6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Pics of Airbag after crash?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:33 PM
name came from hairdryer

Pics of Airbag after crash?

Does anyone have a good pic of where the passenger airbag come out from?
Does it come out from near the widshield, or does it lift the whole vinyl dashboard up.
If you dont have a pick but know from the graph below, let me know.
Just tell me its from A,5 or e 2

Thanks
Old 01-17-2008, 03:42 PM

passenger side airbags pop out of the dash and bounce off the windsheild then towards the passenger, odd but also expensive
Old 01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
name came from hairdryer

Originally Posted by STARR
passenger side airbags pop out of the dash and bounce off the windsheild then towards the passenger, odd but also expensive
That's where I though, but on past cars, I could actually see a trap door there. Ya think the bag rips through a thin piece of the dash then?
Old 01-17-2008, 04:24 PM

prob around 2e
Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by MaXXXpower
That's where I though, but on past cars, I could actually see a trap door there. Ya think the bag rips through a thin piece of the dash then?
I have no idea where it comes out, my 4Runner had a similar dash and if the airbags went off on that thing I think a replacement dash was an easy $1500 just for the part, no including labor, maybe a nissan parts guy could tell you
Old 01-17-2008, 11:59 PM

you can sorta see a bulge on the dash if you look carefully (well at least on mine you can. you can sorta see the seam where it will split open when the airbag is deployed.)
Old 01-18-2008, 04:26 AM

passenger airbag

i would guess it rips thru the dash cover between 2 & 3, E & F, since there is a pronounced bulge and wavy area on my dash in that area...
Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM

Does it come out from near the widshield, or does it lift the whole vinyl dashboard up.

Thanks
I don't mind getting the answer to this, I'd actually like to know also.

But in all seriousness, why are you asking?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 PM

from E-F and 3 ...i know this because in my crash all of my airbags popped when the car got hit on front end and landed upside down. I dont have a picture that shows the passenger side clearly since the top is smashed but i have other pics that show side and steering wheels airbags out. Check my Cardomain second page.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:54 PM
.org extraordinaire

Thanks
From my experience anyone asking that question is usually about to go shoppig for some airbags at a local car dealer in the middle of the night..... why are you worried where your airbag comes out of? You shouldnt be placing anything in that area anyways.

Kamski
Old 01-19-2008, 06:13 AM
name came from hairdryer

I'm looking for a good place to mount my "pokey pointy stabby things collection"

Seriously, I was just a lil worried what would happen to the case I fabricated for my monitor.

I saw a passenger airbag come up on ebay and it came with the whole dash piece. I'm just making sure it doesn't pop the whole dash up and send pieces I've added flying.
I was also curious as to why no-one comes up with a vinyl overlay. Now I know why.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:42 PM

I'm looking for a good place to mount my "pokey pointy stabby things collection"

Seriously, I was just a lil worried what would happen to the case I fabricated for my monitor.

I saw a passenger airbag come up on ebay and it came with the whole dash piece. I'm just making sure it doesn't pop the whole dash up and send pieces I've added flying.
I was also curious as to why no-one comes up with a vinyl overlay. Now I know why.
Ah, that explains. So, you designed/created your own monitor? That looks nice man, do you have more pics of it? Maybe you should start selling those on the side... just an idea.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:21 PM

dude you got a nice *** set up there
Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by farzin1
dude you got a nice *** set up there
Looks very niiiiiiiice
Old 01-24-2008, 04:47 PM
MAXXED OUT Member!

The airbag deploys on line 2 from about the right edge of D to the right edge of F. It rips a seam straight across with about two inches of the dash lifted above and below the seam. It does not do anything else to the dash or windshield but you have to replace the entire dash if the airbag deploys, so that is why they had the dash listed with the airbag on ebay. Passenger bag retails for 1,077 and the dash for 641. I bought a wrecked '04 and it is heck to repair and cost is very expensive.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:51 PM
name came from hairdryer

Originally Posted by wildman04
The airbag deploys on line 2 from about the right edge of D to the right edge of F. It rips a seam straight across with about two inches of the dash lifted above and below the seam. It does not do anything else to the dash or windshield but you have to replace the entire dash if the airbag deploys, so that is why they had the dash listed with the airbag on ebay. Passenger bag retails for 1,077 and the dash for 641. I bought a wrecked '04 and it is heck to repair and cost is very expensive.
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.