6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Halo Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by larsim
Really? What does it look like in your vision? Can you share with us?
PS* I want the complete picture!!
I believe he said above that they were test halo's, and he gets his this week. Then you'll have your picture. As it stands, no one has installed the final fitments, thus no pictures exist.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:20 PM
name came from hairdryer

Here is my photoshoped vision of what I think they'll look like in the daytime.
I just chopped the one on the right.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by MaXXXpower
Did you order yet Grim?
Negative. I was waiting for the group order but never saw anything happening. What should I do now???
Old 02-14-2008, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by 2004SickLiqSilver
I'm interested in buying these for my car as well. However, I need to see pictures of the lights mounted on a Maxima and see how it looks, aesthetically, especially during the night time. This is a new modification for our vehicles and we have nothing to turn too as reference. Especially in my case, which I might be looking at the $350 option.
Sorry guys, I just got back from vacation, and as you all know the weather up here in the northeast has been a beast, so I have not been able to get to the install. I hope I will be able to get to it htis weekend, I know everybody is waiting for pics so I will do my best.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by hdandb
I'm in and want to send money but not sure how much and to who. Is the price 125 or 99? I thought there had to be "X" amount before ordered placed but I see some have tracking numbers. "Talk to me, tell me something, ****"
Go to the link that was posted in this thread to buy, when 10 orders are reached the halos will be shipped, if more than 20 are purchased then I belive the difference will be credited back to you. I will contact them tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by GrimMax
Negative. I was waiting for the group order but never saw anything happening. What should I do now???
....I saw another set of halo's here....

www.customlightz.com

I believe Deuse (sp?) has them on in his whip.

I'm inclined to get these probably seeing how I see how they look on his car and for the simple fact that a member has them on and has yet to give any negative input, or maybe I'm wrong since I'm new.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

www.customlightz.com

I'm inclined to get these probably seeing how I see how they look on his car and for the simple fact that a member has them on and has yet to give any negative input, or maybe I'm wrong since I'm new.
I dont have lights, but Im thinking about it. Id like brighter fogs for sure
Old 02-14-2008, 07:18 PM

www.customlightz.com

Those are LEDs and much less bright. Cool blue color though. CCFL are much more noticeable. Whatever floats your boat. Take some pics!

Joshua
Old 02-14-2008, 07:26 PM

Nevermind than. I would like the bright variety. I'm new to all this, so excuse my ignorance when it comes to mechanical issues.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:25 AM
name came from hairdryer

Bump
Old 02-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Nevermind than. I would like the bright variety. I'm new to all this, so excuse my ignorance when it comes to mechanical issues.
I *believe* mine might be at the post office. If not it's coming soon. I'll install and take good pictures outside so you can judge them.

Joshua
Old 02-17-2008, 08:45 AM
name came from hairdryer

Originally Posted by philoforlife
I *believe* mine might be at the post office. If not it's coming soon. I'll install and take good pictures outside so you can judge them.

Joshua
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but everyone who paid got a usps tracking number that is still has not been picked up. kenji06 contacted them, and they aren't shipping til they get 10 orders.
The only one that will be able to post pics is JoesRedMax, and he was on vacation. Hopefully he got it done this weekend to post more pics.

Next time we create a list of people who are gonna buy a new mod we should make the title of the list;
"Might be, Maybe or I'm not Sure if I'll buy these... But they look cool/great idea list. Put my name down. Doesn't cost anything to put my name here does it?"
Old 02-17-2008, 09:17 AM

This is the same reason why I didn't want to order them from the beginning. It's not fair to those who have had the real intentions from the moment they put their names on the list and paid for the item immediately after the option to pay was available. Why does the manufacturer have to wait until he gets "10" secure orders? If people are so worried about cost, just hike the price up a bit. The product is selling for a very reasonable amount as it is, I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying an extra $10 or so to have their item shipped the MOMENT they pay for it.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:33 AM
name came from hairdryer

This is the same reason why I didn't want to order them from the beginning. It's not fair to those who have had the real intentions from the moment they put their names on the list and paid for the item immediately after the option to pay was available. Why does the manufacturer have to wait until he gets "10" secure orders? If people are so worried about cost, just hike the price up a bit. The product is selling for a very reasonable amount as it is, I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying an extra $10 or so to have their item shipped the MOMENT they pay for it.
I'm gonna contact them and see if I can get mine for a lil more $$$. But, by the looks of other similar halos, they may go for $199-229.
I believe this is an introductory offer to stir up sales, and after the initial orders are placed, the price will be much higher.
I'll check with them and see if I can get mine sent by paying more.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but everyone who paid got a usps tracking number that is still has not been picked up. kenji06 contacted them, and they aren't shipping til they get 10 orders.
The only one that will be able to post pics is JoesRedMax, and he was on vacation. Hopefully he got it done this weekend to post more pics.

Next time we create a list of people who are gonna buy a new mod we should make the title of the list;
"Might be, Maybe or I'm not Sure if I'll buy these... But they look cool/great idea list. Put my name down. Doesn't cost anything to put my name here does it?"
Can't say that I am surprised by this. It reminds me of the Carbon Fiber Hood....... If I recall near 50 people voted, but when the time came to open up their wallets, only 4 people stood up......
Old 02-17-2008, 09:44 AM

I'm gonna contact them and see if I can get mine for a lil more $$$. But, by the looks of other similar halos, they may go for $199-229.
I believe this is an introductory offer to stir up sales, and after the initial orders are placed, the price will be much higher.
I'll check with them and see if I can get mine sent by paying more.
I understand that this an "introductory price" to expose the product out there, but it's even more reason as to why you would want your product out there, on some Maximas that are driving in everyday streets, where your product gets the exposure to make it successful. It does no one any good to hold "hostage" the product for those who have already paid for only because you don't have 10 orders to ship it out to initially. If they would be business savvy they would realize that this hurts them, not helps them. They should ship the items to those who have paid, let them install it, get pictures for those like me who are very interested, but want to see the product on the vehicle and actually functioning and than they'll see that they'll have more than 10 orders. I guess some people who go into business can't see how simple the solution could be. You want sales? Ship the paid products and wait for the numerous sales coming your way.

Than again, I never majored, or went to school for business, so what do I know?
Old 02-17-2008, 12:56 PM
name came from hairdryer

I understand that this an "introductory price" to expose the product out there, but it's even more reason as to why you would want your product out there, on some Maximas that are driving in everyday streets, where your product gets the exposure to make it successful. It does no one any good to hold "hostage" the product for those who have already paid for only because you don't have 10 orders to ship it out to initially. If they would be business savvy they would realize that this hurts them, not helps them. They should ship the items to those who have paid, let them install it, get pictures for those like me who are very interested, but want to see the product on the vehicle and actually functioning and than they'll see that they'll have more than 10 orders. I guess some people who go into business can't see how simple the solution could be. You want sales? Ship the paid products and wait for the numerous sales coming your way.

Than again, I never majored, or went to school for business, so what do I know?
I just emailed Justin about the problem we're having getting our 10 orders. He said I could pay more to get them shipped off tomorrow, so I did.
Hopefully I'll have some pics next weekend to get people to front up the money.
I don't want to say how much more, because he said he was giving me a good deal, since Joe has been soo busy and I was helping him out.
Not sure if he would give the same "deal" to everyone if they wanted theirs shipped sooner.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:47 PM
name came from hairdryer

9th order placed today.
The next order will get them all rolling out!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:15 AM

I'm about ready to ask for a refund. This is ridiculous. I'll never participate in another "Group" buy again.

Joshua