6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Chernmax "Red Heat" phase 1 upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by chernmax
No actually it will be part of the install, I also like the fact they have an additional port supplied which can be used for boost gauges, etc.
I imagine that the additional port was added by design for boost gauges. I think its a great move to add the Kinetix.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:36 PM
i SeE what you did therE

No actually it will be part of the install, I also like the fact they have an additional port supplied which can be used for boost gauges, etc.
man.. adding that with boost will give you some excellent numbers...
Old 10-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by redmaxpa007
man.. adding that with boost will give you some excellent numbers...
Yeah, I just need it all to come together nicely...
Old 10-14-2007, 01:07 PM

God I can't wait to see those coilovers installed and here your feedback. Your car is going to look even more sick and handle like a beast on wheels. Those things are downright pretty. I guess you're beefing up for all this newly found power. From the pictures I could not see where the front sway bar connects to the coilover. Custom job? I have always wanted to se your car leveled.

Something tells me you wish you had gone with a lower profile tire.

Before you/your car stars in a myriad of magazines we can all say "yes he e-mailed me once".

I feel third world in terms of Mods compared to you Mr. Cutting Edge. Keep up the great work. Because of folks like you this site is hella fun. My car vicariously lives through your car! I keep telling my car, "well maybe we can get you a shiny strut bar if they are on sell next week".
Old 10-14-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by coolmax05
God I can't wait to see those coilovers installed and here your feedback. Your car is going to look even more sick and handle like a beast on wheels. Those things are downright pretty. I guess you're beefing up for all this newly found power. From the pictures I could not see where the front sway bar connects to the coilover. Custom job? I have always wanted to se your car leveled.

Something tells me you wish you had gone with a lower profile tire.

Before you/your car stars in a myriad of magazines we can all say "yes he e-mailed me once".

I feel third world in terms of Mods compared to you Mr. Cutting Edge. Keep up the great work. Because of folks like you this site is hella fun. My car vicariously lives through your car! I keep telling my car, "well maybe we can get you a shiny strut bar if they are on sell next week".
Thanks for the props bro, as for a lower profile tire, No, I think I have exactly the correct tire for a coilover suspension and for the track. Bigger rims or low profile tires will not support the performance characteristics I'm going for...
Old 10-14-2007, 01:35 PM

If he ever decided to slap ***** on his engine, he may have more respect for quality brakes!!! I'd easily spend $1300 for a great brake setup than useless interior electronics when the overall goal of every driver should be to DRIVE, not watch TV or play playstation II. My goals just tend to be different than most...
What about PS3 or XBOX w/Halo3?

I personally am looking to get a Latex/Cialas dispencer installed in my back seat. Ya want to talk about drivin'...
Old 10-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Droppin logs

Always raising the bar Chris! Looks like a nice selection, I can't wait to see installed pics.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by coolmax05
What about PS3 or XBOX w/Halo3?

I personally am looking to get a Latex/Cialas dispencer installed in my back seat. Ya want to talk about drivin'...
LOL, how about rear seat Hair driers also...
Old 10-14-2007, 02:45 PM

hey chris from what i've heard from this guy i know that works at TRT, he recently just re-built a R33 skyline thats legal in NYC, D2s are bascially chinese made and are not as high quality as teins or k-sports, he has had a lot of issues coming back regarding the coils failing, buh he also adds that he normally gets orders for D2s on hondas and other vechicles, he doesn't really recall anyone getting em for nissans...give us a reveiw about those coilovers.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
hey chris from what i've heard from this guy i know that works at TRT, he recently just re-built a R33 skyline thats legal in NYC, D2s are bascially chinese made and are not as high quality as teins or k-sports, he has had a lot of issues coming back regarding the coils failing, buh he also adds that he normally gets orders for D2s on hondas and other vechicles, he doesn't really recall anyone getting em for nissans...give us a reveiw about those coilovers.
Your facts are not all that correct:

D2 Racing has teams located around the world in Thailand, Taiwan, China, Macao, Singapore, Australia, England, Canada and USA using their coilovers and racing suspension.

The coilovers I just received are superior quality and I have seen everyones products. What some people must consider and I understand having lived all over the world for 24+ years (12 years in Japan): US PRODUCTS ARE NOT ALWAYS THE BEST!!! Last, anyone running coilovers in NYC regardless of brand will have issues, thats just a fact. Don't believe everything you hear, even from someone who just helped build a car...

Show me a failure comparison link. Save the I heard this from joesh!t for someone else...

Last edited by chernmax; 10-14-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:59 PM
KC's FINEST

If he ever decided to slap ***** on his engine, he may have more respect for quality brakes!!! I'd easily spend $1300 for a great brake setup than useless interior electronics when the overall goal of every driver should be to DRIVE, not watch TV or play playstation II. My goals just tend to be different than most...

That quote was from the Eibach site about the spacer kit... Surely no one has anything negative to say about the brake setup.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Your facts are not all that correct:

D2 Racing has teams located around the world in Thailand, Taiwan, China, Macao, Singapore, Australia, England, Canada and USA using their coilovers and racing suspension.

The coilovers I just received are superior quality and I have seen everyones products. What some people must consider and I understand having lived all over the world for 24+ years (12 years in Japan): US PRODUCTS ARE NOT ALWAYS THE BEST!!! Last, anyone running coilovers in NYC regardless of brand will have issues, thats just a fact. Don't believe everything you hear, even from someone who just helped build a car...

Show me a failure comparison link. Save the I heard this from joesh!t for someone else...

Yeah, I was just going to say that.... Don't bring your beast to NY and you'll be fine.....well more then fine considering these upgrades. GREAT JOB!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Here is a quick pic to show you guys what size these rotors that Chern got are. Dude on the pic is my brother Dominik.

just though its funny
Old 10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
i SeE what you did therE

wowieeeeeeee!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:45 PM

Holy crap those bishes are HUGE!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 PM

Holy crap man..that guy doesnt look small either nice setup, i wish i had the money to do stuff like that. Looks great, always raising the bar!! cant wait to see a boosted 6th gen!!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
Here is a quick pic to show you guys what size these rotors that Chern got are. Dude on the pic is my brother Dominik.

just though its funny
LOL, excellent!!! Yeah bros 13.25"
Old 10-14-2007, 10:47 PM
wat

Ok well its monday, they on yet?

Just kidding

Can you post up if your brakes make the same noise irish describes in his thread? Im on the fencepost about buying those calipers right now.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=541329
Old 10-14-2007, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by chopstix2nrz
Ok well its monday, they on yet?

Just kidding

Can you post up if your brakes make the same noise irish describes in his thread? Im on the fencepost about buying those calipers right now.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=541329
Hittin up the shop early, not sure what went down with Josh setup but I bought the set that comes with the 13.25" rotors. Will definitely post if sounds occur, never heard anyone post noise problems with Wilwoods...

Wilwoods rock, very surprised about noise problems but knowing Josh (and his new hot garage), he'll figure it out!!!

Last edited by chernmax; 10-14-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
I have been told that the K-sports and the D2's are made in the same factory. Just thought I'd throw that out there. And I've had my K-sports on for almost 3 years with only one minor issue...

And Chern, can't wait to see pics!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 PM

That is some serious BLING!!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:56 PM
ShiftVQ35

Lucky you. cant wait to see all that installed.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM

just though its funny
you should throw a giant medallion of some sort on that rotor and wear it to a hiphop club in the city, guaranteed you would start a new trend
Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 PM

LOL, holy ring toss!!!

just though its funny
Old 10-15-2007, 03:45 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

good lord those are huge hahah cant wait for pics chernski
Old 10-15-2007, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
good lord those are huge hahah cant wait for pics chernski
chernski is not a Polski!

lol, just trying to clarify
Old 10-15-2007, 07:27 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Dan nie polski a polak. :-)
Old 10-15-2007, 07:37 PM

Actually my family is from Spain and Puerto Rico and I was born and raised on the Lower East Side of New York City, after 24 years in the US Navy (13 years enlisted as a Guided Missiles launcher technician/11 years as a Commissioned Officer), I retired and now live and work in Southern Maryland for a firm that does government work...

Last edited by chernmax; 10-15-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:12 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Actually my family is from Spain and Puerto Rico and I was born and raised on the Lower East Side of New York City, after 24 years in the US Navy (13 years enlisted as a Guided Missiles launcher technician/11 years as a Commissioned Officer), I retired and now live and work in Southern Maryland for a firm that does government work...
GO combat systems!!

use to be FC1(SW) Tomahawk tech...
Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 PM

GO combat systems!!

use to be FC1(SW) Tomahawk tech...
Excellent, my last enlisted tour (before I made LDO) was as a GMMC(SW) MK-41 Vertical Launching System tech, use to stand watches in CIC and help upload Tomahawk DBM info and the Tomahawk techs were part of my missile loading teams...

God Speed shipmate!!!

Last edited by chernmax; 10-15-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:20 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Excellent, my last enlisted tour was as a GMMC(SW) MK-41 VLS tech, use to stand watches in CIC and help upload Tomahawk DBM data...

God Speed shipmate!!!
funny thing is.. most people have no idea what u just said...
makes perfect sense to me!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 PM

funny thing is.. most people have no idea what u just said...
makes perfect sense to me!
LOL, thats why I spelled out VLS and made the info more detailed...
Old 10-15-2007, 10:44 PM

Excellent, my last enlisted tour (before I made LDO) was as a GMMC(SW) MK-41 Vertical Launching System tech, use to stand watches in CIC and help upload Tomahawk DBM info and the Tomahawk techs were part of my missile loading teams...

:
Old 10-16-2007, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima

:
Sorry, Navy talk...
Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 AM

Awww man, you guys were squids? Can I get some U.S. Army vet lovin' in here?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mack
Awww man, you guys were squids? Can I get some U.S. Army vet lovin' in here?
Yeah my whole family, 82nd and 101st Airborne (All 6 of my uncles and my father) my oldest uncle (Tony) died in an air assault in Korea, 1 cousin lost in Vietnam (Franky) awarded the Medal of Honor, posthumously (the Gymnasium at Fort Campbell Kentucky is named after him). I miss him, he taught me how to fish and hunt as a kid...

OK and 1 renegade uncle (also Vietnam) USMC Explosives Ordnance Disposal.

I also served several Joint Tours so I speak Army, I also graduated from the Joint Forces Command school at Fort McPherson, GA...

And yes I am one of the few Navy guys who also wears 2 Army Achievement Medal for work I did over 4 years working with the US Army ADA Brigades at Fort Bliss, TX...

Freedom is not FREE!!!

Last edited by chernmax; 10-16-2007 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:51 AM

retired sm1(sw) here have flags will travel
Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 AM

Wow, that's awesome Chern. Much respect for you and the family man. Seriously. (squid or not! )

8yr 82nd Airborne Desert Storm vet here. It's nice to have some fellow vet peeps in here.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mack
Wow, that's awesome Chern. Much respect for you and the family man. Seriously. (squid or not! )

8yr 82nd Airborne Desert Storm vet here. It's nice to have some fellow vet peeps in here.

Word bro, we tend to understand respect for each other better than most and can sort through bullsh!t much easier. We also understand that the easiest day, was yesterday!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by 07 Graymax
retired sm1(sw) here have flags will travel
Welcome skivvy waver... Stood many a bridge watches on the 5 combat ships I served on with some great SM's...

Quick Reply: Chernmax "Red Heat" phase 1 upgrade...