6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

If you have problems with the new IPCW tail lights look here

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 12:32 PM

If you have problems with the new IPCW tail lights look here

Problem: abnormal blinking or only one brake light works.

Solution:
Basically what is going on is that the connector on the oem bulb is thicker that the connector the led tail lights, so all you have to do (make sure the car is off and you don't have the any lights on) is close the pins on the stock connector and spread apart the pins on the lights, look at the pics.
And once again, make sure you have the black cable line up with the white black cable on the car!!!
BEFORE

AFTER (MAKE SURE THE LEADS DON'T STAY TOUCHING EACH OTHER AFTER YOU OPEN THEM)

Last edited by MAX2DAMAX; 07-07-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:03 PM

yeah that's basically what i did on my set before i installed them. works fine without any issues!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:50 PM
.org extraordinaire

I TRIED THAT still = FAIL

Left one blinks stupid fast, the right one is fine.

Plug old bulb back in works fine, plug IPC tail in = FAIL.

OLD = FINE
NEW = FAIL

I just tried plugging the left side into the right side blinker.... FAIL. So definately something wrong with the circuitry inside the light.

Kamski

Last edited by kamski; 05-24-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:52 PM

LED Taillight Issue..... PLEASE HELP

Please help... I continue to have an issue with my taillights where when I push the break, my rear right taillight goes out completely. I taken the light out probably 15 times over the past 4 weeks and have ensuredthat everything is pushed tight together. i've opened the metal clips on the plugs a tiny bit to ensure that I am going a good connection in the clip, etc. no matter what I do I can't get them to work consistently. some times they work, sometimes they don't, and currently i am unable to get the rear right to work when i hit the breaks all together.

If anyone has any ideas on how to correct the issue i would realy appreciate it. I really like the lights... but am currently worried to drive my car as I have no idea whether or not my break lights are working.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:56 PM
.org extraordinaire

bump
Old 05-25-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by tb2211
Please help... I continue to have an issue with my taillights where when I push the break, my rear right taillight goes out completely. I taken the light out probably 15 times over the past 4 weeks and have ensuredthat everything is pushed tight together. i've opened the metal clips on the plugs a tiny bit to ensure that I am going a good connection in the clip, etc. no matter what I do I can't get them to work consistently. some times they work, sometimes they don't, and currently i am unable to get the rear right to work when i hit the breaks all together.

If anyone has any ideas on how to correct the issue i would realy appreciate it. I really like the lights... but am currently worried to drive my car as I have no idea whether or not my break lights are working.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Read the other thread in the 6th gen section about the tails. IT clearly states the problem and the fix.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 PM

I was told my driver side tail light didn't work at a stop light by a buddy of mine that was behind me. I tapped the light and wha-la it worked. Got home took it out, made sure everything was tight, in which it was and put it back together. I noticed that one of my LED reverse (9 LED bulbs) was out, so now I gotta work that issue but nonetheless, I am now checking every once in a while to ensure I don't have a side LED tail light out.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:18 PM

Ok, so wait on picking these up.

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:25 PM

mine works fine right outa the box
Old 05-25-2008, 10:45 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Or send a PM to max2 or whatever his name is...

hes a man of his word and will do what he can to help!

But +1 on the other Thread in here... Seems to help a lot of ppl w/ this same prob
Old 05-25-2008, 10:58 PM
.org extraordinaire

I tried the other thread fix, and still no go with the fast blinking. I also used an volt meter to read the load on the lights. The right side shows 88ohms of resistance, the left light shows .01ohms.

Kamski
Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 PM
*moderator*

I had the same problem and followed the directions from the other thread and all is well...
Old 05-26-2008, 09:46 AM

I see there still some problems with some of the lights, if the same problem keeps coming back call IPCW they'll give you instructions on what to do.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 AM

Also guys, don't hesitate on giving IPCW a call, they might be able to help with more technical informations, if all else fails, we can warranty this lights,

REALLY IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THAT YOU CONNECT BLACK WIRE TO BLACK WIRE, switching the polarity on any circuit is not good at all.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by kamski
I tried the other thread fix, and still no go with the fast blinking. I also used an volt meter to read the load on the lights. The right side shows 88ohms of resistance, the left light shows .01ohms.

Kamski
I followed the fix in the other thread with the same result. The brake lights work but I still get the fast blinking and a ridiculous difference in ohm's from left to right. SAME PROBLEM!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 05:45 PM

I am in the same position as Kamski.....what is the # IPCW??? Hopefully, we can get this fixed....that fast blinks annoys the hell out of me!
Old 05-26-2008, 07:48 PM

I found the fix.... you need to push the gold plate in the OEM harness to the side. if you look at the pic's posted above, look at the gold connector on the bottom left hand side. It is pushed clear to the right inside it's little plastic space. when you insert the male connector of the light the pin on the connector will be sitting on the left side. with it pushed over to the right it is not making connection.

test fit your connectors and look to see where the pin's on your male inserts will sit in the female housing. the push the gold connectors left or right depending on where you need them. I also pried then open a little per the recomendation above.

my light is now working without any issues.... as an fyi i first tried prying open the connectors and opened up the one's on the male connectors and i still had the issue. the break light only started working once i pushed the gold connectors to the appropriate side.

try this out... i think it will solve your issues.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:52 PM

I found the fix.... you need to push the gold plate in the OEM harness to the side. if you look at the pic's posted above, look at the gold connector on the bottom left hand side. It is pushed clear to the right inside it's little plastic space. when you insert the male connector of the light the pin on the connector will be sitting on the left side. with it pushed over to the right it is not making connection.

test fit your connectors and look to see where the pin's on your male inserts will sit in the female housing. then push the gold connectors left or right depending on where you need them. I also pried then open a little per the recomendation above.

my light is now working without any issues.... as an fyi i first tried prying open the connectors and opened up the one's on the male connectors and i still had the issue. the break light only started working once i pushed the gold connectors to the appropriate side.

try this out... i think it will solve your issues.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:20 PM

Thanks tb2211 for R&D,
Old 05-27-2008, 04:59 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by tb2211
I found the fix.... ..............you need to push the gold plate in the OEM harness to the side. if you look at the i think it will solve your issues.
Saw that but = fail on mine.

I saw that also but my connectors were were actually making contact and still fast blinking.

I just want the left light replaced with a working one at this point.

Kamski
Old 05-27-2008, 05:04 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by cmeflygtp
I am in the same position as Kamski.....what is the # IPCW??? Hopefully, we can get this fixed....that fast blinks annoys the hell out of me!
Are your lights red by any chance, Or some other color?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by kamski
Are your lights red by any chance, Or some other color?
That they are!! RUBY Freaking red, apparently the house slammed down on these little slippers!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:10 AM

Are all these issues occurring while the vehicle is moving? Mine seems to work fine, but I always test my lights when its in my garage parked.

Also wondering if we should put up a pole to see how many people currently having issues, have had issues, are have not had any issues...
Old 05-27-2008, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Hilbe
Are all these issues occurring while the vehicle is moving? Mine seems to work fine, but I always test my lights when its in my garage parked.

Also wondering if we should put up a pole to see how many people currently having issues, have had issues, are have not had any issues...
These issues occur at all times for me!

I say bring on the Poll!!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:38 AM

oh so let me know this answer which will make my lights work i tried connecting the brake light and it didnt work....i checked the other tail to make sure it worked and nothing either. am i supposed to open up the connections or what these things were expensive
Old 08-07-2008, 09:39 AM

Okay I believe I understand what tb2211 is saying about the pin making contact with the cars plug.

The female connection is pushed to one side and since they are using the narrow pin connectors they are sliding in past the flat part and the wall of the connector and not making a good connection so he says he pushed the cars female part over toward the other side so it made the connection and has not had any more problems.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

A word of advice with these lights to everyone who is thinking about purchasing these lights - DO NOT TAKE THEM TO BE INSTALLED ANYWHERE - DO IT YOUSELF - they are very easy to install once you can take the lights out. If you take it to a auto shop that has morons working for them they may mess your lights up, scratch your car trying to take the lights out, and then say that the lights are defective.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 AM

:sigh: i finally installed the lights last night by opening up the connectors on the lights and now they look pimpin!!! thanx for the advice guys.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Shift_MajesticFemale

I get a fast blink on both sides only when stalk in "on" position both sides work fine when lights on with "Auto" setting....
Old 10-06-2010, 06:56 PM

bump, I got a couple of messages asking about this problem. I just want to make sure this thread doesn't disappear.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

im having issues with my driver side blinker on my led tail lights, it wont even turn on when i hit the turn signal. it turns on and blinks fast on the head light but not making any kind of connection on the rear blinker....any suggestions? i have made sure all my connections are made and the are, i believe i has gottn disconnected from inside of the housing, help me plz!! any advice will be greatly appriciated thanx, daniel
Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 PM

Yeah, you got the right idea. I thought that I had everything connected as well and sent emails back and forth with Edgar until I finally got it down.

My advice is that you can pull the prongs out on the OEM connection for the turn signal. You can use a small flat head to do it. Should take less than 2 minutes to get it done. Which is also shown at the beginning of this thread in case you need pics. Although, I pushed the prongs on the OEM out more than what's shown. To the point where it's almost connected to on another with a tiny gap in the middle.

That will solve the issue if you did it right and it will hold the connector on the LED tails in there and prevent it from moving. Hope that helps and let me know.

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 07-29-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I made sure all my connections are made plus I disconnected and the plugs and plugged the BAck in....if you look at pic 3 up above you'll see a red and black set of wires inside the housing itself,that is what got disconnected. I have pictures to show but idk how to post them on here
Old 07-30-2011, 03:50 PM

Well, when you disconnected and plugged them back together. That's where a problem might of occurred. Things probably moved inside there and you lost the connection that you initially had. Also, make SURE that the prongs on the OEM connector (pic 2) and the LED tail lights connector (pic 3) line up with one another or there will be no connection at all.

The prongs on the LED tails are pretty brittle and can move around easily. Which means you just have to be patient and line everything up a few times until you got it.

Make sure to remember the trick in my last post. This will definitely keep them both connected without you having to mess with the prongs on the LED connector. Which can break if you open them up to often like how it's shown on pic 3.

Also, this WILL keep them from moving around since some people have reported loosing connection a week or two later. Mine have been on for a pretty long time now and it's still working like it should.

*Anyways, you can upload pics on photobucket. Make an account if you don't have one already and once you do all of that. Just copy/paste the IMG CODE onto the message box. Once you submit your post than your pictures will show up just like the ones on top of this thread.

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 07-30-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

random wire

here the picture of the wire that got disconnected, i made sure all other connections are made just cant figure out where this one is made up at.....i also pulled out the passenger side tail light to figure out where its connected to but its making connection somewhere inside the housing
Old 07-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

heres another pix
Old 07-31-2011, 08:43 PM

OHHH......that's for the sidemarker man. It shouldn't be coming out of that hole, there's a separate spot for it to come out of. Which is the hole that's on top of the spot for the turning light. Just weave it from where it is now to the one I mentioned. Connect it and your good to go.

Although, that shouldn't be causing the hyper flash IMO.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Imma try that and see what happens, thanx for the advice...plus my turn signal is not flashing on the tail light only on the head light its.not making any connection
Old 08-01-2011, 07:11 PM

No problem, yeah that's usually what happens when the connection isn't there. Hope everything works out for you and put another post up if you have any other issues.

Everything I have listed down so far before this post will help you fix the issues with your turn signal or making a connection. Post some pics when your done to show off how they look. If you want to that is.

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 08-01-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

mine are blinking too fast on both sides and i tried this but it didnt help, i have LED blinkers with resistors in the front so do i need to add a resistor to the tails? thx

Quick Reply: If you have problems with the new IPCW tail lights look here