. I then ran it under the plastic trim piece that meets up with the carpet. All I had to do was lift it up a bit to get the wire under it. I did that all the way up to the glove box. There was a seem in the plastic that let me get it to the rear of the glove box. I ran it aroung the back side of the glove box to the right side of the console just above the 12volt power supply access door.Tthere I mounted my Sirius tuner.

The whole deal took about 2- hours from start to satellite acquisition.

BTW, the Stilletto is a pretty sweet unit.