6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

omg... again

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Incognito

omg... again

Here we go again. Brakes are doing the same thing as before. ABS is engauging again for no reason under slow speed braking. Its also making a horrid noise (sounds like the abs motor) and its knocking away. It took the stealership a week to "fix" the problem. It was fixed for 2 days. Im wondering if I have a leak in a brake line. They fixed it by flushing out a trapped air pocket. So I can only assume air is somehow getting in the lines... 1 1/2 days of driving bliss and BAM all of a sudden its doing it again. Im getting ready to trade her in for an Altima SER I think. I just feel like I might have purchased a lemon.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:50 PM
dot dot dot ...

If you had a leak in the brake line, you would probably end up 2nd best in a competition with a wall (i.e. the brakes would not wor, or be VERY weak) And your brake light would be lit indicating low brake fluid.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Incognito

Hmm, how else could air be getting into the lines so fast? Im lost as to how this is happening. They bled the brakes and fixed the problem for 1 1/2 days, now its doing it again. What else could create air pockets that fast?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:56 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Plain and simple, the stealership lied to you.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Incognito

Originally Posted by Stardust
Plain and simple, the stealership lied to you.
ya, but they somehow fixed it... and its broken again lol. This is why they need to hire Mechanics instead of Techs. They cant fix ****.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:00 PM
dot dot dot ...

ABS doesn't engage sporadically due to air in the system. Pull the ABS fuse and see if it will still occur. Do you have a lit ABS light?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Incognito

trust me its the ABS you can feel and hear it engaging. And no lights/codes. They replaced my entire front end of the car the first time it was in the shop. After they spent hours on the phone with Nissan somehow they got it fixed. They told me they had to bleed the brakes out a certin way and when they did a huge air pocket came out. It sounded like BS to me when I picked her up but I didnt care as it was fixed. Now its doing the same **** again. I have no clue whats making it happen.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:09 PM
dot dot dot ...

Bleed the brakes yourself and see if it goes away. If they are engaging, like you say they are, then something is setting one of your sensors off, albeit a physical/mechanical obstruction or a faulty sensor.

Never believe them, they will lie to you, as stated earlier in this thread.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Incognito

thanks for the heads up. Ive never bled a brake system before and I dont have the time to do it anyways, work and school both full time. With christmas around the corner ill be lucky if I have time to take a **** in peace lol. I did over hear nissan telling the tech who was working on my car to try and replace all the sensors even though no codes/lights came up. Oh well, tomorrow im dropping her off again. I just hope its fixed before christmas. I have a **** load of driving to do.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
ABS doesn't engage sporadically due to air in the system. Pull the ABS fuse and see if it will still occur. Do you have a lit ABS light?
This is a great idea. Try this. It'll eliminate the ABS.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:04 AM

The ABS also works off of the wheel speed sensors. You could have a problem there as well if its engaging intermittently.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Incognito

Dropped her off a few minutes ago. Service Adviser mentioned that one of the sensors had some "****" on it when they flushed the brakes last time. So im wondering if when they removed the "****" it fixed the malfunction temporarily. So I told him to replace the sensors and he said "Ok, call you later today with an update". So we shall see what happens.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:03 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by wagesgt903
The ABS also works off of the wheel speed sensors. You could have a problem there as well if its engaging intermittently.

Actually, that is the only way it works.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:03 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

This time when they tell you "huge air packet came out" tell them they should've kept it and show it to you. I wonder what a "huge air packet" looks like when it comes out.

LOL
Old 12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Incognito

well. Apparently there was some form of debre on one of the sensors that engage abs. So it was sending an incorrect signal which made the ABS engage. They said they cleand out the debre and its fixed. He also noted that last week when it was there that one of the sensors had some sort of "build up" on it and they cleaned it off. He wasnt sure if bleeding the brakes or cleaning the sensor off was causing it. Apparently now it was definitly the sensor. If not, ill be back in the shop tomorrow or next week lol.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by BigPete
well. Apparently there was some form of debre on one of the sensors that engage abs. So it was sending an incorrect signal which made the ABS engage. They said they cleand out the debre and its fixed. He also noted that last week when it was there that one of the sensors had some sort of "build up" on it and they cleaned it off. He wasnt sure if bleeding the brakes or cleaning the sensor off was causing it. Apparently now it was definitly the sensor. If not, ill be back in the shop tomorrow or next week lol.
I thought they REPLACED ALL sensors last time. Do you still have the invoice?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:11 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

so is it working for now?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:10 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by RHMax
I thought they REPLACED ALL sensors last time. Do you still have the invoice?

Apparently there was some form of debre on one of the sensors that engage abs. So it was sending an incorrect signal which made the ABS engage. They said they cleand out the debre and its fixed. He also noted that last week when it was there that one of the sensors had some sort of "build up" on it and they cleaned it off. He wasnt sure if bleeding the brakes or cleaning the sensor off was causing it. Apparently now it was definitly the sensor.
Originally Posted by Me
If they are engaging, like you say they are, then something is setting one of your sensors off, albeit a physical/mechanical obstruction or a faulty sensor.
Sounds like something I stated earlier, or at least along those lines.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dropped her off a few minutes ago. Service Adviser mentioned that one of the sensors had some "****" on it when they flushed the brakes last time. So im wondering if when they removed the "****" it fixed the malfunction temporarily. So I told him to replace the sensors and he said "Ok, call you later today with an update". So we shall see what happens.
U like saying "****" huh, lol
Old 12-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Incognito

Originally Posted by NmexMAX

Sounds like something I stated earlier, or at least along those lines.
ya you called it. I told them i spoke with someone via the internet who was a mechanic and had alot of knowlege of the car IE you.

thanks again

and they didnt replace any sensors last time, they replace my front axle, wheel bearing assembly, front strut, and some other stuff.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 PM

I wouldnt be suprised if it was debri/loose wheel sensor from the get go cause we had the same problem and knock on wood mine mysteriously has gone away... although I am keeping my fingers crossed. Mine started shortly after I had hit a bad pot hole and recently after all this snow and ice is melting it has gone away before I even had a chance to look into it. I did download nissan procedures for troubleshooting the brakes and abs issues, which you may want to look at as well. Next warm day I am changing my rear pads and I will look at all the sensors.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Incognito

ya if you could hook me up with the link to it ill check it out bro. and thanks.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:06 PM

post or pm me your email and I will send you the .pdf files